cartoons now retarded

Posted by psp

Nickelodean used to have the coolest shows like ren and stimpy, rockos modern life, invader zim, animaniacs and others. Now, they have retarded shows like spongebob, fairly odd parents, neds declassifies watever, zoey 101, and other gay crap. I wish they would bring bak the old shows instead of bringing more of these ones. Same with cartoon network. Wat ever happened to cow and chicken, dexters laboratory, i am weasel, and others?

Posted by Boner

Invader Zim was awesome. But, unless you can recall 'You Can't Do That on Television' or 'Mr. Wizard's World', then don't talk too much about 'how it used to be'.

Posted by bazariah

i know what you mean nick used to rule in the old days when they had the balls to feature rocko, ren and stimpy, rugrats and doug

then they sold doug to disney which became a pussified version

ren and stimpy lost it's edge, would've been ok if they didnt start marketing that one for kids

rugrat was special and funny, yet failed when they did the all grown up

and rocko, whatever happened to dear sweet rocko's modern life?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I have to agree there, they got rid of all those sweet shows and replaced them with gay ones like those featured on this new Teen Nick thing and on Saturdays. I can't stand amc of these. It seems like they have removed all of the classics and replaced them with shit. Lets all look at Romeo for a bit. WTF is up with this show? The kid makes enough money as a rapper and now he has his own show, but wait his shows sucks! It seems to me like it's hurting his reputaiton or whatever he has of it than increasing it. lets look at All That, another stupid show. It was excellent back in the day where they had the old crew, but this new one is just terrible. They try doing imitations of Good Burger and it sucks. Plus they took out Kenin and Kell, man that hsow was hillarious i used to love watching that. Now it's replaced with this Drake and Josh show which isn't even funmc to me. It seems as if Nickelodeon wants it's reputation of showing great shows to decrease so that everyone knows its shows suck. The only show I think that has made Nickelodeon worth watching is Spongebob, mainly because it's pointed towards all audiences and that in an article I recently read stated it's the most popular cartoon in the nation. But overall, Nick's status has declined since their new shows came in.

Posted by psp

I only like the old spongebob episodes, like the rockbottom one and the first one. The new ones pretty much suck and are completly retarded.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

anyone ever see the dexter's lab movie? that was sweet.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Heh, I used to watch "You can't do that on television".

Did you guys ever watch Double Dare and Salute your Shorts? Those are possibly the two funniest shows that they used to have...

Doug was awesome too. With the mouth-box music intro featuring a line that turned into everything... Great TV.

Mr. PSP you should probably watch some South Park. It's awesome. It's a bit more grown up, but still really good.

Posted by psp

I do watch south park, i cant wait until the new one tonight. King of the hill, Simpsons, South park, and the cartoons on adult swim are the only cartoons i watch now.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I actually like Fairly Odd Parents, but only because it reminds me of how stupid people actually are. I miss Rocko very much. And who was the moron that decided to make Spongebob, anyway? Morons. All morons.

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Did you guys ever watch Double Dare and Salute your Shorts? Those are possibly the two funniest shows that they used to have....

I remember Double Dare. It rocked.

As for Salute your Shorts, wasn't that a show where they were at summer camp or something? I miss that show.

In fact, I just remembered a couple of shows I miss:
Legends of the Hidden Temple - This show was great. I don't remember it too well, but I love it anyway.
Guts - I wanted to be on this show really bad when I was little.
The Adventures of Pete & Pete - Wierd. Just how Nickelodeon used to make shows. Now they just make stupid shows.

Posted by Jim Rome

MISTER WIZARD'S WORLD IS A CLASSIC

I never liked nick's cartoons outside of Ren and Stimpy and I think Danger Mouse was shown on there for a little bit, but I could be wrong about that. Tiny Toons and Animanics was good stuff that could be found on other channels as well. The past 5 to 7 years for cartoons have really sucked. Outside of the Bruce Timm DC stuff, good shows have been hard to find. You use to have your CLASSIC, AUTOBOT/DECEPTICON Transformers with none of this CALLING OUT YOUR ATTACK CRAP that the one's they show now have. G.I. Joe was a good show...but not that Extreme G.I. Joe oh the terror and you had your Thundercats, Ninja Turtles, and Robotech for your above average action shows...although Thundercats did have a few stinkers of shows. You had your quality Disney shows like Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck. THEN came along the mother load of cartoons with Batman: The Animated Series, a show that focused on top notch storytelling as much as the action, X-MEN, that featured probably the best storylines from that franchise, Spider-Man, Superman: The Animated Series, Beast Wars, which I think reached top quality levels towards the end of the series, YOU HAD THE TICK, C'MON GIVE ME A BREAK THE TICK DUNKS ALL errr
Then came the jap crap invasion and pokemon, and pukemon and dickimon, and craptacularmon took over the air waves and it never ever stopped. All the sudden every cartoon had to have kids in it DUELING or playing card or saying their ATTACKS oh god make it stop...and I'm leaving Dragon Ball Z out of this rant, just in case you were wondering because that's a whole other level of head pounding onto itself.
In those dark years, you had some gems like Batman Beyond. They tried Ultimate Spider-Man, which wasn't that bad. X-Men Evolution was slow to start and a I feel a bad concept, but it picked up at the end. The Justice League and Samuria Jack emerged as winners and a few other shows are bringing the quality nowadays, BUT STILL IT IS SANDWICHED AROUND TOO MUCH CRAP...for my tastes anyhow.

Edit: I forgot to mention Gargoyles too. That was one ambitious show right there that was full of quality even though it lost some luster after awhile. Very good concepts seen through till the end.

Posted by Axis

I always wondered what happened to some of my favorite shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, and a few other shows. I don't watch cartoons anymore because their just lame.

