"Xbox 360 defects: an inside history of Microsoft

Posted by Big Boss

I recommended read into, arguably, the most defective console in videogame history.

[quote]http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Microsoft knew it had flawed machines, but it did not delay its launch because it believed the quality problems would subside over time. With each new machine, the company figured it would ride the

Posted by Degeneration

Read a lot of it the other day. I lol'd at the 360 all over again.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Thank God the 360 has enough games I like on it that make it worth waiting a couple of weeks while Microsoft repairs my system for free, as opposed to the ps3 that might work for 5 years straight but not ever contain anything worth the electricity/extra $100-$150. Thanks also for the Wii, which makes the wait tolerable anyway.

Posted by Shade

What a crybaby.

Posted by Speedfreak

....wait, who's the crybaby?

Posted by Skitzo Control

A lot of this could have been avoided if they just fixed the problems, but it sure is surprising they actually admitted to making the mistake and have been putting up the money to fix 'em. Sure, they could have avoided the mistake in the first place, but kudos to them for owning up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No kudos whatsoever. You don't get kudos for saving your own *** after ****ing up. It's just MS doing what's necessary to not fall flat on their face.

But yeah, read the article a couple days ago. Most of it anyways. Nothing too earth shattering, but it was a nice read. Couldn't help but think how a console so defective managed to sell over 10 million units though. Almost impressive.

Oh wait, right, I bought two.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pretty much proof that GOOD GAMES wins the conzole warz. As a longtime Nintendo loyalist and builder of half-assed gaming PCs, the 360 is easily the most defective piece of **** out there but it's still my most played gaming machine out of my current 360, Wii, DS and PC.

Posted by Speedfreak

360 is losing financially and commercially, brah.

Quoted post: but it's still my most played gaming machine out of my current 360, Wii, DS and PC.

Same. Haven't touched my PS3 since MGS, just picked the Wii back up for Twilight Princess, but I won't be touching it again for awhile. Haven't used my DS since Tactics.

550 day streak for my xbox though.

http://kotaku.com/5049294/game-tester-fired-for-going-on-record-about-xbox-360-defects

Quoted post: Robert Delaware, a Microsoft game tester employed by temp agency Excell Data, was let go on Wednesday and is expected to face civil charges from his former employer, according to an update from VentureBeat.

Ouch. Guess that's why you remain anonymous in these articles.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Or why you read the employee handbook carefully when you're hired.