Tropic Thunder

Posted by Noir

Wow. A comedy that was actually funny. I'd never thought that I would see the day!
Personally, I thought it was great. Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr, Brandon T. Jackson, and even (possible spoiler) [COLOR="DimGray"]Tom Cruise[/COLOR] were absolutely delicious, and worked wonderfully together. RDJ's Kirk Lazarus' Osiris was great, and had me gasping and thinking, "No he DI-IN'T!!" several times, and the running joke on retardation proved the movie even more fearless than I first thought.
Though some might have found it a bit long, I personally didn't want it to end.
You-know-who's gag-inducing happy dance at the ending credits was a wonderful way to end it all.
In short, I absolutely adored it, and will probably see it again tomorrow.
Kudos to your comeback, RDJ! You now have my respect.

Posted by Corrupt

I didn't think it was an absolute riot, but I certainly enjoyed it quite a bit. Everything from the characters of Les Grossman and "Alpa Chino" to Jack Black's heroin withdrawl adventures to "Simple Jack" were great. I definitely recommend watching Apocalypse Now first so you'll be able to catch the frequent references throughout; it's a spoof of that movie much in the same way that Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story was a spoof of Walk the Line. But that's a whole 'nother ballpark. Also, be sure to keep an eye out for the "previews" preceding the movie. TRY SOME O' THAT BOOTY SWEAT BEEITCH

Needless to say, it muh-muh-muh-made me happy.

Posted by O.T.L

it was allright, It had me laughing hard once.

"[spoiler]I'll suck your cock if you let me go.[/spoiler]"

Posted by strahanned

Don't think I've ever laughed that hard at an opening to a movie. COMPLETELY unexpected, and absolutely brilliant.

"Load n Lock"

Posted by O.T.L

LOL, yeah that was funny.

Booty sweat lol

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Noir;876749](possible spoiler)

[URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942385/fullcredits#cast"]Not really..[/URL]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't recall laughing, but I'm pretty certain I smiled from beginning to end.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I don't like Ben Stiller much, same with Jack Black. I'll wait till video.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Iron Koala;878128]I don't like Ben Stiller much, same with Jack Black. I'll wait till video.

Ditto.. all three major points, ditto..

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'll probably at least rent it because I DO like Jack Black.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

you never go full re-tard!!

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;878122]I don't recall laughing, but I'm pretty certain I smiled from beginning to end.

This.

It dragged on for way too long in a lot of places where it was probably meant to be funny but wasn't.

Posted by Fate

I'M A DUDE PLAYING A DUDE DISGUISED AS ANOTHER DUDE

That line was actually pretty funny, but it was ruined because I had already seen it a thousand times in the commercials. :(

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

downey stole the show as far as i'm concerned. i was going to say 'he's been doing that a lot lately' but then i realised how few movies he's actually been in

either way it was entertaining, but the advertisements obviously spoiled every joke. was surprised to see that it ended up being tom cruise under the fat suit, but i'm sure enough people guessed that during the movie or from reading something online

To tell the truth, it hadn't even occurred to me, although I thought that I recognized his nose for most of the movie and kept wondering, "Who the hell is that?"

Posted by Shade

Recognized him right away. I didn't know it was supposed to be a secret.

Posted by Foppy D

I want to see this movie because there is such an uproar because apaprently the word "retard" is used liberally.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

This isn't the first time Mr. Downey Jr. acts with a fake Australian accent... check out his "cameo-ish" role in the 90's flick Natural Born Killers!!

Posted by Fate

Quoting Foppy D: I want to see this movie because there is such an uproar because apaprently the word "retard" is used liberally.

Yep. Stiller's character had a bad movie called "Simple Jack" where he played a retard. But he went "full retard" in that movie... Just watch it.

Posted by RadioStatic

I expected more from the film it was up and down could have been better. It did have funny moments and the funny moments were great. I loved Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting RadioStatic: I expected more from the film it was up and down could have been better. It did have funny moments and the funny moments were great. I loved Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr.

It did have funny moments and the funny moments were great. I loved Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr.

I loved Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr.

I loved Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

Hmm.

Anyway, yes I gotta see this flick. Thinking of d/l'ing it.