im still alive

Posted by Lord of Spam

I have 6 more days of powerschool left. Ive already accrued enough points that I basically can fail the last three tests and still graduate.

i am now pretty much fully versed on the ancient and eldrich art of doodads. fear me.

also, butts.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I hope you die an ironic death to doodads

Posted by The Judge

I hope you go away forever.

In a funny manner.

Like being rocketted out of a cannon.

Posted by #061402

And here I thought I'd see the "Still Alive" lyrics. =/

too hipster for poco

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

poco what

still alive rrrrrr geeks ran that **** into the ground

Posted by Linko_16

Matt Miller has yet to be brutally murdered by the terrorists he bravely opposes each and every day.

Posted by Lord of Spam

*****es dont know bout my super powers

my pay is about to pretty much double in 10 days. wewt.

Posted by mis0

Save them bucks. It's jsut a few short months to Camaro and Genesis Coupe times!

also wb fivehead

Posted by ExoXile

Matt Miller's awwright.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting #061402: And here I thought I'd see the "Still Alive" lyrics. =/

Fact of the day for 13/08/08:

Final Fantasy VII is only good if you're thirteen

Posted by Ant

lol that wus randum! xD

huh, and come to think of it I was 13 when I first played ffvii. wait no 14. ah man, good times.

I was also 13 when I played it. Might've been one of my christmas presents that year actually. Still didn't enjoy it back then.

matt miller

Posted by Ant

I sure did!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt miller

you know what was a good playstation christmas present? Ape Escape. Played that game from start to finish in one sitting on christmas morning. Good times.

also, matt miller

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I remember beating Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon in one sitting. Though that's mainly because I didn't have a memory card. Loved that game.

love matt miller

I actually played and finished that game in the week I had to be at my stepmom's office. One of the few games I brought along with me since they had an N64 in the breakroom.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I also beat Beautiful Katamari in one sitting. Fuuuuuuuuk

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: I also beat Beautiful Katamari in one sitting. Fuuuuuuuuk

I beat half of it. Got stuck at the one where you have to make the sun.

I almost beat Tales of Symphonia in one setting. Marathon grind session of epicness.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WELL THATS PRETTY COOL I GUESS

BUT MY VIDEO GAME DICK IS BIGGER

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I almost beat Tales of Symphonia in one setting. Marathon grind session of epicness.

Holy ****.

Posted by Linko_16

I beat every game ever in one sitting.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Linko_16: I beat every game ever in one sitting.

Well, Linko, that's why you are a *** amongst us.

Posted by Slade

urrrghghhghghghg ape escape. MISS THAT GAME.

Speaking of games from around that time, I got a used copy of Jet Moto 3 last night. ONLY RACING GAME THAT mattERS miller

Posted by Ant

I only liked the 1st one. game was so awesome.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Linko_16;873445][COLOR=indigo]I beat every game ever in one sitting.[/COLOR]

dude shut up there's no way you beat the third level of the lion king for the genesis

**** THOSE OSTRICHES

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Ant: I only liked the 1st one. game was so awesome.

It was all about the glacier and swamp levels.

Posted by Ant

and the one level with the huge rock that you could LAUCH OFF OF. not sure why we had so much fun with that thing.

Posted by The Judge

Because if you did enough tricks in one jump, some cowboy would go "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!"

Quoted post: Speaking of games from around that time, I got a used copy of Jet Moto 3 last night. ONLY RACING GAME THAT mattERS miller

Only good Jet games are Jet Set and Jet Grind. and Moto, but just the first one.

Posted by Slade

does the first one have purple plasma grappling devices?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you boys seem to be forgetting

DIDDY

KONG

RACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: you boys seem to be forgetting

DIDDY

KONG

RACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Oh man, that game was great.

There's no Jet in that title.

AND that game sucked

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

whats wrong could the lil baby not beat the silver coin challenges

I was still playing Mario Kart with my friends, and MK is vastly superior when it comes to MP.

Posted by The Judge

Jet Motto 1 was good, and so was Diddy Kong racing if only for the planes. Mario Kart was also good. Three cheers to everything.

