New DS

Posted by ExoXile

Yea:

[CENTER] [quote=GameSpot]
Japanese media say Nintendo will introduce camera, music playback, and better wireless into next revision of popular portable hardware.
Earlier this year, [URL="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189894.html"]Nintendo projected[/URL] hardware sales of its DS handheld system to total 28 million for the current fiscal year. While that can be considered a massively successful year, it is down slightly from the 30 million portable game players the company sold last year. That anticipated slowdown led one industry analyst to predict a new iteration of the DS hardware is on the way, while another had been expecting such a redesign [URL="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182879.html"]since last November[/URL].
Today, Japanese news site [URL="http://www.nni.nikkei.co.jp/AC/TNKS/Nni20080927D27JFF01.htm"]Nikkei Net[/URL] (subscription required) is reporting that the time has finally come for Nintendo to roll out another new DS, and that the system will arrive in Japan by the end of the year. Planned features for the unnamed DS revision include a camera function, music playback, and improved wireless capabilities. No mention was made of previously speculated upgrades like larger screens, enhanced memory, or a smaller size.
Nikkei expects the redesigned system to carry a price tag of about

Posted by Shade

Only buying it if I looks really cool.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Here comes the N-phone.

Posted by ExoXile

I'd totally buy it.

Posted by Fate

Only care about the potential of an internet browser and camera. I don't want another thing I own to be able to play music. Jesus ****.

Posted by maian

OCTOBER 2ND GO GO GO

Posted by Shade

I want pics now.

Posted by Linko_16

Hahaha, who's dumb for not buying a DS Lite now?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linko_16: Hahaha, who's dumb for not buying a DS Lite now?

I refuse to buy a Lite. In fact even though my original DS went on the fritz, I just spent 62 bucks to fix it. I like the original better because it's more beefy and sturdy. The Lite to me is a little TOO lite. Plus I didn't care about a brighter screen enough to shell out bux.

Anyways, this new DS sounds intriguing. Just for the fact that it would have better wireless would make me want to buy it. I would hope they put WPA in that sucker. I have to use WEP on my WAP :( I also think it's be cool if they threw in a built in browser. They better not make this a crippled piece of junk (like they did with GB micro) and do something like get rid of the GBA port.

Posted by Ambellina

Quoting Fate: Only care about the potential of an internet browser and camera. I don't want another thing I own to be able to play music. Jesus ****.

Things that play music are getting to be a bit much :/ I mean it's a freakin' ds. You're supposed to listen to the game music anyway.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Ambellina: Things that play music are getting to be a bit much :/ I mean it's a freakin' ds. You're supposed to listen to the game music anyway.

Lol, indeed!

Anyways we may hear more about this on Wednesday. Apparently Iwata-San will be delivering the company

Posted by David M. Awesome

I guess I won't have to have my DS fixed after all, then. My right shoulder button has gotten completely ****ed at this point, so I've been needing to fix it, but if a new system worth buying is coming out, I'll just get that instead.

Posted by Proto Man

NEW NEWS!

The new DS previously reported [URL="http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/11524/digital-life/nintendos-new-ds-two-touchscreens-and-camera"]HAS BEEN CONFIRMED[/URL]!

Quoting David M. Awesome: I guess I won't have to have my DS fixed after all, then. My right shoulder button has gotten completely ****ed at this point, so I've been needing to fix it, but if a new system worth buying is coming out, I'll just get that instead.

Yeah... I was just thinking the same thing. "Why did I get my DS fixed", but then I got this thought. GameStop had a superb trade in deal for the DS. So if this DOES turn out more than a simple hardware refresh, I might just do that.

Posted by Shade

****, still no pics. I want my eye-candy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

If I wanted a camera and music I'd buy a phone. So this thing better look awesome

Posted by Speedfreak

It's confirmed that there's a new model, but it's NOT confirmed that it has a camera, music player etc. Calm down, this is how Nintendo fanboys get disappointed and rage.

I'm kinda considering a new one, my DS Lite is pretty scuffed and has a cracked hinge, but I also want a PSP...maybe for Christmas.

Posted by Slade

If it ends up being a really cool model, I can see myself getting it after I put some more wear on my Lite.

Only functions I care about:
- improved audio/backlight/stuff like that
- improved wireless
- keep the headphone jack the way it is
- keep GBA functionality
- make it look and feel better (duh)
- maybe add some easy customization

But if it looks good enough I'd be willing to sacrifice the GBA slot.

Posted by Shade

I'm never willing to sacrifice my GBA backwards compatibility. Only possible "improvements" I can see being feasible are add-ons like a camera, music player, etc., bigger screens, and **** cool new design.

The GBA slot won't go. Guitar Hero is too big a game.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Ambellina: Things that play music are getting to be a bit much :/ I mean it's a freakin' ds. You're supposed to listen to the game music anyway.

i'm enthusiastic about an all-purpose device of any description

anyone who isn't probably owns a ****ing handbag anyway

Posted by Shade

Or pockets.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Shade: I'm never willing to sacrifice my GBA backwards compatibility. Only possible "improvements" I can see being feasible are add-ons like a camera, music player, etc., bigger screens, and **** cool new design.

Indeed! Only improved wireless would make me buy it if it didn't have a GBA slot. I think Vamp is right though. In fact, that would render the rumble pack and memory packs useless. Unless they decided to build those in. But then we are talking a system as expensive as the PSP.

Quoting Speedfreak: It's confirmed that there's a new model, but it's NOT confirmed that it has a camera, music player etc. Calm down, this is how Nintendo fanboys get disappointed and rage.

Nobody said the features were confirmed. You know how these threads go. We all like to speculate over new things.

Posted by Shade

Rumble pack would suck.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm going to buy two new DS's! One will be for taking pictures as its primary function, and the other will be for listening to music. I might get a third one to play games, but meh, we'll see.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=netman;887860]i'm enthusiastic about an all-purpose device of any description

anyone who isn't probably owns a ****ing handbag anyway

Front-left pocket: Mp3
Front-right pocket: phone
Back-right pocket: wallet
Back-left pocket: keys
Backpack: DS

A DS is really too big to go in your pockets, and anything that can is too small to game on.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: A DS is really too big to go in your pockets, and anything that can is too small to game on.

orly?

