Wii

Posted by Alta

Now. before i say anything, i would like the fanboys throughout to hear me out. i am a fanboy myself, but of something good, and based in my country. (i don't live there, but i am syrian.) anyway. my thoughts on the wii are as follows, and before you stop reading mid-post, let me explain, and you will find it grounded in fact. the wii as far as i know has no cd, or dvd playback built in to it. which is rather pitiful since a ps1 could play cd's and a ps2 could play dvds. they are working on that. graphics :SuCk. oh my wacko, horrible the ps2 was better. and they call it a next gen system! motion sensor: fun sometimes, but rather inaccurate, and annoying compared to controllers. games: there are none. sequals to fanboy favorites (i.e. Mario, Zelda, Metriod) which i like all of those but there is hardly anything new. Hardware: let me put it this way gamecube+motion-sensing=WII! all in all it is a good system...for 5 years ago. but they bring nothing new, and survive off of a subtle difference (i.e. small discs for the gamecube, and motion sensing) i think that they have the potential to be a good company but they blow they're money making sh!tty stuff like the Wii and DS. i mean is that supposed to compete w/ the PSP? the SNES, gameboy, and N64 were great i love them, but they don't make quality stuff anymore. disagree w/ me all you want, but it's the truth. free wireless internet is cool, but the PS3 has a browser 3 times as good. heII the iPhone has better internet.

i bashed it a lot but tell me your thoughts. and if i am wrong about anything, tell me, for i do not own one. i am not that stupid.

Posted by Arcadios

>Fanboy

Posted by maian

lol

Funny how you say the DS can't "compete" with the PSP, as the DS is raping the PSP upside down in sales. It's selling like what, twice as many units? The DS is OWNING the PSP. If you think technical-wise it can't compete, that may be true. However, the DS has enough perks to rise above that. So many phenomenal games, decent 3D, dual screens, reverse compatibility etc

As for the Wii, meh. The graphics are a whole lot better than the PS2, that's undoubtable. I also really lol'd when you said it offers "nothing new". Let's see what the other systems have that's "new".

Hmm...

-SLIGHTLY better graphics
-...More memory?
-Blu-Ray?

THAT'S ABOUT IT LOL

The 360 and PS3 seem more like X-box 1.5 and PS2.5. They're just upgrades of the last one. Instead of doing that, Nintendo created an entirely new way to control and play games. So what's newer? Also, the Gamecube wasn't "surviving" off of small discs. That was just the format the games happened to be on. Pretty much the only thing that seperated the GC from the others was the lack of DVD playback. Even the graphics were pretty much as good as PS2.

And regarding the Wii's internet browser, I like it. :cookie: If I had the choice between PS3's and Wii's, I would choose Wii's. Why? It's a lot faster, the Wiimote is essentially a mouse, and it's just way more user friendly. Every time I use the Wii's browser and then try using the PS3's, I feel like the PS3's is clunky and inefficient.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of hate Nintendo right now. The Wii's cool and all, but they've forgotten their core gamers. The Wii has POTENTIAL to be a great system. Is it right now? Absolutely not. So even though I think the Wii is doing crappy right now as well, nothing in your post really made sense at all. :cool:

Posted by Alta

i think i made perfect sense, but it's obvious that you like Nintendo, and i don't. and that's ok. that's the glory of opinion.

oh i have one question. it's just a hunch, but Do you like DragonForce?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Instead of doing that, Nintendo created an entirely new way to control and play games.

Only problem is Nintendo is the only one creating those games. At this point it comes down to: what do you want: Games or a new way to control games? because you can't have both.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Your favorite game is Assassin's Creed. All opinions you have are null and void.

Posted by Klarth

I'm not going to read your post

It's a consumer electronics product

I like fun

Get pubes

Posted by Speedfreak

Nice intro to the site man, it was very kind of you to let us know you're pitifully stupid before we get to know you.

Posted by Alta

ok i am a bit of a fanboy myself. i love assassin's creed. it was easy as heII but it was amazing. and i know it's dumb to criticize nintendo, because it's the last thing you want to hear. i wouldn't like someone criticizing the 360, because i am a 360 fanboy. but the thing is there is nothing to criticize. if you guys want to criticize that to make yourselves feel better, then go ahead. ad i'll respond to your threads. you know why i did it? to see who all of those fanboys i was talking about, were. it would be like going to an anime convention and making fun of dargonball z. i know it's stupid but, (a.) i wouldn't be caught dead at a anime convention. and (b.) i wanted to see the responses, which i knew would primarily be people who like nintendo. it's on the WII forum for wacko sake. i was negative about it, but if you campare it to the 360, ps3, or even pc there are some obvious flaws. i'm saying this with all of the neutrality i can. the wii appeals to more audiences, it has done some innovative things w/ the motion-sensing, and the free internet is pretty chill. but if you look at from an open point of view you see that it isn't the system (hardware-wise) as the other two. i just feel that they are not putting all they can into anything they do.they can make a console just as good as the 360 or ps3.....but they don't. i just wonder why they would purposefully hold themselves back. and all i am saying is they hold themselves back in every aspect. or maybe they can't make a better system. but i'd be happy to hear all of your responses. not really, but at least some of you might understand where i am coming from.

oh and my first name is Alta

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Who are you talking to? Seriously.