Quoting Dyers Eve: I always wondered what happened to some of my favorite shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, and a few other shows. I don't watch cartoons anymore because their just lame.

Courage is gone. I don't know why.

Ed Edd and Eddy is still on, with new episodes coming out every year or so. I watch it sometimes.

Posted by Echo

Ahh, I remember going to my grandpa's house when I lived in florida before we had cable so I could watch nick. I love Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, all of 'em. I really enjoyed Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple. And, like Dyers Eve said, Courage the Cowardly Dog was an amazing cartoon. It's the Twilight Zone of cartoons. And I really love The Twilight Zone. I also used to always watch the older Spider-Man series when I was younger, which the still show. I occasionally watch it nowadays, especially with my little brother, who loves Spider-Man. Ahhh, the nostalgia.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Okay, you guys, seriously, Courage, Dexter, Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd and Eddy aren't that old for cartoons.

But I guess they probably still hold some nostalgia for you all. Meh.

Hey, did anyone else ever watch Ahhhh!! Real Monsters?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Hey, did anyone else ever watch Ahhhh!! Real Monsters?

Oh hell yes. It's been forever though :cool:

[quote] Guts - I wanted to be on this show really bad when I was little.

God, so did I. I used to practice in my back yard :cool: There should be a Classic Nick channel with all the old shows - It'd be extremely successful.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the best cartoon to ever grace nick was some show, I think it was called "the lost city of gold" and I watched it like every morning at 5AM

oh yeah, and Wild and Crazy Kids > Guts

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Luckily DirectTV carries Nicktoons, an entire channel dedicated to Nickelodeon cartoons, old and new.[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

WHAT HAPPENED TO GARGOYLES.

But really, I don't bother watching most cartoons anymore. I just watch re-runs.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Angelwing: WHAT HAPPENED TO GARGOYLES.

But really, I don't bother watching most cartoons anymore. I just watch re-runs.

It's on Fox Family!

Anyway, the only way to be able watch amc of these old school shows is by watching the Nicktoons channel if your cable compamc provides it. So they have Rocko's Modern life and AHHH! Real Monsters as well as a few others. It's the only way of watching those old school shows unfortunately.

Quoting Hyper: God, so did I. I used to practice in my back yard :cool: There should be a Classic Nick channel with all the old shows - It'd be extremely successful.

You used to practice? I never went that far.

As for the channel, there already is one out... but you have to have digital cable to see it. They show mostly shows like AHHH! Real Monsters, Doug, and Rocko. (Was this question answered already?...)

On a side question, does anyone remember Nick Arcade? That show was awesome. It was another show I REALLY wanted to be on. That was back when I was five, though.

Quoting psp: I do watch south park, i cant wait until the new one tonight. King of the hill, Simpsons, South park, and the cartoons on adult swim are the only cartoons i watch now.

What about Family Guy? You cannot love cartoons unless you love Family Guy.

Posted by Crazy K

Well all I can say is that the whole world of Television is fucked up. There is to many Reality t.v. Shows and it sickens me. Nickelodean by far is bad now. With bad shows with bad actors. The cartoons on Nick are just becoming stale. I miss the old shows like the Rugrats, Rockos modern life, Incredible monsters etc.

Cartoon Network is also going into that direction. With stupid shows like Puffy ami whatever the hell its called. And other pure crap. But There are still tons of shows on there. But the things is, I barely watch Cartoons anymore. I remember my dad always saying stuff to be because I watch Cartoons at the age of 13 or somehting. Hey Its ok to have to kid in ya yet before i turn much older. Im turining 16 next year so yeah im getting old.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Crazy K: Well all I can say is that the whole world of Television is fucked up. There is to many Reality t.v. Shows and it sickens me. Nickelodean by far is bad now. With bad shows with bad actors. The cartoons on Nick are just becoming stale. I miss the old shows like the Rugrats, Rockos modern life, Incredible monsters etc.

Cartoon Network is also going into that direction. With stupid shows like Puffy ami whatever the hell its called. And other pure crap. But There are still tons of shows on there. But the things is, I barely watch Cartoons anymore. I remember my dad always saying stuff to be because I watch Cartoons at the age of 13 or somehting. Hey Its ok to have to kid in ya yet before i turn much older. Im turining 16 next year so yeah im getting old.

Cartoons are for everyone, it's just the taste of cartoons that interests people. Cartoons range from kiddy to adult so they're meant for all ages. It's just that Nick and CN have put on these shows that seem to degrade their reputation. It seems htat those stations are losing their luster and ability to air great shows. They are all being replaced with lame and boring cartoons. If they keep this up, people may just stop watching those channels all together.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Mystic Hero: Plus they took out Kenin and Kel

They stopped making new episodes, but it is still on. Everynight in fact.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Kirby: They stopped making new episodes, but it is still on. Everynight in fact.

I don't see it appear on Nick when I look at the schedule. Is it on another channel?

Posted by Kit

It's on that channel, 9:30pm, It may be just europe though.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Mystic Hero: It's on Fox Family!

Really? Awesome. I think it's still on Toon Disney as well, but I'm not entirely sure. I just watch my old tapes until I think they're going to fall apart. :(

Posted by Arczu

I still watch many cartoons because I look for redeeming qualities in them.

For example, take Dave the Barbarian. Supossedly, he's SUPPOSED to be a barbarian, yet he's a pathetic docile twit to some extent. And "Chuckles the Silly Piggy?"... wth? I gave it a chance and I found myself laughing every 3 minutes at the least. Probably because I like the slapstick/stupidity humor area. Shows like that are okay.

But I don't like it when a cartoons is hell-a-corny to the point where they just don't try anymore. Shows like Rocket Robin Hood were meant to be left in the dust somewhere. Then there is Zeroman (seriously, Z-E-R-O M-A-N).

