Batman: Arkham Asylum

Posted by Big Boss

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19816

[quote]
"This completely original title explores Gotham City

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Only interested because they said it's BioShock-esque. Let's see if they can live up to that. Hasn't been a great Batman game since, like, the NES.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Only interested because they said it's BioShock-esque. Let's see if they can live up to that. Hasn't been a great Batman game since, like, the NES.

Wait, you want it to be a completely watered down version of a spiritual predecessor? why is that a good thing?

DURHURHURHURHUR

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote]Rocksteady Games (Urban Chaos: Riot Response)Gonna suck. You want to make a good Batman game? You take Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed and you bash them together. TA-DAAAAAAAAAAA

Ubisoft Montreal should be developing it then. ALAS

Posted by Meyet

Dang, someone reminded me I want to play Assassin's Creed. My life is feeling once again, incomplete.
Still, perhaps it's my lack of experience in a lot of video games, but I think this Batman game sounds neat, and at least worth a try. Even if it's not Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed bashed together.

Posted by Meyet

And while I'm thinking about it, you know a lot of people are going to be buying and playing it anyway. After Dark Knight, it must pull in a bit more sales than it might have otherwise.
Which is unfortunate to say, but a lot of people seem to work that way. I'd like to be able to have a sturdy opinion of my own on it, eventually.

Assassin's Creed sucks pretty hard. Play it until you kill the third guy and IMMEDIATELY turn it off. Just so you can remember it as a good game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The gameplay was good (combat aside). It's just that they gave you seriously boring **** to do with it.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Hasn't been a great Batman game since, like, the NES.

Nah... Adventures of Batman & Robin by Konami is arguably the best Batman game ever made (SNES version), but the movie-based Batman game for the NES was good, too.

Also, Ubisoft's Batman: Vengeance (PS2, GCN) was a good entry in the series. The controls were a little hard to get used to at first, but it was otherwise a faithful rendition of the cartoon. Oh!! And I just remembered Konami's Batman Returns on the SNES. It was a hard, but very polished and enjoyable beat 'em up with top-notch presentation to boost.

Hmmm... now that I think about it, no comic-based Batman has been good.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Assassin's Creed sucks pretty hard. Play it until you kill the third guy and IMMEDIATELY turn it off. Just so you can remember it as a good game.

Wow... that's EXACTLY how I feel about Assassin's Creed. All of a sudden, a light bulb on top of your head will turn on, and you'll realize it's one of the most repetitive games ever.

Posted by Shade

Dude I was so sad a week after I beat Assassin's Creed. I had sold it, and realized all I wanted to do was walk around and knife people with the hidden blade. siiiiiigh

Posted by Meyet

Lol. Sounds like something I'd want to do on Grand Theft Auto. Walk around and knife people.

Quoted post: Dude I was so sad a week after I beat Assassin's Creed. I had sold it, and realized all I wanted to do was walk around and knife people with the hidden blade. siiiiiigh

Using the hidden blade was the only way to keep the combat interesting, if only because you sped the whole fight up infinitely.

Posted by Zeta

Hamill confirmed for Joker.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

http://kotaku.com/5037545/batman-arkham-asylum-in-pictures

Screenshots. Looks pretty nice, all things considered.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WE WANT HIM TO LOOK LIKE COMICS JOKER

NO NO NO, WE WANT HIM TO LOOK LIKE MOVIE JOKER

NO WE WANT HIM TO LOOK LIKE ANIMATED SERIES JOKER

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I see the game is emulating Bioshock's feel by having similar People Made of Wax technology.

Thanks for the screenshots though, hun.

idk, the guy got it right I think. Looks way more like Chronicles of Riddick.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[IMG]http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/games/gamecube/action/batman_dark_tomorrow_robin.jpg[/IMG]

Holy cocksplat Batman! What the **** is that smell?! Did someone just **** out 'Dark Tomorrow'?!

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Hasn't been a great Batman game since, like, the NES.

Adventures of Batman and Robin and even Batman Forever for Super Nintendo are good Batman games. I still get the craving to play those games these days. Good multiplayer and Batman and Robin had interesting levels/villians. Mad Hatter had a great stage. Difficult and fun and I remember much of the music for that game being great too.

But since those, there's been nothing good from Batman games, although I always wish for good. I thought there was a Lego Batman game coming out?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;874400]..even Batman Forever for Super Nintendo..
Excuse me? What's that? Don't think I heard you quite right.. what are you, ****ing retarded? BF was by far the worst Bat game to date, right up there- in front of Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) and Dark Tomorrow (GCN, PS2, XB). That mocap **** only works for the MK universe, not comic book beat 'em up knock-offs..

As for LEGO, still looks to be on the move-
[youtube=-KL-yQ2GtsM&hl]-KL-yQ2GtsM&hl[/youtube]

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Tyler Durden: Excuse me? What's that? Don't think I heard you quite right.. what are you, ****ing retarded? BF was by far the worst Bat game to date, right up there- in front of Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) and Dark Tomorrow (GCN, PS2, XB).

The PS2, the system with the biggest installed base in the last generation, managed to avoid the Dark Tomorrow turd, ironically.

However, I remember renting and liking Batman: Forever, but I'm aware of the game's generally negative reputation.