ban poco?

Posted by Stalolin

BECAUSE YOU FAGS CAN'T AGREE ON ANYTHING

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Doesn't matter what the outcome of the poll will be. I'll continue to ban him because there's a reason he was banned in the first place. That hasn't changed, he hasn't changed. Speedfreak just wants to spite me.

Posted by Iris

Uh, no. Vamp, maybe you can stop being a baby and allow for a group decision. Your opinion isn't exactly the most important, k? lol

Posted by S

Keep him banned.

Quoted post: Uh, no. Vamp, maybe you can stop being a baby and allow for a group decision. Your opinion isn't exactly the most important, k? lol

Give me a decent reason as to why he should be unbanned.

Posted by Speedfreak

Uhh, he was banned in the first place because I banned him, his ban then expired. Then you banned him when he trolled you, which is the most hypocritical thing ever. What reason would ever be good enough for you? You don't give a flying wack about any of the rules here.

There's a difference between disagreeing, which I do, and trolling, which poco does. I believe I'm right, while Poco only does it to get a rise out of people. Hence trolling.

Posted by S

Actually, I believe I banned him. Indefinitely. Someone just decided to unban him. Not sure who.

Posted by Speedfreak

You troll and openly admit it. You derail threads, incite arguements for the sake of inciting arguements only to claim "i wasn't serious lol" after 4 entire pages of back and forth. You're an annoying, idiotic troll and most people here would openly admit that you generally have absolutely wack all interesting to say. The only thing that seperates you from Poco is that you have more back up and, somehow, a Super Mod position.

Everyone derails threads. And if they get derailed who the **** cares? Clearly the original topic was already spent anyways. And *** forbid I start arguments, because you never do that right? And it's not like it takes two to argue right? And since that's generally you or Iris it's just as much your fault as it is mine. Most of my comments aren't even intended to start an argument, but you feel the need to retort, and thus three pages later it still goes on.

So hey, don't blame me entirely for that, dude. If you don't like it it's pretty easy to ignore me and not comment on anything I have to say. No more arguments. WOW EASY

you're a joke.

Posted by Speedfreak

Your defense is feeble when you openly admit to it.

Either that or you don't even realise you do it.
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=875293#post875293

You're a natural, kid.

Posted by Iris

Difference: Vamp picks on people who the majority won't care about/defend, Poco picks on people like Dexter who aren't DA whipping boys or people who necessarily disagree with him.

As for being unbanned, same reason we let any other crappy member slide after a while. They post legibly and regularly enough that they blend in. Poco's been here for years and there's plenty of unbanned folk whose posts are of equal quality. If we were to ban him for being mean and hurtful then I'll make sure to send ban requests to Jesse for all the mods and such who do the same and should know better/be more mature. Honestly, confining him to the Wacko Board isn't any more productive then putting a few fags in check and some one getting their feelings hurt.

Also, the whole "it takes two to argue, you choose to retort" excuse is basically the definition of feeding trolls, you midget wacko.

Openly admit what? That I troll? Of course I have, and you have to. I can't think of a single person on this board that hasn't trolled. But that's pretty rare for me to honestly troll, and often when I "admit to it" it's only to prove a point or to, you know, troll you. The problem is I don't think you really even understand the term, so you get confused when I'm disagreeing with something and when I'm trolling. Spoilers: it's the former 98% of time.

Posted by Iris

Hmm. No, you definitely troll a lot. We would know.

Acting like a troll is just as bad as openly admitting to it and no, not everyone trolls as a defense mechanism in arguments.

Posted by Iris

Oh yeah, and infracting him and deleting the thread is pretty mature and doesn't bring anything into question! :cookie:

trolling isn't a defense mechanism for arguments. It's a way to start arguments. Wacko, you guys really don't even know what it means, do you? So no, you wouldn't know. I'd know. Again, it's not my fault you take my disagreements as troll attempts.

Unless you want to give me honest to *** proof that I troll a lot. Shouldn't be hard if you're right. Here: http://www.vgchat.com/search.php?searchid=727002&pp=30 go through those 17 pages and count up how many times I actually troll.

Just for reference, this is a troll:

Quoted post: "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"
"One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."

