Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[youtube=rg9t7uXkLyA]rg9t7uXkLyA[/youtube][LIST]
[*]oblivion with guns
[*]gore
[*]VATS (no more groin shots though )
[*]make your own guns
[*]it's like they put guns in oblivion
[*]one of the guns is a portable nuke
[*]guns guns guns[/LIST]I just got done with a FO2 playthrough, and ditching the isometric turn-based stuff was the best thing they could do for the series. Seriously, the combat has not aged well.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

OBLIVION WITH GUNS? GAME OF THE CENTURY

seriously

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Guns aside, I'm probably going to do a Kenshiro run where I invest in like 150% melee combat, agility and perception and get the Bloody Mess perk. **** will be intense, unlike Fallout 2's combat

You used strong kick
You missed
You used strong kick
You missed
You do not have enough points to use drugs
Old woman hit you critically for 200 points of damage, bypassing your armor

you are dead

If it's anything like Oblivion there will be an infinite amount of glitches that let you make your character a g[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d an hour into the game.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fallout 2 let you make a *** within the first ten minutes, though that was because the game had kickass freedom and let you go anywhere you wanted right away. Getting the best armor and a really strong rifle before you even started the main questline was awesome.

Yeah, Bethesda said they were trying to avoid that. Trying being the keyword.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[LEFT]****, they shouldn't. One of the best things about Fallout is just making your own adventure and doing the things you were interested in, rather than ****ty quests.
[/LEFT]

ah, here:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/20175

They made power armor a "perk" of sorts. You have to train yourself to be able to wear it and you don't get the perk until a bit later in the game. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Posted by #061402

Oh lol, teddy bear explosion.

This game looks sweet. Pre-ordered FTW.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I preordered the collector's edition.

Posted by #061402

So long 'til it's released though. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Two months? Hardly a long time.

Posted by CookieSlayer666

Personally, I can't wait for this... I've been counting the days for it. And yes, I've ordered the Survival edition. I think the thing I'm most excited about is the 10000+ endings it has... I mean REALLY???

[quote]During a March 21, 2008 Official Xbox Magazine podcast interview, Todd Howard revealed that the game had expanded to nearly the same scope as Oblivion. There were originally over 500 versions of the final cutscene, but due to recent upgrades, this expanded to nearly 10,000 possible permutations, all of which are determined by the actions taken by the player.
Taken from the wikipedia entry for Fallout 3... I saw it somewhere before, but went there to find the actual entry.

Posted by #061402

It's released this November... the 28th, to be exact. At least here.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

According to Wikipedia, the EU release is October 10.

Posted by #061402

Well, it is Wikipedia. The store I pre-ordered it from has the release date set to "2008-11-28", so I dunno. Maybe there's been a mistake someplace for either Wiki or the store.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

International encyclopedia with backed sources

vs

****ty European country video game store

the evidence is mounting up

Posted by #061402

Backed sources or not, they've in that case failed in their informing to the stores selling their games.

Quoted post: Two months? Hardly a long time.

gonna get delayed

Anywho, I've seen a lot of Oct. 7ths. Though I always thought it was announced for fall with no specific date.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The more I watch of the behind-the-scenes, the more I believe it will indeed be delayed. I mean, they haven't finalized the conversation system with 2 months left? auuugh man my lunchbox is gonna have to wait.

Posted by CookieSlayer666

On amazon.com the date is set for October 7th... perfect for my bday 2 days before... :D

if by 2 days before you mean 6 to 9 months after

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've been looking across the internet and I can't find an answer to this - where in Fallout continuity is FO3 set? Your character is a part of the Vault community, but 101 doesn't seem to have a Vault City but the Enclave are present ohh **** so confusing.

No continuity if I recall. It's in its own timeline, separate from the other games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BETHESSSDAAAAAAAA

It could have easily fit into the current timeline as it stands anyway. Not like DC and West California would have much overlap in Fallout's universe.

Who gives a **** about continuity. It's better they just reboot it and do what they want. People are going to ***** either way.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The only thing I really have a problem with is the Enclave being there if it's supposed to be immediately after the Vaults open.

they've only shown stuff from late in the game to the public. That mgiht explain it.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No continuity if I recall. It's in its own timeline, separate from the other games.

The original fallout games take place on the West Coast, and the American Southwest. This game takes place in Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. 4,500 miles is a pretty huge distance.

Plus the east coast is much more chaotic and less organized, or soemthing.

Posted by Klarth

What does the '3' in Fallout mean? I don't get it. They did the same thing for the first Grand Theft Auto game. These numbers don't make any sense.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER WILL RULE

DO U GUYS THINK THEY WILL PUT IN PERKS AND A MLG PLAYLIST?????

Posted by Klarth

I think it's because there were three islands. That's what it was in Grand Theft Auto III. I hope they make another Fallout 3 game; this looks wicked sick.

Posted by #061402

It would appear Wikipedia has changed the release date to just 2008. Anyone heard anything more specific?

Edit: Checked the official site. "Fall 2008" is all. [url=http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/faq.html]For all you unbelievers.[/url]

Posted by Ant

whatever, I just pre-ordered it for the poster and ****ty soundtrack thing. Yeah, I'm a sucker.

and since I haven't played the previous ones, I don't give a **** what they do with the series :D

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Ant: whatever, I just pre-ordered it for the poster and ****ty soundtrack thing. Yeah, I'm a sucker.

and since I haven't played the previous ones, I don't give a **** what they do with the series :D

Somewhere, a thousand NMA members just had aneurysms

Posted by Ant

why would the national miners association care what I think about fallout 3?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no mutants allowed

they want an isometric sprite rpg on the big consoles in the year 2008, that's all you need to know

wait, what's the poster? A map? Because I can't imagine bethesda NOT including a map in every box. Like Oblivion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Probably a map of Capitol Wasteland. WITH A HANDY PERK AND STAT CHART ON THE REVERSE

gonna be in every box then

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Really wish more games had ownage accompanying materials with them these days.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big fag for posters and maps. Halo 3 had a pretty good one, and the Oblivion map is pretty sweet. Even the GTA one.

Posted by #061402

I never touch maps these days because I wore out the one I got for Morrowind.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

It's gonna be intense switching between playing times of fallout, fable, and saint's row 2...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Saint's Row 2? Seriously? Fall/Winter 2008 is going to own. SR2 is not one of the reasons why.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php?fbid=B2pUbb

28 oktober

Going to be delayed.

And if it's anything like Oblivion only Fallout will exist. No other games.

Posted by Scottamus Prime

Personally I think Fallout 3 will be a awesome game I mean whats better then shooting your target from a distance and then go and get the benefits, I think I will be a sniper in this because of my favorite quote "Don't run away from a sniper you will only die tired." And besides High caliber rifles are my thing but all in all Fallout 3 will be a hit!!

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting The X: Saint's Row 2? Seriously? Fall/Winter 2008 is going to own. SR2 is not one of the reasons why.

I agree Fall is going to own... and saint's row is gonna be real fun to play, can you say co-op story? They have ad's for it starring Gary Busey on youtube, how can it suck!!??

Posted by Sapphire Rose

For the same reasons the first did.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

The first saint's row was a great entertaining game even if you want to consider it just a rental, best "gta clone" yet.

That's not really saying much.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's too soon for me to enjoy a GTA clone. Would rather play some new stuff first. *braces for speedfreak*

Like Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, Fable 2, RIGHT?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SEQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Gears of War 2 should probably be on that list too.

****, how'd I forget that. REHASH PIECE OF ****

THAT IS GOING TO RUUUUUULE

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: I agree Fall is going to own... and saint's row is gonna be real fun to play, can you say co-op story? They have ad's for it starring Gary Busey on youtube, how can it suck!!??

would you buy the new soulja boy single if patrick stewart was paid to jizz over how good it supposedly is

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting netman: would you buy the new soulja boy single if patrick stewart was paid to jizz over how good it supposedly is

that might be the lamest thing I have ever read on a message board...

and i am going to quote it so everyone can still read it, after you realize how lame it is and delete it

Was that a shot at Oblivion?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: that might be the lamest thing I have ever read on a message board...

and i am going to quote it so everyone can still read it, after you realize how lame it is and delete it

in ten years you will look back at yourself and cringe

i on the other hand am already post-ironic

boo ya young man, boo ya in yo face

whitey.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I very nearly forgot to reserve my copy of this.

I sure hope that my computer can actually run this game. :(

If it can run oblivion it can run fallout: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

Oh boy! <3

Gonna have to turn the GRAPHICS all of the way down, though.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting netman: in ten years you will look back at yourself and cringe

i on the other hand am already post-ironic

boo ya young man, boo ya in yo face

whitey.

new rule on vgchat for myself... ignore comments made by anyone younger than 18 years of age...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just realized the Vault Boy figurine is actually a bobblehead. **** will look so cash on the dashboard of my car.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: new rule on vgchat for myself... ignore comments made by anyone younger than 18 years of age...

i made an ascii diagram:

the point

your head

[no pubes]

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting netman: i made an ascii diagram:

the point

your head

[no pubes]

I shave my pubes on a weekly basis....

I bet you where/still are that kid that laughs at his own jokes in high school.

Posted by #061402

Hey, I come here to read about Fallout 3, not to know that you shave your pubes.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting #061402: Hey, I come here to read about Fallout 3, not to know that you shave your pubes.

welcome to vgchat. we use wiki for actual information.

No. Drop it. Carry on with the Fallout talk.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No nude model packs in Oblivion had pubes. I wonder if the modding community will wake up to this when the Fallout 3 development kit is released.

I COMBINED BOTH TOPICS

some of the character mods in oblivion make me lol pretty ****ing hard. Highly detailed anime chicks standing in front of a muddy background full of low-res character models? awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://i.somethingawful.com//sasbi/2006/05/frolixo/mod2.jpg[/IMG]

sup

I'm assuming that's a created character? If so, that's awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=The X;877465]Just realized the Vault Boy figurine is actually a bobblehead. **** will look so cash on the dashboard of my car.[IMG]http://img.waffleimages.com/8145c155d4bb949dc1f5493337e8b70505ffa516/IMG00278.jpg[/IMG]

i wasnt wrong, **** yeah

Posted by Klarth

no hotlinkan

Posted by #061402

I should be getting this Thursday, Wednesday if I'm lucky.

Preparations for hermit stage nearly complete.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=netman;894661]no hotlinkan****ing waffleimages

just imagine a vault boy figure

Just left hermit stage yesterday after being shut-in playing Far Cry 2. Forgot Fallout comes out tomorrow, so that was a waste of time. Just gonna be a hermit again for another week at least.

Or I might just wait until Christmas. Let all the bugs and glitches get reported so I can avoid them/exploit them. Saved me from numerous mission/gamebreaking glitches back in Oblivion anyways.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

malcom mcdowell is the president, holy ****

liam neeson is in here too

hey x I bought fallout and not gonna play it. I'm telling you this because I know you don't get it to friday and I can play it whenever I choose to but I'm not.

Posted by Shade

Vamp, this reminds me of when you had TWO copies of Portrait of Ruin and weren't playing either of them while Zeta and I raged at you for it.

Good times.

Can't get Fallout because of lack of money. :( NEXT WEEK FOR SURE, THOUGH.

