MY XBOX BROKE

Posted by Speedfreak

So I bought a 360 a week ago. Got Gears of War and Dead Rising, downloaded Ikaruga and Pac-Man Championship Edition and it came with GTA IV and Medal of Honor: Airborne. I stopped playing gears about 3 days ago after finishing it, playing Ikaruga instead. I noticed a disc read error on boot up over the past few days but I ignored it since I figured it was probably some dust or something and carried on playing Ikaruga.

So I check to see if it's still getting errors. Gears would not load up. I check the disc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BREAKING NEWS: THE 360 HARDWARE IS ****

Yeah, nobody's gonna disagree with you here buddy.

Posted by Speedfreak

THIS IS THE YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT.

A WEEK.

Posted by Ant

**** sucks faggot.

mine's still good after 2 months. though I'm not expecting anything to go wrong. so when it does I'll be sad :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think the disk drive in mine is getting a little slow after 18 months, but apart from that, never had any cause for complaint.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Must of been your gamerscore that caused all the problems....

is your system standing up right.. I took a game to another system that was standing up right, scratched the F out of my game... got the disc fixed and buffed out though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What's your GT, Speedy?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

so the disc is ****ed and not the actual box? misleading title.

and rub some toothpaste on the disc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nonono, rub it with oil and steel wool

Posted by Roger Smith

My 360 makes loud *** whiring sounds and actually red rings of death sorta often, but I simply restart and it works. Had mine over a year.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

and rub some toothpaste on the disc.

i remember reading awhile ago that you told someone to put toothpaste on their pimples.... you guys up north sure love your toothpaste, dam.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Y2kMISFIT;879995]i remember reading awhile ago that you told someone to put toothpaste on their pimples.... you guys up north sure love your toothpaste, dam.toothpaste can turn your teeth white. it's a super-powerful cleaning agent.

Quoted post: i remember reading awhile ago that you told someone to put toothpaste on their pimples.... you guys up north sure love your toothpaste, dam.

cause it actually works. Same with rubbing a banana on a scratched disc.

Posted by Speedfreak

This is now my "Speedfreak comes late to the Xbox Party" thread.

I got a replacement. It's horizontal now. Looks better that way anyway.

I still don't care about achievments. When I recieved an achievement for completing the first level on Gears the expression on my face was something like the one you get when someone thrusts a Krshna book upon your person whilst walking down the street. If achievements were purely recognitions of superplaying I could totally get behind it; I want an achievment for doing the entire game on hardcore without dying, for instance. Or doing an entire chapter by just chainsawing. That makes sense to me, that's worth pointing out. Literally most of these you get just from playing a lot.

I played the Too Human demo. Lemme see the metacritic score...

Quite generous!

Why is the wireless adapter so expensive? Any decent third party alternatives?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Achievements are for showing your progress in a game and awarding players for difficult feats. The fact you can pull up your buddy's profile and see what level of Gears he's on is useful.

wireless adapter is pointless and no

Gears was released in the first year. That's what all games were like back then. They've improved quite a bit!

Like tales of vesperia and the secret missions which are now making me rage. And pretty much every game I can think of.

Posted by #061402

What is Tales of Vesperia like anyway?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

like most of the tales games before it, i would imagine

except the best one of the series.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;881008]Achievements are for showing your progress in a game and awarding players for difficult feats. The fact you can pull up your buddy's profile and see what level of Gears he's on is useful.

wireless adapter is pointless and no

Unless I want a wire trailing from my Xbox across the room I'm gonna need one.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

weigh it up here

cable running through your room

vs

****ing expensive
not-as-good latency

i know what i would choose

live on a wireless connection? gross

Though I just drilled holes through the wall and poked a couple holes in my carpet. PROBLEM SOLVED

Posted by Speedfreak

I have a choice between no internet on my Xbox or an expansive adapter. I'm not having a cable run across my living room.

Latency is fine, I play TF2 on a ping of 30 with the signal going through a thick wall. I don't have a gold account anyway, and when I do all I'll be playing is Gears and Ikaruga co-op. Just need to find a cheap one somewhere.

PC's handle lag better than consoles. CoD4 on the PC it hovers around 50-90 depending. Average ping on the Xbox version (which is full 4 bars) is upwards of 150. Just to show you the difference. And then you have to keep in my games like Gears and other Unreal games that handle lag far, far worse.

Posted by #061402

While PC's might handle lag better, mine didn't really cope with a wireless. ****ed up every other day and left me without internet.

Posted by Speedfreak

Don't really care, Xbox Live is a gigantic ball of dicks. I'm sure it'll be fine for some Ikaruga co-op.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

play with your buddies instead of randoms

problem solved???

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

oh wait

i guess that isnt possible for you dude

Posted by Speedfreak

Thank you for providing a solution to a problem I don't have by reiterating my original plan.

The Force Unleashed sucks. Like. Wow.

Quoted post: play with your buddies instead of randoms

problem solved???

GROUP CHAT WOOOOOO

though xbox is better than people make it out to be. Said it before and I'll say it again, 75% of the rooms I'm in are completely fine. And those that are annoying, well, that's what mute is for!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Always satisfying to beat the **** out of some noisy kid.

Also, was playing Hush Mode in COD4 a couple nights ago, best fun I've had with the game. If your group is large enough that it makes up an entire team in TDM, everyone use the build of Sniper (for ghillie suit) + UAV jammer + dead silence. When the match starts, lie in the grass on a remote part of the map and just hide for as long as possible. Last person to be killed wins. Pubbies hate it.

Hahaha, oh man, that sounds pretty awesome actually. Good thing about a large group too is that you become those people that everyone complains about. Loud, obnoxious, annoying, etc.

Or just put me and ant in the same room. Same thing.

Posted by gdman00

dont get a wireless adapter. if you have a laptop you can:

1) hook up an ethernet between your xbox and laptop

2) make a bridge between the wireless card in your laptop and the ethernet

2)connect the laptop to the wireless internet

voila. your done.

this website will show you how to do it.