Reasons I got a P-3 over the 360

Posted by Liquid Gears

1. Most of their good games are FPS..sorry everyone I HATE FPS games..I love COD4 though don't get it twisted. I hate Halo, Gears, Resistance, and all the others though.
2. I rather have an expandable list of games to play than just hardcore gaming. Like Final Fantasy XIII(before its xbox release), *** of War III, Rachet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Drakes, and basically more than one genre(i.e FPS on 360)
3. Sport games are best on the PS3. i've played both. Don't get me wrong 360 is raw but it feels more in control on the PS3.
4. I DO NOT want to pay for internet each month I already do that nor do I want to pay 50 bucks to play online. I can use that to get MGS4.
5. MGS4
6. The controller..I didnt complain about the shock..I got it now so who cares. I think the PS3 controller is awesome classic and simple.
7. Its not as expensive as you think..550 for the system...itll be 550 for the Elite as well if you get internet...when on the PS3 its free internet..

Xbox does have more GB but I dont think im going to run out of gb's anytime soon though. 80 is plenty.
I have a wii also. I love that system but who doesn't.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

good for you?

and no one likes the wii here

Posted by Liquid Gears

Just putting an opinion in.. lol...but uh yeah sorry the world speaks for everyone more than this place does

but you're not speaking to the world.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Having to post a thread validating your purchase = you made the wrong choice.

hahaha

Posted by Vasioth

Not to mention that there is RPG's, Driving Games and other Tatical Games actually on the 360 and not all of the 360 is made for FPS (Lost Oddesy, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, FFXI, etc etc) - (PGR,PGR2, Test Drive, Forza, etc are far superior than Motor Storm).

Not to mention that the PS3 actually doesn't have that many good games aside MGS4 or DF, which aren't [U]Even[/u] that good in all honesty, not worth buying the console for.

Off Topic: Also an interesting fact for Americans is that to the people who pay for Xbox Live might not have to sooner or later as Microsoft were thinking of making it free to attract more people in (aside the cost of your own internet connections, etc).

Posted by #061402

I find it amusing how you try to defend the 360 to avoid hatemongering assaults on your post.

And if you can't put aside 50 bucks for an entire year, then you're just cheap.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Vasioth;872925]
Off Topic: Also an interesting fact for Americans is that to the people who pay for Xbox Live might not have to sooner or later as Microsoft were thinking of making it free to attract more people in (aside the cost of your own internet connections, etc).

I'm sure Microsoft will hold off making anything free until they abso-fukking-lutely have to. Their future plans for Windows OS is inclined to make things that were once free have a monthly fee.

Posted by Kit

nah, they charge us because they host all of the matchmaking and leaderboards themselves instead of getting all of the 3rd parties to do it.

It also means that people are more willing to put online play into their games because Microsoft is paying for it.

Quoted post: nah, they charge us because they host all of the matchmaking and leaderboards themselves instead of getting all of the 3rd parties to do it.

As opposed to Sony who has dedicated servers for the large majority of their online games essentially making the games lag free even with 60 players? Yeah. That's not why we're paying.

We're paying simply because MS knows people will pay. On the flipside of that, Live is much, much better than PSN in its current state. From playing games to friends list and buying/downloading content, etc. But you can pretty much guarantee Sony is going to catch up and when it does it will still be free. And then MS will likely make a gold account free for everyone.

But you can already see them heading in that direction anyways. They recently made select online games free to play for silver accounts. ie those that are cross platform and a couple others.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, there's

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting #061402: I find it amusing how you try to defend the 360 to avoid hatemongering assaults on your post.

And if you can't put aside 50 bucks for an entire year, then you're just cheap.

I don't really mind if people post things about the Xbox360, its just when people don't overlook the fact that the 360 actually has a lot of Driving and RPGS/Adventure games just aswell as FPS. Probably a lot more then the PS3 has right now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have the PS3 and I couldn't care if someone said one was better then the other. But saying that the PS3 has the best games of a specific genre is retarded as you'll always find a game you at least liked in that genre on whatever console you play the game on (or hopefully you do).

And I don't mind actually paying the

Posted by #061402

[QUOTE=Vasioth;873450]And I don't mind actually paying the

He meant year.

Posted by #061402

I sure hope so.

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: He meant year.

Thanks for correcting me, I can't believe I mixed up the word year with Month =\ ..