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Protodude/orly1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Protodude/orly2.jpg[/IMG]

Front-left pocket: iPod
Front-right pocket: USB Flash Drive, Coins, and sometimes a pen or DS
Back-right pocket: Wallet
Back-left pocket: nothing

I keep my keys on my belt loop, and my phone (with which I took the pictures) on a belt holster

Hopefully they don't make this new DS any bigger though.

Posted by Klarth

dude protoman your legs are really nice

Yeah, most non-nerds don't want a huge DS-shaped bulge in their pants.

Quoted post: Hopefully they don't make this new DS any bigger though.

Because that's how Nintendo works right?

Posted by Shade

What kind of faggots carry their DS around with them everywhere anyway?

front-right: phone
front-left: keys
back-left: wallet

Posted by ExoXile

Left Pocket - Snus Tin
Right Pocket - Keys, which are fastened in the keychain which leads back to my wallet in my right back pocket.
Lower-Right Phone Pocket - Phone, duh.
Lower-Left Pocket - Cocktail/Tooth Sticks/Picks.
Right Back-Poket - Wallet.
Left Back-Pocket - Nothing, however occasionally, a snus tin.

I've got 3-4 more pockets which are unused unless I'm working.

You guys carry way too much ****. Music player and wallet. That's it.

Posted by Shade

No phone?

Posted by junior senior

do want

Ugh, no. Can't stand cellphones.

Posted by WillisGreeny

me either. I still carry one around though.

If you don't like it I don't see the reason to have one. If someone needs to get a hold of me they can leave a message on my home phone.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I keep it around just for emergencies. Most of the time it's turned off.

Can't imagine an emergency where I'd need it. Not like I'm going to get beat up or shot or something, so the only likely emergency is a car accident, and since people have to stay at the scene of an accident anyways, and they all have cellphones, no need!

Posted by Shade

Can't live without my textan

Posted by Fate

If they turned the DS into a cheap and functional PDA-type thing I wouldn't mind.

Posted by ExoXile

Phone is my music player.

Quoted post: If they turned the DS into a cheap and functional PDA-type thing I wouldn't mind.

Should've done that ages ago.

Posted by Fate

At least with an easy-to-use internet browser with potential for security add-ons (like access to a router) or a service card. I don't need another music player (I've got four iPods in my home already, and my boyfriend's phone plays music). I already have a cell phone, and I don't need a super-PDA for GPS functionality or anything like that.

My perfect side peripheral would be like this: notepad, internet, portability.

Posted by WillisGreeny

My perfect side peripheral: Internet, GPS, 9 mil.

Quoted post: My perfect side peripheral would be like this: notepad, internet, portability.

I always figured a notepad was a given. They have pictochat built in so I was just waiting for a notepad application. How that never came around I'll never know.

Posted by Fate

Better than carrying around a stupid paper notebook. Seriously, I only need basic functionality. If I wanted a usable GPS navigator, I'd pay for a phone that has it or better yet, buy a a GPS. Nowadays I can't access the internet on anything unless I buy a laptop or huuuuge phone. I don't want to talk on my GPS, thanks.

Plus, it's Nintendo. They'd likely keep it simple and basic anyways. GPS is too fancy. Internet is more than doable and should be obvious at this point. Notepad should be a given. Camera, I could totally see that, since the GB Camera came out ****ing years ago. Those three things are fairly basic and appeal to the new Nintendo audience, so if those aren't included I'll be surprised.

Posted by Alastor

DSi confirmed.

[quote]It eschews the GBA slot (boo!) in favour of a range of improvements. The handheld's screens have been enlarged, and will now be 17% bigger (at 3.25 inches) than those found on the DS Lite. As for the rumoured additions, both have proven to be correct, with "audio enhancements" made to the handheld, while it will also now include a 3 megapixel camera.

The Nintendo DSi can adjust pitch and playback, making it ideal for language study and listening to music. What's more, the DSi features an SD memory card slot, making it possible to take pictures with the DSi and then view them on the Nintendo Wii. The DSi features a built-in browers, and its possible to download games and keep them on the DSi. There is a DSi Shop, which users can download DSiWare from as well. Pricing categories for the DSiWare are: Free, 200 points, 500 points and "Premium" or 800 points. Customers will get 1000 free points to spend at the DSi Shop that are good until March 2010.

The portable is dated for November 1st in Japan and priced at

It looks the exact same just with a camera.

Anyways, the improvements aren't that amazing. I like the downloading aspect, but we'll see what it has to offer. And I'm really surprised they got rid of the GBA slot.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That's actually shocking.

Posted by ExoXile

I'm not, really.
All the talk about the DS not being a "GB."

Also, hittin' that.

Posted by Alastor

Don't play GBA games enough to miss the port, so if I've got money to burn, I might pick one of these up after some hands-on time. Bigger screens and better sound are big pluses for me. I actually care about the camera now that I know it's 3 megapixels and it has an SD slot, too.

Posted by Ant

I still have a phat, so I'll probably get this one. And I have an SP, so I can use that for GBA games.

I figured they'd keep it for the games that actually use it for tilt, rumble or for accessories.

Quoted post: actually care about the camera now that I know it's 3 megapixels and it has an SD slot, too.

That's .3-megapixel.

Big difference.

Also, both screens are touch screen. Suddenly, I'm considering it.

Posted by ExoXile

Megapixels has nothing to do with the actual quality of the photo.
Just the size.

Really hope it's a good camera.

It won't be. Though I find a .3 megapixel camera an odd choice. It'd be a perfect choice if it didn't use an SD card, but that's a fairly small resolution if you want to print it or view it on something other than the DS. Would've thought it would be a 1 megapixel camera at least.