Quoting Arczu]

I have to agree with you on this one. Dave the Barbarian is one of the few shows on Disney I like to and/or can stand to watch. However, I do greatly enjoy Recess, mainly because I watched it religiously when I was younger.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Angelwing: Really? Awesome. I think it's still on Toon Disney as well, but I'm not entirely sure. I just watch my old tapes until I think they're going to fall apart. :(

Toon Disney Features Jetix which, correct me if I'm wrong, was originally featured on Fox Family.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, and Doug used to be on Nickelodeon, and then was on Disney (and they made it lame), and now, it's on nothing at all.

Seriously, if they ever release Doug on DVD, I'm buying it.

Posted by posem_diest

Network television these days is just marketing more and more towards mindless slobs. Humanity as a whole is on a slow slide back into the gene pool, and wouldn't you know it if the network executives actually seem to be encouraging this self destruction? I like Cartoon Network, I really do, but I can't for the life of me understand the reason for this "Ed Ed & Eddy" show's existence. I can't see one appealing point to that cartoon, it's like a thirty minute infomercial about the ill effects of communal inbreeding. I mean, somebody explain to me again why this pile is still on the air, when Batman Beyond was terminated? It just hurts the brain to think about it. Ed Ed & Eddy is sure no Tom and Jerry, I can tell you that much.

Cartoon Network might bring the goods, but they're stale, moldy goods. I mean there's all kinds of inspired quality in Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Futurama, Family Guy, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, that Clone Wars cartoon series, Justice League, but they let festering piles like Ed Ed & Eddy stay? Hai Hai Puffy Ami Yumi, what in the name of Zardoz? So these two japanese people get their own cartoon? Why? Because they're japanese? Because they're people? Whatever the case, I know it isn't entertaining, and it certainly can't hold a candle to classics llike the ORIGINAL Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series. And I don't know anything about Nickelodeon, I haven't watched that channel in over a decade, since the glory days of David the Gnome AT THE VERY LEAST.

And here we have SPIKE TV, fresh off an image makeover into the FIRST NETWORK FOR MEN. SPIKE TV promises "fresh, original, contraversial programming," so they bring back the corpse of Pamela Anderson and give her a cartoon. Kelsey Grammar is also victimized in this ordeal and gets saddled with one of his own. And neither one of them are around to this day. I actually don't remember Gary the Rat being all that offensive, but Stripperella... man oh mighty, there could be college thesises written on Stripperella, COMPLETE WITH PARENTHETICAL DOCUMENTATION. Just remember, you want to talk about retarded cartoons, you will have to talk about Stripperella. And Pamela Anderson is getting ANOTHER television series gyarghargarg SOMEBODY JUST CLOSE THE COFFIN ON HER ALREADY SHE IS FINISHED IT IS OVER :grrr:

Posted by Bebop

I enjoy Spongbob and the occasional Fairly crap Parents but overall Nickelodeon has hit the pits. Ren and Stimpy pwns and Invader Zim was god. But crap lke Rugrats and minic depressed Doug shouldnt be praised.

Posted by Jim Rome

Forgot about the Adult Swim shows, but that's probably because their quality DAY IN AND DAY OUT is always top shelf. I mean they took Space Ghost and made him into a reason to stay up till ungodly hours and watch. lajfioe WHY ARE THERE SHOWS CALLED W.I.T.C.H. AND WINX AAAAAAH 9 AM AND NOT ONE GOOD CARTOON YET

wonder if one can still purchase that Tiny Toons MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN CARTOON game for the NES

Quoting Jim Rome: WHY ARE THERE SHOWS CALLED W.I.T.C.H. AND WINX AAAAAAH 9 AM AND NOT ONE GOOD CARTOON YET

There are some Saturday morning cartoons that I watch, such as One Piece, Sonic X, and Shaman King, mainly cause there is nothing else on. Other than that, nada.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Yeah, and Doug used to be on Nickelodeon, and then was on Disney (and they made it lame), and now, it's on nothing at all.

Seriously, if they ever release Doug on DVD, I'm buying it.

hell yeah, im so gonna buy it too if it ever gets released on DVD, and any of the other classic nick shows, but only if they sell them in complete seasons, i cant stand DVD'S ehen it's only an episode or 3 with zero extras

hey i have an extensive collection of old cartoon mp3's, if anybody wants some give me a tinkle

Posted by Trigger

I miss many of the shows that used to air freely on television here but seemed to move to cable television, then to thin air. I used to watch Ahh! Real Monsters every afternoon, along with The Trapdoor, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, Kenen and Kel the list of old shows is almost endless. I couldn't say much for Cartoon Network, as I usually hated every show they had to offer, excepting Dexters Lab and sometimes, Cow and Chicken.

My grandparents had to cancel their satellite television, since the only time it was used enough to be worth the cost was when I visited them on the holidays. Since my appartment does not allow the configuration of cable or satellite television, I'm without the possibility of seeing any of these shows again. Foxtel even offered the owners of the appartment block to do all the wiring at no cost, since I had expressed my keen-ness for the service.

The shows that have replaced the old, such as The Fairly OddParents and Spongebob Squarepants tend to favour in my liking, but that's about as far as the "new show" list extends. Plus, I get to see both of these shows on regular television, which is a plus for me at the moment.

For now, I have to settle with finding the old shows online to watch, but with a dial-up connection, obtaining them isn't exactly convenient for me.

Posted by 007 ninja

Am I the only one that remembers "Hey Dude" or "Guts"?

Posted by Crazy K

The thing is, I miss the classics, Now I dont watch Nick or CN anymore because of there pure crappy shows. I mean where is Dexters Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, etc.

I damn well wish I had the Boomerang channel instead of CN.