See? There's a lot more to it than just taking part in an argument. Sure, I do take part in a lot of arguments, but the intent to cause a disruption isn't there. Often how it starts is with me disagreeing or commenting on a particular part of a post. Which is pretty different considering there's an honest belief behind it and there's generally a lot of support to my argument, rather than, for example, a poco post that says " shut up. no one cares about your culture worship of glorious nippon." or " i stopped reading when you said there was a plot in halo. what will you say next? to read the books?"

See the difference? Not that hard.

Posted by Speedfreak

You either troll most of the time or use it as a get-out clause to save face.

I've trolled a couple of times, you specifically, and I couldn't keep it up. It's not something I enjoy doing, it's a genuine strain on me to pretend to be an idiot to string someone along, it isn't even funny for me.

Typically when I stir up arguements it's because I think there's an interesting discussion to be had. Regardless of how much a jacka[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s I act, I post here because there are people willing to discuss the kind of stuff I'm interested in. I don't "tl:dr" people because I figure if they respect me enough to actually put the time into writing a response I should d[COLOR=lightgreen]a[/COLOR]mn well read it.

You, on the other hand, just try to work in any snide or sarcastic remake you can and hope to G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]d someone high fives you before someone else exposes any flaws. If you're exposed it's no biggie, another drop in ocean of completely worthless posts. As long as the shoulder pats and butt slaps keep coming, and as long as you can giggle at one-liners all in capital letters and retarded in-jokes then you're just dandy. You're a troll because you subtract value of your own free willand utterly refuse to contribute to anything.

Quoted post:
Typically when I stir up arguements it's because I think there's an interesting discussion to be had.

Because that's not what I do right? No. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I do. This is a forum to discuss things which I often do. It only turns into an ugly argument when you are involved. I don't have any of these problems with anyone else, save you and iris. Strange, yes?

Quoted post: You, on the other hand, just try to work in any snide or sarcastic remake you can and hope to *** someone high fives you before someone else exposes any flaws. If you're exposed it's no biggie, another drop in ocean of completely worthless posts. As long as the shoulder pats and butt slaps keep coming, and as long as you can giggle at one-liners all in capital letters and retarded in-jokes then you're just dandy. You're a troll because you subtract value of your own free will.

I'm sorry you see it that way. But I'll still need some proof I'm as bad as you think I am. According to you to at least 70% of my posts fit your description, so that's, what, almost 15,000? Should be easy to provide a whole bunch.

Posted by S

This **** is gold.

Anywho, I'm up for banning all the trolls if it means keeping Poco banned. Besides the fact that I've thought that we should for nearly two or more years, it'd be a riot to actually see it happen.

And yes Vamp, you're a troll. Once people get over the fact that you're as serious as Poco, they start to fit in. At least Poco is flagrantly honest about it though. Last I checked, you and I aren't actual S-mods, S-mods in title and technicality only. We're here to do the clean-up work on the forums. The only remaining active S-mod is really Iris; plainly speaking, she over-rules us and so does Speedy.

I'm being dead serious. I'm not a troll. You guys really don't know what you're talking about. I make snide comments on occasion, but I discuss far more than I do that. As evidence by my last 500 post which I linked you to above.

Posted by S

Ok, let me rephrase myself then. You're apt to be a troll, and a good chunk of your posts are generally useless, which on a normal forum would have been locked, deleted, and you'd have received quite a few infractions for had it been any other place.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the original definition of Troll was someone who scanned the boards continuously and made a plethora of useless posts. Like a troll would scour their bridge. The definition has obviously changed with the popularity of forums, and I believe mostly, in the MMORPG realm.

But I could be wrong, as that's only my experience with the term.

It means what I quoted above.

And I'm not arguing the useless posts bit. There's not enough content on this forum to warrant upwards of 30,000 posts. It's just the troll bit I disagree fully with.

BUT, I have to say that generally what everyone does here would've been locked, deleted and warranted a warning on pretty much every other forum. Which I wouldn't doubt is the reason people still hang around here. It's lax, whereas other forums are overly strict. I mean, this group of people aren't exactly the most friendly group around. So why I should be singled out I'm not sure, when it's a board-wide "problem."