Posted by #061402

Jet Force Gemini.

**** yes, that game was so hyped to **** back in the day. Ended up being pretty good.

Posted by #061402

I loved that game. ****, I was playing that while waiting for 1999 to turn into 2000. I was feeding fish on the first level in some secret little alcove.

Never beat the last boss though. **** being young!

Posted by Slade

It took me a while to remember exactly what game that was... I knew a kid who had it, and we played probably around 10 times all together. the best of times

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I almost beat Tales of Symphonia in one setting. Marathon grind session of epicness.

That took me a few weeks at first

Then I revisited it over the summer two years ago, and being bored out of my ****ing skull in the middle of nowhere, managed at least fifteen consecutive playthroughs

What a waste

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;873909]**** yes, that game was so hyped to **** back in the day. Ended up being pretty good.it was good until that ****ty collectathon at the end. put the card in my rack and never looked back.

Posted by Lord of Spam

racing games are fun. you know whats more fun? actually driving.

fags.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yes because i often get the opportunity to drive super cars at 120mph through oncoming traffic while going neck and neck with other drivers

the army has turned you into a fag, you know that right

when are you going to trot out the guitar hero argument

Posted by mis0

Quoting The X: yes because i often get the opportunity to drive super cars at 120mph through oncoming traffic while going neck and neck with other drivers

Look it's not our fault you live in a police nanny social welfare eurocrat country. Here in eagleland it's all about guns 'n' cars 'n' country music 'n' George Bush.

Understand that, you limp-wristed pinko commie?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

b-b-b-but why play a fighting game when you could go into the street and punch someone yourself for free

Posted by #061402

You know what's even cooler than driving? Running! Et cetera.

Quoted post: it was good until that ****ty collectathon at the end. put the card in my rack and never looked back.

Why do games even bother with that ****? I'd enjoy a shorter experience more than COLLECT EVERYTHING just to lengthen the game. WIND WAKEEEEEEEEEEEEER

also, anyone who says "durhurr why would you play this when you can do it in real life?!" is a faggot. because you can't do it in real life without going through a ****ton of trouble.

Posted by #061402

Not to mention the majority of it costs a ****load of money. And/or will get you a prison sentence.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

shooting games? why not go to iraq faggot :rolleyes:

Posted by Ant

look at what matt miller has done with just one post.

HOWEVER, sports games. might have a point in regards to those. YEAH MADDENNNNNNN

Posted by #061402

He came, posted, and the ripples from the post nearly tore DA apart.

Quoted post: HOWEVER, sports games. might have a point in regards to those. YEAH MADDENNNNNNN

Again, going through trouble. Gotta get a good sized group together, at least six, and then play it out for however long it might take. Sometimes... you just don't wanna do that but still play FOOTBAAAAAAALL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

and you might be fat

yeah, that would do it too.

Or like, if I wanna play hockey or something. road hockey isn't the same as hockey, and good luck getting a decent rink in august.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting The X: b-b-b-but why play a fighting game when you could go into the street and punch someone yourself for free

you teach me how to summon suffering irl and i'll cede that you have a point.

faggot.

also, im gettin a ye olde motorbike soon, so ill be doin plenty of drivan'. ha.

racan games are about, you know, racan not drivan. enjoy your boring driving

Posted by Lord of Spam

wait... you mean you can go drivan without racan? what the hells the point in that?

besides, even just drivan on a bike feels like racan most of the time.

except you're not really racing against anyone.

Posted by Lord of Spam

...lol.

you obviously have never truely embraced the spirit of drivan

pretending to race against a minivan full of kids and a businessman on the phone isn't racing. It's you pretending to race against people completely unaware of what you're doing.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, cuz its not like i know a ****ton of guys around here with bikes that enjoy just getting on the highway and going nowhere.

durr hurrrrrr

cause that's the same as racing right? which is illegal. Which means I highly doubt you'll be pushing it.

Posted by mis0

IDK, where I live it's possible to drive for an hour or more and never see a police officer.

