10 years from now: hope vs reality

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hope: doing cushy computer-based job with good pay and easy work, married or in a good relationship and not aborting any more kids i have

reality: college dropout working as a retail manager, living alone in a small flat and being reasonably overweight, still posting on vgc and ****ing with the 2018 n00bies

Posted by Klarth

hope: travel the world getting paid to take photos of awesome buildings, cool animals and naked women

reality: stoned in the gutter when I'm not arguing on the internet, penniless, still scrawnier than an anorexic schoolgirl, spending all my time building my pakistani-defense fallout shelter

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

hope: work until I have enough money that I won't need to work for awhile, move to somewhere cold for the majority of the year and with the closest neighbour at least a mile away. Live off said money until my dad dies then live off the inheritance for the rest of my life. Preferably not getting married or having kids, so I won't have to support them.

reality: most likely that. except maybe I might have to continue working for a few more years to a decade than what I'm planning. Likely I'll get married and have kids and be forced to work for the rest of my life.

Posted by #061402

Hope: Working as a well-paid psychologist and married. Live in some secluded area in a big, while not unnecessarily big, house. Knowing/learning how to play the piano.

Reality: Will probably miss the chance with the chick and wind up in the military.

Posted by S

Hope: Published first novel, working on second or third. Living off royalties, married and traveling. Already have traveled through Europe backpacking, having experienced and become more well rounded as a person.

Reality: In Europe, just now having been able to save enough. First book is on the way. Single and loving it.

Dismal failure: Gave up on Europe, book flopped, working where I am now and hating life.

Posted by The Judge

Hope: Being a world-famous writer with ridiculous figures and enough money to buy pretty much whatever I want. A loving wife and perhaps one child.

Reality: Living in the exact same situation and location two decades from now.

Posted by ExoXile

Hope: Hopefully finding a nice girl with whom I will have one or two children with.
That and a nice job(Preferably bricklayan on my own), and health.

Reality: ^
Only, the chick will probably divorce me, my job will be the only thing I will have left.
And the kids.

But who knows? Let's stay optimistic!

Posted by mysticgirl

Hope: Married to a nice guy and maybe a kid or two. And hopefully having a good, solid job.

Reality: Single with 5 yelling children and working at hy-vee for the rest of my life because i got pregnant before college.
(I really hope i don't get the reality, it's based on my family's past!)

Posted by mis0

Hope: Will have been successful in entrepreneurial ventures, living in a nice home up in the heights, a sleek little number in the garage, and 7+ figures in the bank, international travel as time permits. Basically, enough at 30 to where I will have no worries whatsoever, and have the personal finances to do whatever I want to do.

The reality: If I do the right things now, and get the right job/start right business, my hope isn't that unrealistic, save the personal finances bit. That's a bit optimistic unless the most ideal circumstances fall into place, and I capitalize on them. I'm three semesters from my BBA, and after that I intend to enter the MBA program. This should allow me to get a fairly high-paying job, and that'll cover the rest.

Worst case scenario: I **** up somewhere along the line and become a bitter middle management type.

Posted by Slade

****, man, I just realized it's almost impossible for me to put together a 10 year plan. I know what I want in 5 years, but I still don't know what area I want to pursue an MBA in or what sort of job I want. So I'll keep it broad.

hope: LOTS OF MONEY, GREAT JOB SECURITY AND A LADY WITH REALLY COOL TITTIEZ. Also, a spacious home with acreage to spare and a prolific garden which will be tended by my only begotten bloodslave.

reality: At age 23 I will be rendered inept by a focused beam of radiation, and in shame I will avoid all women forever. I'll end up sharing a trailer with Bubba, my gay lover/provider, in eastern washington and my only tomato plants will get blight.

reality, worst-case scenario, same thing

Posted by Lord of Spam

Hopefully: Senior cheif machinst mate, with a strong master chief package going through the chief review board. recommendations and qualifications to become cob of a virginia class fast attack boat. qualified welder and diver.

reality: working a bland but respectible managment job somewhere, living off the retarded investments that being a nuke allows. traveling when i can, and smoking nonstop.

Quoted post: master chief

matt 117

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hope: Working as tech support(enjoyable as hell) or on computers in general.

Reality: Working as tech support(currently doing [quit the cook job]) or on computers in general.

Quoted post: Working as tech support(enjoyable as hell)

... what? That's the worst. At least in normal businesses anyways. Not so bad when you're doing support for people who actually have a clue what the **** computers are.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I do tech support at Dish Networks headquarters on the recievers, HD, and DVR units. It's not really that bad. Once in a while we get the old southern guy who doesn't know ANYTHING, but most people aren't TOO dumb.

