Who in your family are gamers?

Posted by Kopaka

My Dad is a PC gamer, and also my uncle is a PC gamer as well. I can't wait to show him my DS, though! Also, my sister plays N64, and, oh I almost for got. My mom also is a PC gamer, I think (solitare, freecell, spider solitare if those count).

So... you?

Posted by VicE

My mom likes Zelda and Donkey Kong Country, my dad likes Tetris (but thinks every other game in the world is a waste of time), and my sister likes Mario (she has an SP with Super Mario Advance 4). That's pretty much it, though.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Other than me, the only person in my family that ever could be considered a "gamer" would be my brother (Paul). He'd actually get up every day around three in the afternoon, get high, then play video games, get high again, play video games, eat, etc. throughout the whole day until Friday and Saturday night when a rave would come around. Him and his stoner friends had actually got ahold of a nice four bedroom house that they networked and would game all day and night. It was kind of scary to think that it was nearly possible for my brother to beat me at a video game! This, of course, was all before the police raided his house and he was sent to jail.

Posted by Speedfreak

My 2 brothers and I are gamers, and my Dad used to be one (first in our family to beat the Lost Levels, no less), but has since quit because of their increasing complexity. Then I gave him a go on WarioWare Touched.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Me - I play console and PC games.
Cousin - Used to play PS2, now only plays PC.
Brother 1 - PC and consoles.
Brother 2 - PC and Xbox. [/COLOR]

Posted by bazariah

in my family it's me as the true gamer, my older sis as the casual, my little sis plays from time to time, my bro in law plays quite a lot, and one of my cousins is a hardcore RPG freak

trying to get my nephew rto start playing, but hes more interested in thomas the tank engine

ooh and my mother actually had one the highest scores in the u.k (at the time 1982) on activisions atari classic KABOOM! (my old man bought the atari but only played it twice)

Posted by William

I'm the gamer of the family, but everyone else does play games every once in a while.

Mom: Tetris, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. I - III, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Dr. Mario

Mom's boyfriend: Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro games, Tetris/Dr. Mario

Little brother: wrestling games, grand theft auto games, all of the ones that my mom and her boyfriend play as well...

Other brother: racing, shooting

Myself: Everything, but mainly RPGs/strategy and sci-fi, horror or fantasy themed games.

Posted by saiyanknight

Well not many in my family :(

Me-The bestest gamer :)
my brother- mainly wrestling and fighting games.also GTA
sister- plays n64 from time to time
oldest cousen(sara, so ye a girl)-has a N64 and a PS2, plays them often...ish

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'm pretty much the only one who plays games on a regular basis. Occasionally, I'll force my sister to play with me. My father used to play the NES sometimes, but hasn't played any games for years, really.

Posted by Echo

I'm really the only one in my family who plays games. My little brother is starting to play games, but he's only about six. Now that I think about it, he plays games a good bit. And a variety of them, too. He just had my parents rent him NBA Live for my Gamecube, and he plays Soul Calibur II on my Gamecube and Medal of Honor on my PC. He also occasionally plays Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for my PS2, but that's a little too fast for him. Other than that, my uncle owns and plays PS2. He is actually the one who got me interested in the Ratchet and Clank series. Oh, and my dad loves to play Medal of Honor occasionally, too. My sister and mother aren't gamers at all, though.

Posted by Big Boss

My 14-year-old brother.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Just me. My 14 year old brother plays games every now and then, but he's not as passionate about them as i am now or as i was at his age.