Posted by Slade

that's impossible here. christ, once I stopped to look at the river in the moonlight (I was feeling a little GAY, okay?) for a few minutes and right as I was leaving a patrol dude was just getting there, slowing down like a badass. and in town it's common to see 3 or more cops in like a half-hour of driving.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: pretending to race against a minivan full of kids and a businessman on the phone isn't racing. It's you pretending to race against people completely unaware of what you're doing.

idk, I always thought it was pretty funny.

kinda like the one time at a stop light I start revving my engine next to this guy with a hardcore sports car. light turns green and he ****ing hauls ***, as I just turn into the next parking lot. made me lol pretty good.

funny, but not actually racing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

2GRIM2FURRYUS: ST CATHARINES DRIFT

Posted by Ant

oh, well I have raced a friend down one of the main streets in town for aways. going about 80 in a 45mph street. FUN STUFF.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

holy **** did you see that rusty old van cut off the x-series in the inside lane

monster kill, bro

my rusty ol' van would break down if I tried to rev it

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My current car does hardcore rpm in first gear, even when I'm only feathering the gas. Not sure why, because it's only a slight step up from a soccer mombile.

Posted by cool gamer dad

man, you could get a race anywhere here. just pull up alongside a mexican.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hot dog carts dont make very good competition for my corsa sorry

Posted by mis0

Quoting Slade: that's impossible here. christ, once I stopped to look at the river in the moonlight (I was feeling a little GAY, okay?) for a few minutes and right as I was leaving a patrol dude was just getting there, slowing down like a badass. and in town it's common to see 3 or more cops in like a half-hour of driving.

Probably thought you were ditching a body like the MAFIA. When I drive across the state (mostly at night) I can keep it buried and do 90-110mph the whole way without much worry of getting pulled over. Makes trips to see friends at other colleges mcuh quicker :)

Only time I can break the speed limit by a large margin is on the highway. But that's only because the cops are going, like, 50 miles over the limit so they couldn't give a ****.

Posted by #061402

It'd be extra funny if one cop pulled over another, speeding, cop and gave him a ticket.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: except you're not really racing against anyone.

Unless you lock eyes with the guy next to you at a stop light.

does america have a law where if you're caught racing or stunting your car is immediately taken away?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

stunting?

[IMG]http://www.funny-potato.com/images/stunt-accident/stunt-car.jpg[/IMG]

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW

anything stunt related. Racing, going over a certain speed, doing donuts, burnouts, etc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

pig-disgusting americans drive automatics, they cant do burnouts

unless holding down the gas and shifting from park to drive is considered a burnout these days

Posted by Ant

sounding pretty exoxile there buddy.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The X: unless holding down the gas and shifting from park to drive is considered a burnout these days

"Tranny slams", as they're known, are neutral to drive, not all the way from park. What do you think would happen if the old slushbox grabbed reverse on the way over?

States and municipalities usually decide how to define things like "racing" and "stunting" and how these are enforced and punished. Out here, "racing" is simply purposely trying to go faster than other cars. But people rarely are ever busted for racing other drivers because that's kind of uncommon to begin with. More common are really big tickets for off the charts speeding. One guy was caught doing just shy of 100mph in the metro area where the speed limit was 40mph. Wasn't racing anybody, though!

That's the same for here. I think it's, like, 40-50 kilometers over the limit no matter what and you get a stunting ticket, immediately lose your license and get your car jacked yo.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=mis0;874864]"Tranny slams", as they're known, are neutral to drive, not all the way from park. What do you think would happen if the old slushbox grabbed reverse on the way over? having never seen an automatic transmission in my life, i assumed park was neutral

Posted by Linko_16

I had a manual for a while and hated it, but looking back, that may have only been my hate of the car it was installed in.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The X: having never seen an automatic transmission in my life, i assumed park was neutral

They're really that uncommon up there? They're all too common here in the states. For the most part they're kinda dumb and slow, and I'm surprised most people shell out the extra $1000 it usually costs to get them when they're optional. My car has an auto, which I pretty much hate. Eats torque, it's very slow to shift, and the gears are somewhat short, even though there are only 4 of them.