Posted by Alta

i think it's funnier that you felt so passionate about it that you de-repped me. whatever. i could give a wacko if you opened your eyes to your wacko system or not. i don't even know you. so keep playing your wii, and buy the next 5 mario games. i really don't care.

oh and i'm TALKING to all of the nintendo fanboys. b

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO, I HAVENT EVEN REPPED YOU

Posted by Alta

unbelievable as it may seem the world DOESN'T revolve around you.

Posted by Speedfreak

I hate Nintendo harder than even the most devoted Xbox/Sony fanboy on this board. You do not have wacko on me. You are still wrong.

Posted by Alta

to each his own

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

altair why don't you go back to sitting on benches like a retard

Posted by Alta

i would just like to ask whoever sent me the "the 360 can't play cartridges" de-rep. why would it? why would it even want to? that's a nintendo/sega thing of like 10 years ago.

Posted by Alta

Quoting The X: altair why don't you go back to sitting on benches like a retard

what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Altair is 13 years old at most. Calling it now.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't hate Nintendo for no reason, I don't look for reasons to hate Nintendo, I do not enjoy hating Nintendo with other people.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Alta

Posted by Alta

i'm 17, and cd's and dvd have use. and i'm saying if they can, why not?

Posted by Speedfreak

Then kindly look in the mirror and call yourself retarded.

They didn't because it would make it cost more and it is completely unnecessary. The fact that you even picked up on the fact that it doesn't play those formats and then decided that that makes it bad speaks volumes about you.

Posted by Alta

ok........

Posted by Alta

alright fags, i have to go. i will respond to your wacking at around.....like, i don't know, but late. i gotta go somewhere, so sorry to disappoint, but i have to go. why don't you de-rep me some more while i'm gone

Posted by Speedfreak

Best new member ever.

Posted by Alta

i know right. :) thnx man

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

dear internet,
watch your backs i'm coming for you

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*sharpens internet blade*

Posted by Speedfreak

...i don't get it.

Posted by #061402

Why is he bashing Nintendo? They're not the ones making the ****ty games.

Posted by Speedfreak

Apparantly they are.

Posted by Arcadios

Thread:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

altair, i highly recommend this book:

an introduction to bottom-tier posting, by arcadios (2008 animu faggot publishing)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

with foreword by the x

Posted by Arcadios

Too busy playing Assassin's Creed, X.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[CENTER]chapter 1
how to awkwardly shoehorn 4chan memes into your posts
[/CENTER]

during my time as a poster of high quality discussion,

Posted by Arcadios

i never used capitalzes or puntuation let alone any typof corrects speeling

Posted by WillisGreeny

Altair, you're delicious.

You've taken on Vamp, The X, and Maian, which have all shared neutral feelings for all systems, and then insinuate Speedy is a fanyboy of Nintendo, even though his last few posts in other threads have been all about how Nintendo has failed. Compare the bashings at Nintendo to Xbox in this forum and you'd see there's a slight biasness in favor of the Xbox. Several members you've accuse of being Nfanyboys are actually leading the attacks against the Wii, which is what's making this hilarious. Your Nintendo bashing just sucks, it's not fanboyism. ****, Prince hasn't even found his way here yet, and he's the one true fan boy of Nintendo.

Why not complain about the 1:1 sensor coming out just now instead of at launch, or a weak showing at the last E3 conference, exc... My gawd, No dvd player is a ****ing Gamecube slam. Get over it.

Posted by Alta

i'm not accusing anyone of anything. all i have said is that I am a fanboy. ME, Altair, I. i have said that there ARE fanboys, that is all. just as i am a fanboy of assassin's creed and the 360. so i apologize to anyone who has taken offense to me "accusing" them of fanboyism. but keep sending bad rep my way. it's friggin' hilarious.

Posted by #061402

[QUOTE=Alta

Posted by Prince Shondronai

[QUOTE=Alta

Everything in this thread against Nintendo has already been said better and more intelligently by other members of this forum. Run along, please, Altair.

Posted by Linko_16

Maybe if we erupt with anger at his attacks on Nintendo, he will be satisfied and go away.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Don't understand why anyone would bother picking apart this guy's posts. Seems like an exercise similar to correcting the mistakes in a 3rd grader's essay on The Princess Diaries.