Wasn't even going to buy it, but I needed a live subscription and saw it there so I was like UGH FIIIIIINE

Posted by Shade

Must be nice have 60 bux just floatin around.

100 bucks with tax. only had the limited edition

Posted by Shade

...I hate you. =/

I make at least 150 bucks a day, so whatever.

GET A JOB JEEZ

Posted by Shade

******* dude. I want your job, except I know jack **** about computers. Oh well I could work around that.

In the mean time I can't because "OMG SCHOOL IS YOUR JOB DON'T EVEN THINK OF GETTING EMPLOYED SOMEWHERE" It's like my parents don't want me to be a productive member of society. ****ing liberals.

Quoted post: ******* dude. I want your job, except I know jack **** about computers. Oh well I could work around that.

takes all of two days to figure out what cable plugs into what socket. I don't deal with software and that's where the job becomes hard. Which is why I don't do it!

Posted by Shade

Now that's the life I want to live.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: takes all of two days to figure out what cable plugs into what socket. I don't deal with software and that's where the job becomes hard. Which is why I don't do it!

whats your job title?

I am soo getting this game tomorrow.

I may or may not be getting a copy of the game Saturday.

Posted by #061402

Oh man, I get the game before X does? Almost made me want to wait to play it, just to be nice to the ol' chap.

Posted by Ant

GOT IT EARLIER TODAY AND PLAYED IT 4 HOURS STRAIGHT.

And let me say this, being evil isn't easy. I let Butchs mom die after saying "She's already dead, you should probably save yourself" (ns speech skill points). Killed the Overseer after thinking that was the only way. And then after stealing some food out of a fridge had to kill a bunch of cult members to get out and then the sheriff to leave town. I didn't know at the time you can just hide in an empty area for a little bit and everything will be fine. THE SELECT BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND. Also, I managed to find out about my father's whereabouts without paying that faggot for the information. Just haxed his computer. And I already made my choice in regards to the town. :evil:

Posted by O.T.L

I have an Xbrick. Fuuuuuuuuck.

I know some people that can fix it at my flea market though, but thats all the way till Saturday. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Posted by Ant

You could always do the towel trick. look it up on youtube.

and I would recommend sending to microsoft and getting a replacement instead of ruining your warranty.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah, you're better off getting it repaired by Microsoft.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fuuuuuck you guuuuuys

can't wait to buy the collector's edition also lol @ shade for being all like 'must be nice to have 60 bux floating around' like its some huge sum of money lol

Posted by O.T.L

IT WORKED!!1!uno!!!!one!!!

**** yeah! *rushes to buy copy of FO3*

Posted by Shade

Hey man, it's a lot of money. 100 bux though? Fortune.

Posted by RadioStatic

arhhhgggg i want to get this now

Quoted post: whats your job title?

Hardware technician/software assistant. Not sure why I have the latter title, I think it's just in case I'm the only on there or something. idk

Anyways. The collectors edition is pretty ****ing rad. The bobble-head has off colours, but it looks cool and it's sturdy. And the artbook? Holy ****, it's nice. Same with the lunchbox.

Still need to play it though. But I really want to finish Far Cry first. But it's tempting as ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i think the off-colors are intentional, since they were aiming for the whole TIME CAPSULE look

They're solid, dark colours though. You'd expect it to be lighter, more of a pastel shade, much like your avatar. But it's really not a huge complaint. I mean, the figure looks pretty good otherwise.

Leave it out in the sun for a few days and see if the colour changes.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ffffffff, really want

Quoted post: Leave it out in the sun for a few days and see if the colour changes.

This is winter buddy, the sun is gone for ten months. GREY SKY 4 LYFE

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

as if it's ever sunny in canada

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;895718]This is winter buddy, the sun is gone for ten months. GREY SKY 4 LYFE

Mail it to me, it's still summer down here.

Quoted post: as if it's ever sunny in canada

tropical climate yo

well, for 2 months out of the year anyways

Quoted post: Mail it to me, it's still summer down here.

like I'd ever get it back

You saw through my clever scheme.

Posted by O.T.L

I was trying to be the good guy, but everyone keeps shooting at me!

So I kill them.

No one but bad guys should shoot at you unless you steal, kill or **** them off. So clearly you weren't being good.

Though it's a lot harder to be good than bad. Which is a pain when you want to get the karma achievements. You should be able to level up with good karma, save before the level, steal and kill until neutral, level, reload save, steal and kill until bad karma, level, reload, level. But, **** getting good karma.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

gonna be making characters all over the place anyway, since the skill system still seems to favor spec'd min/maxing ****

Can't stand doing that ****. One character and one character only. Which is one reason I'm putting off starting. not sure what I want my character to use.

I'll likely only play through once because I'm lazy and it's a big game. I don't know why it would be hard to be good in this game, I did it just fine in the other 2.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I always ended up in a ****ing gunfight at some point, especially trying to appease the ***** in charge of Vault 13.

The only people that I ever got into gunfights with were the bad guys. :\

I did have to reload a couple of times talking to that *****, though. ****ing whore's out to get you.

Quoted post: I'll likely only play through once because I'm lazy and it's a big game. I don't know why it would be hard to be good in this game, I did it just fine in the other 2.

All the best part involve you getting bad karma and it's easier to complete objectives/get badass, unique loot.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;895824]All the best part involve you getting bad karma and it's easier to complete objectives/get badass, unique loot.

Guess it's different from the other games, then.

Pretty much exactly like Oblivion. No karma system, but it was more fun to be bad. I mean, surely the Dark Brotherhood quests would give you bad karma.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you worked for THE GREATER GOOD OF SOCIETY

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;895833]Pretty much exactly like Oblivion. No karma system, but it was more fun to be bad. I mean, surely the Dark Brotherhood quests would give you bad karma.

Actually by the time that I got that far in the game I had so much good karma from other quests that murdering people didn't even put a dent in it.

Posted by spideyboy3309

I thik this game will be VERY VERY awesome. Im buying it for my 360 tommorrow!

Posted by spideyboy3309

What the hell is up with those **** photos?! Dont discrace a good game you english bastard!

Posted by spideyboy3309

Whats up with all the pep boy photos? Though fallout 3 will be a good game!

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Great game. Mysterious Stranger is hands down one of the funniest/coolest things ive ever seen.

Quoted post: Actually by the time that I got that far in the game I had so much good karma from other quests that murdering people didn't even put a dent in it.

I'm not even sure what game you're talking about here.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;895956]I'm not even sure what game you're talking about here.

Oblivion.

Oh, the inclusion of karma screwed up. Took it as a serious post.

Posted by #061402

You mean reputation?

Ninja'd

oh yeah, it did have rep, didn't it? Totally forgot since mine was like 300 good and 40 bad. Didn't even bother checking it after I was done with the DB quests.

Posted by #061402

I made characters for each and every guild. Thought all but the DB and the last Thieves Guild quests were rather boring, to be honest.

Easy Achievements, too. Wish they would've had some more fun ones.

I liked the achievements. Wasn't the type of game where you need achievements like "FIND EVERYTHING" or "FALL A BILLION MILES"

Yeah, most of them could be pretty boring if you're not really into the game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it forced you try out every questline, so it's all good

That's actually a good point. Plus, it was a first gen 360 game so it was to be expected.

Posted by O.T.L

Man this is getting intense!

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: it forced you try out every questline, so it's all good

Yeah, it was good in that sense, I'm just saying it had a lot of chances to have some more amusing achievements.

Didn't need them. Achievements usually make up for lack of gameplay in a lot of cases, but that wasn't an issue in Oblivion. So progression achievements were enough.

Better than Fallout's anyways. Which are ****ing terrible.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Ant: GOT IT EARLIER TODAY AND PLAYED IT 4 HOURS STRAIGHT.

And let me say this, being evil isn't easy. I let Butchs mom die after saying "She's already dead, you should probably save yourself" (ns speech skill points). Killed the Overseer after thinking that was the only way. And then after stealing some food out of a fridge had to kill a bunch of cult members to get out and then the sheriff to leave town. I didn't know at the time you can just hide in an empty area for a little bit and everything will be fine. THE SELECT BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND. Also, I managed to find out about my father's whereabouts without paying that faggot for the information. Just haxed his computer. And I already made my choice in regards to the town. :evil:

I saved Butches mom, but killed the Overseer for being a dick. I left that "girlfriend" live but she has a concussion after I shot her in the face a couple of times. I was going to kill her but I was like nah I'm a good guy.

[spoiler]LOL[/spoiler]

Posted by maian

I hate you all

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GOT MY COLLECTOR'S EDITION RIGHT NEXT TO ME, POSTING FROM THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY TO GIVE YOU A GAMING UPDATE YEEEEEEEEEAH

aw, witty baby bring his lunch box to school?

Posted by #061402

Quoting O.T.L: I saved Butches mom, but killed the Overseer for being a dick. I left that "girlfriend" live but she has a concussion after I shot her in the face a couple of times. I was going to kill her but I was like nah I'm a good guy.

[spoiler]LOL[/spoiler]

I'm so good people give me gifts. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;896410]aw, witty baby bring his lunch box to school?brought it out in CS class, crowd went wild for a looksee **** yeah :cool2:

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting #061402: I'm so good people give me gifts. :(

Butch gave me a gangster jacket and pants. Didnt want to influence anyone to do something.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so what kind of characters have you guys made? my current guy is spec'd for charisma, intelligence, perception and agility, with tagged skills being small guns, speech and lockpicking

**** year

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, just realized my dad is liam neeson

bethesda, always making one of the intro characters an actor who resented their position in a Star _____ epic

Posted by #061402

Quoting O.T.L: Butch gave me a gangster jacket and pants. Didnt want to influence anyone to do something.

There's this town where I have been doing stuff, such as getting the sheriff shot in the back and some zealots ****ed at me. Rest of the town loves me and brings me coke.

Quoting The X: so what kind of characters have you guys made? my current guy is spec'd for charisma, intelligence, perception and agility, with tagged skills being small guns, speech and lockpicking

**** year

I just went with the "warrior" type. Tend to do that the first time I play a game. Helps you familiarize yourself without dying every other second.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

further impressions: this is like oblivion: survival horror edition

so many times you empty a whole magazine into a mutant and he's just like *shrug* and you're like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck running for your life through the wastes

Posted by #061402

Indeed. But I've found it easier to take them out lately. Lately probably due to the fact that I don't put as many points into Melee anymore.

Sledgehammer? **** sucks against mutants.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

holy ****, this game is ****ing awesome

creeping around an abandoned supermarket in the dark, wearing a fedora and trenchcoat while listening to malcom mcdowell, BEST GAME EVER

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, hacking and lock-picking = best minigames of their type in a game

Posted by Ant

first time I tried hacking I was pretty stupid about it. But had a pretty good handle of what to do by the second time. as for the lock picking, they do a pretty good job of representing how it would actually be.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: also, hacking and lock-picking = best minigames of their type in a game

Agreed. Had some trouble with the hacking at first though, since I clicked by the pop-up window explaining it. Same with the lockpicking, but I figured that one out on myself. Genius.