Posted by Iris

Vamp, you argue at every opportunity. Disagreement on that scale accomplishes the same thing as blatant trolling to get a rise out of people. Regardless, you're saying something mean and giving people an opportunity to retort and make themselves look foolish with backwards logic. It just HAPPENS that Speedfreak is the biggest target for that because he's pretty much the most opinionated person here and can therefore easily be contradicted. Asking some one for proof of you saying things like "lol, I wasn't even serious" after a page of arguing or giving subject changing cues is the equivalent of asking for proof of the sky being blue. You do it, you've done it for ages, and people stopped caring. I know that you make decent posts from time to time, and not all of your posts are trolls, but you make them enough, as well as stupid one liners and other worthless crap that you're more or less on par with Poco or Klarth and the like.

Also, it's not a board-wide problem. Yeah, most people occasionally make worthless posts, but who else here has accumulated 27k posts, with at least 5-10k being pretty crappy? I don't want to single you out any more than I want Poco singled out and banned, champ.

Posted by Speedfreak

Vamp's referring to the Something Awful type of troll, those that go totally out of their way to annoy other people and laugh about it with their buddies.

Do I really not appear that active? I thought I was doing alright for someone with a full-time job. Have you considrred that I'm in a different time-zone?

Posted by S

That's my view on the evolution of the term Troll, so to me you're more of a troll than Poco. But I don't quite abhor it like some people do, so I'm not getting on you about it or anything. It was merely a statement of what I see. In fact, there was a troll who I really liked in the past that pretty much destroyed whatever Poco could hope to achieve – but that's moot.

And you're the one being picked out because you're the figure head, like it or not. Plus, you're the one who's arguing at the moment.

And yes, the forum is lax. I agree. But I can honestly say I would have banned quite a few members temporarily, even as lax as it is, but am unable too because they're blog mods or some **** like that.

Posted by S

Quoting Speedfreak: Do I really not appear that active? I thought I was doing alright for someone with a full-time job. Have you considrred that I'm in a different time-zone?

Eh, it's more like you stick to your own forums. You rarely check the mod board for instance (At least in the past.), whereas an S-mod's typical duties involve the ENTIRE board.

Quoted post: Regardless, you're saying something mean

No I'm not. The majority of arguments take place in the gaming forum. And unless you mean "mean" as in "you don't like games others do" then I know I'm not mean to start arguments.

Quoted post: as well as stupid one liners and other worthless crap

yes, a lot of my posts are only one line in length, but hardly ANYONE here WANTS to read a ****ing huge paragraph when something can be summed into one line. Not every thread warrants discussion or anything beyond one line or even more than a few words. This isn't some fancy forum where all the mods expect you to write a book for every post. And when you do do that you can expect a whole host of people not to read it or make a "tl;dr" comment, if you remember correctly.

Quoted post: "lol, I wasn't even serious"

I'm not being serious the majority of the time. Why would I? I'm not going to serious argue anyone and let my rage build up like Speedfreak. I mean, he clearly hates me but I have absolutely no problem with him because I don't take it seriously. It's pretty pathetic if you do.

Quoted post: because he's pretty much the most opinionated person here

And that's really all I am. Just like he has to retort so do I, because we're opinionated. It has nothing to do with trying to troll anyone, I just want to get my opinion out there like everyone else who uses a forum.

Quoted post: Asking some one for proof of you saying things like "lol, I wasn't even serious" after a page of arguing or giving subject changing cues is the equivalent of asking for proof of the sky being blue.

I don't change subjects in an argument. It's just what happens in a long-winded argument. You argue one point, another one gets brought up and you argue that. Repeat. Also, this forum would have FAR less activity if there wasn't derailments or subject changing. That's what keeps threads alive.

Quoted post: and people stopped caring.

Apparently not.

Posted by Speedfreak

I guess, but the only active boards that I don't frequent I wouldn't know what to do with anyway. Even boards like off-topic are pretty much dead now.

