N64 Ports

Posted by Bebop

List a N64 game you would like to see ported and explain how the 2nd screen and touch screen could be used.

Ocarina of Time: One of my favorite games which is quite ironic considering I see myself more of a casual fan of Zelda. The touch screen dispays your START menus including items to allow easy access to items quickly. You could also view the map here like you normall would by going right. Top screen displaying the normal game of course. Either way I'd love to be able to play this golden oldie on the move. Lost Woods music and all! :link:

Posted by Speedfreak

Goldeneye 007, for obvious reasons.

Posted by Axis

Rush 2, GoldenEye, and Conkers Bad Fur Day

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

conker would be aweomse on the ds.I wuld also kind of (a little embarrasing) like to see pokemon snap on the DS with the touch screen nintendo could do some sweet stuff and with the two screens. bottom screen would be 3d with the camera and you use the touching to aim the canmera then you take a snap shot by either tapping the screen or pressing a little button and the top screen you could view your pictures.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Shadowgate 64. I'd be more thrilled if Kemco finished Shadowgate Rising that they were working on, but a port of the original wouldn't be bad, either. The touch screen could be used for the gameplay, with the upper screen displaying the map and inventory screens. The touch screen would allow you to examine the environment and objects more closely. Throw in some specialized puzzles for the DS's new capabilities, and I'd love it.

The New Tetris. H20 Software may have vanished, but this beautiful version of Tetris should remain. 4-player wireless/wi-fi multiplayer would be awesome.

Posted by wolfmaster

I would like to see starfox on the DS.I'm not really sure what the bottom screen would do though...?

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting wolfmaster: I would like to see starfox on the DS.I'm not really sure what the bottom screen would do though...?

Ah ha!

A while ago i posted this saying how i would like a Star fox 64 port- and about the touch screen? My idea was to have the top screen displaying the space view and the touch displaying the cockpit view- using the touch screen to shoot.

Posted by wolfmaster

Taht sounds cool but I can't help but think that using the touch screen to shoot would be a little akward.Could you amagine having to tap the screen that many times?I dont Know about you but I shoot a good 300 shots at least on one of those 3 minute levels....

Posted by Klarth

Game - Neon Genesis Evangelion 64.
Reason - Only ever released commercally in Japan (and several other asian countries). Only hugely popular among Eva addicts.
Second screen - Menus, map, targeting, aim & fire games, etc.

Game - Tetrisphere
Reason - Great game, brilliant concept. Didn't do amazingly well, though.
Second screen - Block manipulation, camera angle

Game - Mario Artist (64DD)
Reason - Again; no western release.
Second screen - Drawing profiles of 3D shapes, rotating them, drawing (derr.), etc.

Posted by wolfmaster

There was a Neon Genesis Evangelion game.!Thats so cool. I just finished watching the series.Good show would make a Great game!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

The N64 Neon Genesis Evangelion game was a button-mash fest. Every other level was "Hit A and B buttons alternately as fast as you can!" The graphics and music were some of the best on the N64, though.

Posted by wolfmaster

Well hopefully if it comes to the DS they will put a little more effort into it.

Posted by Scorpion

Quoting UnrealChamp101: .I wuld also kind of (a little embarrasing) like to see pokemon snap on the DS

Oh everyone loves Pokemon. We all couldn't resist their charm. They may seem childish now, but they weren't to us when we were younger and so we all deep down love 'em. lol, Speaking of that, I would like to see Pokemon Stadium on the DS. You could use the touch screen to chose your pokemon and the skill you want them to attack with.

Posted by VicE

Oh yay, someone else besides me who played Tetrisphere. ^_^

I totally agree with that, and Mario Artist. In fact, I want to see a full fledged Mario Paint game on the DS, with the option of sending your drawings to other people over the wireless link. That would be great. :D

And hey, don't feel bad about wanting a Pokemon Snap game! A little part of me is still waiting for a sequel with all the Gold/Silver/Ruby/Sapphire Pokes in it. :) The game actually had a pretty cool concept, it was just too short and didn't have enough Pokemon in it, but I'm sure that given a little more time and effort the sequel could turn out very nice indeed.

Hmmm... by looking over my post it seems like it's the more quirky/unconventional games that I see as working the best on the DS. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, as it almost seems as if the entire system was designed to accomidate games like those.

Posted by wolfmaster

Latley it seems like nintendo is amiming towards these quirky games more and more often. not that this a bad thing but just something I noticed as well.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Pok

Posted by towelie

Zelda OOT would be awsome on the DS, mainly as it was an awsome game, and i jus cant be botherd to dig out my N64, but it would encourage alot of olg N64 owners to buy the system, would be cool if they put a multiplayer init as well

Posted by wolfmaster

Quoting towelie: Zelda OOT would be awsome on the DS, mainly as it was an awsome game, and i jus cant be botherd to dig out my N64, but it would encourage alot of olg N64 owners to buy the system, would be cool if they put a multiplayer init as well

I don't see how they could but it would be really cool. Mabey like fourswords except 3D.