Posted by maian

Just got it, and it's pretty fun. Spent a really long time in the vault before even breaking out (Actually, I'm just about to do that), so I see a lot of potential. On one hand, I've generated good karma, but I killed Butch and the security guard who was being attacked by roaches, and accidently let Butch's mom die by not killing the roaches fast enough. :cookie:

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I just went up and smashed that guard in the back with the bat. Thought it wouldn't kill him (thus it wouldn't be as bad as if I blew his brains out all over the wall and roaches.), but when I at a later time thwacked some other people I learned that it was, in fact, fatal.

Oh well. What happens in the Vault, stays in the Vault.

Posted by O.T.L

where is Rivet city? I was talking to a whore and she wants to go to Rivet city, andsomeone else said they would be there.

Like in the middle? Far left top corner? Ect.(of the world map.)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;896635]Jbut I killed Butch and the security guard who was being attacked by roachesPretty sure killing that guard is unavoidable. You don't get bad karma for it, anyway.

e: what did you guys do about Megaton? I snitched on Burke and then me and Lucas went to arrest the guy. Burke OHKO'd Lucas and then I VATS'd the **** out of him for huge good karma. They both had awesome equipment on them, and I get Lucas's house and I'm the guardian of his son now.

My character is a fedora-wearing smart guy who can regrow limbs because of a radiation-induced mutation and has a nigra foster son, and this is only after four hours of gameplay. :cool:

Posted by Ant

I was going to blow the town up, but my explosives skill was too low so I went on and went to the GNR buliding. I'll come back and blow it up. And I already killed Lucas cause I had to leave town after stealing some **** and getting caught. OH WELL!

Posted by #061402

Quoting O.T.L: where is Rivet city? I was talking to a whore and she wants to go to Rivet city, andsomeone else said they would be there.

Like in the middle? Far left top corner? Ect.(of the world map.)

Head towards the ruins of downtown DC. If you don't know where that is, head East from Megaton 'til you reach a river. Follow it south (Easier to follow if you cross the river, but beware of some Super Mutants down the road.), and eventually you'll come across Rivet. The Lincoln Memorial is pretty near.

Quoting The X: I get Lucas's house and I'm the guardian of his son now.

Wait, what? I just got some other house and a robot. Think I like it better that way anyway, though. Robot's got the best jokes ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

not getting caught is pretty easy in this game considering there's a huge YOU ARE HIDDEN message at the top of the screen when you are. also, i beat a flamethrower and minigun super mutant at the same time using my awesome trap-laying skills **** year and wasted TWO HUNDRED 10mm rounds fighting vampires jesus christ they soak up the damage

Posted by O.T.L

pro tip:

if you blow up Megaton, you get to stay at Tenpenny Tower, they complain about ghous, you check it out and talk to the Ghoul ( the one that was at the entercom when you first arrive at TT), if you help him in the Tower he gives you a ghouls mask after he's in. (him and his ghouls kill everyone option)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ghouls are ****ing creepy as hell, even though i'm playing a good guy i always choose the racist conversation option no matter what

Posted by O.T.L

When you wear the mask ghouls leave you alone. Which comes in handy when your searching through a ghoul filled building. You get to walk around collecting ammo and stuff in peace.

Also the **** ghouls blend in to the place, half the time I don't even notice they're there.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Any ideas when I get the Power Armor perk? I got a set from one of the downed Brotherhood of Steel squaddies while fighting the behemoth, but I can't wear it. :(

Quoted post: I'm so good people give me gifts.

People give you gifts if you're bad too. You just get them from bad people.

Quoted post: so what kind of characters have you guys made? my current guy is spec'd for charisma, intelligence, perception and agility, with tagged skills being small guns, speech and lockpicking

Probably the best thing you could do. Speech seems pretty ****ing important, same with lockpicking (helps if you get stuck in a glitch when you run into the family,) and small guns are all you'll ever need!

Quoted post:
e: what did you guys do about Megaton? I snitched on Burke and then me and Lucas went to arrest the guy. Burke OHKO'd Lucas and then I VATS'd the **** out of him for huge good karma. They both had awesome equipment on them, and I get Lucas's house and I'm the guardian of his son now.

My buddy blew it the **** up after not blowing it up and reloading. Get better **** if you blow it up. Not like you need the town after you finish all the quests and get the bobble-head.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Not gonna blow Megaton up now that I own property there. Plus, I like Moira too much. <3 :)

You get better property if you blow it up. Or would've if you did it during the quest.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[Speech, 34%] DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO

also **** yeah, going through DC housing areas with the BoS is so very rainbow six vegas

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: Not gonna blow Megaton up now that I own property there. Plus, I like Moira too much. <3 :)

While she's unappreciative and give you ****ty rewards for the quests you do for her, I'd hit that. If, you know, she wasn't made entirely of pixels and all that jolly stuff.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

she gives you a food sanitizer, the sensor, a bunch of chems and the schematics for the rock-it launcher, pretty good if you ask me :confused:

Posted by #061402

Food sanitizer was good, but I almost never needed anything other than that and the ammo she gives you.

Also, is it just me, or are the Feral Ghouls a lot more dangerous than the Super Mutants?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

both seem to die in one headshot for me, though i AM a 1337 ****ing sniper with my bolt-action rifle

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I sort of ****ed up by spreading my points around all too much. I am mediocre at everything. :(

But then again, it could have something to do with the fact that those **** ghouls team up on you like there's no tomorrow.

Quoted post: both seem to die in one headshot for me, though i AM a 1337 ****ing sniper with my bolt-action rifle

What did you end up putting your points into, and what perks did you choose anyways?

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: Any ideas when I get the Power Armor perk? I got a set from one of the downed Brotherhood of Steel squaddies while fighting the behemoth, but I can't wear it. :(

Oh yeah, I'm sure you can't wear it unless you manage to join the BoS or something stupid like that. I heard they put in some way to prevent people from getting the Power Armor right away.

Yeah, you need to find some dude at the citadel to train you. Which you can't do until you progress to a certain point in the main quest. So if you want to use power armour, you better get cracking on the main quest, dude. Unlike Oblivion you should probably do the main quest first.

Also, is there a rip or release of the soundtrack? Want that **** hard.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;896820]What did you end up putting your points into, and what perks did you choose anyways?Same way I do in every Fallout:

- 7 points in intelligence, charisma, perception and agility.
- Tagged Small Guns, Speech and Lockpicking.
- First three levels, I chose the perk to that gives 10% extra XP per action to get a 30% XP boost then went for Bloody Mess, Daddy's Boy and Scoundrel.
- Invested in Small Guns, Speech, Lockpicking, Science, Stealth and Medicine every level, with particular focus on Small Guns and Speech. All are at ~50 or 60 and I'm level 7.
- I ALWAYS use VATs and engage enemies relatively close up.

Quoted post: All are at ~50 or 60 and I'm level 7.

Dang, that's pretty good. Apparently 90-100 brings no real changes, and the bobble-heads should bring it up a bit once you find them, so you're fairly close to raising them as high as they really need to go.

Posted by #061402

Yes, I've noticed quite a difference in power of weapons in close to medium range. The shotgun, for example, is sickeningly powerful in close range.

Nothing like waiting behind a wall for the poor ol' chumps to walk up to you and get their heads blown off. Do it all the time when I'm low on health.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting #061402: The shotgun, for example, is sickeningly powerful in close range.

Kind of like in every game.

Posted by Colonel

I creamed myself when I played this game.

Personally, in my file I feel a bit constricted mainly because i'm feeling obligated to completly that *****'s survival book in Megaton.

Look's like, i've got some more explorin' to do.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

doing moira's survival guide quest is the best way to introduce yourself to each aspect of the game

anyone done the vault 92 quest for the violin? cant find it anywhere in this vault **** ****

sound room, dude. on a table.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you buddy

vault 92 is pretty lol though, love the audiobook of the scientist going 'these monsters... they were once... classically trained pianists?!?!'

You sure are stupid. GEE, WONDER WHERE A MUSIC INSTRUMENT WOULD BE? MAYBE IN THE SOUND RO-NAH THAT'S ****ING STUPID

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i didnt know there was a sound room ok i thought she'd keep it in the ladies dorm :( :(

jk buddy, haven't been there. just looked it up real quick

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[CENTER]RIP DOGMEAT

9PM 1st NOVEMBER - 2AM 2nd NOVEMBER

DIED VALIANTLY IN THE BLAST RADIUS OF A FATMAN MINI-NUKE I RECKLESSLY FIRED[/CENTER]

That's why I told my buddy to send him back to the vault.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

stupid dog was useless most of the time anyway

*creeping stealthily through the wastes trying to avoid aggro from a deathclaw*

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Posted by Colonel

I was doing that mission for moira, where you have to travel to the furtherest south-eastern corner of the map in order to find the most prosperous city since the fallout.

It took fukkin' 15 minutes to walk there and when I arrived I stopped walking and a *** **** Mutant hammered my face off. That fag was following me the whole time. Now I gotta travel all the way back. :(

shoulda given you a fire ant as a companion instead

THAT YOU CAN RIDE

Quoted post: It took fukkin' 15 minutes to walk there and when I arrived I stopped walking and a *** **** Mutant hammered my face off. That fag was following me the whole time. Now I gotta travel all the way back.

that's why there's save anywhere/multiple save slots. in an open world game you should be saving a ****ing lot.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the autosave is a lot more forgiving this time though, it initiates every time i load a new room

Posted by Colonel

lesson learned.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

not read ahead in the plot yet, but i'm really hoping malcom mcdowell's character is still alive and the radio isn't just a really old loop, even though some of the stuff suggests he lived before the war. fuuuuuck his voice is so good

Posted by Colonel

how do you cross the "moat" onto the city-boat?

Quoted post: the autosave is a lot more forgiving this time though, it initiates every time i load a new room

Not a good idea from what I heard. Well, relying on it anyways. Already a lot of people are reporting ****ed up instances where the autosave ****s them over and they gotta revert to a really old save or start over.

like some dude getting stuck in "the family"'s house or whatever and couldn't get out no matter what he did. Had to restart his game. Would suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, I always make a proper save before and after big decisions and then when I close the game off. Already had a situation in the Hamilton Hideaway where I got wedged between a desk and a bed and couldn't escape.

Yeah, I had 8 saves in Oblivion, and even five now in Far Cry 2. Open world games are too risky NOT to have a ton of backup saves. Can't recall how many time I had to revert to an older save (or a much older save) in Oblivion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMIN-

Load > Save #23989589400094

I remember getting my agility skill up by standing on a box under a roof and just mashing the A button. Got it ALMOST maxed and then fell behind the box and got stuck. Like, 30 minutes of jumping down the ****ing drain.

Or walking through the forest and getting a message like "THIS ***** DIED, YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE HER QUESTS" and I'm like "FUUUUUCK" and just kept reloading until I didn't get the message. Guess she eventually fought her way out or escaped or something.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wow, i forgot jumping raised your agility in oblivion

suddenly i remember bunny hopping across the landscape while repeatedly buffing myself

I just took the lazy way out for all of that. Broke into a dude's house and used sneak towards a wall while using an elastic to raise sneak. Wedged myself between a barrel and roof with just enough space to jump an inch while crouched to raise agility. Used an elastic to hold my shield up while constantly using spells to raise magic, etc.

