Tales of Hearts

Posted by Slade

Not much info has been released about this game, but I just saw a lot of screenshots and pictures posted at another forum. Two new characters were unveiled.

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/talesofhearts/081004/

Apparently there will be two versions, one with anime cutscenes and the other with CG. Both kinds look really good, but some of those CG screens made me "whoa."

Posted by #061402

..Huh, that looks pretty cool. Maybe I'll have to buy a new DS after all.

Posted by Zeta

in b4 CG version sells horribly compared to the other.

Posted by Slade

And I'll be quietly raging because the CG surely took way more time and looks much better OBJECTIVELY.

I think. Or that's just my opinion.

Basically I think it boils down to many layers of particle dust VS. lens flare-esque anime special effects.

Posted by Shade

I dunno, they both look pretty good. =/

Game looks rockin'.

Posted by Alastor

Tales of Innocence and Tales of the Tempest didn't get English releases. Hard to imagine this one will.

Posted by Shade

Third time's the charm!

Posted by Slade

I have a feeling this one will. It looks like it's got wayyy more money behind it than either of those.

And Tales of Innocence's fan translation should be done sometime this year. I'M EXCITED

Posted by #061402

I have a feeling we don't even want to know how many great games we've missed because they didn't make it out of Japan. That dood, Kunzite, with the weird katar-like weapons reminds me of Mega man.

Posted by Slade

As far as DS games go, we haven't missed too many interesting RPGs. I typically watch worldwide DS releases like a hawk since I have no current-gen systems. There was one old-skool dungeon crawler with amazing artwork, and a couple mash-ups (think Namco x Capcom) that looked entertaining.

Posted by #061402

One good game missed is one too many though. :(

Posted by WillisGreeny

Atleast it has gotten better since the Playstation era. ******* that sucked.

Posted by Slade

holy balls

http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=6772

Posted by Alastor

Still needs more English release. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Too many ****ing tales games. holy ****, give it a rest.

Posted by Alastor

Hasn't stopped Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest!

Main FF series started in '87, is at 13th release. Main DQ series started in '86, is at 10th release. Main Tales series started in '95, is at 11th release.

too many tales games in too short a time

Posted by Klarth

0.62 ff games per year
0.41 dq games per year
1.18 tales games per year

rather whored out

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Slade;889795](think Namco x Capcom)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

i wanted to play kos-mos versus megaman

why must companies be so cruel

why can't we have super robot wars games in english

also, in that video that looks like they're doing an awful lot of damage for a tales game

don't even want to think about how much health bosses have

Glad someone did the math.

I mean, Tales games are pretty great, but jesus. Vesperia and Symphonia just came out, and they were released relatively close to each other. It's really easy to get burnt out on JRPGs, and even more so of the same series. Should be at least a two year break between releases.

Posted by Alastor

In Dawn of the New World's defense, it was a spin-off. That's like chalking up the Crystal Chronicles games in a "There are too many Final Fantasy games" argument.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you or anything, because I'm not. I mean, Hearts wasn't even out and they'd already announced the next mothership title on the Wii.

...Oddly enough, the Dragon Quest series just did the exact same thing. Next mothership title isn't even released, mothership title after that confirmed for Wii.

Posted by Klarth

"mothership title" is the most gay piece of gay slang ever

Quoted post: In Dawn of the New World's defense, it was a spin-off. That's like chalking up the Crystal Chronicles games in a "There are too many Final Fantasy games" argument.

Not counting that game in the total lineup, just saying putting two Tales games back-to-back within a couple months isn't a great idea. Fact remains that they've put out 11 main games in 13 years. And one to two games per year since Symphonia.

Also, announcing a sequel before the first game is even out isn't anything new. It's not even rare for an entire trilogy to be announced before the original comes out.

Posted by Alastor

Weren't like three of the Final Fantasy mothership titles announced on the same day a few years ago or something?

It does make perfect sense for them to crank out faster after Symphonia, though. That's when it started to PRINT MONEY in North America.

Quoted post: Weren't like three of the Final Fantasy mothership titles announced on the same day a few years ago or something?

FFXIII games. Which is ****ing ridiculous, but only one is main entry, and really the only one I care to play. Either way, FFXII was released in 2006, FFXII in 2009. Not exactly one a year.

Posted by Klarth

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to Versus more than XIII itself?

Especially given that the KH gimp is at the helm and I abhor that cluster**** of a series.

Posted by Iris

Handheld Tales games generally suck ***.

I've liked all of the console ones I've played, but that's just Phantasia, Symphonia 1, Abyss, and Vesperia.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: FFXIII games.

Oh, no, I thought it was something like XIII, IX and X. Not sure why, though.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Iris: Handheld Tales games generally suck ***.

Isn't the only handheld Tales game Tales of Phantasia? That game rocked hard.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Shade: Isn't the only handheld Tales game Tales of Phantasia? That game rocked hard.

Nah, not by a long shot. The Tales of the World series alone is about to release its sixth game. One on the GBC, three on the GBA, soon to be two on the PSP.

Then you've got Tales of Innocence, Tales of the Tempest and Tales of Hearts on the DS... and Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Rebirth, and a "Full Voice Edition" of Tales of Phantasia on the PSP.

Fun fact: None of the ones in that last list except for Eternia left Japan.

Posted by Shade

Oh, right. Forgot about the PSP and others aren't released in English as far as I know...?

Quoted post: Oh, no, I thought it was something like XIII, IX and X. Not sure why, though.

SE couldn't possibly make 3 main FF titles at a single time.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I wouldn't put it passed them.