Posted by Iris

If JS wasn't a blog mod I'd have banned her ages ago since all she does is post about poo. However, I can't ban her and I'm not gonna ask Jesse to because I don't care enough. Same reason I don't delete every "LOL," "DURHURR," "fag" post, I don't care enough to make the extra effort just to reap silly consequences for doing a good job. It doesn't make it any more appropriate.

Quoted post: That's my view on the evolution of the term Troll, so to me you're more of a troll than Poco.

I don't do anything to get a rise out anyone. And that's what being a troll is all about. It's often saying something false that you know is wrong only to get people up in arms. For example the Halo comment. He knows it's wrong, we know it's wrong, that's the whole point of trolling. I, on the other hand, put out my honest opinion and often back it up. That's very different than trolling, and if you can't see the difference between Poco and myself or the difference between trolling to get a rise and disagreeing to get an opinion in than this whole thread is laughably moot and idiotic. It's like using big words when you don't understand their meaning.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't hate anyone, for the record, I'm not actually a complete *******, people just seem to gravitate to that kind of personality more than if I really acted normally. You just tick me off because 99% of the time I can't hold a conversation with you and I end up dumping my retarded "coworkers"-fueled hatred on you.

Fine, whatever. But if you still seriously think I troll a lot now then I'm going to laugh real hard and try and ignore this thread. I won't, but I'll try because it's just ****ing retarded. I went through my last 500 posts and I didn't see a single honest to *** case of real trolling, and those posts that did reflect trolling were in DA or directed towards people who post there.

Seriously, just learn the difference between how I disagree and argue and what trolling truly means to forums.

Posted by S

Except I just said Poco is less of a troll than you? So there obviously is a difference – a very large difference, as I outlined in my personal definition. Until you tell me the origin of the term, it'll probably stay that way too. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that this is the evidence I've uncovered myself through the years, and I'd believe my own over hearsay without validation.

And your trolls are more underhanded and less obvious. Hell, I'll go ahead and indulge you. Maybe you don't troll. But what you do is, is you say something you don't give a **** about, and when someone rebutts it, you slam them. Same trait of a troll, yours just isn't premeditated.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Iris

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;875403]No I'm not. The majority of arguments take place in the gaming forum. And unless you mean "mean" as in "you don't like games others do" then I know I'm not mean to start arguments.
Controversial, contradictory, generally rude, whatever. Don't deny the fact that many of the arguments spur because something you said was considered malicious.

[quote]yes, a lot of my posts are only one line in length, but hardly ANYONE here WANTS to read a ****ing huge paragraph when something can be summed into one line. Not every thread warrants discussion or anything beyond one line or even more than a few words. This isn't some fancy forum where all the mods expect you to write a book for every post. And when you do do that you can expect a whole host of people not to read it or make a "tl;dr" comment, if you remember correctly.
It's not so much speaking in sentences as much as posts like "yes," "duh," and stupid phrases and sarcastic quips. I don't have a problem with summarizing, but if a thread doesn't warrant any more discussion, why bother with those type of posts?

Also, the tl;dr excuse doesn't work. You're a super mod, you should know that **** don't fly. Like I said, if a discussion doesn't warrant any more response or elaboration, tl;dr's have no purpose and should be deleted. It's not even an argument.

[quote]I'm not being serious the majority of the time. Why would I? I'm not going to serious argue anyone and let my rage build up like Speedfreak. I mean, he clearly hates me but I have absolutely no problem with him because I don't take it seriously. It's pretty pathetic if you do.
...If you're not being serious then why irritate people who want to be? Don't give me the SERIOUS BUSINESS bullshit, some people come here to seriously discuss video games. In case you forgot, that was the original purpose of VGC, and harrassing people for coming here for that is the high point of douchebaggery and trolling. I'm not saying it's wrong to joke around, but entering a real discussion on the forum, filling it with ****ty logic and half-posts because you "don't really care" about putting effort into a real topic, and calling out some one for doing the opposite is a dick move.

[quote]And that's really all I am. Just like he has to retort so do I, because we're opinionated. It has nothing to do with trying to troll anyone, I just want to get my opinion out there like everyone else who uses a forum.
Except claiming that you're not serious or whatever invalidates whatever reason you want to get your opinion out there. If you want to express something, don't fall back on the "lol, serious business fag, i was just kidding" facade to save face.