YOU DARE DEFY NINTENDO'S POWER AND STATUS AS THE BEST GAMING COMPANY IN THE WORLD? I WILL ****ING BAN YOU

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

At least with Speedfreak you can antagonize him into wasting a half hour on some huge angry tl;dr. This guy will probably just say YES I AM FANBOY, U BEST DEAL WITH IT OR I'M GONNA GO MASYAF ON YOUR ***

Posted by Alta

that^^^right above me is pure awesome. that made me laugh. go masyaf on your ***. ha. anyway, to all who have ever viewed, or will view this thread, i will let you guys in on a huge secret: i was bored and decided to fill my time w/ a forum-ish site. the one that came to mind was this one. then i made a profile, made a thread about how much i love my xbox and then became bored. what did i do there? well i don't really like nintendo, so i went on the nintendo forum and said some negative (but true whether it matters or not if if plays discs of any kind) things about it, expecting responses like #061402's, breaking down and analyzing every aspect of how i'm sooooooo wrong. and, well... i have been thoroughly entertained since. as for the rep, keep doing it, i could give a wack. my rep on this site doesn't take me anywhere, if i got a dollar for every rep point, i'd be a little more careful, but i don't care. although you guys have stopped for some reason. i don't know why. probably because i told you to keep doing it. but in the end this was meant to fill in a few rather boring hours of my life, and it succeeded. and i really don't like nintendo, that was what gave me the idea in the first place. i would have been in your shoes if any of you would have went on the 360 and said the same things, althoug it wouldn't make sense. actually i have one more question.

What (besides the three lights of death) is xbox bad at or done wrong, or just plain sucks at. in all seriousness, i want to hear. the only problem i have is that sometimes you can't rip a burned cd, and the clock i don't like either, but those are quite minor. i want to know what you guys don't l;ike about the 360 just curious.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Alta

Posted by Linko_16

1. "Get bored"
2. Troll in a Nintendo forum; repeat what has been said about the Wii a thousand times, expecting our minds to be blown.
3. "Nintendo fanboys" meet your argument at an intelligent, mature level and engage on discussion on the subject.
4. Rather than continue to support your argument, pretend you were just playing, and accuse everyone of overreacting.
5. Disillusioned, everyone just makes fun of you.
6. Call them fanboys and smugly thank them for entertaining you.

Right.

Posted by #061402

Don't forget the painful lack of grammar!

Posted by Alta

see i would retaliate if i cared, but i don't. i think that speedfreak was actually right on many accounts. here's what i think:

the gamerpic situation is pretty lame

i don't mind the button layout, in fact i like it.

i don't mind the login thing, but it is pretty lame i guess. not that much of
a problem tho

i don't have a live account so it really doesn't matter to me, although whenever i go on to download stuff it is a little frustrating

i wish you could move it while you have a disc in (that's how my burnout revenge got destroyed)

i wouldn't mind free (wireless) internet, or a browser, but again not a problem.

the wires and accessories are expensive

and the RROD is pretty lame

but i'm curious, why do you love your browser so much, but when i mention cd's you all go apesh!t about it. oh and i'm pretty sure the ps3 can't rip music onto it. but i don't really like the ps3 either. as contradictory as it may seem, YOU are the ones doing the accusing. i haven't accused anyone of anything. this is the only accusation i have made this post. an accusation of accusing me of accusing things. read every post, i have not said ONE accusatory thing. if so it is a misunderstanding, or a misjudging on your part.

and who does Linko think he is? what do you know me? are you a professional psycho-analyzer you and whats-his-face right above me (jumble of numbers which i don't care enough about to scroll up and see)

Posted by S

I'm not sure who Linko thinks he is, but he's got a pretty cool pimp hat, obviously an intelligence level several tiers above your own, and he's a real decent guy when it all boils down. You're just a troll trying to incite arguments for your own boredom.

Anywho, watch your step kid. I think it's best you don't go around insulting the S-mods, pretty much the only people who can reverse an unjustified ban on you. At this point though, the word "unjustified" is used in jest.

Posted by Alta

in fact i have looked and seen accusations against me, those being:

fanboy - true
benchsitting like a retard - false (i don't even know what that was about)
being 13 - false
i hate nintendo for no reason - false
something about a mirror and retarded - i have no clue
playing assassin's creed - false (Too Human, and Force Unleashed)
post #39 has like 20 accusations
everything #061402 has said
and linko's contribution to this thread is one big accusation

did i find me accusing anyone of anything? - NO

this will be my last post, i can give a sh!t about being banned, so i will ban myself, goodbye. be sure to say sh!t behind my back when i leave. my mission was accomplished a while ago.

Posted by Speedfreak

So what do we do with this guy, fellas? He's actually more retarded than HaloPlayingKing, but he could be reared to be a less annoying fanboy who gets his ass handed to him frequently.

Posted by Degeneration

toss his two cents into a wishing well and wait for his "ps3 is too expensive" thread?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

HE WAS ON A MISSION GUYS, SHIT WE'RE FUCKED! BE SURE WE TALK BEHIND HIS DIGITAL BACK!

Posted by #061402

[QUOTE=Alta

Posted by Degeneration

It's too late. He's already acquired your combat data. The Killbot prototypes are in Phase 2 of production.