Posted by Ant

keep that **** on the cheap homey.

and both being touch screen seems interesting. not sure what all they plan on doing with it, but hopefully some games in the future will work some cool ideas out.

Posted by Alastor

Mixed feelings about dual touch.

If EBA 2 is finally confirmed but it uses two touch screens I'll ****ing kill someone.

Quoted post: keep that **** on the cheap homey.

1 megapixel cameras were perfected ages ago. They're pretty dang cheap.

And there's a problem with making games that use dual touch screens. Nintendo doesn't plan to make the DSI a replacement, so that would greatly fracture the market. Can't see too many developers that would want to sell to the smaller base.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;888635]It won't be. Though I find a .3 megapixel camera an odd choice. It'd be a perfect choice if it didn't use an SD card, but that's a fairly small resolution if you want to print it or view it on something other than the DS. Would've thought it would be a 1 megapixel camera at least.
It's over 500x500.
More than enough for a photo.

But certainly, .3 is a bit odd.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's VGA resolution, probably couldn't do much more of they're intended to be used in games. They don't need a large resolution because no one in their right mind would use anything but a standalone camera for good pictures anyway.

Totally called the DSWare service last year.

Posted by Alastor

Going to hold off and see if anything worthwhile comes of dual touch screens or DSiWare.

Plus I just remembered that my phone was a 1.3 megapixel camera.

...And a microSD slot.

Posted by Klarth

Wait, it has two cameras? Pretty cool.

One for the inside one for the outside. Sounds pretty redundant, but whatever.

Posted by Klarth

Nah; it means the front-facing one can be used in-game. Which is neat.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoted post: It eschews the GBA slot (boo!) in favour of a range of improvements.

AH HA!!! I KNEW IT! See it seems a pattern now that every third iteration of a same console, SOMETHING disappears. Albiet I can only use GBmicro as an example.... that's where I got my pattern to predict.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The GBA slot won't go. Guitar Hero is too big a game.

LOL

And remember my answer was:

Quoting Proto Man: I think Vamp is right though. In fact, that would render the rumble pack and memory packs useless. Unless they decided to build those in.

Now... I know I didn't specifically mention the browser, but that's what I meant by the memory back because that's what the browser uses. Now the browser is built in. I hope they make it better than the junk version of opera they are trying to pawn off on us. We need something with flash.

Now... what about the rumble? = \ Maybe Nintendo decided to ditch the rumble accessory. Heck wasn't Metroid Prime Hunters the only game that used that?

Anyways, DSi seems to be a little bit better than GBmicro was, but I still don't know about buying one, cept maybe for the download store.

Quoting ExoXile: It's over 500x500.
More than enough for a photo.

But certainly, .3 is a bit odd.

You know, I could care less about the camera at this point. Unless maybe they come out with a web chat program or something. My phone has a 2 Megapixel camera in it (as you have seen).

Quoting Alastor]Mixed feelings about dual touch.

[QUOTE=Vampiro V. Empire:
Also, both screens are touch screen.

Where did you get that from? It's only one touch screen guys. From all the articles I have read, the only improvement mentioned about the screens were that they are going to be slightly larger.

Posted by WillisGreeny

17% bigger to be exact.

Posted by Speedfreak

There are two, I'm guessing, so you can take a picture of someone else in front of you and take a picture of your OWN face while still looking at the screen, seeing exactly what is in the frame. A lot of mobile phones do it.

The memory pack IS useless because only the browser required it, which is now built-in. A rumble pack on a handheld is stupid in general as it kills battery life.

Anyone comparing this to the GBMicro should immediately punch themselves in the face for missing the implications of the DSWare service, the SD card slot, the browser and the camera.

Posted by Proto Man

[quote=Speedfreak]A rumble pack on a handheld is stupid in general as it kills battery life.

Good point, and like I said, few games use it.

[quote=Speedfreak]Anyone comparing this to the GBMicro should immediately punch themselves in the face for missing the implications of the DSWare service, the SD card slot, the browser and the camera.

*punches self hard in the face*

What I meant when I compared the two is that for being a third iteration, the GBm was a crippled sales ploy. It was supposed the be better though because the GBmicro had "the brightest screen ever". It was crippled because they took out backwards compatability with the previous gen GB games, and was just too tiny. It was a non-factor.

I agree though, DSi is better than GBm in that aspect. The DSi is anything but crippled, but they did sans the GBA port. If I do indeed buy this, I will probably trade my fat DS to get it, and then buy a new backlit GBA SP or something.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Proto Man: Where did you get that from?

vampiro is always right

Posted by ExoXile

MEGAPIXELS DO NOT DECIDE WHETHER YOUR CAMERA IS GOOD OR NOT, JEEZ.

Sorry about that, just felt like some people didn't get that.
Everyone else disregard that. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

I like how everyone pretends they actually print off a lot of photos using anything but a decent standalone camera, or at least think their mobile phone camera is anything approaching decent.

Posted by Shade

My verdict: Not worth getting.

But then again, that's what I said about the lite =/

[quote=Proto Man]Where did you get that from?

If you would actually look at the article, you would see a picture of the stylus being used on the top screen.

Posted by Alastor

Print? No, never.

But cameras are ****ing expensive.

Posted by Shade

No more expensive than the DSi.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Alastor: vampiro is always right

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire]The GBA slot won't go. Guitar Hero is too big a game.

No one is ALWAYS right.

[QUOTE=Speedfreak: I like how everyone pretends they actually print off a lot of photos using anything but a decent standalone camera, or at least think their mobile phone camera is anything approaching decent.

Most mobile phones don't have anything above 1.5 megapixel or have good resolution. I've never tried it yet, but I bet I could print off decent pictures with my phone.

Quoting Shade:
If you would actually look at the article, you would see a picture of the stylus being used on the top screen.

I don't think that's the top screen. It's really hard to tell though, because they are zoomed in. However, there are multiple articles saying that they are NOT both touch screens, just the bottom.

Quoting Shade: No more expensive than the DSi.

Agreed. You can get GOOD point and shoot camera's for $100 or less.