Posted by maian

Wow, I'm only in Megaton! :cookie:

Reading this thread is boggling my mind too much. There's so much crap this game offers. It makes me happy.

never played oblivion?

Posted by maian

No, actually. This is actually somewhat of a new experience to me, since I've never played one of the RIDICULOUSLY HUGE OVERWORLD AND 8000 QUESTS games in my time. I blame most of that on only owning a Gamecube last generation and only recently getting my PS3. So really, this game is lightyears bigger than any other I've ever played in terms of the world.

Oh, well, sucks that the PS3 version has a ****ton of problems.

Posted by maian

Speaking of problems, I just got to GNR and killed the behemoth. I'm sure they're supposed to unlock the station after that happens, but they just...didn't. And now I'm worried.

Did you use the intercom? You need to be buzzed in. If you're told it's open afterwards and it's not you need to reboot your system. If that doesn't work a couple times, you have to revert back to an older save.

Posted by maian

Oh, haven't used that. :cookie: Where is it? Or is it stupidly obvious, like right next to the door?

RIGHT next to the door. To the right of it in fact. Hopefully it works for you, dude, because it hasn't for a handful of people.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Grenade Grasshopper: Kind of like in every game.

Yeah, I guess that's true. But compared to the other weapons (aside from the Magnum and the "Big Guns"), it seems overpowered.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

okay, whats the deal with snipers and VATs

i can get headshots unassisted from sick range using a scoped rifle, then i pull up VATs and it's all like 'errrr, 5% chance to hit'

**** that

Posted by #061402

Yeah, that part had me baffled a bit. Guess it's because it could be too easy to use VATS with a sniper.

Also, didn't know you could carry heads and bodies around. Awesome.

Posted by maian

shi, that part better work for me. I'll have to start over from Megaton if it doesn't, and going through those Subway tunnels was fscking creepy. Great atmosphere, by the way.

Yeah... you should really be saving a lot. Have at least 5 save files and save at least every 30 minutes unless you feel like replaying a lot of gameplay.

I didn't run into many mission breaking glitches in Oblivion, but a lot of people did, and people are now with Fallout, so it's a good idea to play on the safe side. Just make sure you don't overwrite all your saves during one quest or something though. You never know how far back you might have to go to stop a glitch from occurring.

Posted by cool gamer dad

wow, already ran into an achievement bug. luckily I sorta had an idea about what happened to I just went back to a recent autosave.

Try to to go too far out in the middle of nowhere when you're supposed to be doing a quest. You might run into someone that triggers the end of the quest because he/she spoils information that you're supposed to be getting later in the game. And you won't get the achievement for completing it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

is that the rivet city glitch? yeah, that's pretty ****ed up. personally, i have no idea how the **** to even get there

Posted by #061402

Luckily, I have yet to come across and such glitch. I've just had stupid glitches like people being able to shoot through walls and ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

glitches i've seen so far:
- radroach getting stuck in a wall
- confessor cromwell walking off a balcony in megaton and dying (had to reload my save and block his path to the edge)
- 99999999999 repeating condition for my combat shotgun

Posted by #061402

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I've seen radroaches get stuck in debris. And I also saw some guy named Stockholm in Megaton who sat in a very weird angle atop the gate.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

everyone in the oblivion engine poses awkwardly, not a glitch

Posted by #061402

One thing I dislike about the Oblivion engine is how people can just talk to you, yet gaze off into the horizon. Like they're reading notes above your head.

Posted by O.T.L

whats online like? Like what do you do there?

Posted by #061402

There is no online.

Posted by O.T.L

why does the box say live?

Posted by #061402

Downloadable content, I guess.

Posted by maian

Yeah, I've been playing it safe with saves. I do a manual save at the end of every play session, and I just save it in a new file so I have tons to go back to. I also haven't encountered any glitches yet, fortunately. The only thing I've seen close to a glitch is that I kicked around a grocery cart a couple of times and uh, it didn't make noise. LOL

And wow, going through Subway stations is fscking CREEPY. I had to do the one to Washington Memorial last night. Although the ones I've been through aren't too full of enemies, it's just really creepy going through them in the darkness. Gawd. I just feel like anything is going to jump out of me. I find that in the dark, I like R2ing like, every second until VATS finds something so I know where everyone is.

Posted by #061402

So, just completed this game with the most goody-goody way I could. Just glad I saved before that so that I can see the other ending.

Final word; Definitely worth every single penny.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting maian: I like R2ing like, every second until VATS finds something so I know where everyone is.

LOL that's what I do!

Posted by maian

Ha, I'm being a goody goody. Kinda. I do things like steal from time to time and stuff, but I generally make good decisions. I can already say this game is worth the money, and I've barely started.

And oh, the replayability. I can't wait to start the game over as a completely evil bastard. :)

Posted by #061402

Quoting maian: And oh, the replayability. I can't wait to start the game over as a completely evil bastard. :)

Already on that. The first step on the road to corruption is... magnificent.

Posted by spideyboy3309

AWESOME!!
Nuf said.

Posted by spideyboy3309

Quoting #061402: Already on that. The first step on the road to corruption is... magnificent.

**** straight!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why bother using VATs to scan when there are huge ****ing red markers on your radar before enemy NPCs are even within aggro range

also, infinite caps glitch: [spoiler]capture a slave and take them to paradise falls. hand over the slave to the slavers, but dont hand in the quest. go talk to the slave in captivity and tell them 'you're a slave. deal with it.' then return to the slaver, receive reward, return to slave say same dialogue, rinse repeat[/spoiler]

how awesome are the transports the super mutants use to transport humans? two shopping carts welded together, **** yeah

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: is that the rivet city glitch? yeah, that's pretty ****ed up. personally, i have no idea how the **** to even get there

yeah, that's where it happened.

and ****. DC is a LABYRINTH.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

'lalalala just gonna walk to the museum'

10 mins later

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK SUPER MUTANTS AND RAIDERS AND A BEHEMOTH AND THE DEADLIEST OF THEM ALL, THE INVISIBLE WALL

Posted by cool gamer dad

siiiiigh~

so i think I screwed up again. I've been pretty much raiding random areas since the start, and now I'm trying to do the Blood Ties quest where I deliver that letter. Thing is, I've already been to all of the supposed locations of The Family, and killed everything in those areas. I think I remember going to the cinema and killing a whole load of raiders, and now I'm sorta afraid that by killing them I've destroyed the quest line.

Searched a lot of areas in between the three locations and I haven't found a thing. :[

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Did yah check Senca Station?

Found a weird thing in the Tenpenny Tower quest. If you go for the Mediated Option but kill the three ghouls after, wait 3 days, and go back, everyones still there. Until you leave again, then it goes back to normal.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Dr. Rockso: Did yah check Senca Station?

yeah! the hell?

i'll check again I guess. maybe you have to go at a certain time of day. :s

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Talk to the Ghouls down there for a side quest and some info on the family.

Posted by #061402

Anyone got to the "Republic of Dave" yet? I talked to some guy named Bob.. before I knew it everyone went hostile. I'm lucky I didn't get bad karma for killing a bunch of women and an elderly man.

Quoted post: Luckily, I have yet to come across and such glitch. I've just had stupid glitches like people being able to shoot through walls and ****.

It's not a glitch. You yourself skipped part of the mission. You're supposed to head to two different locations before Rivet City and if you go there too soon the other two locations are moot. Happened in Oblivion since there's no restriction to places you can go.

Quoted post: why does the box say live?

All 360 games say that since all games are online enabled, whether they have multiplayer or not.

Quoted post: why bother using VATs to scan when there are huge ****ing red markers on your radar before enemy NPCs are even within aggro range

Low Perception probably. Red marker don't show up until you're right infront of a guy if you have a Perception of, like, 1.

Posted by maian

Yeah. Generally, the red marker only picks up stuff that's pretty close by. When I use VATS it can pick up stuff that's pretty far away. I would've been screwed if I didn't use it in the Subway when there were like, eight dogs. There's no way I would've been prepared for that otherwise.

Should've invested a bit better in perception, buddy.

When I DO create my guy, strength is going out the window. Just enough to carry a lot, but that's it. Everything else is too important.

Posted by maian

Eh, I had no idea where to put my stats. =| I can't even remember where I put them right now. When I make my next character though, I think I'll go with X's stats.

Yeah... there's certain **** you don't want to invest heavily in and others you do. Like Intelligence and Luck.

Posted by maian

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Any particular perks I should definitely invest in? I've gotten Ladykiller and Scoundrel. I figured speech would be kind of important, but maybe not who knows ;o

Lady Killer sucks.

Trying to remember what I set aside for my own build and what I made my buddy pick. Educated and Comprehension... intense training every few levels. Put four points into strength and then get strongback when it comes up (it's like investing 9 points in strength in total.) Scrounger is a must have. Finesse for the crits, combined with Better Crits. Toughness/Cyborg. Then for level 20 get Reaper's Sprint. Others depends on what you use, big guns, small, energy, etc.

Some other stuff to that I can't remember.

Posted by O.T.L

Reapers Sprint is soo badass. I want that, I need that.

I found Rivit city, I behaved myself and helped these two people get married.

I want to just go Grand theft auto on the game sometimes so I kill everything in site and then load an old file.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Should've invested a bit better in perception, buddy.

When I DO create my guy, strength is going out the window. Just enough to carry a lot, but that's it. Everything else is too important.

Really?

Intelligence is arguably the most important, but I like clubbing the **** out of everything, so Strength is kinda up there for me! Especially when you get into the better melee weapons.

But yeah, right off the bat I threw Intelligence all the way up to 10 so I could get more skill points.

Posted by #061402

Quoting O.T.L: Reapers Sprint is soo badass. I want that, I need that.

I've yet to really find myself needing it. The last mission... well, you definitely don't need it there, and out on the field you can just equip a sniper rifle/plasma rifle and/or bring a companion and you're all set.

Quoted post: Intelligence is arguably the most important, but I like clubbing the **** out of everything, so Strength is kinda up there for me! Especially when you get into the better melee weapons.

Small guns are pretty much the only thing you need. Melee isn't that great in my opinion.

Posted by #061402

Hey, anyone found Big Town yet? There was this guy who was going to lead me there, but he seems to have gone AWOL.

Edit: Oh wait, found him just after I made this post.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Look at Vault 101, then go pretty much STRAIGHT north until you get there. Should be right on the water.

edit: oh ok thanks buddy!!

[quote]Small guns are pretty much the only thing you need. Melee isn't that great in my opinion.
melee is pretty fun! and decent. don't really need perception as much either.

but yeah, I use both small guns and melee. pretty easy to spread the points between them.

Posted by maian

GAWD, this game is so fscking creepy. Maybe it's because I've never played Survival Horror. :cookie: And I realize this is an RPG, but I've never really ever played any video game that makes me feel scared at any parts. I'm in the museum right now, and wow. They just do such a good job at making it feel creepy when you're walking through it. Bastard super mutants.

Posted by #061402

FFFFFFFFF

Just ran into my first known and confirmed bug.

Oh yeah, what was it?

Posted by #061402

A bug when you get to a place called Big Town. You have to rescue some villagers from Super Mutants, and when you get back to town you can attempt to repair some robots for them for added protection. Thing is, the robots didn't spawn for me.