Quoted post: The bumpers.
The ****ty D-pad.
The way the buttons are not flat, unlike every other button designed to be rapidly and regularly pressed hard in human history.
The fact that you have to create logins for your friend who just came over so you can play together, when for the past 20 years all you had to do was plug in second, third and fourth controllers.
Xbox Live being the ****hole of the internet.
The way the Microsoft points come in bundles of 2100, so you have 100 left over to spend on Really ****ing Stupid **** like pictures when it would make a lot more sense to just upload your own for free.
The fact that companies can't put old school games on Xbox Live without adding some amazingly pointless HD menu.
The way they changed the error code for newer 360s so that when they RROD they aren't actually covered by the new warranty specifically for RRODs.

whoa, whoa, whoa. A couple of those are pretty incorrect, dude. In before delete, but still.

The bumpers are pretty awesome and I've never run into a single person who has a problem with them. Same with the buttons, as the responsiveness is no different than any of the other current consoles.
You don't have to create logins, as there are guest accounts.
Xbox is only a ****hole because everyone has a mic. The PS3 really isn't any better, it's just so few people are without a mic, and even then most people online on Live rarely use their mic to begin with anymore. So problem solved.
Bundles come in a whole range of numbers. What? It's no different than Wii points.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Speedfreak;876064]So what do we do with this guy, fellas? He's actually more retarded than HaloPlayingKing, but he could be reared to be a less annoying fanboy who gets his a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s handed to him frequently.

The dogs are hungry.

I like how my post is somehow important. Maaan, that post 39 was so slanderous.

Posted by #061402

I bet you guys $20 he's still lurking about, waiting to strike.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;876135]whoa, whoa, whoa. A couple of those are pretty incorrect, dude. In before delete, but still.

The bumpers are pretty awesome and I've never run into a single person who has a problem with them. Same with the buttons, as the responsiveness is no different than any of the other current consoles.
You don't have to create logins, as there are guest accounts.
Xbox is only a ****hole because everyone has a mic. The PS3 really isn't any better, it's just so few people are without a mic, and even then most people online on Live rarely use their mic to begin with anymore. So problem solved.
Bundles come in a whole range of numbers. What? It's no different than Wii points.

Most people at work hate them. They're horrible, using the bumpers and the triggers are the same time is awkward, moving from the triggers to the bumpers is painful.
Fair enough, though you still have an acknowledge an account of some kind when every other system just automatically calls you "player 2". If that doesn't count then I counter with the amazingly sh[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tty "blade" interface. It's horrible and gives you far too many options at any one time, classic Microsoft interface design. No wonder they're changing it.
So Xbox Live is either "just as bad as PSN" or no one uses probably it's second most appealing feature. That sounds great, really.
Looking at gameplay.co.uk I see 2 points bundles, 2100 and 4200. Unless games are priced at something that divides evenly into 2100 (which would be a whole other stupid thing to complain about) there's clearly a deliberate tactic to get you to have some left over to spend on their worthless trash. It's not forcing you to buy it, no, but "not forcing you to buy it" pretty much negates any criticism you could level at any games console, so I'm gonna nitpick.

Besides, these are supposed to be minor reasons for the guy who hates the Wii because it can't play CDs. I was actually going to buy one today but I got IDed, seriously.

Posted by Kit

Quoted post: Looking at gameplay.co.uk I see 2 points bundles, 2100 and 4200. Unless games are priced at something that divides evenly into 2100 (which would be a whole other stupid thing to complain about) there's clearly a deliberate tactic to get you to have some left over to spend on their worthless trash. It's not forcing you to buy it, no, but "not forcing you to buy it" pretty much negates any criticism you could level at any games console, so I'm gonna nitpick.

If you pay with a credit card you can buy 500, 1000, 1500 or 2000 points, and you still have points left over because arcade games cost 400, 800, 1200 and 1600.

Posted by Speedfreak

Points left over that don't actually add up to more arcade games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hey speedfreak how many times has your friend's dad's niece's dog let you play on its 360? i mean, you come across as some ineffectual xbox tard - too many blade options? p. lol

AND PEOPLE AT MY WORK? THEY LIKE THE 360 CONTROLLER

YOUR ANECDOTE JUST GOT ANECOWNED BY MINE

[quote=Speedfreak;876282]Points left over that don't actually add up to more arcade games.LIVE FROM MY PARENTS BASEMENT ITS VGCHAT LIVE

on tonight's show: altair... the real retard?

ladies and gentlemen, the future of games development. right in this thread.

CARNIVAL GAMES 4: NOW WITH LESS OPTIONS AND OTHER CONFUSING THINGS THAT WOULD CONFUSE OLD PEOPLE LIKE ME
by speedfreak games development

Posted by Speedfreak

That's pretty mean, actually.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You're mean.

You pushed me to breaking point, man.

Posted by Speedfreak

I mean, I did laugh. But wack, it still stings.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

its cool bro

*hugs tight*

Posted by Speedfreak

*manly hug*

YOU CAN BE MY WINGMAN ANY TIME.

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=Alta

Posted by WillisGreeny

For me, I've always thought of you as a professional psyco-analyzer kindof guy.

