Epic faggot and Guitar Hero.

Posted by Fate

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/101746

Seriously. Seriously.

Posted by inequity

well, the kid apparently posted an explanation here (last post on page 6):

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71726&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

can't be positive its really him or not but you can be the judge of that.

Posted by Zaith

This kid Straight up ****es me off. Not only for being a person who is quitting school because he's tired (which is what he says) who the **** likes school I have to wake up a 6 in the morning every ya don't hear me complaining he supposedly got hit by a car...and does that mean every time you walk anywhere you'll be hit by a car NO!!! I too have had the misfortune of being hit by a car (the ******* didn't even stop) I still walk all over the place simply because gas if ****in expensive. And one of the last reasons he ****es me off "If I am going to keep getting home schooled I will be taking classes at Wake Tech that teach you how to make video games.

I have a back up plan people and no I didn't drop out to play Guitar Hero."
Really your back up plan is just about every other Geek's (including mine) back up plan so with all of us trying to get the jobs do you really think its that safe of a second career (Personally I'm going for my business degree)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sounds to me like he didn't drop out just to play Guitar Hero. Media sensationalizes yet again!

e: i am disguted omg a person whoi isnt chassin welth n status

Posted by Skitzo Control

...So a kid drops out of school, no big deal. Like The X pointed out, he more than likely did it because he just couldn't cut it, not to play GH. Of course, as I have pointed out numerous times to people, gaming CAN be a very lucrative career, even if you're playing Guitar Hero. I will say that the kid needs a lot of luck, because as long as [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GpRJItqjw]this guy[/url] is playing in tournies, he doesn't stand a chance.

Posted by JPolito830

I hope they do a follow up story on this next year sometime to see how he is fairing in the Guitar Hero world.

Posted by Fate

Personally, I think he's too young to make that decision. Also, just because it CAN be a lucrative career doesn't mean he will make it so. There are some really tough gamers out there that would destroy him.

I'm going to agree with Zaith, here. His backup plan is also very unrealistic, because not just any dude who plays games all day can be in the industry. You have to dedicate yourself to that kind of job. He's making it sound like it's so easy. Playing games =/= making them. That's like slapping the face of people like my boyfriend who are actually in the industry, working hard day and night just to make the game work. What a douchebag.

He also said that he doesn't want to work at a job he hates just so he can buy stuff he doesn't want or something. ***, there are so many people that work jobs they hate just so they can pull through at the time until they are ready to dedicate their life to a career (like me). He's a stupid kid that doesn't know any better.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GRRRRR **** KIDS AND THEIR NAIVETY

Posted by Fate

His parents are also to blame.

Posted by Klarth

The main reason this little shite makes my blood boil is that he had a wonderful situation going for him already. Five afternoons and two whole free days per week is more than enough for him to sink into his pathetic hobby. That kind of free time was an inconceivable luxury throughout my school days.

The parents should have only let him go through with his moronic pipe dream under the condition of leaving home.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I dropped out of both highschool AND university for no particular reason at all. So dropping out for any reason is pretty much an improvement over the vast majority of drop-outs these days. So what, he dropped out. He'll realise it was a mistake and finish his education like everyone else.

Posted by S

You know what's even funnier than the kid? The comments at the bottom of the story.

Posted by Iris

"...Mike and Hunter Peebles."

Oh, that explains why he's ****ed up. 2 dads.

Posted by Zaith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I dropped out of both highschool AND university for no particular reason at all. So dropping out for any reason is pretty much an improvement over the vast majority of drop-outs these days. So what, he dropped out. He'll realise it was a mistake and finish his education like everyone else.

Not everyone realizes there mistakes and for some one who dropped out because he was tired in the mornings and school was hard not sure thats gonna happen. Yes and the people who don't realize said mistake become hobos or work a mc-job for the rest of there life.

Posted by WillisGreeny

First off, if the person doesn't ever realize there mistake, then it really doesn't matter. Ignorance is bliss.

Second off, there are plenty of paths for those without education to make it in life without becoming a hobo, or working McDonalds. That kind of bull **** logic has been constantly shoveled down by education administrators in an attempt to motivate kids to stay in school, which is just a scare tactic. You aren't instantly doomed to roam the Earth as a complete loser. Construction, manufacturing, repair, retail, military, and custodian jobs are available to those with limited education. And if the kid wants a HS diploma later in life he can just get his GED.

The difference in getting an education and not all comes down to choices for later in life. If you love digging ditchs, then guess what! You don't really need an education to do that for a living. Pray you still love doing it 10 years later, which is the kicker.

Posted by Fate

With that being said, this kid obviously doesn't want the manual labor jobs. I'm honestly offended that he looks at making games as a backup job, like it's an easy fallback or something.

