Nintendo Gets Sued Again

Posted by Degeneration

[quote]Hillcrest Labs today announced that it has filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission and a separate patent infringement suit in the U.S. District Court in Maryland against Nintendo over the Wii console. The patents in question deal with handheld pointing devices and a TV navigation interface display system. Hillcrest claims to have 29 patents in the area of pointing and motion-control technology for interacting with digital media on television.

"Leading consumer electronics companies, not all of whom have been disclosed publicly, have already licensed Hillcrest's technology for use in their products," reads the release by Hillcrest. "While Hillcrest Labs has a great deal of respect for Nintendo and the Wii, Hillcrest Labs believes that Nintendo is in clear violation of its patents and has taken this action to protect its intellectual property rights. Given the current status of the filings, the company will not disclose any additional details about the matter at this time."

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/wii-hit-with-another-patent-lawsuit/

I think I'll sue Nintendo next. What for? I dunno.

Posted by Iris

You know those wristbands that come on the Wii Remote? Yeah, Nintendo wasn't the first to invent wristbands either. ****ing copycats.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I think everyone who was familiar with the last case knew there would be more like it in the future, considering the judge ruled against Nintendo.

The flood gates were opened, a dumb move considering it's now taken presidence for all these new cases to do the same exact thing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

eh. goes hand-in-hand with success.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Wiimote = works = sued.

Powerglove = lol = wtf is a powerglove?

Posted by #061402

in b4 Nintendo bankruptcy.

Posted by JPolito830

So how many times has Nintendo been sued? It has to be over 1,000 right?

Quoted post: in b4 Nintendo bankruptcy.

Impossible at this point.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Impossible at this point.

At this point, yeah. It was more of a joke. But if people start suing just because they know there's a high probability that they'll win, it'll go faster than Greased Lightning!

It would be amusing to see at least.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Grenade Grasshopper: wtf is a powerglove?

It's so bad.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Prince Shondronai;876888]
I love the powerglove.

It's so bad.

fix'd

Posted by Speedfreak

...that doesn't make sense and isn't even funny.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[youtube=nCEsLHNT0Bc]nCEsLHNT0Bc[/youtube]

Posted by Speedfreak

Ah, right then. As you were.

Posted by Vasioth

I didn't even know people would sue over something so retarded... I wonder what'll be next.

And btw what Movie is that clip from? I've seen it before, doesn't it have the kid from Home Alone as the actor in it or something? I think so anyhow... =\

Quoted post: I didn't even know people would sue over something so retarded... I

THIS IS AMERICA.

Posted by Shade

Kid breaks nose on playground.

Mom sues city because rails were too hard to see. You know, with eyes. Claims injury ruins child's modeling career.

Mom gets two million dollars.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Robber breaks into person's home.

Robber trips over table in the dark, breaking his leg.

Robber sues home owner and wins.

More likely would be the robber getting beaten with a bat and then suing the home owner for physical abuse.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Can't alter what actually happened.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: More likely would be the robber getting beaten with a bat and then suing the home owner for physical abuse.

I think I heard some story like that, where a burglar claimed the home owner had beaten him within an inch of his life when he'd entered the house (by breaking a window, mind you) looking for his cat, and got his *** beaten up by the guy who lived there, or something like that. And he won, too.

Land of opportunities indeed!

Yeah. When a cop came into my highschool back when to run down the typical laws and whatnot that's one of the stories he brought up. Not the cat business, but that if some dude is taking your TV you have to let him take it, or risk getting sued!

Posted by #061402

I'd just counter-attack and sue him for stealing my TV.

Would probably lose, but it's the effort that matters!

Posted by Shade

Only in America.

Posted by WillisGreeny

What is really sick is some people make a living just on law suits; not just with one big settlement, but a long series of cases. 60 Minutes did a story about this one women (which happens to be her own lawyer, naturally) who kept suing her neighbors as her only source of income. One neighbor she sued had been for bouncing a basket ball at 5:00 PM. Another was sued for having made a stream of water along the road(resulting from the neighbor having washed their car that day) and getting her drive way wet.

Sick motha-****ers.

american hero

Posted by Yash

I tripped over a Wii and sprained my ankle.

Money in the bank!

Posted by WillisGreeny

I tripped over my own foot and the Wii just stood there and did nothing.

Then, I turned the wii on and it called me fat.

SUE!