Quoted post: Most people at work hate them. They're horrible, using the bumpers and the triggers are the same time is awkward, moving from the triggers to the bumpers is painful.
Fair enough, though you still have an acknowledge an account of some kind when every other system just automatically calls you "player 2". If that doesn't count then I counter with the amazingly ****ty "blade" interface. It's horrible and gives you far too many options at any one time, classic Microsoft interface design. No wonder they're changing it.
So Xbox Live is either "just as bad as PSN" or no one uses probably it's second most appealing feature. That sounds great, really.
Looking at gameplay.co.uk I see 2 points bundles, 2100 and 4200. Unless games are priced at something that divides evenly into 2100 (which would be a whole other stupid thing to complain about) there's clearly a deliberate tactic to get you to have some left over to spend on their worthless trash. It's not forcing you to buy it, no, but "not forcing you to buy it" pretty much negates any criticism you could level at any games console, so I'm gonna nitpick.

Most people I know and talk to have their finger tips on the trigger with their lower finger on the bumper, so you never have to move you hand. Or they use both the index and middle finger. Both are more than confortable. It's really no different than what Playstation has been doing for years.
I'll agree with the guest account thing. You'd assume it would just automatically detect a new player and avoid all the account business to begin with.
I've never had a problem with the blades, and I've never heard anyone else having trouble with them either. They're pretty streamlined and basic.
What I was getting at is online is as bad on every other system. Even the PC. Only difference is players have more control on the PC so those people are dealt with fairly quick. As for the mic thing, it's used when it's needed. I was just saying it's hardly as bad as people make it out to be. You'll only run into an absolute ******* once in every fifteen or so lobbies.
I just bought points last night. There are 700, 1400, 1500, 1600, 2100, 2800, 3500, 4000, 4200. Sounds about right to me. Except for the 700. That's just a stupid number.

Posted by Shade

idk, I kind of agreed with the original post with the exception of the DS portion.

the rest has just been a bunch of tl;dr posting that I don't care enough to read.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iron Koala: For me, I've always thought of you as a professional psyco-analyzer kindof guy.

You say this because you have always desired sexual relations with your mother, ja?

Posted by Speedfreak

Do me, do me!

Other 360 problem: why is it so fucking heavy. I mean you guys probably don't notice because you can drive your cars to the kitchen and back, but I had to walk a mile with the bastard in a crappy plastic bag that threatened to break at any second.

Posted by maian

GUYS I'M GONNA GO MAKE A THREAD WHERE WE CAN TALK BEHIND ALTAIR'S BACK $20 IF YOU CAN FIND IT

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: Do me, do me!

Other 360 problem: why is it so fucking heavy. I mean you guys probably don't notice because you can drive your cars to the kitchen and back, but I had to walk a mile with the bastard in a crappy plastic bag that threatened to break at any second.

seems pretty light to me. maybe you're just really weak.

Posted by Speedfreak

This plastic bag's handle had formed a cutting edge that could rival a laser.

Posted by Shade

maybe you shouldn't be carrying consoles in plastic bags. how ghetto are you? next thing you're gonna tell me you carry 2-liters of hawaiian punch when you walk around.

Posted by Speedfreak

That's what the crappy game store monopoly gives us to carry heavy stuff.

Posted by #061402

That's why they invented backpacks, Speedfreak.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wayy too big to fit in a backpack.

Posted by Zaith

What no its not having been to quite a few LAN parties that is my container of choice for moving my 360.

Posted by Speedfreak

Compared to every system ever other than the original Xbox and PS3 it's massive.

Posted by Zaith

Maybe you just need to work out more

Posted by Speedfreak

Wouldn't make the bag cut into my fingers any less, numbnuts. It wasn't unliftable heavy.

Posted by #061402

I don't think it's awfully much larger than an Xbox, if any larger at all. Don't have one nearby to compare with though, so I might be wrong.

Posted by Zaith

Luckily I still have my original xbox which is actually bigger then a 360 so I have to question how tiny is your back pack or do you have a man purse... :)

Posted by Alta

i have one more thing to say. (1.) i originally put this on general gaming chat, so i didn't purposefully troll in a nintendo forum (but i'm glad that i did) and (2.) i have a good analogy for the comparison of nintendo sales, which is as follows: McDonalds sells unimaginable amounts of burgers, which taste rather bad, are terrible for you, and about the size of a golf ball. they are cheap, overmarketed, and easy to make. people more often choose this crap than a restaurant where it may take a little longer, and cost a little more, but it is much better tasting, usually much larger, and you can have it any way you want(i.e. medium w/ swiss cheese, mushrooms and mayo, that's how i roll). so unfortunately for burgers and the gaming world, people will go with a cheap, inferior burger just because they either trick themselves into thinking that it's actually better than a real burger from a restaurant, or because of the name it has. for the same reason people choose the DS over a PSP, and the same reason any1 buys a wii

there you have it

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Guys, it's not over yet

i have a good analogy

Posted by Ant

this man's burger analogy has changed the way I think. no, the way I live.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, see, when you buy systems brand new they come in big square boxes that contain everything you neeed plus space for a bunch of crap you don't. That square box would not fit into my backpack.