Nick is starting to turn into a station for teens. And they are not doing a great job. I do know some of the idiotic shows on that station because I have a little niece who watches cartoons all the time. I mean all these shows are pathetic. Shows that star a little sister of a pop star (Britney Spears) Also Lil Romeo. Come on can't you possibly think out better show ideas then giving these crappy actors a shot in the "Show Business"

It discusts me when I see all this new modern crappy shitty shows everywhere. Its not just Nick and CN its MTV, FOX, UPN (Definetally one crappy station, and I dont even have it), MTV 2 (dont ya think one MTV is enough. I mean should'nt a station thats called Music Television be all about Music and not about Reality t.v. and shit like that.), etc.

No wonder why this world is strung in on crap and people are getting more stupid.

I barely watch T.V. anymore. I still do but I barely watch Cartoons and I miss them good ol shows like Bugs bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tom and Jerry (One of the best) etc, etc.

Well All I got to say is that if CN and Nick is still crap I aint letting my kids watch any of it. Unless there are some of the older more cooler shows.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Unfortuately Crazy K, Dexter's Lab and the rest are only on at around 2 AM Eastern time. So you'll have to stay up pretty late to watch that stuff. It's all been replaced with this mindless garbage they call new and better cartoons. It seems like the only thing CN is good for is the shows they have on Adult Swim, that's it nothing else. And now Friday Cn got even more gay with these two fucktards trying to be funmc but they fail incrediably at it. CN brought me back when they had shows like Samurai Jack and Star wars Clone wars but now even those are gone. The cartoon channels have really taken a plumit in the shows they are airing now. The new Teen Nick deal seem slike a soap opera haven for teens to me, pure garbage. And I do agree with getting the Boomerang channel. Pure classics 24-7. Much better than watching mindless idiots like Edd Edd and what ever the hell it is do retarded stunts and be complete morons. It sadens me to see how those channels are suddenly taking a downhill turn as to what they show today. I fear whatnew catastrophic show they'll air next that'll degrade their reputation even more.:(

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

And I thought I was the only person who noticed cartoons are retarded. Other than the fact to entertain, cartoons suppose to have a moral value to it. Kids are becoming just as retarded as the shows they veiw.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Takuya Kanabara: And I thought I was the only person who noticed cartoons are retarded. Other than the fact to entertain, cartoons suppose to have a moral value to it. Kids are becoming just as retarded as the shows they veiw.

nah most cartoons are used as a vehicle to shill merchandise and action figures to small children

what we need is a return to the old styles, where the humour was the selling point

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Crazy K]Nick is starting to turn into a station for teens.
We are teens!

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Trigger:
I miss many of the shows that used to air freely on television here but seemed to move to cable television, then to thin air. I used to watch Ahh! Real Monsters every afternoon, along with The Trapdoor, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers...
I loved these shows TO BITS! Man, I wondered where they dissapeared to.

Most of the old cartoons are worth watching now because of a general undtanding of life and logic. How hard you laugh at a joke (or not...) or what you enjoy of a show is equivalent to the level of comprehension you have in life. It's really a mixed bag out there today. It is very hard to find a cartoon that hasn't been doused off with kid-appeal, yet still has enough containt that is doesn't drain you each time you dare watch it. Networks like Teletoon are in that stage. They show the Bugs Bunny and Tweety show, and I'm thankful for that.

I have a French Channel or 3, and these people know what we are talking about. They are showing a lot more of the old/ new-age cartoons then us Americans get to see. Even if it is in another language, I can still watch them (i.e. Family Guy/Futurama in French = ROFL-teh-Sox off!).

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'll list my favs:

David the Gnome, Dangermouse, Count Duckula, Battletoads, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Clariss Explains it All (not a cartoon, I know), TMNT, Garfield and Friends, that MC Hammer cartoon,

yo Baz, did you watch the Lost City of Gold or know what I'm talking about?

Posted by Axis

I've started watching the Fairly Oddparents lately, I like the humour in it.

Posted by ISelfAmputatedMyArm

how old are you guys anyways? you mean to tell me that you guys STILL watch Nickalodeon?

Posted by Aioros

Quoting ISelfAmputatedMyArm: how old are you guys anyways? you mean to tell me that you guys STILL watch Nickalodeon?

[COLOR=Yellow]*Speaks in Jedi voice*
The ignorance is strong with this one.
*Speaks in Jedi voice*[/COLOR]

Posted by SuperSoupy

There are a lot of cartoons and tv shows that have failed the test of time. I dont know if Johnny Bravo is still going but i love that, plus the 90's batman cartoons, they rocked (the older ones, not the newer ones with the simpler character models). Plus there was this cool cartoon called 'Shnookums and Meat'. Seth McFarleane waorked on that way before Family Guy.

As far as the live action scene goes, Kenan and Kel was Nickelodeon's pinnacle, they'll never replace that no matter how many Drakes and Joshes they come up with.

Ahhh old times.....

Posted by Crazy K

Damn the 90's Batman show was my favorite Cartoon ever. I used to watch that ever single day when I was a little kid. Damn if they made a DVD for that Im damn well going to buy it.

[Quote=Trigger]We are teens!

Yeah I know but Back in the day of the good "Nick" there was more kids shows then there were Teen type shows.

I do remember watching Clarissa Explains it all, and I do remember this one show, but I cant think of the name and it was like all these kids in camp and shit.

I remember spending a few nights at my nephus house and he was watching the Amanda show, I believe I was 14 or 13 at the time, My Nephu was cracking up like he was on some type of Weed for the first damn time. He was like 9 or 10 at the time. But I cant see how I could ever watch stuff like that. But there kids so they watch stuff like that.

It makes me think and go back to when I watched X-play on G4TV. I cant believe I used to laugh to the idiotic tards on that show.