Haha, oh yeah. I read about that. Only fix is to reload and try to save the town another way. Sucks, but oh well.

Posted by #061402

Quoting maian: GAWD, this game is so fscking creepy. Maybe it's because I've never played Survival Horror. :cookie: And I realize this is an RPG, but I've never really ever played any video game that makes me feel scared at any parts. I'm in the museum right now, and wow. They just do such a good job at making it feel creepy when you're walking through it. Bastard super mutants.

Wait 'til you get to a place called Oasis. Nemesis all over again.

Did you do the quest involving the man who turned into a tree? Thought that one was pretty unique.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I finished that one earlier today. Pretty awesome, but the mouth made me think of Nemesis. Did you end his suffering, or what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=cats;897730]Searched a lot of areas in between the three locations and I haven't found a thing. :[Go to Seneca Station and find the Ghoul Ultrajet lab. In a sideroom to the right there's a bunch of highly radioactive barrels sitting next to a hatch into lower subway tunnels. Navigate those until you find the Family's guardpost. There's a ****ton of tripwires, landmines and bear traps, so be careful.

Anyone know if there's anything worthwhile in the nuke crater? I tried to check it out, but even with a radiation suit, 10 RadX tablets popped and RadAway practically on a drip, I was still taking like 100 rads a second. Thing is, it actually looks like there's a dungeon at the bottom. :confused:

Another question: how do I find Oasis? I got the map location from random raiders while out in the wastes, but then got a DRE shortly afterwards and they didn't spawn again when I loaded my last save.

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, gotcha. good stuff.

and Oasis: go to the top-left corner of your world map, move to the 9th square to the right on the very top row. Oasis is in about the bottom-right corner of that square. If you did it right you should be able to go straight south from it and end up at around Vault 101.

hope that wasn't confusing 3:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the blade runner quest ****ing owns

as does GNR. tuned to it by accident instead of enclave radio this afternoon and i was like 'holy fuuuuuuuuck this owns'

Posted by Dr. Rockso

[quote=The X;897933]
Anyone know if there's anything worthwhile in the nuke crater? I tried to check it out, but even with a radiation suit, 10 RadX tablets popped and RadAway practically on a drip, I was still taking like 100 rads a second. Thing is, it actually looks like there's a dungeon at the bottom. :confused:

Pretty sure you can't get in, its blocked all the way around. The only thing that you find there after blowing it up is ghoul Moira, who dosent sell anything and only repair things.

My guys main stat is perception, that combine with the perks gunslinger, commando, and sniper make it so i have like a 70%-90% of hitting a target with the hunting rifle or sniper rifle as soon as the dot appears. Dosen't work that well with Deathclaws
though....

Also, Shady Hat with Vance's Overcoat, and Ghoul Mask looks so ******* cool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i was talking about the nuke crater in DC

Posted by Dr. Rockso

[quote=The X;898036]i was talking about the nuke crater in DC

Oh that makes more sense. I don't know, I think I remember reading an interview where Bethesda said you can't, but im most likley wrong.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

rivet city isn't as ownage as the concepts in the art book lead me to believe :(

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: Another question: how do I find Oasis? I got the map location from random raiders while out in the wastes, but then got a DRE shortly afterwards and they didn't spawn again when I loaded my last save.

I should add to cats explanation that it's pretty hard to spot. I think you can only enter from one spot.

Quoting The X: i was talking about the nuke crater in DC

Are you talking about the one with the weird-looking ship/bomb (or whatever else it may be)?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[LEFT]basically it's a huge hole in the ground not that far from vault-tec and there's a few super mutants chilling at it
[/LEFT]

Posted by #061402

Tell me of one place in DC where Super Mutants aren't chilling.

But I don't think we're talking about the same place. The hole I ventured into gave me 10 radiation at most, with Power Armor and Rad-X.

Also, where the hell is that Agatha chick?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

west of the scrapyard iirc, look out for a wooden rope bridge hanging between two cliff faces

Posted by O.T.L

I have a bunch of power armor, who trains me to wear it?

Posted by maian

I was thinking the same. I talked to one of the Knights at GNR and they said some dude could, and he's usually near "the lab". I searched the entire building, 90% sure that I've been through the entire thing. So, he must be at the Knights'...HQ...or something...

Posted by O.T.L

I follow knights when I see them till they get killed.

I have 3 sets of regular grey armor, and 1 set of red armor.

Posted by #061402

A guy named Gunny can train you. But you have to progress the main storyline in order to get the Power Armor perk.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I did that on accident too.

Was roamin' around, looking for **** to kill when I came across a vault. Went inside and sat in the chair then was like "wait what the hell".

Did what the girl told me, completed the quest, then BAM. HI IM DAD : D

Lesson learned. Do not explore until you finish the main quest.

Posted by O.T.L

After I blew up Megaton I've only been exploring. :\

You should be doing the main mission first anyways. The opposite of Oblivion.

Anyways, played a handful of hours with my buddy, and went exploring for all the vaults. Holy ****, they're pretty ****ed up and awesome. Creepy AND charming.

Also, we wandered into a crashed UFO with an alien that had an energy weapon that is powerful as ****. Anyone else get it?

Posted by #061402

Quoting cats: Lesson learned. Do not explore until you finish the main quest.

Just save before you go on the last mission.

Also, anyone else tried using the Railway Rifle yet? Awesome.

Posted by maian

So, I just found dad. That simulation thing was really...interesting. Anybody know what happens if you actually do everything Betty says? I initiated the Failsafe.

And also, am I just supposed to head off alone without him? I ended the conversation, and he just totally booked it. I've been able to follow him out the garage, but I seriously doubt the game intends for me to run at his speed all the way back to Rivet City with no roadblocks.

And I feel like I have to add, I don't know how I feel about the world. Am I the only one who would've preferred a completely realistic vision of our world as a nuclear wasteland? Don't get me wrong, I really love the 50s style that it has. It works really well with that time period in history, and it gives us Vault Boy and junk. But on the other hand, I just can't make myself believe that the human culture in this world just...stayed like the 50s for one hundred years, advancing way ahead in technology, and also not at all.

Maybe I'd be fine with it if they just said nuclear war happened in the 50s instead of saying that human culture alternatively just went a very (non realistic) way. But again, not that it's a bad thing, but all the "pre-war" stuff would be pretty cool if it were reminiscent of today's culture.

I guess I just have a hard time seeing all the pre-war stuff that is from our past, but set in the future.

That's the whole point. It's how the 1950's envisioned the future. You pretty much missed the entire point.

Posted by #061402

Haha, oh wow. Never expected to encounter a Behemoth inside a building. Anyone know how many of those critters there are, by the by? Would like to get it over with so that I can start playing around with the Fat Man.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting #061402: Just save before you go on the last mission.

Also, anyone else tried using the Railway Rifle yet? Awesome.

it's pretty neat! not as strong as i expected it to be but hey.

PSHCK - CHOO CHOOOO

Think I'm just gonna use this character to do as many side quests as I can, then make a new character for the main quest. At this point I don't think I could ruin the storyline any more than I have! It would work out too because I could get an extra set of the Karma achievements while I'm at it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;898201]
[quote]Anyways, played a handful of hours with my buddy, and went exploring for all the vaults. Holy ****, they're pretty ****ed up and awesome. Creepy AND charming.my favorite is the VR vault, awesome as hell [quote]
Also, we wandered into a crashed UFO with an alien that had an energy weapon that is powerful as ****. Anyone else get it?stats-wise, it's the second best game in the gun after the lincoln repeater. i have it, but because my energy weapons stat is still at 23 i can't shoot worth a ****

[quote=maian;898260]woosh
retro-futurism is ****ing awesome and has always been one of the main draws of fallout. read the back story.

Posted by maian

alright I read the backstory now it's awesome etc :cool: TIME TO PLAY SOME MORE

Posted by S

Microsoft XP, Service Pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.53 GHz
2.52 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM

Will my computer run Fallout 3? That is the question.

Posted by maian

I guess I'll start using spoilers now, if it's necessary at all.

[spoiler]So, Dad just died. Fscking sucks, man. On one hand, I'm glad the Enclave is actually real, it adds a lot of depth to the world, and a lot of potential for the story. I need some better gear though, they were huge bastards, trying to take them out. I'm about to receive some power armor training, WHOO. Is it awesome?[/spoiler]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=S

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
if it can run oblivion, it can run FO3

also, the quest in the national archives is probably the best one yet. programming founding father robots to recreate the signing of the declaration of indepence owns. button gwinnett's wig gives you +5 intelligence and charisma, **** yes

Huh, I just shot the bastard.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, me too. but you can can go into the control chamber and program the remaining protectrons with the personalities of founding fathers

Quoted post: alright I read the backstory now it's awesome etc TIME TO PLAY SOME MORE

THIS ****ING GUY I SWEAR TO ***

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

he's hacking he's wacking he's packing, he's hacking he's wacking he's packing

if there was a compilation of GNR songs i would buy it and drive around playing it with no sense of irony, these songs OWN.

also, launching the ICBMs was ****ing awesome and i hope a lot of stupid-*** ghouls died in the process. anyone else starting to think the ghouls are actually pretty despicable despite bethesda's best efforts to portray them as BLACKS OF THE POST-APOCALYPSE?

You hit the nail on the head. They're the blacks of the future, thus, despicable.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

at first i was like 'sucks that everyone hates them just cause they got ****ed over by radiation'

so far i've found ghouls:
- plotting to slaughter an entire apartment complex
- training nukes on every major human settlement
- brewing ultra-potent drugs
- enslaving children

i'm on to you, bethesda script-writers

Soon someone of importance will piece this information together and suddenly "VIDEO GAMES ARE RACIST" all over the news.

But still, it's kinda funny how GTA got slammed hard, same with Mass Effect, yet I highly doubt Fallout will see any backlash. Even though it has child slaves, prostitution, racism, etc etc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

cant wait to do an evil run and be a power armor-wearing *******. so many times i've found slaves in hiding and i'm like 'fuuuuuck i really wanna be a dick and send you back to paradise falls' or murder tenpenny and take that awesome hugh hefner suit but i can't :(

Posted by Dr. Rockso

You don't really get anything good from karma except the various hit squads and harder speech challenges for opposite characters. It kind of anoys me that you have to get "Training" to wear power armor, but its cool that your follwers can wear it instantly, and if Charon the Ghoul is happy, im happy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it's kinda irritating but i guess it makes sense. doing lil n00b fetch quests in FO1/2 while wearing the best armor set in the game was kinda weird

Posted by O.T.L

I just spoke with the mechanist.

Now

I AM IRON MAN.

Posted by maian

Good luck finding decent Power Armor. I don't know if there's an easier way, but every Knight I've searched sports pretty crappy armor. Most of the time it's in such bad condition that my combat armor fares better. However, I just got a full set of decent Enclave armor, so that should serve me pretty well.

SPOILERS AHEAD LOL

So, who's finished the main quest? I just made a lot of pregress, and boy, Vault 82 SUCKS. It really wasn't that bad since the enemies are pretty spaced out, but ugh, those fscking Brutes were everywhere in there. While I can take out any normal Super Mutant in two hits in VATS, it takes like, three full VATS uses to take down those Brutes. They really aren't bad individually, but they often came in pairs. I went through a lot of Stimpacks. And wow, finally met Eden. I had no idea he'd be a computer. ;| All this Enclave junk is beginning to get really interesting. However, I'm assuming that flooding the air with FEV is probably the bad idea.