Altair: Your analogy is kind of retarded, people do not buy the Wii for s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it games, they buy it for the few good ones that no other system can offer. The reason Wii has the most s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it games is because more people buy Wii than any other system, and that attracts developers of s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]itty games. It's the exact same situation as the PS2 before it and the PS1 before that.

I'm loving the elitism surrounding your analogy. You really define yourself by your brand of gaming box, don't you?

So do we ban him yet or what?

Posted by Alta

ya ban me

Posted by WillisGreeny

Now he'll become more powerfull than we can imagin.

Quoted post:
Other 360 problem: why is it so ****ing heavy. I mean you guys probably don't notice because you can drive your cars to the kitchen and back, but I had to walk a mile with the bastard in a crappy plastic bag that threatened to break at any second.

I don't even dare move mine in case it breaks, let alone carry it anywhere. GUTSY

Quoted post:
I don't think it's awfully much larger than an Xbox, if any larger at all. Don't have one nearby to compare with though, so I might be wrong.

A fair bit smaller than the Xbox and PS3. PS3 being bigger than the original Xbox.

Posted by Speedfreak

A fair bit? Nay. I would say a mere ordinary bit.

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/xbox360country/360vsxbox.JPG[/IMG]

fair bit

Posted by Speedfreak

...huh, put the power brick on it and it's actually bigger. That's kinda funny.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: [IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/xbox360country/360vsxbox.JPG[/IMG]

fair bit

I always found it aesthetically troublesome that the X-Box was somewhat convex. I find it just as troublesome that the 360 is concave.

And I don't... know... why...

Posted by S

Because both are a waste of possible space?

Posted by Zaith

In the words of my Generation...*clears throat*...Your face is a waste of space!!!

Quoted post: I find it just as troublesome that the 360 is concave.

And I don't... know... why...

cause you're gay and don't like the curve of a woman, which is clearly what they were trying to evoke.

****ty way to find out you're a faggot, eh?

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: cause you're gay and don't like the curve of a woman, which is clearly what they were trying to evoke.

...Never thought of it that way.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Dammit, guys. Now you're going to have tons of people carefully laying their 360s on their sides and slowly, sensuously removing the faceplates, plugging things into them, and unplugging them again.

Posted by Speedfreak

I had to test booting the 360 while constantly unplugging and plugging the controller the other day. It was hilarious.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: cause you're gay and don't like the curve of a woman, which is clearly what they were trying to evoke.

Posted by Speedfreak

Women don't have large feet and giant foreheads, nerd.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Speedfreak: Women don't have large feet and giant foreheads, nerd.

I dare you to prove that no such woman exist!

Posted by Speedfreak

There are probably a lot more convex women!

Quoted post: Women don't have large feet and giant foreheads, nerd.

yes, I've never seen such a woman.

Posted by WillisGreeny

In some places that's all there is.

Posted by Yash

(I only read the first page.)

Cool.

The way I see it is this. Nintendo is one of the few companies who's trying to capitalize on what makes gaming... well, gaming. They're not trying to compensate for their lack of mainstream appeal with guns and burly space marines, they're trying to get the medium accepted for what it is.

Super Mario Galaxy is one of the finest games ever crafted. If Nintendo has to rope in Aunt Gertrude with Wii Sports before she moves up the chain to play the next Mario and Zelda, so be it. Video games will never evolve with expensive hardware and games that compete with the film industry.

Perhaps there are some people who like things as they are. That's fine. I preferred the games of the 8/16 bit era. Classics like Super Mario Bros. 3, A Link to the Past, Sonic 2, etc. are never going to be replicated in my eyes. Gaming is constantly changing. I eventually warmed up to the PlayStation idea of what gaming should be, even if I don't agree with it. I enjoyed Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid, and Grand Theft Auto III. It's time to move on. If you don't like it, no one will blame you for dropping out. People quit after the Atari, after the NES, after the Super NES, and so on and so forth. Games aren't the only source of entertainment. If you don't like how they've turned out, either it's time to pack up, or find your niche.

Posted by Speedfreak

Super Mario Galaxy is so totally not that great.

Posted by Ant

it's totally fun and one of the few games to do waggle right.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, but I couldn't say it's one of the best games ever made.

Posted by #061402

Oh hell no. Interesting, mayhaps, but nowhere near the "Best Games Ever" list.

Then again I guess some people may place that game there.

Posted by Zaith

How is making games with stories that rival movies not moving the industry forward???

Posted by mis0

Quoting maian: lol

Funny how you say the DS can't "compete" with the PSP, as the DS is raping the PSP upside down in sales. It's selling like what, twice as many units? The DS is OWNING the PSP.

I know this was posted on the first page, but this arguement of sales=superiority is kinda stupid. Why? Well, Ford sells more cars than Rolls Royce every year, but that doesn't make Ford products superior.