Besides, idiots make me feel smart.

Oh, that's not so bad then. I wouldn't expect anyone to know about receivers at all, but I do expect people to know at the very least a tiny bit about computers. More than a few times I've traveled to homes or companies to fix hardware problems and I can't count the number of people who have tried prying open their monitors to get at the "processors." Just makes me rage.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hahahahaha, oh wow.

That's ****ing ridiculous.

I still get people like that, though. One dude asked me why his box wouldn't play DVD's (since it was a DVR). Wound up breaking it trying to cram a disk in there.

Why do people insist on forcing things? If it doesn't just go right in maybe it's, uh, not supposed to? It's like people have no common sense when it comes to anything electronic.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Because old TV's were fixable by punching them.

That or there were no new-fangled gadgets in the old days.

on the plus side, at least it almost makes sense that you'd try and put a dvd in a dvr. the things people cram into towers makes me really sad for humanity as a whole. But hey, good business idiots are.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

$14 an hour of good business for me.

Posted by Linko_16

Fantasy: Lose 150 pounds, become successful stage actor, screen actor, director, singer, artist, and video game designer who is world famous, loved by all, travel the world and retire with my one true love who is a beautiful, funny and genius super-scientist wife who loves and understands me and plays video games with me all day.

Hope: Go into theatre and hope to find a job not too detestable to make a living, do the rest of that stuff for fun in my spare time, move somewhere new as soon as possible because I hate where I live, meet someone nice maybe and if not live alone. And lose some weight already fatty.

Reality: Die from a heart attack at the age of twenty two cursing the name of Darkness Advanced with my last breath.

what a stupid fantasy.

Posted by #061402

I thought that was the point of all fantasies?

there's good fantasies and stupid fantasies.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Final_Fantasy_wordmark.svg/800px-Final_Fantasy_wordmark.svg.png[/IMG]

both good and stupid

Posted by WillisGreeny

Fantasy: Become cool on the internet.

Hope: Make enough money to buy a 4 bedroom house, married, with 3 kids, and a bunch of Alaskan Malamutes and Huskies.

Reality: Probably just have the huskies without the house and family.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: what a stupid fantasy.

Fantasy: Kill Vamp.

Hope: Call Vamp a meanie.

Reality: Cry.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: matt 117

out of curiosity, what made you pick those numbers?

master chief. John 117. look it up

Posted by Lord of Spam

holy ****, that ****s so unrealistic lol. a master chief would never actually see combat lol.

it's the ****ing future and he's a cybernetic supersoldier. What is he going to do, sit behind a desk? lol ****ing stupid idiot.

Posted by Lord of Spam

actually, yeah. e-6 and above are pretty much not allowed to actually do anything; they're supervisors and advisors lol.

most of the heavy **** is left to the underlings so to speak. obviously there are some exceptions (**** that CANNOT be ****ed up is left to them) but usually cheifs, senior chiefs, and master chiefs just sit around sipping coffee.

he's in a 2 ton suit of metal and from the future. lol

Posted by Lord of Spam

sos your mom

save our ship your mom

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i cannot believe our international security is being trusted to someone this stupid

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

who am i kidding, doodad fiddling aint security

when were the last time subs were actually useful? 1940s? Yeah.

Posted by Lord of Spam

85% of all cruise missles launched in american engagements are launched from submarines >:3

you send surface ships in to intimidate someone. you send subs in to wreak their *******

Posted by ExoXile

It's always awesome when someone who doesn't know anything of how the military works gives their word. :)

Don't let it falter your heart, MM.

Quoted post: It's always awesome when someone who doesn't know anything of how the military works gives their word.

exo: "what's trolling?"

Posted by ExoXile

I just don't know with you, ever.

And I wasn't being a 100% srs either, more like 55% srs. :)

Posted by #061402

Quoting ExoXile: It's always awesome when someone who doesn't know anything of how the military works gives their word. :)

Speaking of..

Posted by ExoXile

I know my sources, and you can also base a whole lot on logic.

And I don't speak my mind unless I know something, and if I do, I shall accept defeat.

Posted by #061402

Edit: **** this. I have better things to bother with than arguing with you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

itt swedes trollan swedes

Posted by WillisGreeny

subs make terrible movie premises.

Posted by Lord of Spam

you can suck satans cock in hell

Posted by Xero

future: teacher, bf, lots of $$$ and a house with a pet, a pool and all that jazz

reality: teachers are teaching me, still single, not much $$$ and living at my parents without any pets nor a pool.

in other words: I haet my life right now