The only other time another member of my family got into video games happened years ago. It was when i first played Metal Gear Solid, my dad came into the room during the cutscene where Snake meets Vulcan Raven in the freezer room. He sat there looking mesmerized at the movie-like presentation and then he and i took turns trying to beat Raven for like an hour. After i beat the game he asked me to borrow the game, and that was the only game he ever got into and actually finished.[/COLOR]

Posted by Slade

Me n' Mom are the only gamers in my family... unless you count my cousins, who I believe occaisonally game, but I never visit them anymore...
I love console and PC games of all types but sports. The only sports games I like are those crazy ones that let you peg the batter in the head with a fastball every pitch in baseball, and also games like NBA Street or NBA Heat(of old).
My step-mom got into playing Crash Team Racing, but she had that unbreakable habit of throwing her body in the direction that she'd turn in the game(it appears to be an epidemic among 40-50 yr olds). In battle mode she could actually beat me if she got enough heat-seeking missiles.... Then I sold the game. Maybe it was a bad idea... all she plays now is Solitare, Freecell and the like.

Posted by Kazame

It's just me. My sister would rather be at the mall, and you can rule my parents out who rule by the "You must get B's or higher on your report card to play video games." So I think it's just me, unless my Six year old cousin counts, when he blows himself up in Halo trying to beat me at it...

Posted by Crazy K

Well My Dad is the only person in my house who does not play video games.

My Mom- She is the one who got me into video games. We had a Nintendo forever and she played tons of games. She liked playing Startropics, Super Mario 3 was her favorite. My mom is probably the best at super mario bros 3.

Me- Well you know I play mainly PS2 and I do play Nintendo and Super NES when Im craving the old days.

Dad- All he ever did was play Gran Turismo on Demo.

Sister Lori (Now living somewhere else)- She used to play Super Mario 3 quite a big aswell. My mom and my sister played a lot of the Nintendo.

My Little Brother Brad- Plays mainly the games like GTA, racing games, etc.

and thats mainly it.

Posted by Arczu

My brother is now the only other one who plays games... and it's a darnm shame too, because we used to have the most fun 4 of us all playing the same game.

You see, I have one brother (23) and now three sisters (21, 19, 5 respectively). Around ten years ago, we were all into games. My big sisters can't find a game she can stand anymore, my middle sisters got turned off from games altogether cause I was always beating her scores or moving too far ahead without her (so she says), and then my youngest sister isn't at that stage of understanding yet to teach her.

Count my dad and mom out because they hate the things with a vengence, and always blame my Nintendo (sitting in a closet) for the reason I have bad grades... how original.

Posted by Fate

My brother was a hardcore gamer when he was younger, but he toned down to being a casual gamer. My other brother only played 007something and Need For Speed. Basically, I'm the only gamer in my family to play religiously.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

how do you play religiously? i dont think there are any ways to do that eccept if youre a pope.

in my family, it is only my brother and i who can be classfied as gamers. my sister, on the occasion, plays mario kary double dash, but thats the only game she plays; and to this day, she still has never completed all-tour cup in 1st place on 100CC. my mum plays snake on her phone as well.

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

My step-father will only play sports games, but he royally sucks at all of them. My 2 sisters are what I like to call "Legacy System Gamers", both are 13 & 8 and all they play are NES, SNES, and Genesis, with the occasional Fusion Frenzy match on my cousins X Box. Other than that, the only other gamers in the family are my cousins Derek, hes like 4 and plays GameCube all the time, and Angela (aka: Looski) who as many of you know, has all of the newer gen systems

Posted by Dexter

I think the major members of my family all play video games occasionally, but no one is as dedicated to them as myself. My younger sister, Fairy, comes in second. I have several nephews that are frequent gamers. My oldest sister, who just entered her 40s, likes playing Pac Man and Dig Dug still, although she can't beat my unconquerable, dexterous score. She can't keep up with the rigorous complications of today's games. There are just far too many buttons and takes too long to learn all the various drills. I could always get her enthusiastic for a simple NES game, though, which is part of the system's absolute charm. It doesn't take much to learn how to play Balloon Fight or Bubble Bobble and become an equal player when it comes to knowing how, and the games are still quite enjoyable.

Posted by buddha

Me, a lot!!
older brother, a fair bit
younger sister, a lot!!
younger brother,sometimes a lot somtimes none at all!

