Meta Knight officially banned in Italy

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]From the tournament scene, that is. I don't know how to feel about this. It's true he's basically lagless and he doesn't have any bad match ups or counters. . . but a permanent ban? Interesting.[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The game hasn't even been out that long...

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]That's why this is stirring up some controversy.[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

Haha, who decided this, exactly, that it applies to all of Italy? If someone starts a tournament out of their home with Metaknight allowed, is the government going to come busting in and arresting people?

Posted by Ant

*Metaknight officially BANS Italy more like it.

Posted by Alastor

Sakurai: (laughs)

Posted by O.T.L

Meta knight used to be impossible for me, now I just struggle.

Posted by Iris

I guess it's just the "OFFICIAL ITALIAN RECOGNIZED PASTA TOURNEYS" only or something. Obviously up to the establishment.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

yea, I want a link to where you read this, I could use a laugh or two

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]There's a huge thread over at Smash Boards, or google it, there's a lot of people talking about it. I'm not sure what the major tournies are in Italy but it's the majority of the Smash community there that came to the decision or there wouldn't be an outcry about it. Obviously smaller tournies can include him if they want but that's not what were talking about here.

EDIT

Although it's still too soon to see if this ban will stick considering the game's only been out there for what? 3 months? Also considering the fact that they haven't even had any Brawl tournaments yet[/COLOR]

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Well, the game isn't tournament intentioned, as much as players can try. The game needs something massive to make it competitive, I saw a couple of threads on smashboards and ran across tournament standouts. It seems over 60% of tournaments have metaknight and snake in the placing, and with metaknight with a large margin between snake, and a large margin from snake to wario. Whatever though, I'm still waiting for the one game breaking thing that will stop the metaknight/snake madness for me to be bothered and going to tournaments. ****, I don't even recall melee having such a problem with sheik, and people pleading for sheik bans weren't even trying. However, this is making me giggle a little.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Did Italy ban Sheik too? Because if not, there's something wrong here.