Bungie "No Ai's in halo 3 multiplayer".

Posted by lanzer

[URL="http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15268"]here[/URL]

The jist of it:

[QUOTE]In recent weeks we

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Haven't touched Halo 3 (or any other FPS outside of Resistance, for that matter) since CoD4 came out. So I guess it doesn't bother me too much.

Really, though. I don't like bots. They get too predictable and stupid. Always more fun to play with other people.

Posted by #061402

Predictable and stupid? You try playing Perfect Dark with highest level bots!

And I'd actually prefer bots. Playing online with pre-pubescent, delusional Master Chief-wannabes is not something I'll gladly do.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I still have Perfect Dark. The AI was a joke.

And the kids can be annoying at times, but that's what mute was invented for.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why play bots when you can play 12 year old wankers instead

Posted by Skitzo Control

Bots are predictable. Don't tell me that PD bots WEREN'T, because they so were. They "knew" where you were going to spawn, they were perfect shots, and so forth. They were predictable, but since they were so "good," that's all that made them difficult. I prefer playing against people so much more. :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Bots are awesome though. Sometimes I don't want to get online but still play multiplayer. And that's where bots come in! Plus, I don't know if you realise this, but human players are incredibly predictable.

Posted by Shade

Man when I first got Nightfire for PS2 all those years ago I played against high level bots for hours. So much fun.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;877216]Bots are awesome though. Sometimes I don't want to get online but still play multiplayer. And that's where bots come in! Plus, I don't know if you realise this, but human players are incredibly predictable.Eh... I dunno. You've played me before, right? I don't understand most games, especially the strategy, I just do my own thing and try to "outsmart" my opponents by doing things weird, random, and unpredictable. And I'll be damned if it actually works. Just ask Cats and Soul about our days in H2. :)

Being unpredictable = most predictable thing you can do.

Plus, the majority of players in any given game are both easier and more predictable than any high level bot I've played against.

Posted by #061402

Human players are predictable because they'll always try to find and shoot you. :cookie:

Or, you know, by following the same path and attacking from the from front and choosing to do the same thing over and over, wait around in the same spot after getting a few kills, going back to the same spot after getting killed and so on. One out of every ten players won't do any of that. They'll actually try and flank and move after every couple of kills. But you won't run into them incredibly often. That might explain why the average KDR falls between zero and low ones.

Predictable!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I loved playing UT2004 against bots. Mainly because you had supreme authority when it came to vehicles. They'd be forced out every time I wanted the super tank or the jet.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;877240]Being unpredictable = most predictable thing you can do.

Plus, the majority of players in any given game are both easier and more predictable than any high level bot I've played against.
But in your next post, you pretty much posted exactly the opposite of what I do. I RARELY go to one spot over and over (often times, in CoD4, it's because I can't remember how to get there!), I move almost immediately after every kill, and rarely camp. I play every FPS the same way, and it actually works out rather well for me. Of course, I'm not very good at CoD4 simply because I'm not good, not because of a predictability. :(

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Or, you know, by following the same path and attacking from the from front and choosing to do the same thing over and over, wait around in the same spot after getting a few kills, going back to the same spot after getting killed and so on. One out of every ten players won't do any of that. They'll actually try and flank and move after every couple of kills. But you won't run into them incredibly often. That might explain why the average KDR falls between zero and low ones.

Predictable!

Boldly trying to attack from an obvious killzone is not awesome? No, you're probably right. But it's always fun to up your own kill count by playing against such players. :cool:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Skitzo Control;877549]But in your next post, you pretty much posted exactly the opposite of what I do. I RARELY go to one spot over and over (often times, in CoD4, it's because I can't remember how to get there!), I move almost immediately after every kill, and rarely camp. I play every FPS the same way, and it actually works out rather well for me. Of course, I'm not very good at CoD4 simply because I'm not good, not because of a predictability. :(you're not in line with the majority of ONLINE GAYMORS though

i always find it hilarious that my little cousin has an MLG avatar on xbl to go with his 0.71 KPD on COD4

Posted by cool gamer dad

lol

i'm so stupid that it translates into unpredictability. like 'wow, who the **** does that lol'

Quoted post: But in your next post, you pretty much posted exactly the opposite of what I do. I RARELY go to one spot over and over (often times, in CoD4, it's because I can't remember how to get there!), I move almost immediately after every kill, and rarely camp. I play every FPS the same way, and it actually works out rather well for me. Of course, I'm not very good at CoD4 simply because I'm not good, not because of a predictability.

So? 98% of online players do exactly what I said.

Quoted post: i'm so stupid that it translates into unpredictability. like 'wow, who the **** does that lol'

Constantly rushing blindly into every situation. No one expects it.

Posted by JPolito830

Ehh I havent played Halo since Halo 2...I dont really care if there is AI or not.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=The X;877620]you're not in line with the majority of ONLINE GAYMORS though

i always find it hilarious that my little cousin has an MLG avatar on xbl to go with his 0.71 KPD on COD4I think my KDR is about that low, too. I'm overall pretty bad at CoD4, I just can't help it. :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

Just play some more, and then suddenly everything will make sense and you'll start kicking major ***.

If my stats didn't reset every time I got off, I'd be hovering around a 2.0 K/D ratio easy. :[

Yeah, after a couple weeks of serious playing it'll suddenly click. Cats used to be pretty bad, and now he's always at the top of the list. I mean, if you're good at halo there's no reason you shouldn't be awesome at CoD since it's a much easier game to be good at.

Posted by Skitzo Control

My biggest problem is I'm WAY conservative, and I can't help but stick with that. In Halo (1,2,3), I almost always have the last deaths of the match, and although not the most kills, I almost always have a decent KDR. I played a couple games of CoD4 the other day (by the way, any way to track your stats, like in H3?), and did nearly the same thing, still coming out somewhat positive, but not ***ly. I don't know, it's just not for me. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Playing conservative in COD4 works too. Just chilling in a common house with your claymores and a silencer usually nets you a bunch of ninja kills.

Quoted post: (by the way, any way to track your stats, like in H3?),

What's in the Barracks is all there is. Score, KDR, Accuracy, Wins, Weapons stats.

And playing conservative isn't a good idea unless you're really good at it. You need to find the right balance. For me, I run around outside getting a few kills until one leads me into a building. Then I hold that building until it gets too hot and repeat the process from building to building. Works like a charm. You can't be still for too long and you don't want to be constantly moving.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;879627]What's in the Barracks is all there is. Score, KDR, Accuracy, Wins, Weapons stats.

And playing conservative isn't a good idea unless you're really good at it. You need to find the right balance. For me, I run around outside getting a few kills until one leads me into a building. Then I hold that building until it gets too hot and repeat the process from building to building. Works like a charm. You can't be still for too long and you don't want to be constantly moving.
It's worked alright so far, once I kinda got into it. I boosted my KDR to nearly positive. :p

what, camping? One would hope you're going at least positive.

Posted by Skitzo Control

No, not camping, playing conservative. I'm going positive almost every game, and actually hitting some decent scores (almost all of my games I go about +15, lately, with single-digit deaths). Of course, I only play Merc. TD because I gots no ones to play wif.:(

TD is easier to play than Merc. It's true.

And I should get back on cod.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

When is the World at War beta due? Wanna get in on that ****

october

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

new halo 3 achievements coming out.... are they serious with the ones worth zero points?? They better unlock new armor pieces at least!!

They're pretty lame achievements to begin with. All on the new maps. Which cost money. And suck.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Maybe the maps will eventually be free. :) Then we can download crap with no charge!

They better be free. Only halo maps that don't become so otherwise. Plus, they suck too much for money.