Posted by ButtonPushingQueen

My whole family is a bunch of gamers, my dad as we speak is playing earthbound on an emulator and my mom was the first of us to beat Zelda: a link to the past on the snes. But I am biggest gaming freak of the family.

Posted by Corrupt

Well, besides myself, my mom loves a lot of the classic NES and Sega Genesis titles. We still sometimes play a good ol' round of Road Rash together, as well as a lot of other old gems. She's not too crazy about them, but she does enjoy playing them every so often.

My dad is more into gaming than my mom, I'd think. He's more of a PS1/PS2 gamer, which is fine by me. When I go up to San Francisco, we usually engage in some competitive PS2 gaming, usually resulting in one of us throwing our controller down and joking about how we're going to kill the other. It's all fun and games, still... and my dad also likes old computer games, and NES classics.

My cousins Sasha and Zach are also gamers... Zach being a major sports fan with his PS2 and Xbox, and Sasha being a loyal Nintendo fan with her Gamecube and N64. So yeah, that's about it, really. I think all of us should get together sometime and go head-to-head in some kind of multiplayer game. Yeah, that'd be fun...

Posted by moonie

My brother and I are the biggest gamers of the family. I play my rpgs / MMORPG. I've touched many games on Nes, snes, PS1-2, gameboy, N64. Same goes with my brother.

My mom used to play Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot(PS1) not to mention the solitaire games on PC. My dad would play Star Fox on snes and n64. He loved Mario Kart on snes as well.

My sister hates videogames and my grandmother loves her nintendo =)

Posted by Chronic

Im like the only gamer in the family. Some people in my family play a game here or there but its just not the same.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Well I am pretty much the only gamer. Along time ago my brother played games, he actually introduced me to the Megaman series. He usually plays old reminding games like Mario 64 DS. He actually beat every megaman game on the Anniversary collection and helped me beat one of the bosses from Megaman 1. The Yellow blob guy, Devil something.

Edit : I think its Yellow Devil.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: My 2 brothers and I are gamers, and my Dad used to be one (first in our family to beat the Lost Levels, no less), but has since quit because of their increasing complexity. Then I gave him a go on WarioWare Touched.

Lost levels was mine and dads game. I was the first to beat it and daddy was much impressed. Daddy soon followed. By the tender age of 5ish I was the don of Lost Levels. All that has passed now :(

Posted by boomstick

My brother-At one time was a dedicated gamer, it was because of him that I was able to play NES, SNES and most of the Sega systems. Over the years, he's slowly slipped from it, he's now an almost exculsive PC gamer, I've played games like Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life 2 and Vampire The Masquarade on his beast of an Alienware Gaming computer.
The only current console he owns is a Xbox, but due to the costly upgrades that his PC is draining from his computer, he's slipping back into console gaming, he's excited about the next-gen consoles and has even talked about buying a PS2.

My dad-Casual gamer, he plays sports and Star Wars games on my consoles and that's about it, when I'm not using them, he occasionally pops in Fight Night, ESPN Baseball or KOTOR(Big Star Wars fan)and plays and with me possibly moving out soon, he's talked on getting a PS2 or Xbox for his short gaming needs

Josh-My cousin, he's a more serious gamer than most of my family, outside myself, of course, he plays alot of sports games, but he also plays alot of action and stealth-based games, like Splinter Cell and MGS, he plays online with his PC and Xbox Live, as well, of current consoles he owns a DS, PS2 and Xbox.

Brittany-My eldest cousin and Josh's sister, purely casual, she plays platformers and racing games on Josh's PS2 and that's it, really, I've never her lift a finger to anything else.

Mitch-Uncle, he owns a PS2 and plays alot of platformers like Jak and Rachet & Clank and Sly Cooper, he's also a little old school, he plays alot of the old 2dfighting games and he absolutely loves boxing so he loves Fight Night.

