Why Obama will Lose

Posted by demung

When Benjamin Franklin was dispatched to France as ambassador of the United States in 1776, he won the hearts of the French through his authenticity. Rather than take on an affected and phony continental style, Franklin eschewed the powdered wig of the European gentleman and donned the fur cap of an American frontiersman. Original genius and polymath, Franklin understood that the French would see through any false pretension but respect an authenticity that sprang from an unpretentious and naive love of country.

What a contrast there is between Franklin and Barack Obama. Obama is a Harvard lawyer who is a mile wide and an inch deep. He is only the latest in a long line of shallow elites that consider it stylish and intellectual to despise their own culture and heritage.

Nothing exemplifies Obama’s antipathy for American culture better than his statement that Americans “cling to” religion and guns out of frustration or bitterness. We only can suppose that Obama regards religion or firearms as aberrations that need to be eradicated.

Of course, both guns and religion are essential aspects of American culture. The United States was founded by people seeking religious freedom. Does the word “Pilgrim” ring a bell with anyone? Our freedom and the right to self-government were won by farmers with guns.

The American Revolution started when the British marched to Concord with the intention of confiscating colonial arms. Both the right to “keep and bear arms,” and the right to “free exercise” of religion are enshrined in the Bill of Rights. We have come a long way when the presidential nominee of a major political party regards the exercise of fundamental rights as a mental aberration.

When Obama refers to “my Muslim faith,” the verbal gaffe resonates as a Freudian slip because of Obama’s thinly veiled hatred for this country’s unique culture and institutions. Obama sat for 20 years in a church where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr preached “******* America.” He only resigned from the congregation when it became politically expedient to do so. When earlier this year, Michelle Obama said “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” can we conclude that her husband disagrees? Is it not remarkable that Michelle Obama can be so small-minded as to find nothing in the history of the United States that merits her admiration but the personal success of her husband?

What is Barack Obama for? His campaign motto is “change.” But even a 6-year-old child understands that “change” can be either good or bad. Lacking specifics, the invocation of “change” as policy is completely empty. As we witness Obama’s minions mindlessly endorse the meaningless maxim of “change,” it only can call to mind the barnyard animals in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” chanting “four legs good, two legs bad!”

The choice of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has been devastating for the Obama campaign precisely because she is everything Obama is not. Palin is not ashamed of her culture or country. She is not embarrassed by being an American, but naively embraces her birthright. Unassisted by affirmative action, Palin has risen to national prominence on the basis of her character, intelligence and natural gifts. In a word, she has guts. This is a woman who is proud of her country, not because it has granted her personal success, but because she respects what America stands for: freedom, opportunity, and individualism.

Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide.

edit: change thread title to "lose", excuse the typo.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting demung: What is Barack Obama for? His campaign motto is “change.” But even a 6-year-old child understands that “change” can be either good or bad. Lacking specifics, the invocation of “change” as policy is completely empty. As we witness Obama’s minions mindlessly endorse the meaningless maxim of “change,” it only can call to mind the barnyard animals in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” chanting “four legs good, two legs bad!”

This is just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure that when they talk about change, they mean the good kind. As in undoing the mess that George W made.

anyways, i don't really care, so try not to take this post too seriously.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

vote obama and you're voting for them muzzlem terrists to terrize our proud nation one under g[COLOR=Silver]od[/COLOR] guns guns guns

Posted by #061402

Barack Obama is exactly what America needs right now. He advocates peace rather than war, and most importantly, elimination of all nuclear weapons. America needs to leave behind their obsolete, isolationist ways and become one with the world they are, in fact, a part of.

Palin, for example, is probably the worst running mate imaginable. She alone would only make America look even more uncivilized, egoistic and trigger-happy. She wants to make abortion illegal in all cases, including rape and incest. Which is sickening, and would only lead to a great deal of pain. What sane woman would want to carry the child of a man who raped her? Not to mention condoms break, et cetera.

Now, I know America generally doesn't give a **** about what Europe thinks, but it's about **** time they change that. Barack wouldn't force America's views onto others, instead he'd try to reach a solution diplomatically, like any other civil country.

And, while religious freedom should be a given, it should not be forced onto anyone. Palin also opposes same-sex marriages, and wants to deny state health benefits to same-sex couples. This is prejudicial, immoral and violates human rights. Everyone has the right to love.

Obama is, by far, the best choice for America right now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

jesus gave me a mission and he said we must vote for the senile war veteran who lies a lot

praises

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting demung: When Benjamin Franklin was dispatched to France as ambassador of the United States in 1776, he won the hearts of the French through his authenticity. Rather than take on an affected and phony continental style, Franklin eschewed the powdered wig of the European gentleman and donned the fur cap of an American frontiersman. Original genius and polymath, Franklin understood that the French would see through any false pretension but respect an authenticity that sprang from an unpretentious and naive love of country.