Posted by Kopaka

A Castlevania 64 port would be nice to have as well.

Posted by NightmareBassX

WOW YOU LOSERS, N64 WAS THE WORST SYSTEM ON EARTH!!!!!

J/k, I think Ocarina Of Time would be cool also, however I think they could add some things in it, it would be good without some but adding some new things would be cool!

Touch Screen : Maps, items, Maybe a fun mini game when you can go first person and slash with the stylus, that would be fun!

Top Screen : Regular gameplay.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

OoT won't be a DS port. Because they already rehashed it for the Cube. Notice how Mario 64 wasn't on a disc with Sunshine? Because they already knew it was going to be on DS. OoT was with Wind Waker - because they knew they wouldn't. I'd love to see both OoT and MM on the DS, but since they're already for Cube it's not going to happen, I don't reckon.

Although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Posted by FerreTrip

Hmmm...Gotta think, what would be a cool N64 port for the DS...*snaps fingers* Ah, yes!! I think that Goemon's Great Adventure would ROCK on the DS, as it is, alongside Viewtiful Joe and the Sonic games, one of my FAVORITE side-scrollers EVER!!

GAME: Goemon's Great Adventure (KONAMI)
WHY: This game, although a simple side-scroller in 3-d, was really challenging, had kickkin' music, and was just plain-old FUN-@$$-FUN.
SECOND SCREEN: OOH!! BRAINBLAST!! A first-person view of whoever you're playing. You could use the stylus and aim your attack, as well as just use the buttons. Also, in the EXTREAMLY fun Impact levels(me and Annie actually worked out a neat combo of me=Impact, she'd get in postion, and I'd do the Repeated Punch-> G-Kick, she'd slice him back at me, and we'd repeat.), you could aim and also flip certain switches or something so you could do the specials.
Ahh, the memories of that game...I was grounded when I got that game, actually, and I had to suck up big-time to play it.

Posted by mario64ds

i would do diddy kong racing, top screen for game play and bottom screen for map and items. and you cant forget goldeneye, my favorite 007 game.

Posted by Darkbackward

I gots a novel idea, how about none!

WHAT???????

That's right, original and fun games we HAVEN'T played before. The fact is mario and luigi superstar saga was great, but did we need all that mario portage? I mean why? Why does nintendo waste their time with ports, they need to innovate, they are clearly capable of doing it, they just have to knock the faery thought ought of their head!

Posted by Arczu

If anything, I would really like to see a Gauntlet legends game on the DS. Seriously, you wouldn't be contrained to a single screen, and 4 people could go around a level finding treasure and beating up monsters. It's all great fun, especially with the right powerups.

The one of the screens, however, would probably have to be a map, because these levels are massive and it would be easy to get lost. But nonetheless, that would be fun to play portable, wireless among 4 people.

Posted by Darkbackward

A game like gauntlet would be fun. But I spend a majority of my time in the short mario 64 mp and the short metroid prime matches.

Gauntlet takes time for multiplayer in my view, would they make the levels shorter or would they just make massive games that consume tremendous amount of time and never even make me think of purchasing?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=VicE]Oh yay, someone else besides me who played Tetrisphere. ^_^

I totally agree with that, and Mario Artist. In fact, I want to see a full fledged Mario Paint game on the DS, with the option of sending your drawings to other people over the wireless link. That would be great. :D

If Mario Artist got a DS port, one of the best things they could do with it would to give you wi-fi access to an online gallery of peoples' creations, which you could then download and edit... And then there'd be the whole "art of the day" bit, and you'd strive to get your work up there, thus giving the game an objective.

I'm rambling!

Posted by FerreTrip

Yo, Bebop, It's been in my Tips & Tricks magazine, which is always right, cuz it's strait from the publishers, for like before the DS came out that VJ will be on DS.

Posted by FerreTrip

Quoting Abraxas: If Mario Artist got a DS port, one of the best things they could do with it would to give you wi-fi access to an online gallery of peoples' creations, which you could then download and edit... And then there'd be the whole "art of the day" bit, and you'd strive to get your work up there, thus giving the game an objective.

I'm rambling!

Actually, good idea! It'd kinda be like deviantART or something! AND it'll take a LOT of skill to work wonders with the touch screen, as there isn't much friction. I'd really want to buy it if it existed.

Posted by the_last_metroid__2

i would like to see road rash 64 on ds beuause bottom screen could be like weapon selection and top screen would be regular gameplay

Posted by Moogs

I would like to see a Donkey Kong 64 Port.