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;872604]
and no one likes the wii here
I do. :)

Posted by O.T.L

if it wasnt for Brawl I wouldnt have a Wii.

I bought it a week before brawl came out I couldnt find them anywhere but a flea market, some guy had 15 of them, and I didn't get paid until the end of the day so I was hoping he wouldnt sell any so I could get one (my flea market is full of mexicans so I was sure they wouldnt get a Wii, especially not for $300). At the end of the day he had 1 left, I bought it. I was soooo happy. The end.

Posted by ExoXile

Wii will rise again.
Awesome games will come, I feel it in the water, the air, and the sand.

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting ExoXile: Wii will rise again.
Awesome games will come, I feel it in the water, the air, and the sand.

There has already been some good games out for it such as "No More Heroes" and "Okami" etc. Maybe TP if you count that but then its not a new release. Besides weren't they meant to be making a new "Killer" game again? (The game with the crazy graphics, I can't remember its name right now >.< )

Posted by ExoXile

Okami isn't a new release, either.

Posted by Vasioth

Yes but its a re-release which works a lot better on the Wii then it does on the PS2 (or I thought so anyhow).

Not a lot better. It's like RE4 on the Wii. The original worked fine, this just gave it new waggle which doesn't add a whole lot just makes it a tiny bit more comfortable. Still a straight port more or less. Which speaks badly for the console, really.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vasioth: Yes but its a re-release which works a lot better on the Wii then it does on the PS2 (or I thought so anyhow).

The PS2 version played better, apparently. It might have something to do with the fact that Clover Studios, creators of the original, didn't work on the Wii port. The Wii port was handled by Ready At Dawn, awesome ex-PSP developers of Daxter and G[color=yellowgreen]od of War[/color]

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting Big Boss: The PS2 version played better, apparently.* It might have something to do with the fact that Clover Studios, creators of the original, didn't work on the Wii port.* The Wii port was handled by Ready At Dawn, awesome ex-PSP developers of Daxter and G[color=yellowgreen]od of War[/color]
Well yeah I guess due to the fact you don't have to use a remote/nunchuck on the ps2 and I did get the PS2 ver first and enjoyed it on that console just as much as the Wii. I guess I just like the controller on the Wii a tad more, but it doesn't really affect the gameplay in the slightess I guess (Unless the Wii Monitor thing doesn't work and doesn't take in your commands, which I found happened quite a lot at times) =\ . Never knew it was ported by the PSP developers of Daxter though.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Liquid Gears;872584]
7. Its not as expensive as you think..550 for the system...itll be 550 for the Elite as well if you get internet...

Sony announced that the 80GB was dropping to $399 and the 40 gb dropping to $299

BTW Gears isn't a FPS, its a TPS

Posted by Zaith

I just have one slight thing to add FFXIII is being released same day for both consoles and being a person who doesn't really love the Fps genre I still find quite a few games to play I don't understand why everyone says its just for FPS gaming.

Cause a lot of FPS are released on the Xbox and tend to get more attention than the rest. So the shooters end up over shadowing the other releases.

and shooter in general are the biggest genre right now, so you know, it makes sense.

Posted by Liquid Gears

I agree with you Vampiro. Its hard to find anyone with a 360 that can refer me to games outside the genre. Sony tends to have a diversity of games that get public eye (Heavenly Sword, *** of War, MGS, Drakes Fortune and so on). Just how it is I guess.

Quoted post: I agree with you Vampiro. Its hard to find anyone with a 360 that can refer me to games outside the genre. Sony tends to have a diversity of games that get public eye (Heavenly Sword, *** of War, MGS, Drakes Fortune and so on). Just how it is I guess.

That's not what I said at all. And those games are only in the public eye because there's **** else on the PS3 so they have no choice BUT to get hyped.

Also, Killzone and Resistance. Sony's two biggest games right now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Shooters seem to be gradually falling out of vogue. Can't think of any released this year that have been a critical or commercial success. COD4 set the bar waaaay high. Gonna be a while before there's another shootan that good.

Posted by Shade

More like Halo.

It's not that they've fallen out of style, it's just all the good ones are coming out this holiday.

But yeah, CoD4 set the bar pretty high. Maybe not in terms of features, but in terms of playability.

Posted by Zaith

Its all about the customization, armor that does nothing or kick as perks...