But nowadays I think t.v. has gotten really bad. I mean who in the hell like to watch stuff like Extreme Makeover home edition when you could have a crappy house and diserve it much more. Im starting to think that Reality T.V. is starting to be fake more then ever. I mean its all made up ya know. I can see Extremem Makeover and Home Edition being real, but shows like The Real World, Survivor, and shit like that are just looking like there made up instead of reality t.v.

Really Im kinda glad that T.V. is starting to bore me, so that way I can go outside and do stuff, instead of watching T.V.

The only shows I basically watch are, WWE Raw and SD, Southpark, Family Guy, Simpsons whenever I feel up to it, and viva La Bam.

Punk'd is just a boring show, so Is damage control (All shows on MTV) Pimp my ride is also a pathetic piece of crap. I mean why in the hell would they make a DVD for that show, come on all they do if fix up these cars and all that, after you see an episode you dont seem to want to watch it twice. Really I'd rather waste my money on a fake autigraphed Picture or something then pay 20 bucks for a stupid DVD.

Im also getting quite tired of American Idol. Really 3 years is enough. My parents seem to love this show quite to much. Yeah there are people on there who sing good songs. But the only excitment I get off the show is when they start the show and all the contestants try out to get on the show.

Television is really getting boring. There is to much Crappy shows. MTV does not liv3e up to its name all the way, I mean if its called Music Television, should'nt be all about Music 24/7 368 days of the year. CN and Nick are just getting boring, I miss all the good old shows. Damnit I wish I had Boomerang. Reality T.V. is also getting quite anoying. Who cares about some guys getting a job with Donald Trump. The television World is just going to hell.

Well I think im going a little to far off topic.

Posted by Jim Rome

Quoting Crazy K: It makes me think and go back to when I watched X-play on G4TV. I cant believe I used to laugh to the idiotic tards on that show.

What? MEET THE SESS is high comedy. And any show with a disembodied voice deserves points.

And I believe season 1 and 2 possibly of Batman are out on DVD. Came out last year if I'm not mistaken.

Teen Titans is another new show that's winning me over along with that new THE Batman thing. TT is more fun/lighthearted and less full of itself most of the time than it's older brother JL, but it's starting to pack the same punch. C'mon, the thing with Meaty Meat and the SOURCE and taking all the cows hooked up to a Matrix type thing that's good stuff.

And the new THE Batman isn't bad...except for maybe those horrible "NEW AND IMPROVED" character models for the villians THE JOKER IS SOME SORT OF APE JAMAICAN AND THE PENGUIN CAN OUT FIGHT THE BATMAN IN HAND TO HAND WHAAAAAT IS GOING ON...also CN promoting it as all new when I just watched these shows like 6 months ago on the WB 4 JAaaaa I mean WB 4 KIDS

Posted by SuperSoupy

yea true.

i enjoyed batman of the future (or 'batman beyond' in america). It provided a cool alternative view of the batman universe, there was also a cool movie based around it too, with mark hamill as the joker, ace.

and 'pinky and the brain' from animaniacs, those two were cool.

Posted by Jim Rome

Mark Hamill always did do a killer Joker except towards the end of Gotham Knights, I think it was. When they redid the character designs and added Nightwing and the Tim Drake Robin...(It went Batman:TAS then Batman and Robin The New Adventures...then the character design changes around the time of Superman TAS and Gotham Knights was like a sub title AAAAAH should just look it up instead of trying to remember it all.) I remember him missing at least one show as the voice of the Joker...THE ONE DICK GRAYSON AKA ROBIN QUITS THE TEAM NO LUKE SKYWALKER FOR SUCH AN EPIC PLOT TURNING EVENT OMG errr

And true, almost any Batman animated movie has been great. Batman Beyond:Return of the Joker was very well done, especially that flashback NON EDITED flashback, I should say.

Mask of the Phantasm is still my favorite one and overall, probably ranking right behind/or tied with Transformers: The Movie as my favorite animated movie of all time.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting ISelfAmputatedMyArm: how old are you guys anyways? you mean to tell me that you guys STILL watch Nickalodeon?

Wow how close minded you are. It seems you think you have grown out of that "kiddy" stage haven't you? Well in case you think you're so grown up, there a millions of teens and adults that still watch Nick and CN.

Anyway, Idpn't know about you but some of the new cartoons are just getting a little too dumb for me. We have this new Batman show and to me Batman looks like some Asian guy. I much liked it when he didn't look so Asian. I'm one that favors the good old classic cartoons and I must say after watching The Batman I rather disliked it because of how they drew him and the villans. Joker is now seems even more insane then before. And I've picked up on a few really bad dialogue quotes form some of the new shows. Lets take Teen Titans, I was watching it one day while flipping through channels when I come accross that one episode where they are fighting a giant fire man. So then Robin comes out and says "didn't your mother ever teach you not to play with fire?" Wow, what a great fantastic line that was. But seriously, one liners like that tend to make lean in the direction of disliking the show. I mean what kind of line is that? It's as if he's acting like some sort of parent. Now last I remember super heroes were supposed to just beat the crap out of bad guys and not tell them the difference between what's good and what's bad until after they are in jail. that's just the way I like them. The good old fasion pwn your *** first and talk later. And some of the villans int here are horid. You TV wathcer guy, wow what the hell is he going to do to me, make me watch TV all day? I swear even cartoons are starting to get a little desperate with their villans these days and catchy one liners. It's all turning into garbage.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Jim Rome]What? MEET THE SESS is high comedy. And any show with a disembodied voice deserves points.

I have to disagree, Adam Sessler is a pure piece of crap though he is a much of a better actor on the show of X-play. Morgan Webb is a pure idiot with very very bad acting skills. Adam Sessler is not funny whatsoever, he makes him self look like a dumb *** rather then being a so called "Funny Guy".

