Need a little help

Posted by The Judge

So I download American McGee's Alice for my computer because I've been wanting to play it. I get it on BitTorrent, and that's all well and good. I open the folder and see there's an "AliceA" and "AliceB" disk.

I run Daemon Tools, run AliceA, and it brings up the install menu. Okay, install it. Halfway through instillation, it says to "switch CD's" so I run AliceB, and it goes hunky-dorey.

Alright, so it's installed. F[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck the ReadMe. I go to play. The screen that says "Alice" in crooked letters comes up, and then a notice pops up that says "Please insert CD."

I figure "Oh, duh, I'm running AliceB, which is just an instillation disk." So I switch Daemon Tools to run AliceA (and point at my tower and laugh, saying "what do you know?"). I start up the game again, and this time, I think I've got it made, since the Alice screen is lasting longer, but then I get the same error message, "Please insert CD, click OK, then restart program."

So now, I need help. I don't have a blank CD right now (though I shall soon), and I want to know how to get the game to run, since I'm by no means a pro at all this BitTorrent stuff. I don't want to know your opinions about the game, I just want help on how to get it to run.

Posted by Stalolin

It's looking in the D: drive for it.

You're gonna need a CD.

Some games search the D: drive, some don't. You're just unlucky.

Posted by Ant

haha faggot

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Get the no-cd crack for it.

Posted by Ant

THAT'S what they were called. cracks.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Ant;876829]THAT'S what they were called. cracks.

ant is a saltine

Posted by cool gamer dad

she only sees me

havin hella G's

Posted by The Judge

Would someone be oh-so-f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking-gracious enough to actually PROVIDE me with a crack? I'm far too stupid to figure it out on my own.

Posted by Stalolin

Try this: http://www.darkfall.demon.co.uk/fallen/games/alice/crack0.htm

It might be a virus, so scan it before you unzip it.

If it's not then just replace that .exe with the one you've got.

Posted by The Judge

It worked. Much thanks.