Megaman 9 Achievements

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, what's everyone's achievment scores, and what the **** was Capcom thinking?

Mine's at 22% right now, and I think it's going to stay there because I SUCK.

I wonder how anti-social a guy has to be inorder to get the achievements for never getting hit, or never missing... That's some depressing **** to master.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

mega man 9's out on XBL?

or is this some kind of pseudo-wii achievements

Posted by WillisGreeny

They are the achievements MM9 keeps track of. They mean nothing because noone can see them online.

Basically psuedo-wii achievements.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

stupid wii online

Posted by #061402

Actually, I could probably see myself liking that kind of achievement. Time-consuming and frustrating as hell, yes, but then you could feel proud.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

but then you realize they could have came up with creative ones instead of HOW MANY TIMES CAN U PLAY OUR GAME KEKE

Posted by #061402

Well, yes, I didn't say I thought it was a great achievement. Just one that could be fun.

Posted by bazariah

i think i found the easiest way to get the 999 screws

i go to plug mans stage, and theres like tubes which generate enemies at the start.. allways seems to be thee enemies on screen from the 1st tube.. anyways i just activate the jewel satalite, and then just stand there and do whatever else i want.. seems to be every second enemy holds a screw unless im being realy lucky).. this technique also gains me 9 lives :D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Are the achievements same on every platform?

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Are the achievements same on every platform?

i believe so, the challenges list i saw online was for the wii.. yet the xbox 360 version (which i have) has the same challenges, also some of the 360 version in game challenges account for gamerscore and xbox live achievements

Posted by Dexter

Those are activities we tried to accomplish back in the NES days. I believe I did beat a few of the games without ever dying. Never missing a shot, however, would be madness.

Posted by Linko_16

I for one am flattered.

Posted by Breakman

i've had like 90-ish percent since a couple days after it came out (i'm a fag ok)

right now i have 98%, the only one i'm missing is mr. perfect and i have a save file at wily's fortress without having been hit a single time. i've gotten to wily 4 several times without getting hit but then some numbnut like plug man or wily's 3rd form always gets me, though i've watched videos to deal with the last boss enough i think i may be able to get it soon

Posted by Linko_16

So, I've been wondering, can you save your game in the middle of Wily's castle? I don't remember being able to, and I have no interest in trying to play through all four (five?) levels trying not to get hit ever. I'll take it one level at a time, but that **** is too much.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no

Posted by Breakman

no, you can't save beyond having beaten the 8 masters (and going back through stages, getting screws, buying new stuff and saving again, and stuff like that)

it actually gets pretty easy to get to wily 4 without taking a hit once you play the game enough times to really memorize the enemy placements and boss strategies, and know places to stock up on weapon energy so you can abuse stuff like jewel satellite/black hole bomb/tornado blow wherever you can in tough spots

wily 4, however, is another beast altogether; it took me enough tries to beat plug man's stage alone without getting hit; though i know all his patterns, his jumps are very random and his room layout makes it hard to not get hit at least once. magma man likes to be a cheapass and do something i didn't expect, too, even though i can far more often beat him without getting hit.

but man, you add concrete man, tornado man and every other 'randomly acting' master that could potentially screw you over, fighting them all at once.. THEN wily.. oh ****.

Posted by Linko_16

That's why I'm not bothering. **** how easy it is, I'm not going through all four stages again because I accidentally messed up. Waste of time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

what has next-gen done to you, mighty linko?

Posted by Dexter

Turncoat! Remove your 8-bit avatar at once!

Posted by Linko_16

1. My avatar is not in eight bits.
2. Bite me. :metool: