Bernie Mac Died

Posted by Crazy K

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/09/bernie.mac/index.html?eref=googletoolbar"]Source nigga[/URL]

[Quote]
Comic actor Bernie Mac died early Saturday of complications from pneumonia, according to a family member and his publicist. He was 50.

He had been hospitalized in Chicago, Illinois, for more than a week with the lung infection.

Danica Smith, the comedian's publicist, had said Thursday that Mac's condition was "stable," The Associated Press reported.

"When I got the call this morning, it was just devastating news," said Chicago Sun-Times columnist Stella Foster. "Let's face it: Bernie Mac was one of a kind. He was the best of the best in terms of giving you a good laugh."

Smith previously said the pneumonia wasn't related to sarcoidosis, a lung disease Mac had, which had been in remission since 2005, according to AP.

Mac caused a stir in July with some jokes he made during a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, AP reported.

Mac -- born Bernard Jeffrey McCollough -- starred in the Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show." His film roles included the "Ocean's Eleven" series, "Friday," "Get on the Bus," "Transformers" and "Bad Santa.

Posted by junior senior

dude I'm really sad- I loved his show, I was watching it last night. :(
In fact, his show was the last thing I watched.
rip Bernie :(

Posted by Shade

Eh, wasn't really a fan of his. Still a shame he died kinda young, though.

RIP

Posted by Crazy K

I didn't like him much either, but he was somewhat funny at times. Yeah he was fairly young. I'm surprised Amy Winehouse hasn't died yet. lol

Posted by Fate

I thought he was funny. :(

Posted by O.T.L

I didn't like his show much, I like "My wife and kids" better.

I still liked him though and it sucks he died :( R.I.P Bernie

Posted by Tyler Durden

Did they mention if any contractual agreements for any future Batman films, were found in his hospital room?

R.I.P. Macman.. :(

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]He was really funny. Especially in the Ocean movies.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

2008 is now the death of comedians year.

RIP you lazy eyed bastard.

Posted by Tyler Durden

So, is it too late to motion for a "Comedian Death Prediction" thread?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Carlin wouldn't mind, and Mac wouldn't be surprised. I say go for it.

Posted by Crazy K

I predict Carlos Mencia will be next.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That would be AWESOME!

Posted by Crazy K

Yes, yes it would.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

MAn, I hope so.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Carlos Mencia dies at age 41-
Beaten to death by an angry mob of REAL Mexicans, joined by a disgruntled white postal worker and one racially confused Black guy..

Posted by Zaith

Quoting Tyler Durden: Carlos Mencia dies at age 41-
Beaten to death by an angry mob of REAL Mexicans, joined by a disgruntled white postal worker and one racially confused Black guy..

That's fine just one fix

Ned Arnel dies at age 41-

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

He was all right, at best. His show had, like, three funny moments and he was always the same supporting actor in every movie, so it's not like he did anything amazing to be sad over.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Sad he couldn't get anything amazing done.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

too busy being typecasted as black dude.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That reminds me of a scene in Harry Potter 5 where the black guy says "dumbledore gotz style". Hey! That guy's black, so he must know what cool is! I'll believe it when Paul Mooney says it, not just any black guy.

Posted by NeXidala

I was shocked to find out Bernie Mac had died. Kinda hard to believe since he was just doing new movies and stuff a couple of months ago.

I thought he was funny, I'm gonna miss him in movies and such.

RIP Bernie Mac.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

so bernie mack has a new movie comming out with samuel l. jackson that has a guest cameo of issac hayes playing himself.... hmm i would be scared if i was mr. jackson you know what I am saying???