Franklin was being a complete ****ing phony when he did that, you idiot. He was romanticizing the adventure of the new world to charm and intrigue Louis XVI. Being "genuine" would've meant coming like the sort of person he always is instead of dressing up like Davy Crockett.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

wow, the fundies are getting pretty desperate, what with sending their troll agents to video game chat boards to post their one rant and leave

Posted by mis0

Quoting demung: Palin is not ashamed of her culture or country. She is not embarrassed by being an American, but naively embraces her birthright. Unassisted by affirmative action, Palin has risen to national prominence on the basis of her character, intelligence and natural gifts. In a word, she has guts. This is a woman who is proud of her country, not because it has granted her personal success, but because she respects what America stands for: freedom, opportunity, and individualism.

She's nothing more than a typical corrupt Alaskan politician, and the fact that they're trying to prevent the proceedings of the TrooperGate investigation that was started by a REPUBLICAN panel simply confirms she's hiding something disgraceful.

McCain said it best himself with his "we let Washington change us" comment. Mr. Maverick was part of the Keating Five, and therefore no stranger to corruption himself.

[quote]Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide.
The polls demonstrate the opposite. McCain is by any measure clueless when it comes to the economy. Palin is completely unqualified to be president, and the fact that she won't give anything but the most scripted interview is evidence of that. They have to keep the media away from their little gimmick, lest the American people realize that's she's all image and no substance. That is, if they even get a chance to compare the two side-by-side, because McCain is trying to weasel his way out of the debate and push back the debate Biden-Palin debate by rescheduling.

It's pathetic.

Hopefully the American people will see through the Rovean tactics the McCain campaign gleefully employs, and the staggering incompetence that comprises the McCain/Palin ticket.

Posted by Lord of Spam

DONT FEED TROLLS

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I miss Huckabee and his groovy bass lines =(
And Chucky by his side

Posted by WillisGreeny

I miss Bill.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: DONT FEED TROLLS

You can't troll with one post, buddy. It's clearly just a copy/paste of an email or something, but I don't care anymore. Neocon bull**** has my blood boiling this year.

Posted by Fate

Someone needs to watch more Daily Show and Colbert Repooooooooooooooooort!!!

Posted by Linkman

It's also that member, Oforia.

Posted by S

The guy who denies the Holocaust?

Oh yeah, him.

Posted by WillisGreeny

The Jews weren't killed, they just went on vacation with Elvis.

Posted by demung

Senator Barack Obama's acceptance speech last week seemed vastly different from the stands of [Denver]’s Invesco Stadium than it did to the 40 million who saw it on television. Melancholy hung like think smog over the reserved seats where I sat with Democratic Party staffers. The crowd, of course, cheered mechanically at the tag lines, flourished placards, and even rose for the obligatory wave around the stadium. But its mood was sour. The air carried the acrid smell of defeat, and the crowd took shallow breaths.

On television, Obama's spectacle might have looked like The Ten Commandments, but inside the stadium it felt like Night of the Living Dead. McCain doesn't have a tenth of Obama's synaptic fire-power, but he is a nasty old sailor who knows when to come about for a broadside. Given Obama's defensive, even wimpy selection of a running-mate, McCain's choice was obvious. He picked the available candidate most like himself: a maverick with impeccable reform credentials, a risk-seeking commercial fisherwoman and huntress married to a marathon snowmobile racer who carries a steelworkers union card. The Democratic order of battle was to tie McCain to the Bush administration and attack McCain by attacking Bush. With Palin on the ticket, McCain has re-emerged as the maverick he really is.

McCain has certified his authenticity for the voters. He's now the outsider, the reformer, the maverick, the war hero running next to the Alaskan amazon with a union steelworker spouse. Obama, who styled himself an agent of change, took his image for granted, and attempted to ensure himself victory by doing the cautious thing. He is trapped in a losing position, and there is nothing he can do to get out of it.

Posted by Iris

Banned for puppeting.

Posted by #061402

Is it from a newspaper or something? I have a hard time believing someone who chose the username "demung" could even write it so... bureaucratically.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, it's copied from someplace. "demung" is also mixman, oforia, and about 10 other retired/banned users.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I think this thread would be more interesting if it were titled, "If Obama Loses, This Will be Why."

I strongly believe that this year will have the largest turnout of voters in many years simply because of how important it really is. Everybody has noticed how bad the economy has gotten, everybody has noticed the huge amount of inflation, and I would hope everybody has noticed the employment rate slowly go down the tube, and it's time things got better before they get any worse. Our two choices for this presidency are, I'll admit, not very promising to the future of this country, but one man looks like he'll be able to help us through this recession, whereas the other... well, the other does not. The candidate I plan on choosing will be somebody who focuses more on fixing the real problems at hand that threaten our future and our lifestyle, none of which include stem cell research or abortion. I'm looking for a candidate who has a better plan for spending, taxes, the war (because it has cost way too much), and anything involving the all-powerful dollar.