Posted by WillisGreeny

With absolutely no background in computer engineering, artist design, or just the video game industry's development process in general, he's pretty **** stupid to think he has any chance. He probably thinks video games are made using RPG-maker like programs or something, which he's in for a big fukken surprise if that's the case. I've used some engines like Dark Matter and have scripted just some of the nuts and bolts with C# for some of my game ideas, and let me just say, that **** is incredibly time consuming and sensitive to the smallest errors. Some of the silliest things pop out of no where to cause big problems, and it's not like there's a "chipset" issue; more like having a bad vector collision, which then distorts my mesh during rendering inwhich it creats an ugly artifact on my mesh, which then conflicts with my sub-rutine for movement, and then turning all me aligned textures black...Which I think was completely bull ****...why the hell would my textures decide to change because of my alignme--
Anyway yeah, This kid completely disrespects Big Boss and his talents.

Posted by Fate

I hardly even see my boyfriend anymore. Too busy making games. :(

Posted by WillisGreeny

...and then a sensative topic reveals itself amongst the craziness. :amy:

Tell him to quit and play Guitar Hero. Apparently you can make $25,000, and then land a really cool job making video games without having to work too hard.

Posted by Fate

He's sooooo okay with a crappy little $25k.

Quoted post: Not everyone realizes there mistakes and for some one who dropped out because he was tired in the mornings and school was hard not sure thats gonna happen. Yes and the people who don't realize said mistake become hobos or work a mc-job for the rest of there life.

Hahaha. Someone's been listening to their teachers too much.

Posted by Zaith

This kid complains about school being to tiring let alone actual manual labor

He's sixteen. Maybe you don't realise this because you're basically the same age but your focus and your goals shift quite a bit once you mature.

Posted by WillisGreeny

We all have that little crackhead addiction to money inside all of us that eventually brings us to the verg of sucking dick for a pay check.

Beyond that we have a tendency to care what people think and try to avoid shame and, you know, growing up to be a hobo. And since getting your high school diploma is incredibly easy to get no matter your age he'll eventually get around to it. I mean, ****, I finished my grade 11 through online courses and that was around six years ago.

Posted by WillisGreeny

With grade inflation the way it is in the states, High schools practically throw diplomas at kids who just know their names. In many ways, HS really was just a mandatory house arrest for 7 1/2 hours.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He gets homeschooling and is returning to school next year. Did you guys read the article, or do you just see HRRRR HE IS NOT GETTING AN EDUCATION HOW DARE HE ASPIRE TO SOMETHING WHILE I AM HERE WORKING HARD!!!!!

It almost sounds like you're jealous of this kid.

[quote]mc-jobdude that term has no relevancy outside of social studies class
[quote][COLOR=#99cccc] Anyway yeah, This kid completely disrespects Big Boss and his talents.[/COLOR][COLOR=#99cccc][COLOR=Silver]ok what the ****[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Did you guys read the article

Hahaha.

Though I read the kotaku article, just totally forgot he was getting homeschooled. WOOO INTERNET CLASSES

Posted by Fate

I read he was getting home schooled and that wasn't my point. My point was that he thinks making games is a FALLBACK job, like, if playing games for a living doesn't work out he can just dabble around in college courses and make games when he graduates. Being a real game designer is something you do for years, like coming up with ideas and **** and figuring out your own mechanics. It's expensive, it's time-consuming, and it's not something you take lightly. This kid is a bastard for making it sound like a secondary job. It's like saying if professional gaming doesn't work, he could be a doctor if he wanted.

Posted by Zaith

I read the article I even read his ****ing response to the article pretty much every thing I've said about him in my first rant came from what he said in his response to the article because unlike a lot of people I don't just shoot my mouth off without knowing the facts and in response to this High school immaturity bull**** I'm graduating this year and having 2 older siblings and knowing alot of people who already graduated I also know quite a few people who quit high school because it was to hard and they didn't need it for what they wanted. So once and for all Age does not dictate Maturity thank you.

Posted by Fate

It sometimes does, but probably not so much at his age.

Posted by Zaith

once people hit 14 15 there's a huge range of maturity difference

Posted by O.T.L

I'm pretty sure high school is around 7 hours long to stop kids from roaming around streets and so they can stay out of trouble. They pass you if they think your a nice person.

This kid is dumb, its like saying if he can't make it as a pro gamer his fall back plan is a pro basketball star or that he'll win the lottery.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I really dont see why anyone would get so worked up over this kid dropping out. So what? Its not your life, let him ruin his if he wants. ****, one less person to compete against.

Life is a competition. If the other players are willing to take themselves out, I'm sure as **** not gonna stop them.

Quoted post: once people hit 14 15 there's a huge range of maturity difference

The majority of kids under 20 are amazingly immature, however. Always exceptions, but kids are immature, plain and simple. Age has a lot to do with it.

Posted by Iris

Age tends to be directly related to experience.

PLAY LONGER TO GET MORE EXP!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: Life is a competition. If the other players are willing to take themselves out, I'm sure as **** not gonna stop them.

While I'm inclined to agree, it's mildly depressing to hear that parents would actually cave when their kidiot son whined about dropping out of school to play video games. And maybe win some free Burger King. Are people completely lacking in the spine department or what?

