TIME WARP!

Posted by Ant

So this is a thread where we describe what it was like to play Melee or even 64 after having become so accustom to Brawl.

I just played Melee for the past 2 hours and it was really fun. :$ The fast pace of it all, the hits being so much stronger, throws being 10x better. Though the main things that struck out to me were:

Wow Jiggs rest was soooooo much better. kills easy at 40%.
Peach was a ****ing beast. as was fox.
and Pichu, wtf were they thinking with that one?

Posted by O.T.L

I have sooo much fun playing all of those!

I can't play melee anymore, the timing in Melee and Brawl are VERY diffrent and I get confused while playing Melee. I can barely beat a Lv9 fox. (now)

SSB is sooo much fun, BUT throws kill in that game and I use Link and I always die at 30% because my little brother is a cunt and thats ALL he does.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

64 easily has the strongest hits and probably my favorite mechanics out of all three games. Plus the best stages.

Posted by Ant

and it was funny when I first got to the character select area I said "oh maybe I put the memory card in the wrong slot(wii)" to which my friend replied "uh no that's all of them".

Posted by Linko_16

Smash 64 is the best to go back and play. Melee is too similar to Brawl, 64 feels like a whole different game.

Posted by Corrupt

Played SSB64 with a friend of mine recently and re-lived all the fond memories I have of playing the **** out of it. Everything about that game gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling, particularly the intro and the ending after you beat the (back then) adventure mode. I know I'm gonna be getting it on VC soon enough, and I'm looking forward to it.

As for Melee, I tried playing that again a few days back and was thoroughly bored with it. Even though I know I'm much better suited to a game of that speed, I just can't get myself to like it at all. Though I do miss Pichu and Mewtwo. That's about it.

Posted by kyubikirby

I've been playing alot of ssb64 myself and I'm loving it. dk is still a beast, pikachu is ***ly, and link still sucks. And jiggs rest rapes more than in melee as well as wee-gee's up-b...

Posted by Iris

Zelda's smashes suck ***, as does Din's Fire. Also, for some strange reason Lightning Kicks are more difficult to hit, probably because I'm used to Brawl mechanics. Can't say she's better in Melee by any degree.

Posted by O.T.L

Link was godly in Melee. :( I miss that upB

Posted by Zeta

Brawl hasn't messed up my Melee performance at all, but I really can't go back to the 1-2 songs per stage thing. Brawl's music spoiled me. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Haha, I find it kind of funny that that's what's ruining Melee for you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I dunno, I think he's right. Even the music that's there sounds ****ty in comparison to Brawl.

Posted by Lord of Spam

FUUUUCK FUUUUUUUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I go back and play SSB64 every couple of months. If only to relive the glory that is Kirby. ****ing beast in that game.

Haven't played Melee since a month after brawl came out

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Kirby was close to being tournament banned in 64 because he was so good. Then Sakurai freaked in Melee and made him a piece of ****. Now he's perfect.

He was perfect in 64. Now he's just fun to play.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just glad they got rid of that fireball Kirby bull.

Ugh, what the **** were they thinking? His new move is awesome though.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]There was nothing better than the first time i stumbled upon a playable version of SSB64 at Toys R' Us, not knowing anything whatsoever about the game. I looked at the character select screen and saw Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby, all in the same game and thought: "what's going on here?", "what is this madness?".

At this point, the only reason i even go back to Melee is to be abe to use Mewtwo. He was my main back then, and would've been my main or 2nd main now, had he survived the cuts in Brawl. It's a shame, really. Not nearly enough villains in Brawl.[/COLOR]

I still have the 64 commercial etched into my brain. That was a good commercial.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

YOU AND ME
ME AND YOU

SO HAPPY TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by O.T.L

lol I remember Yoshi just let got of everyones hands to trip the **** out of Dk.

Posted by Alastor

Best commercial ever.

Posted by Xero

I got used to play SSB64 so much that I never really enjoyed playing Melee nor Brawl as much. Don't get me wrong. I like playing Melee and Brawl mainly because those have new fighting features, items and characters, but the overall fighting was way better in the 64 game with the hitting strengh and the gravity in my opinion.

Posted by protomanEXE

i went back and played SSBM and i kill lvl 9s way to easily. Ness's Pk Flash is rediculessly huge and is beastly

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

So I went back to brawl, and decided it's fun to play in short bursts

After the short burst, I went back to melee, and smash 64 is always hooked up for the occasional refresh of the good ol' together forever