Posted by O.T.L

I found some fresh new armor. 100%

Its at Fort Constantine but you need three keys to get into the place to find it.
you get the keys while on a mission for some ghoul that is at the museum of history.

Posted by maian

I found some Tesla Armor in good condition. I win. And it looks awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;899173]fscking Brutes were everywhere in there. While I can take out any normal Super Mutant in two hits in VATS, it takes like, three full VATS uses to take down those Brutes. They really aren't bad individually, but they often came in pairs. what level are you? brutes are p. much cannon fodder for me.
[quote]And wow, finally met Eden. I had no idea he'd be a computer. ;| the fact his speeches loop and he refers to growing up in rural kentucky didn't tip you off?

Posted by #061402

Quoting maian: I found some Tesla Armor in good condition. I win. And it looks awesome.

Yeah, the Tesla armor is awesome. You do get a Power Armor in the best condition just before the last of the main quests though. Also, am I the only one who's completed the game already? :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, i'm not completing the main quest until i've done every side quest

kinda having some trouble finding ones to do, though

Posted by maian

I never really listened to Enclave radio, so I didn't pick it up. Of course, I probably wouldn't have thought of that either because GNR has repeated its broadcasts all the time for me. Anyway, I'm level 12 right now. Just beat the main quest, though I'm going to go back to my file and beat all the sidequests now. I can't decide if I still want the decent Tesla Armor, because it's SO sick, or the perfect Power Armor that has better DR but makes me look like a clone. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wow, germantown police station is depressing

LIVEBLOGGING THE NUKING OF WASHINGTON HERE

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: wow, germantown police station is depressing

LIVEBLOGGING THE NUKING OF WASHINGTON HERE

Yeah, I couldn't help but feel a little sad for the folks.
Anyways, I started over and thought I'd go neutral. But I decided to blow up Megaton, and no matter how many good deeds I do, I can't seem to get away from my Very Evil status. Oh well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why go neutral, that's pretty stupid

either go all in, good or evil.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, figured I might as well go evil since I can't seem to get out of the ****. Just thought I'd be a whore and get to level 7, save, go kill a ****load of people, get achievement, reload, and proceed calmly and get next achievement and so on.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

gonna get every achievement in this game except the stupid neutral ones

Posted by maian

I'm gonne get all the trophies they put in for this game it's gonna be awes-

ohwai

I understand that the PS3 version is most inferior, but I had no other choice. :( Speaking of that, has anybody been experiencing the infamous glitches? It seems on every message board, I see masses of people whining about how glitchy it is. It's interesting, because I got the reputed worst version of the game, and there hasn't been any major glitches yet. I've seen minor things here and there, but nothing that would make me restart a play session, a file, or my PS3. They were so trivial that I can't even remember any of them. I've experienced no technical problems.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

only real bad glitch i've had is the robots not spawning in big town, thankfully i knew about that **** beforehand and made a backup save right before

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, went to check out the capitol building earlier, and came across a mother****ing FOUR-WAY WAR between talon company, the enclave, the super mutants and a deathclaw. halfway in a vertibird lands and drops off more enclave so i'm like 'kekekekeke i'm equpping my fatman', launched off a nuke and BLEW UP THE VERTIBIRD AND GOT 405XP IN ONE GO HOLY ****

and that is the story of how i reached level 19

Posted by maian

Actually, I think a potential glitch of mine is not being allowed into GNR. I got in and everything for the main quest, but every time I try to go back in now, the front door is locked, and it says I need a key. When I try the intercom, the dude says it's open. So, I don't know if it's actually intended to be that way, but it kinda sucks. Thankfully, I hardly have any need to go back into the building, since it's pretty much just Three Dog in there.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: halfway in a vertibird lands and drops off more enclave so i'm like 'kekekekeke i'm equpping my fatman', launched off a nuke and BLEW UP THE VERTIBIRD AND GOT 405XP IN ONE GO HOLY ****

and that is the story of how i reached level 19

I was quite surprised when I learned you could blow them up. I had one of them drop a few soldiers near me, so I thought I'd blow them to hell before they started shooting at me. A tear of joy almost sprung forth.

Posted by maian

Speaking of vehicles, that's one of the things I didn't get about Fallout. One of the things I love most about this game is that it has a setting and a world that feels very realistic, but, why are there pretty much NO vehicles? The only functioning vehicles I've seen are the Enclave choppers. So, in a world two hundred years after a nuclear war, there's no working vehicles, even though all kinds of technology is still powered?

I understand it's an easy way of getting out of having to program vehicles into gameplay (or avoid irritating players by having vehicles present but always unusable), but it kind of bugs me how it's never really acknowledged, unless I'm missing something. All I'm really looking for is an explanation. I'm sure there's one somewhere. I guess for now I'll tell myself that it's fuel :o

Posted by #061402

Funny, I was thinking the very same thing yesterday.. it'll come with Fallblivion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

all the vehicle technology pre-war was nuclear powered. notice how exploded cars give off rads? people in the fallout continuity are afraid of nuclear technology -in FO2, you could get a car, but it was an insanely long quest, as you had to build it without a miniature reactor.

plus, driving across FO3's overworld would be rough as heck

Posted by Klarth

just did tranquillity lane. game broke or something; mabel was nowhere to be found, so CHINESE ARMY it was.

think my bro and I might stick to one-character-per-week until we get bored. which might not be for a while.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh, well, sucks that the PS3 version has a ****ton of problems.

that's what I'm playing, and all I've encountered so far are the above glitch, the same stuck-on-scenery problems people have on the other two platforms, and framerate issues when swimming. I didn't get the GOAT freeze (which is very easily remedied) or the console notification stutter/freeze issue (also easy to get rid of).

was considering waiting to get a 360 to play it, but any difference is totally marginal. Apparently textures are slightly nicer on the tripple, but that's it. lord knows I'll torrent the pc version when the construction kit hits...

Posted by Klarth

also, am I blind or is one of the assault rifles described as taking 556mm rounds? because, if so, that is a ****ing massive gun.

Posted by #061402

I have the game occasionally freeze up when I load or save. Luckily, holding down the middle X button, like you're going to shut off the controller/console, usually fixes it.

Posted by maian

I encountered a varitey of glitches today, but that was on a certain save file...route. I went back to a previous save, and did things I originally intended to do but didn't on the one I was playing, and everything was fine. It hardly feels broken at all to me.

And is it me, or is Fawkes just totally radically awesome in every way? I've had him follow me everywhere I go.

Posted by #061402

I smile every time I hear him laugh and say something like "That was too fun."

Also, anyone encountered the Super Mutant named Uncle Leo? (A small Easter Egg, as Uncle Leo is a tame zombie appearing in Shivering Isles!)

Quoted post: Speaking of vehicles, that's one of the things I didn't get about Fallout. One of the things I love most about this game is that it has a setting and a world that feels very realistic, but, why are there pretty much NO vehicles?

X's answer was the bull**** explanation. The real explanation is that the Oblivion engine doesn't support it.

Posted by maian

I figured the obvious answer was because of technical difficulties and/or laziness, I just wanted a logical explanation for it for the game's world. :cool:

Anyway, X's answer makes sense. Fine by me. Just did Lucy West's sidequest. Delivering a note to a family is much harder than I thought. Why must there be vampires in everything now :(

There would still be some sort of mechanised vehicle used for transport though. That's really no explanation at all.

I mean, they can build weapons like a the Rock-it launcher and fatman, but not a simple vehicle? Nah.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the fatman is p.much a spring-loaded launcher, it cant even give the nuke a solid trajectory for more than a couple yards

beat the game now, with only three achievement quests left to do (one of which i cant get because i massacred paradise falls during the slave riots). that last mission kinda sucked. huge enclave VS brotherhood war (fallout fan fapping commence) and i don't really get to participate in it because optimus prime blows **** up too fast

saved up like 100 mentats and buffout for that ****

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fawkes owns yeah, a lot of the time he kills stuff before i can even pull up VATs lol

Quoted post: the fatman is p.much a spring-loaded launcher, it cant even give the nuke a solid trajectory for more than a couple yards

they can build a vehicle ridiculously easy

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: X's answer was the bull**** explanation. The real explanation is that the Oblivion engine doesn't support it.

i will take 'what are horses' for five hundred, alex

gamebryo is actually very extendable

horses are pretty different from cars. but okay.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

gotta agree with my boy netman here

take horse code, lower FOV, change horse model to car, change sounds and speed

booya

pretty sure it's a bit more complex than that, dude. A lot more, likely.

In short: too lazy to code cars.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

not like capital wasteland is all that big anyway

the ghoul in the underworld who was actually alive during the great war has a sad story :(

Just sayin'. The first thing post-nuclear civilizations would do is find food, build shelter, build weapons, build transportation. It would be impossible for a future civilization to not build a vehicle.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

they can build huge robots though lol

Wait, I thought those were built pre-nuclear war...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the chassis was pre-war but they had to rebuild and reprogram a lot of it iirc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

liberty prime that is

Oh, well yeah, that's pretty funny then.

Wait, and helicopters too. Got those but no cars.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the enclave are pretty unique, they have plasma weaponry and forcefields, nobody else in the fallout universe has that ****

But still no cars.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*drives over u in a car*

fuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooou

FAR CRY DOES WHAT FALLOUT DON'T LOLOLO

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: horses are pretty different from cars. but okay.

[quote]pretty sure it's a bit more complex than that, dude. A lot more, likely.

are you saying that because horses and cars are visually different they cannot use similar code

if so that is really not a clever assumption mate

plus, there's no such thing as "an engine that doesn't support vehicles". seriously. that is not how it works. at all.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: beat the game now, with only three achievement quests left to do (one of which i cant get because i massacred paradise falls during the slave riots).

Strictly Business? I almost ****ed up hard there.

pretty sure you could have just killed Red and that dude in Rivet City instead of bringing them in! I brought Red in, killed everyone in Paradise Falls except the guy who gave me the quest, then went out and murdered the big manly bar man in Rivet City and I got the achievement.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

only got the nuka cola challenge left to do, planning my next character

i'm thinking 10 strength, 10 endurance, 1 intelligence, 1 charisma, 1 percep, 10 luck or something equally polarized from my last run, then tag unarmed, repair and something else

Posted by O.T.L

I'm at Big City and I'm supposed to be teaching them something about robots. They say the robots are in the junk yard but I can't find them. Help.

Posted by maian

WAY TO GO BETHESDA YOU'RE SO LAZY THIS GAME SUCKS NOW

Quoting The X: fawkes owns yeah, a lot of the time he kills stuff before i can even pull up VATs lol

I don't mind that sometimes, since it's saved me from trouble. However, it can be pretty bad. Like, when I was in the Ghoul City and the ghoul trying to hire hitmen pulled out a gun on me! Needless to say, Fawkes sprang into action, killed him (nothing wrong with that)...then proceeded to walk into the next room screaming with rage and slaughter every Ghoul in the city. Oh, that Fawkes. I'm so glad I have too many backup saves to count!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=O.T.L;899988]I'm at Big City and I'm supposed to be teaching them something about robots. They say the robots are in the junk yard but I can't find them. Help.glitch, the robots sometimes dont spawn

Posted by O.T.L

I thought so. Thanks

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Where was this downed spaceship that I can't find for some reason.
I love the Enclave, I used to listen to GNR until i heard the same 3 songs thirty-six times each. Just the way Eden begins talking about each state having its own baseball team and then segways into the possible return of Congress got me to love it.