Yes. Parents want to be friends, not parents.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Zaith;876046]I read the article I even read his ****ing response to the article pretty much every thing I've said about him in my first rant came from what he said in his response to the article because unlike a lot of people I don't just shoot my mouth off without knowing the facts and in response to this High school immaturity bull**** I'm graduating this year and having 2 older siblings and knowing alot of people who already graduated I also know quite a few people who quit high school because it was to hard and they didn't need it for what they wanted. So once and for all Age does not dictate Maturity thank you.

Was this post suppose to prove you're mature or something, as a testament to every kid in your age group??? :rolleyes:

Frankly, you're the main reason I was thrown off completely about what was going on, so don't pat yourself on the back just yet. You were the one who first brought up the kid "dropping out", Mr. "check-the-facts".

[quote=Zaith;875099]This kid Straight up ****es me off. Not only for being a person who is quitting school

Quitting school and getting home schooled are not the same thing. And to further the confusion you say:

[quote=Zaith;875772]Not everyone realizes there mistakes and for some one who dropped out because he was tired in the mornings and school was hard not sure thats gonna happen. Yes and the people who don't realize said mistake become hobos or work a mc-job for the rest of there life.

What are you talking about? You sound like someone who's talking about a person dropping out of all schools, not someone talking about a kid opting for home schooling.

I completely blame you for everyone's confusion about the article.
@The X: I'm surprised you found that line to be so ****ed-up compared to the rest of that post. Change the word talent to dedication...or is that still too much sucking ***?

Posted by Nazo

Eh...
[quote=the guy who wants to be PRO at GH] I am going to be a success in my eyes whether I make it or try as hard as I can and fail. There aren't enough people that could tell me I am a retard or this is the wrong decision to change my mind. I don't want to keep going on and not following this dream and regretting it. I want to at least try
I think the kid's been watching a bit too much Naruto.

BELIEVE IT!

I'll give him courage; but courage alone will not bring success. He sounds like a kid with a lot of devotion and determination, but what does he know? He's young, and like Vamp said, "He'll soon realize his mistake."

But hey, if he makes it, I will applaud him. Hands down.

Posted by Zaith

First of you can't ****ing blame me for people ****ing misinterpretation of the story, they can read it themselves, how could I throw you off if you read the story and his response. There for **** off.
Secondly he did quit high school to be home schooled he dropped out meaning he no longer attends it, there for I am right *******, he quit and some of the reasons he gave for quitting were he was tired, he isn't well liked, and he was struggling in class.

High school isn't just classes its an experience in you life which is supposed to help your people skills. Yes some people use it to be *******s to other people that is called real life see some people won't like you big shock, I know.

And to answer you no that isn't supposed to be "a to every kid in your age group???" I get tired of everyone thinking that because I haven't graduated I'm some immature little prick. I've lived through a lot I've seen bad things happen to good people, I've helped people through some bad situations. So know I may not be the most experienced person in the world and yes people of my age tend to be immature but not everyone my age is just like not all adults are mature.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Zaith;876212]First of you can't ****ing blame me for people ****ing misinterpretation of the story, they can read it themselves, how could I throw you off if you read the story and his response. There for **** off.

**** off? Ok! Hope the rest of the rant wasn't directed at me since you don't want me to read it, nor do I give a ****. :D

Quoted post: Secondly he did quit high school to be home schooled he dropped out meaning he no longer attends it, there for I am right *******,

Dropping out usually means you're not getting educated. Period. it would've saved confusion to say exactly what you meant, ie "he dropped out of high school to get home schooling" which is pretty different than "he dropped out" with no mention of any other type of schooling, especially when that's a big factor of the argument.

Quoted post: High school isn't just classes its an experience in you life which is supposed to help your people skills. Yes some people use it to be *******s to other people that is called real life see some people won't like you big shock, I know.

By the time you reach high school you should already have people skills. High school is preparation for university and the workforce. Working around and with people is still a factor, but not nearly as much as elementary. So in that sense being in classes isn't really necessary.

Quoted post: And to answer you no that isn't supposed to be "a to every kid in your age group???" I get tired of everyone thinking that because I haven't graduated I'm some immature little prick. I've lived through a lot I've seen bad things happen to good people, I've helped people through some bad situations. So know I may not be the most experienced person in the world and yes people of my age tend to be immature but not everyone my age is just like not all adults are mature.

Might wanna start typing like a big boy then, is what he was trying to get at I believe! As for the last bit most adults are mature and most children are immature. Simple. Exceptions exist, but the majority are such.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I wonder if he's even any good. Can he get 90% plus on In the Fire and Flames on expert? Probably not.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Actually, AA, his parents own Play n' Trade, a gaming store in North Carolina and one in Virginia, and they have held weekly tournies. Every single one the kid has played in he has blown the competition out of the water, getting consistent full comboes or 98%+ scores. Not that it really matters, because iamchris4life still plays, and if he ever competes, the kid's going down.