I'm getting a manual on my next car for sure.

Technical stuff: Neutral on an auto is just like neutral on a manual. In park, the autobox pops a pin out inside of a cylinder that has a little notch in it. When the pin enters the notch, the transmission is physically locked from moving. You don't even have to set the e-brake, and many auto drivers don't.

Posted by Ant

I always set the e-brake. :/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They're super uncommon here, to the point where you have a partially-retarded license if you pass your test in one. I've never known anyone who drives one, or even seen one for that matter. Been driving manual all my life.

Posted by mis0

Huh. They teach us on autos because they want us to "focus on the road, not the car." Which, I'm actually inclined to agree with somewhat. Stupid teenagers are probably better of in an auto if they're not abusing the simplicity of it by talking on their cell phones, etc.

Posted by Lord of Spam

yet another reason im looking forward to getting my bike: control of the revs.

but **** msi0, if the speed limits are that lax out there i might have to go check it out. maybe pwn your *** in a race or two ;)

oh, and im moving into my house probably tomorow night. not sure when the electricity and internetz will be set up, but once it is ill at leats have the ability to post. granted, ill be working rotating 12 hour shifts, so ill be on at all sorts of weirdass hours, but hey, better than nothing.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting mis0: You don't even have to set the e-brake, and many auto drivers don't.

Quoting Ant: I always set the e-brake. :/

Ditto. Feels safer.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what in heck's name is an ebrake

Is that anything like a handbrake?

Posted by Ant

I think so...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If it secures the car then yes.

Posted by #061402

E-brake? Why can't countries use the same word for stuff?

Posted by Linko_16

Emergency brake. I dunno why they call it that, really.

Posted by #061402

Figured it might be something like that.

e-brake is the superior word. Handbrake. ****ing stupid.

Quoted post: having never seen an automatic transmission in my life,

cause scotland is poor and stupid. full of big babies who can't afford the extra money

Posted by Linko_16

As far as I know, it's the same thing as a handbrake, to answer someone's earlier question.

EDIT - Ninja'd. I don't really care what it's called, though I don't really know if I'd ever end up using it in an emergency.

actually, it's called a slide stick around here anyways. so whatever

though e-brake makes sense, since, you know, it's supposed to be used (iirc) when the real brake decides to stop working.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"I drive a lot of rental cars; I dont always know whats going on with them. Sometimes I drive for a few miles with the emergency brake on. That doesnt really say a lot about me, but it really doesnt say much for the emergency brake. Its really more of an emergency make-the-car-smell-funny lever."

sleep well, gentle prince

Doesn't the e-brake not work particularly well when the actual brake is still operational?

Posted by mis0

The emergency brake only meant to be used when the car is parked to prevent it from rolling away, in the event that it slips out of gear (auto only; always necessary on a manual). You certainly can use it while moving to slide around corners and stuff if you have a fairly taut, hand-operated e-brake, but in terms of actual vehicle-stopping performance, you'd likely crash in the event of a brake system failure because at anything but a very low speed, it's pretty much worthless.

Like I said, with an autobox, you don't even technically need it, because a metal rod locks the transmission in place. Manual transmissions need them because the only thing preventing the car from moving is the resistance of the engine through the transmission, that's it. On a steep enough hill, the resistance between the engine and transmission will be overcome by gravity, and sans brake, the car rolls away.

As for why they don't call them handbrakes in the states - it's because they're not always hand operated. A lot of cars with automatic transmissions have a pedal a few inches to the left of where you would expect to find a clutch pedal that operates the brake. Possibly strange to eurolanders as well would be the column-mounted shift levers on many American automatic cars. My old Buick had both of those.

Personally, I always set the e-brake before letting my foot off the brake, as it's necessary when driving a stick, and once you do, it's hard to go back.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting mis0: The emergency brake only meant to be used when the car is parked to prevent it from rolling away, in the event that it slips out of gear (auto only; always necessary on a manual). You certainly can use it while moving to slide around corners and stuff if you have a fairly taut, hand-operated e-brake, but in terms of actual vehicle-stopping performance, you'd likely crash in the event of a brake system failure because at anything but a very low speed, it's pretty much worthless.