Posted by Fate

hey guys

remember when people kept *****ing about the psp's bells and whistles

Posted by Ant

no

Hey, remember when the PSP came out before this was standard with every device on the market?

Though I don't remember that anyways.

And yeah, no dual touch screen apparently. Various sources were reporting it including engadget.

Posted by ExoXile

Dual touch screen would be kind of bothersome.

Eh, not really. Not that much different than using the bottom screen. Plus, I could see it used to games that have you hold it like a book. But it totally makes sense why it's not actually in there, as I said in a previous comment. So good thing.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;888893][COLOR=skyblue]hey guys

remember when people kept *****ing about the psp's bells and whistles[/COLOR]

We bitched about the battery life, the UMDs and it being a terrible music player. I seriously doubt Nintendo intends to push this as a decent standalone music player like Sony did with their "Walkman of the future" rhetoric, the editing features will probably serve some obscure purpose.

The PSPs ability to download demos and games was/is pretty awesome! Likewise, we're just interested in what this means for DS games, we all have better mp3 players and cameras.

Oh yeah, now I remember bashing the PSP. Haha, UMDs...

But yeah, seems more like Nintendo is adding this stuff with a more fun spin, rather than something serious and meant to replace your ipod.

Posted by Slade

I don't think these have been posted yet...

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsi_side1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsl_side1.jpg[/IMG]

DSi/DSL comparison
[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsi1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsl1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by ExoXile

It's pretty sexy.
IMO.

Posted by Linko_16

Is that the real thing? Why is the camera put on the bottom?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so they can release a fourth iteration of the DS with all the **** fixed except they introduce a brand new flaw so you'll buy the fifth iteration

basic nintendo handheld design, come on

Posted by ExoXile

It's Lite and DSi comparison...

Posted by Slade

I thought that might cause some confusion. SEE, NINTENDO? THEY DON'T LOOK DIFFERENT ENOUGH

note added

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Slade;889122]SEE, NINTENDO? THEY DON'T LOOK DIFFERENT ENOUGH

And yet, they'll still sell millions.

Posted by Shade

The DSi is bigger than the Lite? **** that.

Posted by Slade

As far as I can tell, it's longer, thinner, and lighter.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Shade: The DSi is bigger than the Lite? **** that.

It's wider, but not as thick. So it's sort of a trade off there. Not a big deal.

It's not the size that counts, guys. :cookie:

Posted by junior senior

where do you turn it on/off? i hope it's not like the original one :\

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

bottom left corner now

which seems pretty dumb. handheld power switches shouldn't be on the same face as the input buttons you'll be using all the time. thought they learned that with the DS phat

Posted by Ant

I never had an issue with that. :/ Maybe cause I'm not a moron.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, me neither.

But it's still pretty stupid when you could just have something more user-friendly like the side slider on the Lite.

Posted by Alastor

I really dig the blue power light for some reason.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, the thing would look pretty snazzy if it didn't look so ugly from the outside.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

huh? that tiny lens bothers you?

It's like a beauty mark. Some people dig it, some people don't.

Quoted post: Is that the real thing? Why is the camera put on the bottom?

Because there's a speaker right under it and a screen right beside it.

Anyways, the off switch being inside isn't a big deal. Like all off switches these days you likely have to hold it for 2 seconds.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Like all off switches these days you likely have to hold it for 2 seconds.

I'm not sure it sticks out like the Start and Select buttons do, to boot. I think it's flat.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;889210]Yeah, me neither.

But it's still pretty stupid when you could just have something more user-friendly like the side slider on the Lite.

And you treat me like a retard when I say the 360 blades are poorly designed? Fuck you, man!

At least this power button is considerably harder to press with your thumb, though.

Wait, the slider was easy to press on accident?

Though, lol at the user-friendly comment.

Posted by Klarth

Hey, apparently the inside camera is VGA (640 x 480) and they haven't announced the outside camera's resolution yet. Fingers crossed.

Oh, that was the inside camera? Makes sense then.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't know what "bottom camera" you guys are talking about. All I see is one right in the middle and one on the other side of the flip lid.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The X: huh? that tiny lens bothers you?

Looks huuuuge in my eyes. Also hate how the L and R buttons are raised above when it's closed. ****ing ugly.

Posted by ExoXile

We're getting the DSi way before you guise, lol.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Shade: Looks huuuuge in my eyes. Also hate how the L and R buttons are raised above when it's closed. ****ing ugly.

once again, you have absolutely no taste

go back to 1985

Posted by Shade

that post just strengthens my opinion that you are in fact, blind.

Quoted post: I don't know what "bottom camera" you guys are talking about. All I see is one right in the middle and one on the other side of the flip lid.

bottom of the top lid, towards the corner.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Slade: I don't think these have been posted yet...

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsi_side1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsl_side1.jpg[/IMG]

DSi/DSL comparison
[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsi1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/dsl1.jpg[/IMG]

I cant really see the texture on the white one, but the black one looks like it has a sort of fuzzy feel to it. I hope so because I hate finger prints on my DS.

If it is fuzzy then I'm getting the black one.

Posted by Alastor

It's not glossy, if that's what you're getting at.

Posted by #061402

in b4 iPSP

Posted by Alastor

PSPi*

Has to be a suffix. Otherwise, Apple.

Posted by #061402

You never know these days.

Posted by Slade

DSi software is region-locked

Quoted post: Nintendo has issued a statement to CVG to clarify the confusion over the region-based restrictions on the new DSi.

"DSi software (software that is only compatible with DSi) is region locked, eg: European DSi software can only be played on European DSi consoles," a Nintendo spokesperson has told CVG.

They confirmed that this means BOTH download-able games and future DSi-only cartridge-based games would be region locked.

"Nintendo DS software however is region free so you can play any DS software on DSi from any region. You can also browse the Internet on your DSi wherever you are in the world and exchange your photos with friends from around the world."

This follows a statement from NOA exec VP Cammie Dunanway saying: "I believe that just as you can currently buy a DS in Japan and use it here in the U.S., that you should be able to do that with DSi," as we reported this morning.

