Crisis Core...

Posted by Vasioth

I've been seeing it advertised a lot recently (Even though it got released awhile back in the UK) and I was wondering if buying a PSP just to buy this game is worth it or not.

I heard that Angeal and Genesis are suppose to be good additions to the game but then again I don't know if it'll be anywhere as good as FF7 due to its Battle System/Advent Children like graphics.

Do I get a PSP for it or not? (I really should start looking on IGN and other sites for Reviews but I'm too lazy to type it in to my URL bar =\ )

Posted by S

I got a PSP for it, FFT: Lions War and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. If any of the three hadn't come out, I wouldn't have bought it.

Crisis Core is a different game. I haven't beaten it, and its very frustrating being that you're posed to lose in the missions more than win (You don't game over if you lose in a mission.), but it has has its pluses and personal rewards as far as when you actually win goes. The frustrating points are that, no matter how much life you have (Max 99,999 HP), many of the monsters have Auto-death, and a lot have Auto-stop, which can't be prevented without an accessory (Max 4) or 3 Materia slots (Max 6), which is a big sacrifice in damage output. Equally, its really frustrating that barrier and Mbarrier don't last the entire fight, because you get cheap shotted by strong attacks a lot in the second barrier goes down, which can ultimately make you lose a 30 minute fight.

The good points are that it really feels rewarding when you beat something, having to completely rework your equipment over and over, raking your brain trying to find some new strategy can be tedious but when it eventually wins out, you feel great. Equally, for each mission you receive a good piece of equipment afterwards which helps you with every other mission (Though sometimes you receive useless trash.). It's a strategy game with real time combat for all intents and purposes, if you don't like strategy, don't pick it up.

Posted by cloud1570

also, a good upcoming game is final fantasy dissidia, but i dont know when or if it will be in the UK, u CAN import it from japan tho.