If I could have that candidate on the ballot, if I could choose that person, I would gladly choose that man. Mr. William Jefferson Clinton would get my vote. You can't trust him, he's got weak morals and ethics - and he did one heck of a good job.

Sadly, he's not a valid choice, so it looks like my vote will be determined by the almighty coin flip.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (again) but William Jefferson Clinton did a ****ty job and is partially to blame for many of the problems today. Seriously.

Posted by Linko_16

But don't worry, the Republican that took up office right after him did great!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Funny, because most people who are actually involved in and know dick about politics would disagree. Not to mention he had a 68% approval rating right before he left office, which is the highest of any president at the end of their term since polling began. He balanced the budget, and he kept us out of war... What the hell else can you ask from a president?

And how can you blame Clinton for what's happening now when Clinton's plan was to LIMIT spending, not put hundreds of billions of dollars into a completely fruitless (thus far) war?

Posted by Kutlass

what most of America doesn't realize, especially those ignorant enough to support Palin is that "maverick" in this case could only mean a calf that has strayed from its mother. and Palin is likely to exhibit that very behavior once everyone gets to see through the aid of a vice presidential debate just how clueless and full of fluff she is, if she doesn't bolt before even showing up.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Skitzo Control: Funny, because most people who are actually involved in and know dick about politics would disagree. Not to mention he had a 68% approval rating right before he left office, which is the highest of any president at the end of their term since polling began. He balanced the budget, and he kept us out of war... What the hell else can you ask from a president?

And how can you blame Clinton for what's happening now when Clinton's plan was to LIMIT spending, not put hundreds of billions of dollars into a completely fruitless (thus far) war?

not everyone would agree. Clinton's approval of NAFTA royally screwed over textile manufacturers/workers across the country. You wouldn't know much about that, because you don't live in the South. My hometown lost all four textile plants, which moved to Mexico. It destroyed our modest economy and the town has since turned into a wasteland of crack heads and fast food restaurants. We hated it when Bush sr was in office and NAFTA was drafted, but Clinton essentially approved it unchanged. That ****ed us off.

Clinton opened up trade with China and made it much easier to trade with China. Ironic, since our embargoes on Iraq and Cuba continued par normal, yet China has more human rights violations every year than both of those countries combined. But hey, that's free trade and, along with Nafta, caters really well to corporations. Wait, that's not what democrats are supposed to do...
Clinton didn't really accomplish dick in the middle east. His roadmap peace brokering was a temporary solution, but did nothing in the long run. If every president got props for getting the arabs and jews to lay off eachother for a few months, then every president from the past 15 years onward would have a monument. No biggie there.

Clinton's answer to the Kosovo question was to bomb the everloving **** out of it, which led to further acts of violence against the ethnic albanians therein. When Bush does it he's an ***, but Clinton's aggressions go unmentioned in history. Weird.

Let us also not forget the failure to tame somalia. That invasion really accomplished dick. Now we've got islamic fundamentalists in Somalia fighting against the government, as well as somali pirates (lol) wreaking havoc for ukrainian ships carrying tanks. Good job there, slick.

Additionally, part of the economic boom during Clinton's tenure was a change in the Federal Reserve's policy regarding unemployment, as well as the stock market bubble that led to higher-income families owning stocks being able to spend more. Clinton can't claim anything in those two.
What he can brag about is NAFTA and the WTO expansions, which honestly prevented many Americans from enjoying the country's economic growth. Billiam's welfare reforms also cut food stamps and benefits for many who'd previously enjoyed welfare, essentially giving them a big middle finger. Then again, he'd been campaigning about "ending welfare" for the past 4 years, so I guess it wasn't a big surprise.

Clinton supported the invasion of Iraq, initially. I guess that made sense, given his constant bombings of Iraq over WMD worries, his changing the US's official policy to dealing with foreign dictators as "regime change" (Iraqi liberation Act), and that an estimated 500,000 children died in Iraq thanks to economic sanctions. But it's cool, those chinese are way more valuable to us than Iraqis.

everybody wants to pretend that Bill Clinton was so progressive and such a "good" president, but frankly, he was about as lousy as all the rest have been (except W, who's obviously the worst)

Posted by WillisGreeny

Hmm, I miss Bill a little less now.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it gets worse

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21138-2004Dec22.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Raines#Role_in_the_subprime_mortgage_crisis
http://ibdeditorial.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=306370789279709
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=36133

granted, the last one is a conservative site, so you can question its validity.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: it gets worse

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21138-2004Dec22.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Raines#Role_in_the_subprime_mortgage_crisis
http://ibdeditorial.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=306370789279709
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=36133

granted, the last one is a conservative site, so you can question its validity.