That's what I thought, which is why I don't know why they call it an emergency brake. In the event of an emergency, where the car is out of control, it can't do **** for you.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: actually, it's called a slide stick around here anyways. so whatever.

So that's why my dad always pulls it to slide over the ice in the winters.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HANDBRAKE IS NOT A STUPID NAME

IT IS A BRAKE THAT IS OPERATED BY YOUR HAND

WHAT IS STUPID ABOUT THAT

everything

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*applies handbrake so he can get out of his car and KIK UR A[COLOR=Silver]SS[/COLOR]*

applies slide stick to do a sweet 360 spin

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

**** bro thats a x2 multiplier for your burning route stunt run

*flips out like dj atomika*

I have pretty much everything completed in that game except stunt runs. I couldn't be any worse at them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The new cars in Cagney are sweet as hell, especially the boostless one. I'm trying to get the online race achievements, but I suck at the 'drive whatever way you want' driving style in this game.

Oh yeah, I'm still meaning to download that update. What's it have anyways?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Some new cars, 70 new challenges, redesigned airstrip, adds a new frontend menu, bug fixes and the ability to customize your own races (finally we can do that freeway race we used to want).

There's some other **** too, but I forgot.

Oh, that's pretty sweet! Does willeth still play the **** out of it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We played the day it launched, but since then, haven't seen him.

Too busy playing his arcade games I bet

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BRAID

I played Braid today. I don't get it.

Gonna pick up some points and buy GeoWars 2 and Galaga when it comes out. The dude who made Braid is like "waaaa I'm poor buy my game" so I'm not gonna.

That and it doesn't seem like I'll get any replayability at all out of it, which kinda defeats the purpose of arcade games imo.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BUT DONT YOU SEE

ITS ART

GAMES... AS ART

I don't get why people say that. it's got nice backgrounds, but otherwise I don't see anything overly artistic about it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Probably all the ****ty poetry and stuff that shows up between levels. Other than that I just felt it was a 2D Sands of Time with the Jiggie puzzles from Banjo-Kazooie in between.

Way different from sands of time and the concept is good (can't die, constantly changing time modes, etc) but it seems like a 10 buck game at the most.

Posted by Ant

I didn't get it for the same reason in that it doesn't seem to have good replayablity. I'll maybe get Galaga Legends and I'm getting Castle Crashers for sure the week after.

Oh yeah, Castle Crashers is what I meant to get. Even if CC didn't have replayability, the fact that you can play it with buds over the internet make it infinitely more desirable. Costs the same too, doesn't it?

Posted by Ant

15 bux. but in this case well worth the price.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why must i be poor right now

WHY

I was rich when **** like Beautiful Katamari was out WHYYYYYYYY

Posted by Ant

was beautiful katamari really that bad?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Beat it in a day, played it for two more to get achievements. Not bad, but not worth 30 britdollars.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it if it's your first time with the game. Otherwise it's literally the exact same game as the PS2 games.

Posted by Ant

I remember the first time I played the first one. took me a minute or two to figure out it took BOTH sticks to move the **** thing. but hey, I liked the first one, and if it's like that, then maybe I'll get it if I find it for a low enough price.

you'll definitely find it for a low price

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what're you buying... stranger

Posted by Ant

eh, kinda wishing I hadn't got mass effect. don't really like it so far.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I didn't like it at first either. It gets better the more you become familiar with the gameplay.

Posted by Ant

seems shoddy at best.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think I raged at the game and didn't play it for a week when I got to the giant Geth AT-AT thing outside where Liara was and couldn't beat it.

Nah, the game is ****ing awesome. You just have to level up and not play soldier. I'd I'm going to assume you've gotten past the first Citadel area.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Play as an Adept and you will love the game. FROZEN AERIAL CORPSES

BARRIER, LIFT, STASIS, SINGULARITY, BARRIER, WARP, STASIS, THROW everything is dead

by 75% mark you have unlimited barrier and stasis regenerates before it even wears off. Un***ly killing machine.