The DS and PSP aren't even comparable. The features and types of games released on the two are so drastically different that trying one is "beating" the other in sales is stupid. The DS has a competitive advantage in some markets, and the PSP does in others. It just so happens that, given the pricepoint and target market for the DS, Nintendo shifts a lot more units than Sony.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=mis0;878792]I know this was posted on the first page, but this arguement of sales=superiority is kinda stupid. Why? Well, Ford sells more cars than Rolls Royce every year, but that doesn't make Ford products superior.

That's a bad analogy considering price is why people chose Ford, which isn't a factor for video games (unless counting consoles). If I could buy a Rolls Royce for the same price as a Ford truck, I'd take (and most people I would think,) the Royce. Video games are relatively the same price.

However, the point is still true. Sales != Quality. Factors such as advertising, promotionals, state of economy, fads, and a bunch of other **** I'm likely forgetting can influence sales.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Super Mario Galaxy was a total blast to play and if your heart didn't soar the first time you landed in Good Egg Galaxy with that orchestrated music playing you are way ****ing lame.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, but there was like one remotely difficult level in the game. And it was about as difficult as midway through Super Mario Bros 3.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BLOWING UP GARBAGE

Posted by Ant

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah, but there was like one remotely difficult level in the game. And it was about as difficult as midway through Super Mario Bros 3.

why are you comparing a 2d mario to a 3d mario? and it was fun, regardless of how hard it was. did you collect all the stars?

Quoted post: How is making games with stories that rival movies not moving the industry forward???

Wouldn't call it forward. Movies on a whole have stories almost as bad as the majority of games.

And why is difficulty being brought into a discussion about Mario Galaxy? Thank *** it wasn't difficult. Wouldn't've been have as fun.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;878979]BLOWING UP GARBAGE

Actually, I was talking about the Luigi Sprite level, which was challenging and awesome. I regard the one you speak of as a form of torture.

Mario Galaxy is full of insanely stupid s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it you'd have to be a complete retard to derive any enjoyment out of. Like where they tell you you need something, and tell you to perform a single action to retrieve it and then congratulate you when you get it.

So whenever you're first introduced to something? Like most games? Yeah. Everything else is pretty fun though!

Posted by Speedfreak

Most games are pretty bad, yes. SMB3 didn't do shit like that. There was no "you need a mushroom, position yourself under this block and jump, now collect the mushroom, congratulations you have a mushroom, world 1-1 complete!", with the second level having just a single block in it, where you repeat exactly what you just fucking did and get rewarded for remembering what you did 5 seconds ago.

Most modern games are full of this garbage, remember when games taught you through common sense? Compare sections like that in Mario Galaxy to, say, the beginning of Metroid Prime or Half-Life 2, Half-life 2 especially.

The latter two games are directed to hardcore players, those that know how to play. Mario is directed towards everyone, including those that may not understand what does what and how to do it. Not to mention it's all of five seconds and then you can go off and finish up the rest of the level on your own. Big deal. There's nothing wrong with a quick tutorial.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;881596]Actually, I was talking about the Luigi Sprite level, which was challenging and awesome. I regard the one you speak of as a form of torture.luigi's purple coins? you found that hard? you do realize you dont have to collect all of them, right?

kinda funny that you decry this game for being too easy but have trouble with that one

Posted by Speedfreak

...I said it was more challenging than other levels, which it was, not that I couldn't do it or found it too difficult. Most people consider it the hardest good level in the game. Maybe you're confusing what I said about the garbage destroying level being a form of torture?

Vamp: seriously, there's no such thing as "hardcore" and "casual". Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 had mass market appeal without resorting to terrible design, and were deep enough to satisfy anyone.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Speedfreak: there's no such thing as "hardcore" and "casual".

I beg to differ. I'd like to see a casual gamer beat Ninja Gaiden.

Posted by Speedfreak

I can't really speak for Ninja Gaiden, so let me bring up another example of a rock hard game: Ikaruga. 25 minutes long, extremely simple gameplay, hard as fuck. But actually very easily played on a casual basis.

Tell me which of these games are hardcore or casual with some reasoning: WoW, Super Mario Bros 3, The Sims, Advance Wars (let's assume CO powers turned off).

Posted by #061402

Quoting Speedfreak: Tell me which of these games are hardcore or casual with some reasoning: WoW, Super Mario Bros 3, The Sims, Advance Wars (let's assume CO powers turned off).

All those you listed are pretty easy to pick up and play, The Sims in particular. Advance Wars and SMB 3 you learn as you play, while they get progressively harder, and WoW is moderately easy to pick up, depending on whether you've played an MMORPG before and if you have any friends who play already. If you don't and you ask for directions, you'll have everyone calling you "noob" before you take a step.

Posted by ExoXile

Did you ever play Advance Wars, Numbers?

Posted by #061402

Yeah. With you and I've played a few other levels.

Posted by ExoXile

You and I played the real time-mini game, doesn't count.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WoW is easy as hell to pick up and play without any knowledge of the game at all. Technically you can play the whole thing with just WASD and clicks, all the objectives are waypointed and the game tells you which armor > other armor.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, if you go at it alone it's simple as hell, but if you ask something you're ****ed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I never found the WoW community hostile. It's just that the general population on there are so young and dense they don't know how to help you.