Julie-Another cousin, owns a PS2 and loves survival horror and is now drooling over the upcoming PS2 port, outside that, she hardly plays anything else except handheld games, she has a GBA and plans of getting a PSP or DS, soon.

And Me, of course.

That's all of my immediate family that I can think of.

Posted by Axis

Older brother - Usually plays the PC. Games like Counter-Strike and World of Warcraft

Younger brother - Also usually plays the PC. Games like Everquest or any other MMORPG. Sometimes he plays his Xbox.

Dad - PC Games. Civilization III, Battlefield 1942

Mom - Usually plays Nintendo games.

Myself - I usually play on my Xbox.

Posted by Zeratul

Me-Anything that catches my eye
Jason-my brother, mostly like me
Seth-My other brother whos in the army and likes war games like call of duty and medal of honor

Posted by Apathetic

Me - Biggest gamer in house, mostly in to computer and portable stuff right now , I play my SP a little bit everday
Brother - Sometimes plays Morrowind, Zelda and a little of what I play.

Posted by TendoAddict

I'm sad to say that I am the only real gamer.

Other than me its my cousin, who claims to be a gamer (mostly violent games). But i doubt really understands the whole grand tapestry of the industry. My other (female) cousin likes to play Mario kart or Animal crossing but not to a large etent.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Everyone except my mother and grandparents.

Posted by coromoro

-My seven year-old brother, who plays everything I play. :)
-My step father, who own a GBA.
-My 25 year-old sister, who own a GCN and a PS2.
-My 23 year-old sister, who owns a GCN.
-My 14 year-old cousin (girl), who owns a GCN, an SNES, and a DS.
-My uncle and his three daughters, who own an NES, an SNES, and a few GameBoy systems.
-My 15 year-old cousin (guy), who owns a GBA.

There's a few others, but I don't consider them part of the family because I don't really like them. :)

Posted by Ant

No one other then myself. Cept for some cousins. :(

Posted by crimsoncinder

Me. Thats about it

Posted by inequity

My sister and I play most of the video games in my family. My parents whore up animal crossing.

Really no one else.

Posted by Jolly Rodger

Everyone in my family is a gamer, well except my dog.

Posted by Fox McCloud

My two little sisters-Sony and Nintendo gamers
My cousin-Nintendo gamer. That's only kind of gamer he wants to be.
His Brother-Nintendo gamer.
My aunt-Pac Man
And me-Nintendo and Sony gamer.

Posted by Mini Rebew

with my family its basically just me and my brother...i'm more of a hardcore gamer than him...he mostly just plays halo 2 and ssbm, and he makes me buy all the games.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Just me and my brother. Every one else think they are to old and cool...or they are to young to understand videogames to be counted as gamers.

Posted by gamer910

squirells cant play games thou

Posted by Alastor

I'm really the only one. My father was an NES and Arcade (Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Galaga, the like) freak, and my mother played NES and Pac-Man occasionally. My sister (18) and my mother both got into Animal Crossing, especially my mother. In fact, I think my mother played Animal Crossing more than I did. >_>

My father says all the games today make him sick (as in dizzy, etc.), and I've been trying to get him to play SNES since he said he never played one. It's hard to find SNES games around here, but maybe I can get him into it and back into NES when the Revolution comes out. :cool:

Posted by loony636

Just me and my younger brother. My dad grew up in the days of Atari; Missle Command and Pac-Man. He doesn't play modern computer games. My mum never got into them. My sister plays on Miniclip.com very occasionally, but I don't think that makes her a gamer as such...

Posted by tiger93

My cousin, my friends, and one other cousin.

Posted by Stranger

my moand step dad are both pc gamers,and my sister plays the hand held games

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Only one of my uncles and some cousins,and me of course,heh heh,the rest are no fun.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

Me, my grandad, my mom, my dad, my 3 brothers, my s-mom a little, 3 of my cousins, my uncle, and my fiance. mmm... I think that's all...