Teen Titans does not really apeal to me like the good ol Batman series. I watched it a couple times but I got tired of it.

You are right Mystic Hero. The shows nowadays are just lacking everything. I mean where in the hell is the fun. I want something interesting. It is true it is all turning into garbage.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Its the typical american tv way isnt it? Their version of telling jokes on tv consists entirely on one liners, one liners, one liners. Its all that ever happens in shows like Friends (which is occasionally ok) and that stupid Everybody Loves Raymond (and no, everybody DOSENT love raymond! some of us think hes about as funny as that stuff you get inside airline chicken kievs).

The fun of an animated show is that you can do just about anything in it. You can stretch people, morph environments, etc. because they are all created. So much more types of comedy can be told through animation, so why bother with one liners?

In live action you can tell an actor to walk to a chair or something. But in a cartoon you have complete control on an 'actor' or character's movements, right up to the movement on their little finger. Its a shame some cartoons seem to neglect to realise this in today's shows.

Posted by Jim Rome

Teen Titans are more hits than misses. I think you should give it more of a chance because the good episodes can be right up there with anything when everything clicks. I agree, some of season 1's stuff and a few here and there since then have not been very good at all, but most of the one's that feature around Slade are well worth wading through the below average shows.

The new THE Batman, like I said, isn't bad. Certainly not anywhere close to what Bruce Timm did, I'm just happy that Batman has his own show again and if you can get pass the strange character designs, it is a nice little show that's got enough familiarity to it. Certainly you can not say you would rather watch spikey haired kids with eyes bigger than their face save the day would you? It is almost acutally like a good old fashioned action cartoon that raps everything up in 24 minutes.

And I like Sessler for what he is...playing a pathetic videogame playing loser whimpering in the corner...and Mooorgan Webb is pretty to look at so there you go...and why does your HATE for that show exist? Talk to posem_diest over there about being a well-payed idiot and he will tell you THEY DO NOT EXIST Aaaaaaa

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Jim Rome: Teen Titans are more hits than misses. I think you should give it more of a chance because the good episodes can be right up there with anything when everything clicks. I agree, some of season 1's stuff and a few here and there since then have not been very good at all, but most of the one's that feature around Slade are well worth wading through the below average shows.

The new THE Batman, like I said, isn't bad. Certainly not anywhere close to what Bruce Timm did, I'm just happy that Batman has his own show again and if you can get pass the strange character designs, it is a nice little show that's got enough familiarity to it. Certainly you can not say you would rather watch spikey haired kids with eyes bigger than their face save the day would you? It is almost acutally like a good old fashioned action cartoon that raps everything up in 24 minutes.

And I like Sessler for what he is...playing a pathetic videogame playing loser whimpering in the corner...and Mooorgan Webb is pretty to look at so there you go...and why does your HATE for that show exist? Talk to posem_diest over there about being a well-payed idiot and he will tell you THEY DO NOT EXIST Aaaaaaa

Oh come on, how can you possably stand to watch something so bad? Their one liners are more terrible than most I've heard and they draw Robin so out of proportion. Plus their cheap imitation of trying to be anime style makes the show even worse. And then there is that expression i can't stand: "Booyah!" Wtf is that? It's some stupid phrase that I hardly hear anyone use anymore. And like I said, their villans suck big time. You have this guy that trys to hurt people with a TV remote, you have this demonic magician of some sort, and then there is that really old guy that plays mind tricks on you. Wow, some really interesting villans. They are all crap! Seriously, waht I think is that this show is far from being good for my taste.

One more thing, X-Play just plain sucks. They rate vidoe games either too high or too low. they give Custom Robo a 3/5 when it should deserve a 1/5. I don't know what they gave SSBM if they ever rated that but whatever it's worth that should be a 5/5. Then you have that Sessler how ever you spell his name guy. He is this nerdy little geek that spends his time locked up in his room playing video games 24-7, or at least that's what I get from it. And he bad mouths some great games out there and says that some of the cruddy ones are worth the buy. I just can't stand that show.

Posted by Jim Rome

You sound like another jaded internet wannabe critic TURN AWAY FROM YOUR PATH OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE http://www.livejournal.com/users/rspwfaq/ A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH ITSELF. YOUR DAYS WILL BE SPENT RANTING THAT SUPERMAN'S BOOTS ARE A DIFFERENT SHADE OF COLOR IN ONE SINGLE FRAME THEN IN THE OTHERS

The lines are fine. It's a cartoon not some shakespeare play. OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND HAVE SOME FUN I mean it's not like Episode II level of scripts or anything whooops

And almost all villians are crap. Look at Superman's gallery and Batman's. A PLANT WOMAN, A DOLL, AND A PUPPET OH THAT'S PURE GENIUS but they work just fine too because like Titans, there's always a big baddie hanging around like Darkseid for Superman, Ra's and Joker for Batman, and Slade for TT (not putting them on that level, just saying)

And hating X-Play for their ratings...it's just numbers they attach on to their reviews. You should be thankful for having a long lasting show that features videogames and still has a b-show type feeling about it and hasn't gone fully professional like say..I don't know MTV or SPORTSCENTER or something.

Posted by Crazy K

The only thing I like about X-play is the games it self. They cant rate games worth a ****. For goodness sakes they gave WWE Smackdown Here Comes the pain (By far the best wrestling game ever) a 4/5 when it really diserved a 5/5.

Also WWE Smackdown VS Raw diserved a 5/5 aswell.

Secondly I dont like people who have their own shows who can't act whatsoever. Yeah Morgan is a pretty gal but she is a bad actor on that show. Thats why I hate all of G4 tech tv. Everyone on that station act like dip ****s who think their funny. Yeah maybe all the people who are so called "Geeks" (No offense to anyone who are geeky type people) would watch G4 but I rarely watch it anymore.