[quote]I don't change subjects in an argument. It's just what happens in a long-winded argument. You argue one point, another one gets brought up and you argue that. Repeat. Also, this forum would have FAR less activity if there wasn't derailments or subject changing. That's what keeps threads alive.
Derailments and subject shifting is one thing, doing it to avoid continue an argument you already started is another.

[quote]Apparently not.
When was the last time I got after you for this? I stopped caring a while ago, but if you're going to call it on one person there's no reason we can't call it on you.

Posted by S

Wacko-U doesn't count. In fact, you don't count. You're like our ****ing mascot.

Quoted post: is you say something you don't give a **** about,

Me not caring and saying something to get a rise out of someone is different, again. But, I still believe fully in what I say, unlike a troll. It's not underhanded, it's not a troll attempt, it's a comment and nothing more.

Quoted post: Except I just said Poco is less of a troll than you? So there obviously is a difference

Whoa, didn't see that coming! Which is why I specifically said "the difference between trolling to get a rise and disagreeing to get an opinion." if that wasn't clear enough.

Quoted post: Until you tell me the origin of the term, it'll probably stay that way too

Origin of the "modern" definition of troll? SA/4chan. I already quoted what it means and have since repeated it over and over.

Also, I have you validation and proof. I linked you to my last 500 posts. If that's not proof enough than I don't know what is. And trust me, there isn't a whole lot to go on in there to back up your argument.

Posted by S

Swing and a miss.

No, not 4chan. Troll was used way before 4chan. I don't know about, nor do I care about SA, because it was around before that became a gimmick too. I'm talking the original creation of the modern term.

Premeditated, etc. For the rest of your post.

Quoted post: Controversial, contradictory, generally rude, whatever. Don't deny the fact that many of the arguments spur because something you said was considered malicious.

Controversial? If anything I tend to agree with the majority view. Like Bioshock is a good game! Contradictory? Sorry, I have my own opinions. And I do deny it. I really don't say too many things that are malicious and have them lead to arguments. Unless you mean disagreeing and having an opinion is malicious.

Quoted post: It's not so much speaking in sentences as much as posts like "yes," "duh," and stupid phrases and sarcastic quips. I don't have a problem with summarizing, but if a thread doesn't warrant any more discussion, why bother with those type of posts?

I said doesn't warrant discussion period. I hardly say "one-liners" where a discussion can actually take place, for example in the gaming board. But outside of it there's not a whole lot of threads that lead to decent discussions and only warrant one-liners.

Quoted post: Also, the tl;dr excuse doesn't work. You're a super mod, you should know that **** don't fly. Like I said, if a discussion doesn't warrant any more response or elaboration, tl;dr's have no purpose and should be deleted. It's not even an argument.

Doesn't matter the thread. If you want to get your point across don't write paragraphs about it. The shorter it is the more people are going to read it. Doesn't matter if they outright say "tl;dr" because chances are they won't even say that, they'll just see the length and skip it entirely.

Quoted post: ...If you're not being serious then why irritate people who want to be? Don't give me the SERIOUS BUSINESS bull****, some people come here to seriously discuss video games. In case you forgot, that was the original purpose of VGC, and harrassing people for coming here for that is the high point of douchebaggery and trolling. I'm not saying it's wrong to joke around, but entering a real discussion on the forum, filling it with ****ty logic and half-posts because you "don't really care" about putting effort into a real topic, and calling out some one for doing the opposite is a dick move.

There's a difference between being serious and having serious discussions. I'm capable of the latter, but I won't be serious when I write about it. I mean, why be serious, why do I have to deeply care? I don't, and I won't. Discussing and being serious do not go hand in hand. Also not being serious != joking around.

And I'm not harassing anyone for being serious. I just think it's unnecessary.

Also, ****ty logic? I don't think so. If something warrants a discussion I'll discuss it. Simple. it's just the majority of threads don't!

Quoted post: Except claiming that you're not serious or whatever invalidates whatever reason you want to get your opinion out there. If you want to express something, don't fall back on the "lol, serious business fag, i was just kidding" facade to save face.

