Cave Story on WiiWare

Posted by Alastor

[quote]Tucked inside a press release straight from Nintendo of America comes the downplayed news that Cave Story

Posted by Ant

not sure if want.

Posted by Linko_16

I'll wait and see what the new stuff is. No sense in paying for what was free if there's nothing particularly interesting about it.

Posted by Alastor

Though Pixel said he wanted the game to remain free regardless of what platform it ends up on.

Not that Nintendo will probably care. Calling it going for ten bucks.

Posted by Linko_16

Assuming there are worthwhile extras (whole other levels and **** would be nice), I'd pay ten bux.

Posted by Alastor

I'm hoping for that, too. My gut tells me it's going to be something stupid like motion control minigames, though. :(

I wonder if Pixel even has anything to do with the new content.

Posted by Kyuuketsuki

Maybe they'll add more levels with Curly Brace? I hope so. It's been a while since I played Cave Story so I am looking forward to this.

Posted by Linko_16

2 Player with Curly? I'd eat that **** up.

Posted by Alastor

Better yet, Wi-Fi.

Very unlikely, but man, two player Cave Story with online would kick insane amounts of ***.

Posted by Speedfreak

PIXEL DESERVES MY MONEY AND A 21-GUN SALUTE.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I'll wait and see what's added. As long as it's halfway interesting I'll likely pick it up.

Posted by Zeta

http://gonintendo.com/?p=58250

[quote]"The WiiWare version of Cave Story features all-new music rearranged by Yann van der Cruyssen. He’s worked with Nicklas (Nygren) in the past and we’ve really liked working with him. We’ve paid very close attention to stay as faithful as possible to the original music. Each track is passed off while in-progress state to Amaya so that he can review and approve it.

Yes, the old music and graphics will both be retained via a switch. You ’ll also be able to mix-and-match audio and visuals. So, if you like the old art and new music, or vice versa, you can do it. Cave Story has a huge fanbase, we’re aware of that and want to make sure that it’s true to what they expect and Pixel-approved. If they don’t like the new art or music, we won’t be offended and they can play the game in its original state."

Posted by Alastor

Bah, I was just coming to post that article.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I could settle for that. Definitely.

Posted by Linko_16

Just new music and graphics? Well, maybe.

Posted by Alastor

[quote]RMC: Will the WiiWare version offer something for people that have played through the freeware version?

TR: Yes. But everyone will just have to wait and see what it is.

There's something new besides graphics and music.

It's really nice to see that Pixel himself is so involved with the project.

[url=http://www.cavestorywii.com/]this is the best website music ever[/url]

Posted by Kyuuketsuki

Thanks for the link! And indeed, that is a great song. Hopefully they'll update the status soon and shed some light on whats going to be so different other than the music.