Getting banned

Posted by inequity

The first time I was banned it only lasted a day. The second time I was banned it went for 1 week. Does anyone know what happens if I'm banned a third time?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nothing because this is vgc

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

i think he's saying getting banned on x-box live... why would you make a thread about being banned on vgchat on the xbox forums?

did they say why you were banned? did you have an offensive motto?

Posted by inequity

Yes, I meant banned from xbox live. The first time it was an offensive motto and the second was being overly aggressive in call of duty.

Posted by Roger Smith

Maybe you should stop being an idiot on XBL, and you won't have to worry about what will happen on your 3rd strike cuz LOL THERE WOULDN'T BE ONE :cookie:

Posted by Fate

What he said. Honestly, try being NORMAL.

Posted by Ant

idk, sounds like my kinda guy.

Posted by inequity

Ok, I was just wondering because I just noticed my rep was 73% avoided and growing. :(

Posted by Crazy K

Dude, lets all add him, and then send him a player review. **** YEAH!

Posted by Roger Smith

It is decided. inequity is the junior senior of xbox live.

Posted by Zaith

Stop Being a Jack donkey and people won't give you bad reviews

Posted by WillisGreeny

Start being a kiss donkey, and VGC won't give you good reviews.

Posted by inequity

ugh, i never asked for good reviews, I'm asking what happens at a third ban.

I do appreciate those who volunteered to give me good reviews though.

Posted by Zaith

first time was a day next was a week so its either a month or a year

Posted by Jesse Smith

Get banned again and let us know how long it lasts. Then you'll have answered you're own question and no one else will need to get banned three times to find out!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pze no ban me! I wacko crackoism. pze understand wacko crackoism!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My rep is 60% avoided, most of which presumably came from spamming Cervantes and Astaroth on SCIV or whenever I get a good KPD on COD4.

Posted by #061402

Huh, I didn't even know you could get banned in the first place.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The X: My rep is 60% avoided, most of which presumably came from spamming Cervantes and Astaroth on SCIV

Yoda is the better spammer for ****ing people off. Jump, grab. Jump, grab. Jump, grab. Jump, grab. Jump, brab, PERFECT!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Zaith: Stop Being a Jack donkey and people won't give you bad reviews

not gonna help too much. I'm in private chat 90% of the time and I still get bad feedback for being overly aggressive and trash talk.

I'm at 60% avoided. :s

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm at 71 preferred and all my dereps are from unsporting and agressive (read: getting a good kdr.) You can't avoid it, so MS made sure it has no bearing on anything.

You can get banned for pretty stupid things these days though, since they've set up bots that handle it. Most people get banned for their profile (user title thing) even if there's nothing offensive, because the bots don't know any better. So if you run into a group of people that dislike you enough and file complaints on you for no reason the bots will interpret that as you causing a disturbance even if you're in private chat and not doing anything wrong!

As for what will happen if you get banned a third time, depends. First time is always a day, second is always a week and third ranges from a permanent ban (9999 AD) to a month. So you might want to play it safe.

Posted by #061402

I'm at 100% preferred, actually..

I used to be! Back when CoD4 wasn't out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I remember ****ting myself after disconnecting from a Fight Night R3 match. The other guy said he was going to report me to XBL for cheating. Since this was like, my second time on Live, I didn't know any better. ffff

Posted by Kit

I get negative rep for playing with my friends. Dunno what it is right now but it's mostly (if not all) for unsporting.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, a lot of people are asses about giving positive feedback, but negative? Jolly good fun!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Sounds like XBL has quite a flawed rep system.

Rep in general is flawed, no matter where it is. Probably explains where it's always meaningless.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Maybe it's the concept of Good rep vs Bad rep that makes it fail. Perhaps a number can't really justify someone's true reputation, and perhaps 12 yr olds, children and adults, should never have the power to judge anyone.

Sounds about right. We're incapable of a species to handle a reputation system or something meant to judge an individual. Especially once it's anonymous and has no ill consequences.

probably also explains why it's not displayed outright or made public!

Posted by WillisGreeny

**** you, X...**** YOU!!!

Posted by Ant

idk, if someone had a really ****ty preference % I'd presume they were *******es.

Chances are you'd be wrong then. Look at cats for example.

Posted by Ant

no, I think I'm still right :cool:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I got abused on Live today for having a topless Mitsurugi. **** YEAH

Quoted post: no, I think I'm still right

Nah.

Posted by inequity

Just to let everyone know, I was banned again today. It says its only until the 28th so nothing special really happens a third time. I guess its just what you do to get banned that effects how long you're banned for.

What did you get banned for?

Posted by inequity

I honestly dont know. I was offline all day and when I went to sign in I was banned. I even called up xbox support and they couldn't tell me. Worst thing i could think of is my bio, i wrote "the 2008 dashboard update is gonna be gay". Other than that my rep has been hanging around by 79 avoided.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'll agree that the dashboard update will be horrendously homosexual.

I'll keep to my blades.

Quoted post: Worst thing i could think of is my bio, i wrote "the 2008 dashboard update is gonna be gay".

Yeah, that's why you were banned.