But yeah G4 is not the point of this topic so I will go back to cartoons.

What we need is for all these guys who did shows like Dexter's Laboratory, Cow And Chicken, Rocko's Modern life, Rugrats etc etc. to make new shows with their smart abilities. Perhaps a new season of Rocko's Modern Life would be great.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Jim Rome: You sound like another jaded internet wannabe critic TURN AWAY FROM YOUR PATH OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE http://www.livejournal.com/users/rspwfaq/ A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH ITSELF. YOUR DAYS WILL BE SPENT RANTING THAT SUPERMAN'S BOOTS ARE A DIFFERENT SHADE OF COLOR IN ONE SINGLE FRAME THEN IN THE OTHERS

The lines are fine. It's a cartoon not some shakespeare play. OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND HAVE SOME FUN I mean it's not like Episode II level of scripts or anything whooops

And almost all villians are crap. Look at Superman's gallery and Batman's. A PLANT WOMAN, A DOLL, AND A PUPPET OH THAT'S PURE GENIUS but they work just fine too because like Titans, there's always a big baddie hanging around like Darkseid for Superman, Ra's and Joker for Batman, and Slade for TT (not putting them on that level, just saying)

And hating X-Play for their ratings...it's just numbers they attach on to their reviews. You should be thankful for having a long lasting show that features videogames and still has a b-show type feeling about it and hasn't gone fully professional like say..I don't know MTV or SPORTSCENTER or something.

No, the lines are worse than normal. I can pick out bad dialogue form good. Now let me just say that some cartoon dialogue isn't pure genius, but this one it just aweful. "Hasn't your mother ever told you not to play with fire?" Wow, what a great line. And who the hell has a bttle cry? "Titans go!" Lame. i don't remember amc of the super heroes ever having battle cries to make themselves look cool.

And X-Play just doens't dish out bad ratings, it's also got a bunch of clowns and idiots on the show like Sessler. This guy has no life what so ever. He goes home and plays video games all day and then criticizes them on how bad they were. Then you have this bimbo girl that trys to act funmc like the nerdy guy but fails terribly. I find it even worse than Judgement day.

Oh and Crazy K, Rugrats is no All Grown Up, a show even worse than rugrats I find it to be. Rocko's artist did Cat Dog but they got rid of that too. And Dexter's Lab artist now does that Jenmc XJ9 robot show that I find bad as well. I think he even does Foster's Home because the art seems similar to me. The only one that I like out of his new batch of cartoons is Billy and Mandy. That show is hillarious.

Posted by Crazy K

Billy and Mandy is a good show too. I did also like Cat Dog for a wile. I did find All grown up to be ok but not any close to the rugrats.

Posted by Jim Rome

uuhh...ever heard of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE? thunder THUNDER...THUNDER CATS HOOOOOOOOOO...and even SPOOOOOOOOOOOON...or GO JOE AND YO JOE. You know I could on and on HOW ABOUT TRANSFORM AND ROOOOLL OUT

You're giving me the same reasons for bad dialogue. Even Batman has lame one's every now and then. It's superhero stuff so things like "don't play with fire" goes with the terrority.

Posted by posem_diest

Alright. Teen Titans is a cartoon based on a comic book, believe it or not, and comics usually tend to be... corny. I mean you have Spiderman on one hand who has to have a witty reparte comeback for everything, and then you have Wolverine on the other what with his I AM THE BEST AT WHAT I DO like he thinks he is Captain America or something. Comic books, to a certain extent, are corny. It is the nature of the beast.

With that said, Teen Titans is a quality effort. Yeah, it's no DBZ if that's what you're wanting, but actually I consider that a good thing. The battle cry is no worse than the "call out your attacks while you do them" mindset of any number of animes. The dialogue isn't that good, true, but it's no worse than that of video games such as, say, KINGDOM HEARTS. I mean if you can watch Teen Titans and truly believe that you are wasting your time... then I don't know what to say. The show could very well be on the level of Yu-Gi-Oh and YOU BETTER BE THANKING YOUR LUCKY STARS THAT IT'S NOT.

And speaking of quality animation, I've since seen the new Duck Dodgers cartoon, and I must say... I am impressed. Those people seem to know how to actually construct and carry out a storyline, something that the Ed Edd & Eddy have yet to grasp. But then again it IS Warner Brothers, I shouldn't be so surprised.

Static Shock, though, now there is one cartoon that I don't see much worth in. Even Batman and the Joker both can't do much for that show.

Posted by SuperSoupy

haha DBZ, thats another show thats gone downhill these days.

it used to be cool, drawing out really long stroylines and sagas.

i watched an episode recently. In it 2 enemies stared at each other all thru, while goten and trunks pi***ed around for a bit, and that was it! episode over!

what a load of dribble

Posted by Sterling

Quoting Hyper:

There should be a Classic Nick channel with all the old shows - It'd be extremely successful.

There is with comcast cable it's channel 220 they have rocko and wild thornberrys and those other old shows they also have the gay ones but....

And for double dare and sports nick sh[b][/b]it is channel 224

Posted by Jim Rome

People calling Rocko and Wild Thornberrys old shows...
YOU HEAR THAT, POSEM DIEST...OLD SHOWS BY GAWD what are our shows called now? Ancients? Dust of Eons? Pre-Historic Wrinkled Rear-End Dinosaurs? Whaaaat is causing this!?!?