I haven't said something like that in ages and I've rarely said it to begin with. Plus, it's not to save face, it's to abandon a ****ty argument that has no end in sight.

And again, I can want my opinion out there without being serious. Why must I be serious? Why? Why can't I just discuss something without an emotion towards it one war or another?

Quoted post: Derailments and subject shifting is one thing, doing it to avoid continue an argument you already started is another.

I don't do that. I know I don't. If the subject shifts in an argument it's because someone brought up a point I or he doesn't agree with, so that becomes the focus of the argument. That's just inherent in an argument if you didn't realise.

Quoted post: When was the last time I got after you for this? I stopped caring a while ago, but if you're going to call it on one person there's no reason we can't call it on you.

People apparently still care if this discussion is going on.

Quoted post: Swing and a miss.

No, not 4chan. Troll was used way before 4chan. I don't know about, nor do I care about SA, because it was around before that became a gimmick too. I'm talking the original creation of the modern term.

Who the **** cares where the term originally came from? I'm using troll as it's used all over forums right now. And that largely spawned from SA and 4chan.

Quoted post: Premeditated

Yes. That's right. The difference between Poco and I is exactly that. He does things knowing it'll get a rise out of people and I don't! SIMPLE

Anywho, unless this is going somewhere, or unless you want to actually prove me wrong with something more than "WELL, YOU HAVE DONE IT SO YEAH" (go through my recent posts, prove that I still do it frequently!) then I give up. You're not going to change my view, I'm not going to change yours. malicious comment: you're just clearly too stupid to realise the difference, and clearly started this whole thing without really knowing what you're talking about.

Posted by S

I care. Point and case. Also, whether you like it or not, that definition has a baring on the current definition, people are just too inundated with themselves to care, ala what you just said. It's the same as using big words only in the context you've heard them used in, and not understanding the actual word.

Doesn't make you any less of a douche bag, so if you want to argue over technicality, okay! You were born a troll who does it without cognitively thinking about it, Poco has to try to be one.

Quoted post: I care. Point and case. Also, whether you like it or not, that definition has a baring on the current definition, people are just too inundated with themselves to care, ala what you just said. It's the same as using big words only in the context you've heard them used in, and not understanding the actual word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?page=1&term=troll

Posted by Jesse Smith

Can we move this thread out there!!! We need some wars and insanity!!!! Drama is good!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by S

[quote=Wiki]The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the internet in the late 1980s[3], but the earliest known example is from 1992[4]. It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers, itself derived from the fishing technique known as trolling.[5] The word likely gained currency because of its apt second meaning, drawn from the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales; they are often ugly, obnoxious creatures bent on mischief and wickedness.

And that's exactly what I was looking for. I was wrong. Tada!

Posted by Iris

"Troll," "n00b," regardless you act like a prick fairly often. Also, wiki and urbandictionary are pretty sketchy sources considering their entries come specifically from modern definitions.

Anyways, on the subject of Poco: Stop banning him. I don't want to have to mod extra posts to make a point.

Quoted post: Also, wiki and urbandictionary are pretty sketchy sources considering their entries come specifically from modern definitions.

It's largely an internet term. Where else do you expect to find "official" definitions? A dictionary? That's as good as you're bound to expect, and 15 pages of the same definition over and over again speaks fairly well of the accuracy of the term.

And I'm still waiting on a reason as to why he should be unbanned. If he deliberately tries to get people upset, why shouldn't he banned?

Posted by Iris

Just saying they're sketchy sources. I don't know jack about the source of the word.

And in case you haven't noticed, the past argument has been that other people (lol you) do crap just as disruptive and aggravating, so either go all out or just let it go.

Posted by Ant

vamp isn't a "troll"

poco is.

my opinion is important.

one of those things is a lie.

Quoted post: And in case you haven't noticed, the past argument has been that other people (lol you) do crap just as disruptive and aggravating, so either go all out or just let it go.

Not my fault you get aggravated over what I do. I really don't think it'd matter how I acted, you and speedfreak would still harbour "dislike" towards me (especially since you're one of the few who doesn't seem to like me all that much!) So hey, that's no reason to put me in the same league as poco. Plus, his whole goal here is to act like an idiot and **** people off. Which is pretty different than mine! And you know, we generally ban people outright for that.

