IP address question

Posted by goku262003

i was wondering if theres anyway to change your IP address without losing your internet service? i have WINXP: SP2 and cable internet its also connected to a hub because i have multiple computers.

Posted by Trigger

Your IP address is assigned automatically by your Internet Service Provider. You have no control over the numbers they give you. You could attempt to use those programs that claim to spoof a false IP for you, but I don't really see why you would want to change your IP number.

Posted by Raptor

Your name is goku262003, so no.

Posted by goku262003

Quoting Trigger: Your IP address is assigned automatically by your Internet Service Provider. You have no control over the numbers they give you. You could attempt to use those programs that claim to spoof a false IP for you, but I don't really see why you would want to change your IP number.

whats my username have to do with it?
how would you go about doing that trigger?

Posted by Trigger

[quote=goku262003]whats my username have to do with it?
He's mocking your username because it isn't exactly ...creative or original. Try not to focus on the wrong parts, Goku.

[quote]how would you go about doing that trigger?
This depends. Why do you even want to change your IP or attempt to? I'm asking this because spoofing your IP with a program may not be the answer for what you might be wanting to do. There could be other, more effective solutions that will achieve want you want in a more efficient and easier-to-understand way.

Posted by Darkelf

Ok, depending on the service you have, there are different ways. If you have dsl, you can either shut it off for about 30 mins and it will assign you another Internet Proxy number. You could also do it the hard way. Go into the start, settings, network (internet options) go to connections, and then reset. It is something like that.

Posted by goku262003

Quoting Trigger:
This depends. Why do you even want to change your IP or attempt to? I'm asking this because spoofing your IP with a program may not be the answer for what you might be wanting to do. There could be other, more effective solutions that will achieve want you want in a more efficient and easier-to-understand way.

I got reasons in doing so but if have other solutions i would like to see them.

Quoting Darkelf: Ok, depending on the service you have, there are different ways. If you have dsl, you can either shut it off for about 30 mins and it will assign you another Internet Proxy number. You could also do it the hard way. Go into the start, settings, network (internet options) go to connections, and then reset. It is something like that.

I dont really have DSL unless you count cable as DSL.

Posted by Darkelf

i will look into it for ya. I will get back to ya in a couple of hours

Posted by NegativeTrend

Start>Settings>Network Connections>Right Click>Properties>Internet Protocal (TCP/IP)>Properties change it as you wish but I would just suggest letting DNS assign itself.Alternativey you could Right Click your connection>Repair. Works for some users. Maybe browse around google for a bit for the specifics.

Posted by loony636

That works, as long as the server at the other end will allow you to change your ip. I tried that once, and it worked. I tried it at a friends house, and it didn't work.

Quoted post: I don't really see why you would want to change your IP number.

Why? I repeat. Why? Would you want to, unless you were ip banned from something...

Posted by Hyper

Oooh, are you a wannabe ban dodger? :'( If you get banned from somewhere, it means they don't want you there, so don't try to go there. My advice to you.

If its for some other reason then just get a good proxy. [url]www.stayinvisible.com[/url]

Posted by loony636

I wouldn't have given him that...If did get ip banned, then he'll use that program to play the game again. That means he'll probably get banned again, which means we;ll probably have to watch him post another thread about how to change your ip address again! *gasps for air*.

Posted by mis0

No, probably not. I doubt he could use that program anyways.

Posted by Hyper

It isn't even a program. Just proxys that you can use by setting them in your browser's options area. I have my ways of dealing with ban dodgers, so don't worry.

Hey, anyone heard of my Evil Ban hack? *oscar*

Posted by f4phantom2500

Quoting NegativeTrend: Start>Settings>Network Connections>Right Click>Properties>Internet Protocal (TCP/IP)>Properties change it as you wish but I would just suggest letting DNS assign itself.Alternativey you could Right Click your connection>Repair. Works for some users. Maybe browse around google for a bit for the specifics.

that's just to change your local ip address, for your immediate network.

Posted by loony636

It depends. If you are connected to a local network, it changes your ip address there. If you are connected directly to the internet, then it changes your real ip. (Should I use that term, real ip?)

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Loony636]Why? I repeat. Why? Would you want to, unless you were ip banned from something...
Why did you quote what I said just to make the above statement?

[quote](Should I use that term, real ip?)
No.

[quote=Goku262003]I got reasons in doing so but if have other solutions i would like to see them.
Read my post again. You'll find that the above comment is not a reason, like I had asked and thus not sufficient enough. I can't give you other possible solutions if I don't know what that reason is. So again, why do you want to change your IP address? If you can't provide a reason, I'm going to assume that you want to change it 'just for the hell of it' or to attempt to cause mischief, in which case I will not aid you in doing so.

"My name is Goku262003 and today I'm pretending to be a 1337 h4rdk0r3 h4xx0r!1!1!11!!!!!1"

Posted by goku262003

I am not a hacker.
I want to see if i can get around a block they have at my school my friend said the best way to do so is changing your IP address and since the computers there are close to mine i thought i try it on my computer first. ok happy i explained now do you want to help me out or not?

Posted by higbvuyb

Tell us what block you want to get around. Otherwise it's hard to help.

Posted by goku262003

its like a pron blocker only its blocks sites like VGchat as well. the LAUSD block if anyone knows it.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Use a proxy server to get past the block, changing your IP address wont help.
In IE:
Tools>Internet Settings>Connections>LAN Settings>Use a proxy server>Enter one of the public proxies.
In Firefox:
Tools>Options>General>Connection Settings>Manual proxy configuration>Enter proxy server address.
Public proxies:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=public+proxies

Posted by Lacaran

Change your NIC address, 95% of ISPs set your IP based on them.

Posted by higbvuyb

Wrong. He said he wants to get around a block. Changing his IP won't do anything.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Goku262003]I am not a hacker.
Hence why I used the word "pretending".

Posted by gamma_sponge

Quoting Hyper:
Hey, anyone heard of my Evil Ban hack? *oscar*

What is the "Evil Ban Hack", does it involve marshmallow peeps (since they are the root of all evil)?