****it, they worked earlier today

Posted by Foppy D

The truth is is that anyone who is a true Democrat is a moron and has no value in the concept that hard work equals more money.

Obama won't win because he is the most inarticulate speaker when he's not reading off of notes or a telepromter. The only "change" he would bring is having a black president.

And it doesn't really matter what Palin wants as far as being pro-choice and her stance on gay marriage...doesn't even matter what McCain wants. Don't you kids realize that the only thing a president does is affect our relationship with other countries? Presidents will NEVER change the laws on gay marriage, abortion, gun control, etc...

Posted by #061402

Quoting Foppy D: Don't you kids realize that the only thing a president does is affect our relationship with other countries?

Then you should realize as well that the rest of the world wants change. The war is not exactly stirring up feelings of gratitude around the world, you know.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Relationships with other countries is pretty important these days!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Globalization please for 300

Posted by mis0

Quoting Foppy D: Don't you kids realize that the only thing a president does is affect our relationship with other countries?

If you actually believe that, you'd have to be an idiot to vote for McCain. His stance? "Diplomacy is for limp-wristed pinko commie faggots, my friends. We need to bomb bomb bomb Iran!" Former secretaries of state from both republican and democratic cabinets have recently said that, essentially, the Bush attitude towards the world isn't working. Everything I've heard from McCain indicates his desire to continue the wonderful policies of Dubya if he is elected.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Foppy D: The truth is is that anyone who is a true Democrat is a moron and has no value in the concept that hard work equals more money.

Obama won't win because he is the most inarticulate speaker when he's not reading off of notes or a telepromter. The only "change" he would bring is having a black president.

And it doesn't really matter what Palin wants as far as being pro-choice and her stance on gay marriage...doesn't even matter what McCain wants. Don't you kids realize that the only thing a president does is affect our relationship with other countries? Presidents will NEVER change the laws on gay marriage, abortion, gun control, etc...

this warrants a "lol" and nothing more

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Relationships with other countries are pretty important these days!

fix'd

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Shade: fixed

fixed

Posted by Shade

No. Get out.

Posted by ExoXile

Monarchy FTW, VOTE FOR THE KING!
Man, if Sweden went back to that we'd be the best.
the best
the best
the best

the best

Posted by Shade

You never have been, nor will you ever be the best.

Posted by ExoXile

We rank hell of higher than your silly country.
And I think a country that's like 200 years old has little to say.

Come back when you've been around for at least 5.000-10.000.[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by WillisGreeny

Sweden's a **** hole, and you shouldn't be proud.

I say this with little knowledge, nor interest, of the country...like everyone outside of Sw*den.

Posted by ExoXile

Just like the rest of the crowd. :)

*ehum*cattle*ehum*

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Sweden rocks at being shaped like a penis and being neutral while everybody around them gets invaded and profiting off of it. Therefore, that makes Sweden a Dick^2.

edit: though I do like Freddie Ljungberg

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, our country is in a ****ing crisis because of your sand******s.
Since we have to give every family that comes an apartment, and money.

And by now they make up 80% of Sweden's criminal activity.

Profiting? No.
Sand******s taking our tax-money, the US working itself down into a depression, etcetc.

>=O

Posted by mis0

I didn't know they had rednecks up in schweden land.

Posted by Fate

That's America's fault, too! :cookie:

Posted by ExoXile

The rednecks originated from Swedenland.
Duh.

100.000yrs>300yrs

Sand******s though, all your fault.

Posted by mis0

Are they stealin' your jobs too, exo?

Posted by ExoXile

Nope.

Our unemployment has something to do with us making business with you and the you dwindle off to a depression.

Sand******s just steal our apartments, our tax-money, and our chicks.
By raping them, mind you.

Posted by mis0

Hey, it's not our fault people don't want your boxy cars or your vodka, and whatever else it is that sweden exports.

Posted by ExoXile

Fridges. :)
Kitchen appliances.

An they're not boxy. :(
I've got my Suzuki, now that's a box!

[URL="http://internationaltrade.suite101.com/article.cfm/top_swedish_exports_imports"]Import/Export[/URL]
lol

Medicine. :cool:

Military equipment, what a surprise. =O
Oh right, metal, we export metal a lot.
Iron-rich Sweadon.

Posted by #061402

Don't forget the paper~ And wood, I'd wager.

But yes yes. Isn't this a tad bit too off-topic?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you have not addressed my point about sweden looking like a flaccid penis

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

america has the same problem though, what with florida and all.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Huge balls though.