Doc Hoff is hardcore

Posted by Klarth

[quote]segways
requesting a ban

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dr. Rockso;899998]Where was this downed spaceship that I can't find for some reason.placed at random, you need to search the wasteland until you get the alien signal on your pip-boy

Posted by #061402

I've been over a great deal of the Wasteland, yet I've yet to find this rumored spaceship.

Posted by O.T.L

Man I just beat the main quest. Epic stuff. I was going to sleep but I just couldn't put the game down.

Good morning/good night.

Quoted post: are you saying that because horses and cars are visually different they cannot use similar code

No

Quoted post:

plus, there's no such thing as "an engine that doesn't support vehicles". seriously. that is not how it works. at all.

Support as in too lazy to do it.

Quoted post: I've been over a great deal of the Wasteland, yet I've yet to find this rumored spaceship.

Then you're just not looking hard enough. It's there, you just have to find it on your own since it's different for everyone.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

protip: if you want sunglasses, go due south of tenpenny tower. there's a clothes store and you can loot the mannequins for a ton of pimp clothing

Woo I finally got a copy

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Then you're just not looking hard enough. It's there, you just have to find it on your own since it's different for everyone.

Yeah, I started a complete sweep of the Wasteland today, top to bottom. We'll see what comes up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

when you enter the grid square it's in, you'll get the alien transmission. should help.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://kotaku.com/5098590/creation-kit-dlc-hits-fallout-3

hell yeah, the DLC sounds ballin, interplay will probably be ****ed but finally going to the pitt is gonna own

Posted by #061402

Operation Anchorage, eh? Didn't you say you wanted to play that, X?

And why is there nothing on the level cap? :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=#061402;906056]Operation Anchorage, eh? Didn't you say you wanted to play that, X?

And why is there nothing on the level cap? :(i wanted a game based around the entire campaign, but one of the biggest battles will own just as much

level cap will prolly be included in it, they said the DLC will add new weapons and items and other modifications

Has anybody done the Reilly's Reinforcement's quest? I randomly walked into the hotel while traveling through DC and made my way to the roof and found those guys, but now I can't figure out where the **** the Protrectron (or the entire 3rd floor for that matter) is, and I can't even get out of the **** building.

Also, how do I get into Theo's ammo box

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Im wondering what just happened here because im looking at the kid who initiates the side-quest "Those!" running away from three traveling hunters who are shooting at him with rifles... Is that a common thing that happens in the game?

Posted by maian

ohshi, that DLC sounds fscking sick. I can't wait to play it and experi-ohwai I own a PS3. :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I still have some tiny fraction of hope that PS3 owners will get some Fallout DLC, since Trophies are to be patched in.

Posted by #061402

Quoting David M. Awesome: Has anybody done the Reilly's Reinforcement's quest? I randomly walked into the hotel while traveling through DC and made my way to the roof and found those guys, but now I can't figure out where the **** the Protrectron (or the entire 3rd floor for that matter) is, and I can't even get out of the **** building.

Also, how do I get into Theo's ammo box

I can't really give you directions, but it's in a small room, chances are you won't even notice it unless you duck into it for cover like I did. Chances are also that it bugged and there is no robot there, so.. you just have to make your way back down and get out! And if that's not possible, and you can't find the robot, try to jump off the building and hope you survive. Reilly is in Underworld, you might want to talk to her first.

And Theo is in a stairway; can't remember which house.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

theo's ammo box is on a staircase on the way up, kinda hard to miss

I actually randomly stumbled across the room with the robot a little while after I posted that. That's not the third floor Donovan you son of a *****, **** you.

[quote=The X;906382]theo's ammo box is on a staircase on the way up, kinda hard to miss

It's code locked. I need to know how to open it.

Posted by #061402

Then you need to get to Underworld and get the code from Reilly

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

heh, yeah

it has quite a good stock of big guns/energy guns ammo in it, i sold it all for ~2000 caps

Posted by #061402

Two of the guys actually died when I wasn't looking. I know you get free healing, so do you get free repairs and stuff if the other two make it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i got the reilly's rangers battle armor for bringing them all back alive

Oh, ok.

You know what makes me happy? Ammo doesn't weigh anything in this game. :D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

would suck if it did, i'm carrying close to 2000 9mm rounds

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: i got the reilly's rangers battle armor for bringing them all back alive

Yeah I got it too, after encouraging her to stop whining.

Quoted post:
http://kotaku.com/5098590/creation-k...hits-fallout-3

hell yeah, the DLC sounds ballin, interplay will probably be ****ed but finally going to the pitt is gonna own

Sounds really ****ing expensive.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i imagine they're each gonna cost about as much as knights of the nine

What was that? 10 bucks? Expensive. All three would be about the same as SI =/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Totally worth it!

Better be a ****ton of game

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it doesn't sound like the first pack will be all that long but the second and third ones will definitely be HUEG

Posted by Klarth

i'll be surprised if they don't make it to the tripple eventually.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no GTAIV content
no FO3 content

owned

Posted by Poco

Beat it yesterday. The most fun I had playing it was the 25 hours of exploration I did.

Posted by Klarth

bethesda are funny like that

when they've got a purely linear game, they make it absolutely spectacular (see: call of cthulhu, **** was amazing and overlooked). when they've got the sandbox gig going on, they don't concentrate on the "main" objective at all.

but seriously play call of cthulhu

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

well, i'm p. much done with this game for now - got every achievement i possibly can on this save file. ended the game in total glory - took every psycho, jet, vodka, beer, mentat and buffout in my inventory, put butcher pete on the radio, then took on the entire BoS citadel to get the 300 human kills achievement. :cool2:

Posted by Poco

Quoting netman: bethesda are funny like that

when they've got a purely linear game, they make it absolutely spectacular (see: call of cthulhu, **** was amazing and overlooked). when they've got the sandbox gig going on, they don't concentrate on the "main" objective at all.

but seriously play call of cthulhu

i heard most of the game is trial/error and having to play through the hotel part 7 or 8 times until you get down a pattern. is this the right call of cthulu?

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: well, i'm p. much done with this game for now - got every achievement i possibly can on this save file. ended the game in total glory - took every psycho, jet, vodka, beer, mentat and buffout in my inventory, put butcher pete on the radio, then took on the entire BoS citadel to get the 300 human kills achievement. :cool2:

How could you not get that from just traveling the wasteland and shooting down every raider you saw? :confused:

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Poco: i heard most of the game is trial/error and having to play through the hotel part 7 or 8 times until you get down a pattern. is this the right call of cthulu?

yeah, the hotel part is pretty much a mega man level. pattern memorisation, reflexes, etc. only bit of the game i didn't really like.

the rest is pretty solid though.

Quoted post: when they've got a purely linear game, they make it absolutely spectacular (see: call of cthulhu, **** was amazing and overlooked).

Wait, they made that game? ****, I own it and never even realised it. Good game anyways. Not amazing, but they got the atmosphere down and the first half is great.

Posted by Klarth

apparently they only published it, but whatever

That makes a bit more sense. Didn't seem like their type of game at all, though the Elder Scrolls has had a billion different Lovecraft references.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

FO3 has a couple of pkd references, plus that blade runner quest. *** bless bethesda

masters of allusion

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

SPOILER QUESTION

Do you have to disarm the bomb in megaton to get a house, or can you get one (with the same perks) later? I want to be a semi-neutral character, and don't give a **** about megaton. But I want that house.

you get a better pad if you blow the town up. no reason not to blow it up

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

and one last thing. Since I'm not playing the game until xmas break, and therefore not checking regularly, someone let me know via message if/when they release a toolkit to mod it and people start making badass mods. I know there are a few out now, but let me know when they come full force. Only ones I've seen that I liked were crappy realism mods and childkiller mods (who didn't do that in F2?)

Except a flood starting later this month. That's when the PC editor hits. But I own the 360 version so I don't really keep on top of what happens to the PC version.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

whoa vamp, you like this game? I haven't kept up with this thread, but I know you were skeptical, and that you also didn't like Fallout II as much as I did, but loved F1. I also see you voted F3 GOTY in another thread. Vamp approves?!

Posted by maian

I'm pretty sure you can get a Megaton house by telling the sheriff about Burke, and then killing him. I didn't actually get a house this way, but I also think that's because I didn't talk to anybody afterward and then I decided to walk into the armory which resulted in a Gutsy trying to kill me AND THEN THE WHOLE TOWN LOL

However, I did blow up Megaton on my second through, and got a VERY nice suite. I wouldn't do it though, because Megaton is really one of the only real towns in the game that's fleshed out. Easily one of my favorite spots. I didn't even use a house my entire first playthrough, and PROTIP, you can stash anything you want at the top of the Washington Monument. And there's also a bed there.

[quote=maian;909290]I'm pretty sure you can get a Megaton house by telling the sheriff about Burke, and then killing him.

Nope.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You get the Megaton house for disarming. You get the Tenpenny Towers luxury suite for detonating it.

The Megaton house is better, because you can customize it, store an infinite amount of stuff in it, and buy the Nuka Cola Machine and Infirmary so you never have to buy healing items ever again.

It's kind of trashy, though.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: You get the Megaton house for disarming. You get the Tenpenny Towers luxury suite for detonating it.

The Megaton house is better, because you can customize it, store an infinite amount of stuff in it, and buy the Nuka Cola Machine and Infirmary so you never have to buy healing items ever again.

You can do that with the Tenpenny suite, too.

Also, blowing up Megaton deals a severe blow to your karma (negative, obviously), and it's a hassle getting it back to neutral/good. I think it's the same if you choose to disarm the bomb, only the other way around.

It's pretty easy to get bad karma points though. Just steal ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the karma hit for stealing is negligible. i played a good character but stole EVERYTHING, just like i did oblivion.

Kill people, then.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

The karma hit for blowing the town up is -1000 which you can never really recover from unless you do every single option in the game for good. Disarming it only gives you +200 to 250 karma. Tenpenny Suite is better though since Megaton only has like one follower and a single side-quest, so if your good and disarm it im just going to laugh at your foolishness from my tower suite.

Posted by #061402

Not to mention there's nothing quite as amusing as saving, shooting Tenpenny and hurling his *** off the balcony.

Quoted post: whoa vamp, you like this game? I haven't kept up with this thread, but I know you were skeptical, and that you also didn't like Fallout II as much as I did, but loved F1. I also see you voted F3 GOTY in another thread. Vamp approves?!

You remember slightly wrong. I was never skeptical of FO3 because I knew it was Oblivion with guns (therefore awesome.) The rest is right though. Didn't like FO2.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You remember slightly wrong. I was never skeptical of FO3 because I knew it was Oblivion with guns (therefore awesome.) The rest is right though. Didn't like FO2.