Posted by #061402

Huh, they've changed, huh? Back when I tried playing it, I asked for directions and had a bunch lolin' and calling me a noob, and then no one would help me.

Could be why I don't fancy the game.

Posted by S

And yet... you're here. Huh.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=#061402;881778]and then no one would help me.

Stop telling people you're a Swede.

Posted by Speedfreak

So if I could make my point...

You can pick up and play all of these games. But they all, undeniably, are deep enough at their core to satisfy any "hardcore" gamer. Go on the WoW message boards and read raid strategies; see someone clear entire worlds in SMB3 without dying through pure skill; play the Advance Wars campaign in hard mode without a thorough understanding of all the mechanics and you will see that. These games are neither casual nor hardcore, they are great, and that's why they sell millions.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

peggle

Posted by Speedfreak

Shallow.

Puzzle games generally are.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GUYS, GUYS, IT'S NOT 'CASUAL'

ITS 'SHALLOW'

Posted by Speedfreak

Not interchangable. There are games labelled as casual that are not shallow.

Like WoW, Super Mario, The Sims...OH, right, you're not listening on purpose. Gotcha ;)

HUUUURRRRRRBURULRLURULRULRRLRUURLRURLRURL, FAGGOT.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I guess I view "hardcore gamers" as the ones who, when they get a game, play it through and if they haven't found every little thing, play it again.

Like Path of Radiance and getting Ilyana. I realized half-way through that you could actually get her and started over.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=#061402;881950]Yeah, I guess I view "hardcore gamers" as the ones who, when they get a game, play it through and if they haven't found every little thing, play it again.

Like Path of Radiance and getting Ilyana. I realized half-way through that you could actually get her and started over.

It actually says in the unit view who can talk to who in the following mission.

I can kiiiiind of see what you're getting at there, but I don't think obsessive compulsive disorder should be encouraged with a title like "hardcore". It's like the cogtags in Gears, I don't know why anyone would want to find all of those for any reason other than "the number to the left of the forward slash is lower than the number to the right of the forward slash".

I like to think a hardcore gamer is one who wants to master the game, to play it until they cannot get any better. I don't think they actually have to do that, mind, just entertain the idea and let it fuel further play sessions. Playing because the game is telling you to, because it's dangling a bunch of stuff that you haven't done yet in front of your face is pretty much my definition of casual.

Posted by #061402

It does? Huh, you learn something new every day. I think I got all the characters in the end anyway.

As for getting to the "Master" title when it comes to a specific game, I'd say that, for me, it is having done everything. Nevertheless, I see your point.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well, iI just dispute it because in a lot of games "getting everything" requires little more than patience, obsessive compulsive disorder and kleptomania, and isn't a true indicator of skill. Sometimes getting everything means mastering the game first, or by mastering the game you get everything anyway, like with Super Mario World.

Anyway, it says that in Radiant Dawn and I hadn't noticed it was even there til late in the game so I'm assuming it's in Path of Radiance too. People say Fire Emblem is unforgiving, but it really tells you absolutely everything you'd need to know to clear a mission first try.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Hey, I have something to add! Ever tried getting the house in the begining of Earthbound? It probably take around 10 hours of non-stop grinding before having enough money to get it. Anyway, yeah, Shigesato put that in Earthbound as a joke for those who know (or are) video game completionists. You CAN actually get it, but the intention was strictly for someone to notice and laugh at its outragousness.

Quoted post: Vamp: seriously, there's no such thing as "hardcore" and "casual". Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 had mass market appeal without resorting to terrible design, and were deep enough to satisfy anyone.

Okay. Then those that rarely play games and might not know what to do and those that play a lot of games and know them inside and out. Better?

Posted by #061402

We need casual gamers in here. I've played games since I was seven or eight, so I pick up the controls and whatnot in a few minutes, if even that long.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;882180]Okay. Then those that rarely play games and might not know what to do and those that play a lot of games and know them inside and out. Better?

I was saying there's no such thing as casual or hardcore games, casual and hardcore players makes perfect sense.

Posted by Ant

man, this is a pretty amazing thread. keep up the good work.

Posted by #061402

Strange how it got to this from that troll who started the thread. At least something good came from his miserable existence.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's awesome because I mentioned Earthbound.

Quoted post: I was saying there's no such thing as casual or hardcore games

yes there is.

wii sports, ninja gaiden. respectively.

Posted by Speedfreak

I already addressed that arguement like 5 minutes ago you incredible tool :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SHALLOW GAMERS, MAN!

KEEP UP!

Posted by Speedfreak

WHO IS EVEN SUPPOSED TO FIND THAT FUNNY.

Quoted post: I already addressed that arguement like 5 minutes ago you incredible tool

No you didn't.

Posted by Speedfreak

Huh, then I guess it was pretty similar to it. I suppose you'll have to make do!

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

he actually makes some good points. his delivery was just bad.