Silicon Knights coming to my class

Posted by Red

tomorrow, a programmer from [url=http://www.siliconknights.com/main.html]silicon knights[/url] is coming to my computer sciences class to talk to us about programming and we're supposed to ask questions.

what should I ask him?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Ask him, out of all the members of Silicon Knights, why he has to be the loser to talk to a bunch of kids learning the basics of Java and C (or w/e lang they teach these days)?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Eternal Darkness 2, sup with that?[/COLOR]

Posted by #061402

^****, beat me to it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

why are you based in st. catharines of all places?

why is dennis dyack a complete dick on forums?

are you going to make too human a trilogy after the first being a critical failure?

all good questions.

Posted by Red

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
why is dennis dyack a complete dick on forums?

I didn't ask him any questions, but he did mention that Dennis Dyack was actually a really nice person. he said he'd buy the whole company tickets to see a moive together and crap like that.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Red: I didn't ask him any questions

So you make a thread asking what kind of questions to ask the guy, and then you pussy out and don't ask?

You sicken me little boy.

Quoted post: I didn't ask him any questions, but he did mention that Dennis Dyack was actually a really nice person. he said he'd buy the whole company tickets to see a moive together and crap like that.

Yeah, he's supposed to be an awesome guy in real life, but he's a total dick to people online. Gets too uppity about his own games.

Posted by Red

Quoting Roger Smith: So you make a thread asking what kind of questions to ask the guy, and then you pussy out and don't ask?

You sicken me little boy.

the questions were suposed to be more "general", and I didn't really think to ask them.

Posted by Roger Smith

Whatever to happened to just raising your hand and asking whatever came to mind?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]He was shy maybe. Had it been me in there, i think it's obvious which question the fans want asked:

"Eternal Darkness 2, where it's at?"[/COLOR]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

should have asked him if he's ever had to program grenade throws for AI

apparently it's one of the most complex calculations in all of games programming except maybe some other stuff i have never read about like physics and s[COLOR=Silver]hit[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Just ask him a question about programming you assholes, he probably didn't even want to make Too Human, he probably wanted to make some kind of civil war strategy game with dragons.

good ten years too late for that

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ten years ago he'd have wanted to make a skateboarding 3D platformer

Posted by WillisGreeny

They'd need to make the dragons have gunz, then it'd sell well.

Posted by Speedfreak

And it would simulate something entirely pointless. But he'd think it was awesome because it's an extra thing being simulated and programmers are amazed by crap like that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

speedfreak: hating on the games themselves aint enough for him no more

Posted by WillisGreeny

LOOK HOW SHIMMERY THE WATER IS!!! That took a year of development, but I'm glad we did that instead of coming up with some kind of original game play.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;884630]speedfreak: hating on the games themselves aint enough for him no more

I also hate your face.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

we should ask the guy if being a jaded faggot is a prerequisite for all game developers

Yeah, I'm sure Dennis Dyack wants someone like that working for him when he's getting it nonstop on the internet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

speedfreak would be like, dyack's ultimate PR guy

ITS INNOVATIVE, MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything positive he says about the game would be dripping with sarcasm.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

he'd make like this huge press statement with a ton of quotes and **** in it and everyone would just scroooooll on byyyyy

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;884904]speedfreak would be like, dyack's ultimate PR guy

No. God no. Not him.

More like:

IT'S INNOVATIVE....APPARANTLY!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

'not as good as ikaruga' - speedfreak gaming magazine [sep. 2008]

Posted by Speedfreak

"It's a lot like Geometry Wars if Geometry Wars didn't have bullets. And you couldn't die. Next-gen game design!"

Okay I want this job now.

I'd hire him. You know how much press I'd get with a PR guy like Speedfreak? People would be like "man, he makes it sound SO bad it HAS TO BE GOOD" suddenly, 10 million copies sold.

Posted by Speedfreak

"Your frothing demand for this game will quadruple."