Nintendo went on to explain to CVG: "DSi is region locked because DSi embeds net communication functionality within itself and we are intending to provide net services specifically tailored for each region. Also because we are including parental control functionality for Nintendo DSi and each region has its unique age limit made by different independent."

So there you go - DSi-only titles will be locked. Standard DS software won't be. But how many of the DS' future games will be DSi-only? That's the next question...

source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198728

This is taken from the Fall Conference and has a TON of info about the DSi. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, myself.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2008fall/presen/e/index.html

Posted by Shade

DSi games!? Region-locking!?

WHAT THE ****, NINTENDO

Posted by WillisGreeny

Chriiiiist I hate that ****. I'll be living in Japan for 6 months with no DSi...BULL ****. And no, I'm not going to buy two. I changed my mind.

Eh, regular ds games are fine, and I have a feeling that's the formate the vast majority of good games will be released on. Kinda sucks about downloadable software, but whatever.

Posted by O.T.L

SSB DSI

Posted by Alastor

Suddenly, less interest.

Posted by Shade

If anything I now how a forced interest. What if the mythical Golden Sun 3 is released on DSi only software? Can't take the chance.

Posted by Alastor

What use would a game like Golden Sun have with a camera?

Posted by Shade

I don't know.

I just... don't know. But knowing Nintendo they'll probably just eventually release every new game as DSi.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Alastor: What use would a game like Golden Sun have with a camera?

Customized enemy faces.

Posted by junior senior

i like this :)

Posted by ExoXile

First successful thread I've ever made.

Posted by Slade

Quoting #061402: Customized enemy faces.

OH NO! ALEX IS BACK! AND HE'S GOT A NEW ALLY... DICKFACE??!

I think the coolest way to use the camera in games would be "take pictures of certain patterns to generate _________"

Posted by Shade

[quote]O.T.L agrees: Dick face!!! zomg! lol

dear lord, I hope you fit a serial killer's criteria.

Posted by Speedfreak

The music playback on the DSi isn't mp3, so it's not intended as a music player. It's strictly for screwing around with. So I guess we really should be thinking about this and the camera as two new inputs akin to the touch screen and microphone and how they'll be used in games. I thought it was awfully out of place for Nintendo to pull a PSP on us.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: The music playback on the DSi isn't mp3, so it's not intended as a music player. It's strictly for screwing around with. So I guess we really should be thinking about this and the camera as two new inputs akin to the touch screen and microphone and how they'll be used in games. I thought it was awfully out of place for Nintendo to pull a PSP on us.

AAC is a superior format anyways. Probably isn't MP3 because Nintendo didn't want to have to pay licensing for it, so then that keeps costs down.

What do you mean by "pull a PSP on us" though?

Become a movie player, music player, etc.

jeez, you sure are dumb

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Become a movie player, music player, etc.

jeez, you sure are dumb

Oh, well they tried pulling that with the GBA SP. You could get the PlayYan for music/movies, and you could also watch those GBA cartridges. Heck, you could do the same with our current DS'. So it's not really anything new.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GBA SP was not well known for being able to play a couple of anime series on carts what the **** man

Yeah... that's not really the same. It's not built-in functionality.

Posted by Speedfreak

The Nintendo cycle:

1) Nintendo releases information about a crazy addon/console/peripheral. Everyone is horrified, compares to Virtual Boy.

2) Nintendo releases more information about games that take advantage of new hardware. People look on with cautious optimism.

3) Nintendo releases hardware to massive success. 2 years later and it's industry standard, we don't know how we lived without it. Go to 1.

It's like the reverse of the Sonic cycle.

Posted by Ambellina

wait, so how exactly will the music player work? I mean I know it'll play music but what kind? :/

Posted by WillisGreeny

I suppose you'r meaning to ask what formats the DSi will support.

[quote=Venturebeat.com]
It can play music in the AAC format. (Note: it doesn’t play MP3 format songs).

[URL="http://venturebeat.com/2008/10/02/nintendo-shows-more-details-on-new-dsi-handheld-game-device/"]Source[/URL]

Posted by Slade

http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13429_nintendo-dsi-one-more-video.html

It's not all that great of a video, but at least it shows a little bit of the camera. *puts cat ears and whiskers on you~*

Posted by K1nS

I saw this last week and thought it seemed like a good idea

Posted by Synth2012

I'm not that impressed... my phone has a camera (which I never use anyway). My iPod plays music. Big deal.

This is how Nintendo gets to be a money making machine. Getting us to buy the same thing not once, but 2, 3 times.

Posted by WillisGreeny

This was my reaction to the news:
[youtube=R9iisBZtV3s&feature=related]R9iisBZtV3s&feature=related[/youtube]

Posted by Proto Man

DSi is coming to North America April the 5th at a price of $169.99

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10166611-1.html

Darn you Nintendo for releasing it AFTER my tax return. :mad:

should be 120 bucks. max

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i might need to buy one of these. my DSLite got a cracked hinge about two weeks ago and now it wont lock into place when i open it. ****ing rage when playing chrono trigger and the screen just closes over by itself

can't you send that to Nintendo?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i probably could

would i get the same one back or a brand new one? cause they probably dont have any gold triforce DSs left

I'm guessing a new one. But I have no clue. Is it even possible to replace the hinge?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

probably not

SIGH

call Nintendo, tell them you hinge is cracked and you have one of those triforce DSes. See if they can replace it with a new identical one and if they can't ask for a rebate.

Posted by junior senior

should i get this even tho i dont play my ds anymore
y/n

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: should be 120 bucks. max

I agree. Hopefully GameStop decides to have a decent trade in deal that includes original fat DS.

Quoting The X: i might need to buy one of these. my DSLite got a cracked hinge about two weeks ago and now it wont lock into place when i open it. ****ing rage when playing chrono trigger and the screen just closes over by itself

I dunno. If you can afford it, I'd say get the DSi.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I'm guessing a new one. But I have no clue. Is it even possible to replace the hinge?