Posted by Dagoth Ur

I really dont like that they've canceled show like Ren and Stimpy. They're the greatest.. 'sniff'

Posted by Average n00b

Yeah, the old Cartoons on Nick and Cartoonnetwork were gold, but now, there is hardly any humor, in the new cartoons, they're trying too hard, or they're just not trying to be funny. I miss Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern life, Cow and Chicken, Ren and Stimpy, the only show I'm glad to see that got cancelled was Doug. The new cartoons/shows on Nick and Cartoonnetwork such as...
Zoey101
Neds Classification to blah blah blah
the new Spongebob Episodes, up to the 2nd Season they sucked
Chalk Zone
On Nick, this is the worst, My Dad's A RockStar
Winx club
Totally Spies
Teen Titans, I have to admit, some episodes are decent, but most of them are just plain crap
HiHiPuffyAmiUmi
and much more, really suck.

Apparantly most of the good shows like Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim was cancelled because they were too "mature and viollent" for young veiwers, or kids tried to imitate what Gir did, or what Stimpy did or whatever. It's not the shows fault, it's the *** ****ed parents fault for letting their kids watch it.

Posted by Crazy K

Sponge Bob has allways sucked. There are way to many bad shows on t.v. nowadays.

But I want to say something on Sponge Bob Squarepants. The show really was quite gay. I hated it with a passion. I knew a lot of people in my school who like Sponge bob and I really thought that was pathetic. Anyways I hope someone brings back the old Cartoon shows on dvd.

The old batman cartoon show is now finally on DVD. :)

Posted by SuperSoupy

Yea the batman cartoon was ace.

I don't know why they cancelled Batman of the Future (or Beyond in the states), that was awesome. They even made a movie from it.

By the way what's with calling Wild Thornbery's an 'old' show, come on!
Ghostbusters, the older versions of Mutant Turtles and the early Transformers cartoon. THEY are old shows.

Get with the times man :P

Posted by Sterling

[QUOTE=Average n00b] The only show I'm glad to see that got cancelled was Doug. [QUOTE]

Posted by Jim Rome

Disney Family has smacked my memory again and reminded me of the great show of justice that is THE TICK. Now that was one great cartoon. Comedy Central picked this and The Critic up back in the day, and that's when I really got into it. (AAAAH just remembered that Dr. Katz show too) Good funny writing. I wish the live action show got more of a chance...

Also, Justice League Unlimited kicked all sorts of *** this season. I would really suggest watching it anyway you can, especially if you were a fan of Batman TAS and Superman TAS. I mean, the finale was basically a finale for Superman TAS since they never got to do one. AND then the bonus episode that was shown in Canada called Epilogue...GOOD LORD...I think that's coming to the states in about 3 weeks WATCH IT, especially if you were a fan of Batman Beyond...it is EPIC. HUGE EVEN. If you were a fan of Batman Beyond, you have to watch this one. Even if you weren't, Epilogue was suppose to be the series finale too before JLU got reupped for another season and this was Bruce Timm's send off of the animated DC universe..so it's got all sorts of goodies in it.

Posted by MetalVox~55

There are far too many long posts in this thread.

Invader Zim, Rocko, and Ren 'n' Stimpy rule the world.

Posted by Poco

Just to let you guys know:

TV Land shows old nicktoons from 1-3AM in the morning. Ren and Stimpy, rocko's Modern life, and AHHHH! Real Monsters. I hope that wasn't a one night thing. I saw these on friday night, at the indicated time.

Posted by El Capitan

It seems now that they just pump out alot crap on to the tv, I was watching WB33 on saturday morning, and I saw a new commercial for a cartoon about imaginary friends. I don't think they are trying nowadays.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Yeah cartoons today really suck. Cartoon Network used to show Tom and Jerry for an hour each day, and its disappeared. Tom and Jerry was awesome. Whats up with Nick putting all the crappy shows about some teenagers life on(case in point:Zoey 101, Ned's Decl...., and Unfabulous). They need to take Romeo off T.V., its 30 minutes(give or take a few minutes) of eye twitching crap. I loved Ren and Stimpy, Rocco, and Two Stupid Dogs(for some strange reason). Now all the funny, old cartoons are replaced with new crap cartoons that try to be edgy and fail. Enuff Said.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Chronic

Rockos modern life and ren and stimpy used to be my favorite shows but I havent seen them in years. I can still watch invader zim cuz its on one of those chanelles in the with the digital cable. I have dvr so I record every episode of Invader Zim.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: On a side question, does anyone remember Nick Arcade? That show was awesome. It was another show I REALLY wanted to be on. That was back when I was five, though.

Do I ever! "Nick Arcade" was the first time I remember seeing extensive game play footage on television. When the kids on the show tried the high scoring challenge, they would pick out a game and play it. The actual game was shown exactly how you would see it as if you were playing it on your own TV.
Seeing those first generation Neo*Geo games (when all I had was an NES) was a real treat.

As for the animated shows, "Ren & Stimpy" will always be Nickelodeon's greatest treasure. It was groundbreaking for it's time, as there was nothing else quite like it. Nothing else was as outrageous as what they did in that cartoon.

In the episode where Ren goes insane and says, "Oh my beloved ice cream bar. How I love to lick your creamy center" then proceeds to take huge bites out of a bar of soap, I knew I witnessing history in the making.

I haven't seen much of the newer stuff (I liked "Rocko" as well), but the original 'Ren & Stimpy' cartoons will always be major influence on my very questionable wellbeing.

Yes, there really are a lot of "long posts" on this topic and the topic itself is a few pages long (ahh... reading).

Posted by SuperSoupy

I just wish they'd stop making episodes of King Of The Hill and go back to making Beavis and Butthead again.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Opeth: Invader Zim was awesome. But, unless you can recall 'You Can't Do That on Television' or 'Mr. Wizard's World', then don't talk too much about 'how it used to be'.

Yeah dude! I used to get up at like 4AM just to watch Mr. Wizard's World! That was one of my favorite shows back then.

I agree with the all the new cartoons being so **** crappy. Spongebob is pretty good, but it's no Rocko or Ren & Stimpy.