Braid

Posted by strahanned

..crazy Xbox Live Arcade game.

At least try the demo. It's like a puzzle game with a story.

Posted by inequity

I love this game, I just beat it twice and now Im trying to get the 8 hidden stars. Worth the pricey 1,200 MS points in my opinion.

Posted by strahanned

Yeah, it's kinda sad how no one is willing to give it a chance. :/

****in' great game though, I'm stuck haha.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I want to buy it but I'm not willing to go buy MS points. Let alone 1,200 of them. If it was 800, which is all I have on my account, sure, I would've got it because it looks pretty awesome, but that's not the case.

Posted by strahanned

Dude, no play the trial game at least. It should make you wanna buy it.

Like I said, I already want to buy it. I've been wanting to buy it since they announced the concept. I just don't wanna pick up and buy that many MS points right now. I'll just wait until Galaga comes out.

Posted by Last Fog

1,200 is just too pricey. For 800 pts I'd definitely grab it, but I just don't wanna spend more than that on a game that I won't likely play for more than a week or two. Especially since there's a handful of other great and unique games on XBLA that are 800 pts, what makes them think this is worth more.

Posted by strahanned

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/34t7lo5.jpg[/IMG]

Penny Arcade speaks the truth.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I downloaded the demo, and I enjoyed it. I'm not willing to pay 1,200 MS points though.

There's a difference between 15 dollars and 1,200 microsoft points. People fail to realise this. I can spend cash willy nilly because it's easy and fast. But I have to go buy points with cash, then delicately scratch off the backing of the card hoping to hell I don't scratch off one of the numbers, then I have to type in the entire line and then I have to download the thing.

That's a lot of **** to get a game. I'd rather just walk into a store and buy the game. Way faster.

Posted by Ant

awww, vampo doesn't have a cwedit card? :(

regardless, played the demo, looks fun. but meh.

Have one, don't use it for frivolous ****.

Posted by #061402

Looks interesting, but 1,200 MP... **** that's rough on your wallet.

It only seems rough. That's the problem with MS points. Makes **** seem WAY more expensive than it actually it.

Posted by Shade

Once I get my 1,600 MS point code from gaming lagoon, I'll be all set. Can't wait to play out this game.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I purchased it, and it was worth it. So far I've completed World 2,3,4, and 5, and I'm trying to solve the world 6 puzzle.

But yeah it's a fun game.

Bionic Commando is better. And cheaper. And longer. With replayability.

That is all.

Posted by Last Fog

Yeah there's no reason for this to be 1200 points. There's a handful of other great and original games on XBLA that are only 800.

Seriously. You can buy Bionic Commando and GeoWars 2 for only five extra bucks and you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of both.

Posted by Crazy K

[FONT=Tahoma]I plan to get Bionic Commando by Friday, hopefully.
[/FONT]

Posted by strahanned

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Seriously. You can buy Bionic Commando and GeoWars 2 for only five extra bucks and you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of both.

Not so sure about "enjoyment"..I've played the BC: Rearmed demo and it didn't appeal to me, and I already have the first Geometry Wars and don't feel that the second warrants another 800 MS points. Both of those games are sequels anyway, and Braid is entirely fresh and new.

And all that crap about the game being 4-5 hours long is complete bull****. There's so many layers to Braid it's ridiculous. After you complete the game you can collect 8 stars and that'd take long enough. There's always Speed Runs, and etc.

Fresh/Unique/Great Gameplay, Great Music, Great Visuals/Art, Great Story is worth $15 any day. Period.

Quoted post: There's always Speed Runs, and etc.

lol

no thanks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

CASTLE CRASHERS YOU ****S

Posted by strahanned

So I'm assuming Vamp and Fog won't buy CC either?

Posted by Last Fog

Yeah so I just found out Castle Crashers will cost 1200 pts. I'll probably still get it though for the co-op because I know at least two of my friends are getting it as well. I'm hesitant though.

Posted by strahanned

How close is the 360 version to the internet flash game?

Is it a straight port or a bunch of new content?

Quoted post: So I'm assuming Vamp and Fog won't buy CC either?

Online co-op and more than six levels? Worth the extra five bucks.

and castle crashers was never a flash game iir

Posted by strahanned

Six levels? Braid had a lot more than six levels..it had six worlds..

I thought it was on newgrounds.com for some reason.

six levels six worlds, whatever.

and you're thinking of the alien shmup

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Alien Hominid, which is essentially a stylized Metal Slug.

Posted by strahanned

What the hell is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zhaq9SBPvE

EDIT: Okay, nevermind..found out it was just one level, you can play it here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/429765

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/429765

Posted by Speedfreak

Apparantly the storyline is creepy, gameplay was okay when I played it but not all that. I thought it'd be as simple as Portal.

I heard the story is mighty vague.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/203-Braid]Zero Punctuation[/url] reviews it today.

Yeah, watched that about thirty minutes ago. It was awwight

Posted by Shade

Man that two doors one key area took me a while to get right too. OOOOH MUST JUMP BUT TURN AWAY AT THIS EXACT MOMENT BLABLABLA