I think it depends on how bad the damage is.

Quoting junior senior: should i get this even tho i dont play my ds anymore
y/n

I'd say not, unless you want to play the new DSi only games.

Posted by junior senior

can i play tetris ds still

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting junior senior: can i play tetris ds still

Well yeah, it's still a DS. You can play everything your old DS does except GameBoy Advance games, as there is no slot for that anymore.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

do R4s still work

Posted by Proto Man

Probably not, I read that Nintendo is locking a bunch of that stuff out this time around.

http://www.thegamereviews.com/story-2271-Nintendo-Blocks-Flash-Cards-on-DSi.html

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/9121-nintendo-dsi-defeats-flash-storage-devices-/

Posted by maian

It also takes SD cards though, which will probably make Homebrew easier for a lot of people.

...I could be wrong though. I know absolutely nothing about Homebrew, but I'm just assuming that since it takes standard SD cards, it should be easier to mod for them crazy modders. :cookie:

Anyway, I unfortunately can't really see any good reason to buy with. I feel like DSi exclusive games will probably make use of the camera in gimmicky ways, and everything else it can do, my phone and MP3 players can do better. Honestly, a music player that DOESN'T play MP3s? Awesome, Nintendo. The only real reason I would get it would be for awesome homebrew/emulation if it becomes capable of that, but I can also get a PSP for about the same price that can already do that better, guaranteed. And in widescreen. >_>

Posted by junior senior

k will buy

Posted by WillisGreeny

Must...Be...Able...To...Play...Emulated...Games.....GUAH!!!

Bigger screens, and more ram: that's really my only motivation to buy the DSi as of now, which really isn't enough. Just going to have to wait on the exclusives (which I highly doubt ALL use the camera) before I reconsider.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Iron Koala;930154]more ramwhy the hell would this be a motivation to buy a DSi, not like you're ever playing new super mario bros and think 'wow i'm getting some sluggish fps here'

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting The X: why the hell would this be a motivation to buy a DSi, not like you're ever playing new super mario bros and think 'wow i'm getting some sluggish fps here'

You have a point when you look at it that way. However, the beefier specs also allow the DSi to have the DSi Store, which is the main reason I am interested in it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what can you buy from the DSi store

more horribly overpriced 'retro' titles you could play on vNES in-browser java emulators i presume

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting The X: what can you buy from the DSi store

more horribly overpriced 'retro' titles you could play on vNES in-browser java emulators i presume

Actually, as far as I know there aren't going to be any retro titles. It looks like it is going to be more like the Wii-Ware store, where you buy the smaller (and inde) titles. Would be awesome if they released MM9 on it. Though retro titles would be nice.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

indie titles are almost unanimously terrible

Posted by Speedfreak

Not any more so than actual retail games, to be honest. Especially considering that they're usually free.

Posted by Proto Man

Here's a video that was released.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/345/C16984/

Of course they don't talk more about the DSi Store, and elaborate more on all the superfluous functions.

What I wonder (and they didn't mention this either) is did they make Pictochat internet capable finally? That actually would be kind of cool.

Posted by Vyse

Quoting Slade: If it ends up being a really cool model, I can see myself getting it after I put some more wear on my Lite.

Only functions I care about:
- improved audio/backlight/stuff like that
- improved wireless
- keep the headphone jack the way it is
- keep GBA functionality
- make it look and feel better (duh)
- maybe add some easy customization

But if it looks good enough I'd be willing to sacrifice the GBA slot.

STFU gba slot rules i play FFT on it

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Proto Man;930367]What I wonder (and they didn't mention this either) is did they make Pictochat internet capable finally? That actually would be kind of cool.msn and most other im clients already have drawing tools mang

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=The X;930214]why the hell would this be a motivation to buy a DSi, not like you're ever playing new super mario bros and think 'wow i'm getting some sluggish fps here'

motivation being possible future games using it; and not the dumb camera games. But hey, if you're too stupid to see I mentioned the ram not being enough to make me want to buy it, then ok.

Posted by Slade

Hopefully the DSi will eventually have a totally sick homebrew Quake II. kshhh blam blam blam

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Iron Koala;930499]motivation being possible future games using it; and not the dumb camera games. But hey, if you're too stupid to see I mentioned the ram not being enough to make me want to buy it, then ok.there will never be DS games that are taxing on RAM to the point that only DSi players can play them. that is a freakin stupid business strat

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

there's, like, a billion DSs already out there in the world... would you really pass up a billion potential sales...

Posted by Ant

I was thinking of getting one since I still have the old fatty ds.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=The X;930529]there will never be DS games that are taxing on RAM to the point that only DSi players can play them. that is a freakin stupid business strat

How so? Sounds to me like it's in Nintendo's best interest to make some exclusive games as an incentive to buy the DSi. No, the stupid business decision would be for Nintendo to not take advantage of the RAM.

Once again, I'm not buying it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=The X;930530]there's, like, a billion DSs already out there in the world... would you really pass up a billion potential sales...

ofcourse, since a million almost-certain sales through specialized marketing to a certain demographic is better than a billion potential sales that are all being competed for by everyone.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if only Nintendo uses the RAM, and a few ****ty 3rd party games.

Anythings possible.

My DS has a crack in the hinge. Not sure if I knew this already or not but when X mentioned it and I thought to check it out. Huh. Still opens and closes like it's brand new so whatever.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I still have the chubby DS. Not worth it to get a new one anytime soon.

Posted by Ant

you're not worth it to get a new one soon OHHHHHHHHHHH

zing!

Posted by pkt

DSi still needs get a few more downloads before I'd consider it.

Quoted post: I still have the chubby DS. Not worth it to get a new one anytime soon.

the lite is totally worth it. the ds fat's screens are way ugly.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you can actually put a lite in your pocket and your hands dont start to ache, w00t

I remember when I used to play Prime Hunters on that ****. Thought my wrist bone was going to break in half.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hahaha, oh man. i also used to argue that touch control for FPS was the next step. lol

I think the touch controls work super well. The screen just needs to be ******

lol bigger

Yeah, I do sit it down to play sometimes...might get the new one eventually but I rarely play my DS as it is.

