Heh it's been awhile

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I haven't posted here regularly in over a year. I'm almost 24, married, rarely play videogames anymore aside from Mario Kart 64 and Guitar Hero II/III, working, and waiting for my California Highway Patrol academy date. Geez, I'm all grown up and stuff. Weird how it happens so fast.

Posted by Xero

Good to see you're still alive. Welcome back :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Something about trying to be a cop and your picture makes me chuckle.

Posted by Corrupt

Well, normally I'd scold you for having grown up so quickly, but seeing as you still dabble in the occasional game of MK64, I'll let it slide this time. How're you and Kelly doing, anyway? I should hope that your future plans consist of visiting your ol' buddy Ian sometime soon, maybe for a round of hookah or three like the good old days, eh? But really, things've been going pretty **** well for you as of late, I take it? Glad to hear it. :cool:

[quote=Ant]did you **** your wife yet?

seconding this

[quote=Ant;874619]did you **** your wife yet?
oops i forgot brb

[quote=Corrupt;874649]Well, normally I'd scold you for having grown up so quickly, but seeing as you still dabble in the occasional game of MK64, I'll let it slide this time. How're you and Kelly doing, anyway? I should hope that your future plans consist of visiting your ol' buddy Ian sometime soon, maybe for a round of hookah or three like the good old days, eh? But really, things've been going pretty **** well for you as of late, I take it? Glad to hear it. :cool:
Ha, we're doing well, still a bit broke though due to numerous issues going on with the apartment. How're you doing? Gimme a call tomorrow, we gotta find a time to hang out this weekend or something!

Posted by Klarth

Oh hi I got you demodded

We cool though, right

Posted by maian

You'd be a terrifying cop. :cool:

and sup and all

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh man, I always get so scared when I think of outgrowing video games. :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

ahhh, I'm already in the process of it. there's this pretty large chunk of time I have trouble finding things to do with.

hey bro it's AA. we used to chill all the time man. dude, we hella go way back. how've you been dude? it's been so long...

[quote=netman;874677]Oh hi I got you demodded

We cool though, right
wee tite liek peez and carotz

[quote=The X;874686]Oh man, I always get so scared when I think of outgrowing video games. :(
Heh, well, I haven't TOTALLY outgrown them. I still play Mario Kart 64 and Guitar Hero II and III every chance I get, and when my computer melted down, I got back into Final Fantasy VI, Earthbound and Secret of Mana for awhile. But I can't do more than an hour straight anymore, whereas I used to be able to go 6-10 hours straight back in my real bad stages.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the day i pass up some super smash or tetris is the day i have a mid-life crisis

Posted by mis0

Hey there, welcome back. I was wondering whatever happened to you. Last I heard, I think you were living here in Albuquerque? Sounds like a lot has changed since then!

Heh, that little adventure only lasted for about 3 days, then one bad breakup later, I was right back in Vista. Last May I went on a first date with a girl from Irvine who posted at another forum that I posted at, and this past March, we got married. Lesson learned for me: sticking to California works. ABQ, not so much. Looking back, if I married the ABQ girl it would have been a disaster. My wife and I are a perfect match, from her smart-assedness to her pwning me at Guitar Hero half the time we play. And oddly enough, the ABQ chick texted me out of the blue, after over a year of not talking, in June, from her new Colorado phone number (I've had the same phone number for about 3 years, which is how she remembered). Kind of creepy to do when I'm now married. Maybe some regret on her part, heh.

X: I <3 Super Smash, but I don't own it anymore. I gotta go to Corrupt's house to get my fix of that, but he kills me at it every time. I really need to buy it again and practice more.

Posted by O.T.L

hi :)

SSBB will get you addicted....

Posted by maian

Where is she in CO? I can stalk her for you. :cool2:

I don't think I'll ever truly outgrow games. Compared to most gamers I know, I actually play marginally less, and never own nearly as much games due to lack of money. However, I've found that despite this, I've always been more interested in gaming than...pretty much anybody I know outside of the internet.

[quote=maian;874788]Where is she in CO? I can stalk her for you. :cool2:

I don't think I'll ever truly outgrow games. Compared to most gamers I know, I actually play marginally less, and never own nearly as much games due to lack of money. However, I've found that despite this, I've always been more interested in gaming than...pretty much anybody I know outside of the internet.
I think she's somewhere in Denver. The weirdest part is, she was complaining to me about her current situation with her mom and current boyfriend, via texts. Eventually, I just got too bored to respond anymore, so she hasn't texted me since.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'll stalk her (as I live in Denver) for you.

ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER, STAT.

No clue, but her myspace is /sjl. If you know her, have at it, and make sure to do it up as creepy as possible!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Oh man, I hope she was one of those stupid enough to post her address or number or something.

Posted by Iris

Welcome back, Admiral. It's nice to see some one grown up. Congratulations on your marriage.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yes, it's always refreshing to see a mature and responsible person on a forum dedicated to video game discussion

Oh, I'm anything but mature and responsible, just pretending to be grown up :P

oll jk guyz srsly

Thanks Iris

AND XERO can't forget xero

Posted by maian

lol I'm in Denver too

kinda

AND WAIT I NEVER ONCE KNEW THERE WAS ANOTHER COLORADAN HERE, MUCH LESS ONE THAT LIVES IN DENVER. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I DEMAND EXPLANATION NOW.

well actually I'm in highlands ranch which is like 20 minutes from Denver but still :cool:

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm not close to anyone, ****it. IOWA SUX. Actually, it's alright, but NOT GREAT.

Posted by maian

No, Iowa sucks

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm going to keep myself in denial.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting maian:
AND WAIT I NEVER ONCE KNEW THERE WAS ANOTHER COLORADAN HERE, MUCH LESS ONE THAT LIVES IN DENVER. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I DEMAND EXPLANATION NOW.

You never asked.

Posted by Hyper

sup budday

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: wee tite liek peez and carotz

thug lyfe

Posted by Kamek

Freddy is married!!!!!!! **** I'm OLD now =[. Can you believe we've been a part of this community for this long? Congrats man!

Posted by WillisGreeny

E-mails of privates, exc.

Heh yeah. I was a fat pale greasy middle school kid when I started here. Now I'm a scrawny dark hairy bastard. It'll be even weirder when I post here again when I have kids. Heh, maybe they'll start posting here eventually, when Jesse's running the site from a retirement home

Posted by Iris

...don't let you children near Jesse. He's not a real webmaster.

Posted by Kamek

So are you going to tell us the juicy details and the story of how this all happened or is that more PM material? Congratulations once again. It's just amazing to me how a great deal of our lives have been spent being a part of WoN, form when were were just kids playing video games to being married. Ridiculous.

Oddly, DDR began it, then baseball continued it, weightlifting helped it, a general diet change of eating healthier continued it further, more cardio and lifting still continued it, and cutting out almost all meat and dairy has jacked it up a notch. I'm about 187 at 6'1 now. At my worst I was almost 290 at 5'11.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Kamek: It's just amazing to me how a great deal of our lives have been spent being a part of WoN, form when were were just kids playing video games to being married.

Now, when you humanoids have kids, get them addicted to video games, and then addicted to da forums!!!

Oh, and name your first born son...Jesse Wacko *Your last name.*!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Oddly, DDR began it, then baseball continued it, weightlifting helped it, a general diet change of eating healthier continued it further, more cardio and lifting still continued it, and cutting out almost all meat and dairy has jacked it up a notch. I'm about 187 at 6'1 now. At my worst I was almost 290 at 5'11.

Haha, I meant the whole wife thing :) .