Is it just me or...

Posted by Iris

Are we getting a lot more bots lately? I normally wouldn't mind, but they don't seem to be generating activity with new, legitimate members or anything. Just thought it was weird.

Posted by Stalolin

Nothing will ever be done about them.

Enjoy banning them!

Posted by Linkman

CAPTCHA and e-mail verification would all but eliminate the issue, but Jesse doesn't use them because he thinks it's the cause for no activity and new members. Therefore, nothing will be done. We'll just have to ban them.

Posted by Ant

no point in really banning them, cause more often than not they don't come back. but wutev

Posted by Iris

Gotta delete the posts anyways, might as well ban.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: CAPTCHA would all but eliminate the issue. Therefore, nothing will be done. We'll just have to ban them.

Ack!!!! Now why didn't you suggest that long agao!!!!!!!! :eek: :D:D:D Da Captcha has been turned on, there for nothing will be done!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: no point in really banning them, cause more often than not they don't come back. but wutev

Yeah, it's only the gibberish bots that don't need banning. The rest, though, will often post in multiple boards.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Jesse Smith: Ack!!!! Now why didn't you suggest that long agao!!!!!!!! :eek: :D:D:D Da Captcha has been turned on, there for nothing will be done!!! :D:D:D:D

so did you just add it or was it always there? cause I just now checked and saw it there.

hopefully that'll cut down on the bots.

Posted by Jesse Smith

No, it wasn't there before. I'm sure I've had it there before. I'm not sure when I got rid of it. I'm not sure why I got rid of it. It doesn't keep normal humanoids from being able to register, if they can see.

As for E-mail verification...er fake E-mail address = no verification possible = real humanoid can't post!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Likely got rid of it to annoy everyone with an influx of ****ty members and/or bots. Sounds like something you'd do.

Posted by Ant

well, looks like it worked. cut the members seen in the past 24 hours from about 225 to 125 :$