Posted by Apathetic

The thing that annoys me is there is no gba port. I mean I do have 2 sps but wtf. Hopefully Ill get it though, haha, if I can somehow make my parents pay.

Posted by junior senior

should i preorder this and get 20% off the price?

if you plan on getting it, yeah totally.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Apathetic;931962]The thing that annoys me is there is no gba port. I mean I do have 2 sps but wtf. Hopefully Ill get it though, haha, if I can somehow make my parents pay.

You actually still regularly play GBA games? And you have 2 SPs, you say?

Why not just use the SPs when you want to play a GBA game, then? Hurr.

Posted by junior senior

k preordered lol

Quoted post: You actually still regularly play GBA games? And you have 2 SPs, you say?

Why not just use the SPs when you want to play a GBA game, then? Hurr.

Yeah, GBA games are long dead. Though DS games still use the GBA port though, so idk

Posted by maian

I'm still trying to find out why this thing is appealing to people. I think whatever isn't a step backwards is just really tacky.

I don't see the appeal... but I don't see how it's tacky either. It's a logical progression.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it'll appeal to kids who are too young to own an iphone or another multi-purpose media device

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

although my 11 year old cousin has an iphone, ****in raged

Posted by Ant

I'm getting it because I never had a DS Lite. So compared to the DS Phat it's a pretty big step up. And I still have a GBASP so I don't care if it has a GBA slot or not.

The DSphat to the lite is a huge jump in terms of quality anyways. so it's totally worth it.

also, what kid doesn't have an ipod/phone these days.

Posted by junior senior

well my white ds is having sticky L and R keys...and it's white..you can't find those colors anymore..so i wanna save it and get a cute lil blue dsi

Posted by maian

It's a logical choice if you only own DS Fat, for sure. Even so though, I think the $60 price difference between the Lite/DSi would still be a pretty big temptation to go with the Lite, which is a fantastic product.

[quote=Vamp]I don't see the appeal... but I don't see how it's tacky either. It's a logical progression.

idk. I think this late in the system's lifetime, the "logical progression" should instead be invested in developing the DS' successor. Yes, it's pretty obvious that there's a ton of reasons that they don't need to do this, such as the DS' ridiculous sells charts, as well as great support. BUT, I also think a successor will at least be revealed within the next year or two, so I'd rather have them throw their time and resources at that, instead of releasing a new DS that's kind of an improvement but not really.

...Also, I wouldn't call most of DSi's features "progression." That's not to say that they're bad, but come on now. The cameras, at first, sound like a cool feature to have, but then you learn that they're pretty much crappy no matter what, and are intended only for DS software that'll make gimmicky uses out of them. Photo editing will be fun for about ten minutes, and don't get me started on the music player; it's a complete joke. Chances are, 95% of the people who own a DSi will already own a music player of some kind that's far superior, and I think it's safe to say that most no one over the age of 12 will use the DSi if they don't. And for the young people who do want to use it, they'll have a fun time either converting or finding music that's in the completely obscure format that Nintendo's using.

And sure. The Channel/Wifi/Wii-esque menu is a great progression, and yes, the ability to do different multimedia things with an SD card is nice too, but that comes at the expense at the GBA slot. That wouldn't be too bad if the slot were only used for GBA games, since the GBA is about dead, but there's going to be a decent amount of DS games that lose their soul because of reliance on a GBA slot for a peripheral. That being said, it's kind of lame anyway, because everyone I know that owns a DS still plays GBA games on it.

Anyway, I think I've ranted on way too long. It's not bad, it's just...unnecessary, and hardly feels like progression to me.

Posted by junior senior

im getting it for $10 more than the ds lite

dude, the cameras are good.
[IMG]http://www.vooks.net/images/dsi_CameraTest1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.vooks.net/images/dsi_CameraTest2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.vooks.net/images/dsi_CameraTest3.jpg[/IMG]

it's a video game system, not a canon rebel

Posted by coromoro

I'm in the same position as Ant here. I never got the DS Lite, so I'll go with this one now. I've also got a GBA SP, so I'm not worried about the removal of the GBA slot on the DSi.

Quoted post: idk. I think this late in the system's lifetime, the "logical progression" should instead be invested in developing the DS' successor. Yes, it's pretty obvious that there's a ton of reasons that they don't need to do this, such as the DS' ridiculous sells charts, as well as great support. BUT, I also think a successor will at least be revealed within the next year or two, so I'd rather have them throw their time and resources at that, instead of releasing a new DS that's kind of an improvement but not really.

You can guarantee they're already working on the DS2 and the Wii2. they've done this with every handheld and they've always got the predecessor out no problem. It's just a way to keep the DS in the forefront of peoples' minds and stimulate sales.

Quoted post: ...Also, I wouldn't call most of DSi's features "progression." That's not to say that they're bad, but come on now. The cameras, at first, sound like a cool feature to have, but then you learn that they're pretty much crappy no matter what, and are intended only for DS software that'll make gimmicky uses out of them. Photo editing will be fun for about ten minutes, and don't get me started on the music player; it's a complete joke. Chances are, 95% of the people who own a DSi will already own a music player of some kind that's far superior, and I think it's safe to say that most no one over the age of 12 will use the DSi if they don't. And for the young people who do want to use it, they'll have a fun time either converting or finding music that's in the completely obscure format that Nintendo's using.

The quality of the cameras are apparently much better than you'd expect. megapixels means next to nothing in terms of the quality of the shot. As for the rest, well, that's why it's an optional buy. It's the next progression for those who want it, and since the GB camera a camera in the unit was bound to come around. And ****, I had a ton of fun with that thing.

Posted by riolumaster

it comes out tommorow. i have a regular DS, not the DSi. looks cool.

DSi- name for the new kind of DS.

