Why do I have to be signed into xbox live to play arcade games?

Posted by inequity

Since xbox live is down today for maintenance, i felt like playing some of my arcade games. I go to my list and see that each one of them are all trials, even though I bought them. I've noticed this before and signing into xbox live fixes this. I just dont understand, I downloaded the games onto my hard drive, so shouldn't I still be allowed to play them?

This is also goes for my guitar hero 3 downloaded songs, i cant play them unless im signed in. Makes no sense since I bought them.

Posted by #061402

I guess it could be some kind of countermeasure to piracy or something. Only thing I noticed was that the clock messes up unless you're signed in.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Your not the only one that has this problem. Yeh theres a long process to fix this mistake that they go into detail in a past OXM magazine a few months back. You have to download some files from xbox.com and go from there to fix this problem.

Posted by Crazy K

I hope it doesn't **** with my arcade games.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've never had any problems with it... Honestly, I've never had to be ON Live to get in the games, just signed on to my gamertag. You can sign out of Xbox Live (or keep from signing in to Live), and still get into your games. Just unplug your ethernet cord or unplug your wireless adapter.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

did you get a new system, old one break? you need the transfer tool.. your welcome

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/default.htm

Posted by Speedfreak

You don't, I haven't connected my Xbox to Live for weeks and I can play mine just fine. Though I can't look at my own high scores which I find seriously retarded. This did happen when I recieved my new Xbox though, because the arcade games were "bonded" to my old hard drive. If this is what you've done just call up Xbox support, there's a relatively simple procedure to unlock your Xbox.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Or just do what Y2K said. Faster and easier than any other solution.