But what do I know, I'm just a troll trying to make people mad.

Posted by Ant

poco is a valuable member of vgc.

oh man, that made me laugh.

HAHAHAHA

Posted by S

This **** is so childish.

Posted by Iris

If I don't want Poco banned, why are you spiting me? It's none of your business and it hurts nothing. Honestly, I want to know why it's so important to keep him banned. Our normal, "respectable" members do things just as disruptive, such as offputting new members with "lol leave," or "you like final fantasy? gtfo faggot," or "your choice in music sucks" right in their intro thread, or 4 page irrelevant rants destroying game threads, or modding your friends posts. If that's not considered disruptive then neither is making a thread provoking otakus to defend ****ty shows and games, which is really the only form of trolling Poco does.

If you think Poco deserves to be banned then expect me to stop being lenient on ****ty behavior. If you want things to be lax, it had better be to the same extent for everyone.

Also, Vamp's actions don't personally irritate me, they're just as delinquent as Poco's.

typical poco post: "but oblivion and bioshock are still contrash"

hm, why would I ban him? I wonder...

At least when other members have an opinion there's some thought behind it, rather than blatant trolling.

Oh, and I'll actually ban X for the same thing if he keeps it up. So don't worry.

Posted by Iris

As long as Poco's eloquent, I have no problem with him disagreeing in the game boards. It's not exactly as if he's the only one who does it, and he DOES back up his logic if it's called into question. As long as he's not making threads blatantly saying FF7 IS FOR FAGS then there's no reason to punish him for contradicting in the same way you and Speedfreak contradict eachother.

Also, I find it funny for multiple reasons that you're threatening to ban X.

Hey, you seem to want equal rights and I was going to give them. Even I was getting annoyed by his posts, that's why I've deleted a large handful.

and poco backs up his posts with **** that's flatout wrong and he knows it. Thus, troll.

Posted by Iris

Equal rights are good and I support them. [spoiler]It's just ironic.[/spoiler]

yeah, look at these fine examples:

"oh and halo has no story; it's all aliens and ****. "
"You only play console trash, your opinion is null and void in discussion of plots in video games."
"you think bioshock was appealing. mayhaps you have the taint? the taint of contardis?"

No one else in the gaming board sinks to that level.

Posted by Iris

good thing it's in WU, right?

Also, I'd point out X, but that seems kind of null right now.

Quoted post: good thing it's in WU, right?

You mean general gaming, right? Which is why I banned him. If he wanted to post like that I would restrict him to the only place I want to see such posts.

Posted by Ant

yeah that was in gg not wu if you're gonna defend him you should at least look at his posts lol

Yeah, I honestly thought it was a fair ban. Especially since he went right back to that posting style immediately after getting unbanned basically.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Ant;876579]yeah that was in gg not wu if you're gonna defend him you should at least look at his posts lol
Pretty sure I saw posts exactly like it in WU too, so whatev.

I actually am willing to settle for banning him as long as we can agree to apply the same rules to the same extent to everyone else, and cut down on douchebaggery, specifically in the introduction boards. That's more or less what I wanted, not so much Poco's freedom.

I have no problem with the intro board thing. It's one thing to be a dick, but when it's not even funny? Pointless garbage.

and you should've simply said that from the getgo instead of defending poco.

women are ****ing stupid

Posted by Ant

or done something about it in the intro board if it bothers you so much.

Posted by Iris

It's a compromise. And don't try saying you would've been all "OKAY IRIS, WE'LL BAN X AND OTHER OLDIES FOR THEIR POSTING HABITS ^_^"

And yet I am now and said that about X?

haha, yeah. What an idiot.

Posted by Iris

because the topic was forced.

NEVERMIND, VAMP IS ALL KNOWING AND RIGHT 100% OF THE TIME

Topic was forced? Even though I was already deleting posts that were similar to Poco's? OH OKAY

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Looks at da poll results.*

Eeny, meeny, miny moe,
Catch a wacko by the toe.
If he hollers make him pay,
Fifty dollars every day.
My mom says to pick the very best one,
And you are not it!

poll speaks for itself.