Posted by junior senior

no ****

Posted by junior senior

i got it

its p. bad ***

Posted by Ant

I really like Warioware Snapped. It's stupid easy but the sillyness of it all makes it quite fun. And the ending snapshots are hilarious to watch when it's all said and done.

Posted by junior senior

how is that game?

Posted by Ant

fun. for 500 points I'd say it's worth it.

Posted by junior senior

are there many levels like smooth moves or no

Posted by Ant

not really no. there's like 20ish. it's only 5 bux what do you expect?

I expect a lot from 5 or 10 dollar games to tell you the truth.

Posted by Ant

sounds reasonable to me.

Like Bionic Commando and GeoWars and various other DLC games. Cheap, but a lot of content.

Posted by junior senior

idk ill wait for other things

took some cute pics tho lol

Posted by riolumaster

it would be awsome if they made a wii like that

Posted by Nataki

DSi sounds pretty neat, with the camera and online interactive, but they didn't need to take away the GBA slot! I have about 20 gba games and play them all the time...but I guess it doesn't matter, i can play the one of my other DS or on my gba sp.
I think that the DSi is just a remake of the dslite, so I think they should have never made the ds lite or improve the dsi with way more features so that it will actually be a "new" thing instead of an uneccessary remake. If I didn't already have a dslite, I would buy it without question, but I have a white ds lite and a blue and black ds lite, along with an original ds and a gba sp.

Posted by Ant

lol posting on dsi while sitting infront of my computer.

Posted by junior senior

lol i do that all the time lol

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Nataki: DSi sounds pretty neat, with the camera and online interactive, but they didn't need to take away the GBA slot! I have about 20 gba games and play them all the time...but I guess it doesn't matter, i can play the one of my other DS or on my gba sp.
I think that the DSi is just a remake of the dslite, so I think they should have never made the ds lite or improve the dsi with way more features so that it will actually be a "new" thing instead of an uneccessary remake. If I didn't already have a dslite, I would buy it without question, but I have a white ds lite and a blue and black ds lite, along with an original ds and a gba sp.

it's not the same thing. at all. yes, it can play the DS games, but that doesn't mean it's a remake. The DS Lite and original DS can play GameBoy Advance games. REMAKE OF THE GBA RIGHT??

you're spoiled.

Posted by Last Fog

Oh cool another DS with features found on every other portal device in the known universe.

TOTALLY WORTH IT

Posted by junior senior

yep. everything has two cameras.

Posted by Last Fog

Wait wait wait... two cameras? Oh the possibilities.

Posted by junior senior

get lost, fag

Posted by Crazy K

js, buy me a new DS.

Posted by junior senior

never

Posted by Colonel

i just went out and dropped 300 dollars on a DSi and GTA china town wars.....im lovin it

Posted by riolumaster

my old DS broke last night, so my mom is getting me a DSi.

Posted by junior senior

LMFAO YOU'RE 9

Posted by riolumaster

IM GETTING IT TOMMOROW! ILL HAVE FUN WITH DSi!!!!!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Got my DSi on launch day. It's pretty cool, especially since I only had the original design of the DS. The brighter, bigger screens and improved speakers are great. They should have included the GameBoy Camera game set, though. Those were fun. Hopefully they'll get some good downloadable games on this thing, soon.

Posted by junior senior

what's color, paul?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Black. It's usually the color system I get if there are options. I like to have gold versions though, if they become available. Dark green would have been nice, too.

Posted by junior senior

blue's prettier

Posted by Colonel

Blues for people with vageenas, so for you the boot fits.....I got black aswell I think red would be swell on a DSi.

Posted by junior senior

its a nice blue

Posted by Colonel

for me to poop on.

Posted by junior senior

no its nice

Posted by Colonel

yeah....for me to poop on.

No srsly all jokes aside, the blue is pretty cool but I'd probably get the beats at school everyday.

Posted by junior senior

its not what you think

if my wireless worked I would get one of these so fast.

Posted by junior senior

no neighbors?

Nah. I only get one signal and it's hella far away. Even if I drive up and down the street I get maybe three signals total.

Posted by junior senior

get one of the adapter things off tha internet and install it in your pc

**** that. Those things cost more than a wireless router.

Posted by junior senior

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-USB-Wifi-Wi-Fi-Connector-for-Nintendo-DS-Lite-Wii_W0QQitemZ120406681421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item120406681421&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50
rly

Can get a wireless router for ten bucks at work.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what makes it so attractive with wireless? the dsiware?

Posted by junior senior

that and how fast the page loads int he browser

the wireless is always on

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i would get one but then i'd have to get a new flashcard, **** that

yeah, internet browser. wouldn't have to turn my computer on to post.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: i would get one but then i'd have to get a new flashcard, **** that

what? you mean sd card? *** forbid you spent $10 on a card!!

lol and how it cant play mp3 files, you can easily convert it in itunes to AAC format.

acc is a ****ing joke. but yeah, sd cards are crazy cheap. 4 gigs for under 20 bucks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i mean like a cycloDS or something that works on DSi

well excuse me

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: acc is a ****ing joke. but yeah, sd cards are crazy cheap. 4 gigs for under 20 bucks.

select songs you want on dsi, right click, convert into aac format

yay

acc is still a joke of a format.

Posted by Ant

it's not really that funny of a joke :(

no, it isn't. it's a sad joke.

Posted by maian

eh

I might get one of these if they develop a flashcard that can play the DSi only games that will eventually take over the DS' library. Games like Spirit Tracks are going to be "DSi Enhanced", working on previous DS', then they're going to have DSi exclusive games. Since neither has come out yet, I've read that there's no way to know if current DSi compatible flashcards would even be able to play the new formats, whatever they may be. So once a flashcard is made that can play any DSi/DS game, I might be sold.

still the possibility of firmware updates that destroy flashcards is a scary prospect :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you're a pussy faggot

Posted by Ant

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: you're a pussy faggot

ha. I have that set as my left taunt on brawl. "PUSSY FAGGOT ^~^" to be exact.

Posted by junior senior

maian what are you talking about
they play all games retard
except guitar hero but who plays that?