I'm so glad we don't have people here prone to going into WHAAAAT BUT IT'S 2008 AND 800X600 TURN-BASED NUMBER-CRUNCHING GRINDFESTS ARE AS POPULAR AS EVER tirades.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The X: FO3 has a couple of pkd references, plus that blade runner quest. *** bless bethesda

orly? I haven't encountered any apart from the BR quest.

I did find a terminal in the smithsonian which displayed Fear Factory lyrics though. excuse me im gonna rock out now thx guys.

Quoted post: I'm so glad we don't have people here prone to going into WHAAAAT BUT IT'S 2008 AND 800X600 TURN-BASED NUMBER-CRUNCHING GRINDFESTS ARE AS POPULAR AS EVER tirades.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

NMA faggots who wanted fallout 3 to be a turn-based isometric RPG

Oh, yeah... I wouldn't've played it if that were the case.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

van buren looked cool for its time, but **** that **** nowadays

lotta **** looked cool for its time. Doesn't mean it would work now. FO fans are retarded.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

semper FO3 goty 100%

Posted by Colonel

I was just playing and I got the games three best guns:

Lincoln Repeator: Located deep within the museum of history in the offices in a glass case. It is the strongest Rifle that uses .44 cal rounds. (Mid-East, next to museum of Tech.)

The Terrible Shotgun: Located in Evergreen Mills. Kill the bartender and search him. (East; north of the garage)

The Alien Blaster: Go to the northern powerstation and walk north for about 15 minutes (real time) You'll eventually start contacting radiation. You're close, continue until you see a crashed UFO. Search the dead alien and take the gun and all the energy round around him. This is the strongest weapon in the game. The ammo it uses can not be found ever again so use it wisly. It is able to kill everything in one shot. Even the final boss. (Mid-North Power Station.)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Terrible Shotgun is just the named version of the Combat Shotgun. Every small gun in the game has a named version.

The best game in the gun is the eight-nuke launcher, anyway.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

anyone know if being evil has any huge disadvantages? I just can't forget having to kill all those f*cking deathclaws in Vault 13 because they wouldn't let me in for blowing up Gecko. Sonofabisch that was a pain in my butt.

Posted by O.T.L

Death claws are evil and can't be reasoned with no matter what. Your supposed to kill them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;911520]anyone know if being evil has any huge disadvantages? I just can't forget having to kill all those f*cking deathclaws in Vault 13 because they wouldn't let me in for blowing up Gecko. Sonofabisch that was a pain in my butt.not really. karma only defines who becomes your partner and which towns are hostile to you

Posted by Dr. Rockso

And which Assassination Group hunts you.

Posted by maian

Hold up, are there any vaults in the game at all that have any civilization in them BESIDES Vault 101? I've only been to 106, and the "blue light" was fscking creepy. Yeah, anybody know what the deal with that is too?

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I think 101 is the only vault in the Capital Wasteland that still has humans in it. I don't know about the blue light though, mabey futuristic light bulbs are blue.

It was one of the social experiments Vault Tech. was running on the vaults. Gas was released into the air supply that made everyone go crazy.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting O.T.L: Death claws are evil and can't be reasoned with no matter what. Your supposed to kill them.

in Fallout 2 there were some that were intelligent and kicked my *** for me being evil

One of them can join your party. The small one that wears a cloak. First time I took him into combat was so epic, he just rears back and flings the thing off, I was like "**** yeah Deathclaws 8D"

Also, all of the Deathclaws in Fallout Tactics are sentient. :\

Posted by maian

I can't ever imagine having another party member after Fawkes.

HE CAN'T DIE.

At least, he takes two Fatman shots, 500 rounds of Flamer Fuel, and some more to do it, last time I checked.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;911578]Hold up, are there any vaults in the game at all that have any civilization in them BESIDES Vault 101? I've only been to 106, and the "blue light" was fscking creepy. Yeah, anybody know what the deal with that is too?all the other vaults had either been opened or experimented on

vault 101's experiment was to leave it permanently sealed

Quoted post:
The Alien Blaster: Go to the northern powerstation and walk north for about 15 minutes (real time) You'll eventually start contacting radiation. You're close, continue until you see a crashed UFO. Search the dead alien and take the gun and all the energy round around him. This is the strongest weapon in the game. The ammo it uses can not be found ever again so use it wisly. It is able to kill everything in one shot. Even the final boss. (Mid-North Power Station.)

This is a random location in every game.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I liked Charon better then Fawkes

http://kotaku.com/5107085/fallout-3-dlc-lets-take-a-good-look-at-it

So, Anchorage looks awesome. New perk, can keep weapons. Other pack includes new perks and, obviously, level cap increase.

Total buy. After I find out whether it has SI's game-breaking bug or not anyways.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting O.T.L: Death claws are evil and can't be reasoned with no matter what. Your supposed to kill them.

I hate you so much

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;912321][URL]http://kotaku.com/5107085/fallout-3-dlc-lets-take-a-good-look-at-it[/URL]

So, Anchorage looks awesome. New perk, can keep weapons. Other pack includes new perks and, obviously, level cap increase.

Total buy. After I find out whether it has SI's game-breaking bug or not anyways.those huge guns looks freakin sweet

Posted by maian

boy

that looks cool

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Anyone else find the Type Adventure game in the Comic Book building?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dr. Rockso;914229]Anyone else find the Type Adventure game in the Comic Book building?the best building is the one where you can read the newspapers, for sure

Posted by Sterling

Can someone tell me how to make Dr. Li activate the terminal in the tunnel?
She's not doing ****.

Posted by Sterling

**** guys, I can't get Fawkes because of my karma.
Is there anything that could boost it real quick?

Posted by #061402

Locate the guys who want purified water. Could be hard to boost it up if you blew Megaton to hell, though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you can never reach a level of good karma again if you blew up megaton

Posted by Sterling

Nah, I didn't blow up megaton.
But in tranquility lane i did the whole killing spree and **** with betty, and I stole a whole bunch of ****. Whatever, I'm just gonna replay it.

Posted by O.T.L

If you help the slaves take over the Lincoln memorial that could push you over to good karma. Thats what got me good karma after blowing up Megaton.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so i got the operation anchorage dlc

good:
> the stealth sniping section freakin owns, sniping chinese soldiers off the alaskan pipeline owns
> the gauss rifle is a freakin beast, i didnt know they'd included it in the game and pooped my pants using it, shame it doesn't insta-vaporize like FO2's did
> the chinese soldiers have sweet as hell designs. their version of the power armor really should be available in the main game. (maybe it is already, havent gone back to the wasteland yet)
> the final quest is ****in awesome and is definitely a good recreation of what the fallout bible described

bad:
> the voice acting is even worse than the main game's, the chinese soldiers are laughably CHING CHONG CHA
> corpses do that cheesey 'DELETED' animation that's in every VR simulation ever, meaning you cant loot chink corpses of their armor
> kinda short but has enough in it to justify 800 funbux

Quoted post: > the chinese soldiers have sweet as hell designs. their version of the power armor really should be available in the main game. (maybe it is already, havent gone back to the wasteland yet)

Yeah/no. Bethesda ****ed up though so it doesn't matter. The armor inside the simulation was switched with the armor outside the simulation by accident. So the armor you get outside is in fact the simulation armor. So it had 3 million HP in total. In other words you never need to repair it basically.

Quoted post: > kinda short but has enough in it to justify 800 funbux

Bad: Once you leave the simulation it shuts down and you can never enter it again unless you have a save prior to leaving or entering. So if you have a ****ton of **** you want to bring back to the wasteland you better have it all on you before you leave.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you cant carry items from the simulation into the main game

at least that's the impression i got. can you?

Didn't come out right, not sure what I was trying to say. No you can't bring **** out, another room opens when you leave.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

before you leave the outcast HQ? oh, cool

still got time to do that

Yeah a room opens up when you leave the simulation. Has a few different armors and guns from the sim.

one of them glitches the head gear you wear so you can wear all pieces at once. DR stays the same but any boosts the gear may give you stack.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wow, sweet

i hope the chinese power armor is there. in fact, I PRAY

Gauss Rifle
Trench Knife
Chinese Stealth Suit
Winterized T-51b Power Armor
Jingwei's Shock Sword
Neural Interface Suit
Outcast Specialist Robe

that's it. stealth suit is the glitched one.

Posted by Sterling

I am so getting a HDD this weekend

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;923431]Gauss Rifle
Trench Knife
Chinese Stealth Suit
Winterized T-51b Power Armor
Jingwei's Shock Sword
Neural Interface Suit
Outcast Specialist Robe

that's it. stealth suit is the glitched one.fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that's the one i want

the winter power armor is pretty good too

Quoted post: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that's the one i want

The glitch is a good thing. It just lets you stack head gear if you want, but you don't have to.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i dont really need stacked headgear, my guy usually one-shots everything at range since he has 100 small guns plus the sniping perks

My charisma is at one, so something that boosts that would definitely help.

Posted by Sterling

get the bobblehead in eulogy's pad.
also, you could try looking around for a skill book or two.

Posted by Sterling

also, i'm going to sound like an idiot, but how do i activate operation anchorage?
i randomly got a signal from the brotherhood outcasts, is that where it is?

books don't raise your special. Most I could get my charisma up to is 2 and I'm not too worried about hunting down the bobblehead.

once you get the signal you'll get a quest. check your logs.

Posted by Sterling

it says fawkes is dead. that's just for the simulation, right?

For all I know she could actually be dead. Wouldn't be surprised if your followers can die in the simulation

Posted by Sterling

no, like before i even went in. once i entered the pod it said she was dead.

She probably got killed. Reload a save, send her somewhere or whatever and go back in.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if you want to raise your charisma why dont you just use the SPECIAL-boosting perk

what a waste of a perk.

Posted by Sterling

what level are you?

9. Stat boosters and the like seem largely useless. Plus, already have all my perks figured out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

most of the perks arent that hot

though the level-20 perk for recharging your AP every time you get a kill makes you freakin imbalanced

Posted by maian

[quote]fawkes

[quote]her/she

what

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

check the records in the FEV vault lab. the human who occupied fawke's cell pre-FEV experimentation was a woman. it's suggested, therefore, that fawkes is a woman.

i still call him a guy though because it's weird to think of a super mutant as a female

I can her a her. Even though iir super mutants are neither. BUT STILL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, they're androgynous. cant reproduce, can only be created

which is why they take prisoners

Posted by maian

Fawkes will always be a dude to me. And that's terrifying.

Posted by WillisGreeny

iirc fawkes was thrown in to the cell by the other mutants after mutation, inwhich Fawkes actually states that the cell wasn't always his. Fawkes could have still been a she, however it's impossible to know for sure. Evidnce suggesting he can only be a she doesn't hold water.

Posted by Degeneration

anchorage dlc wait whaaat? STOP MAKING ME WANT A 360

Posted by WillisGreeny

PC or PS3, not an xbox exclusive.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

anchorage DLC is only on xbox

owned

Posted by WillisGreeny

more like rented.

It's coming to the PC.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

xbox 360 superiority

Turns out Fawkes is a male. Any confusion was an error apparently. So says the the lead designer.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Now we can all put our minds to ease. Kinda funny that the lead designer cleared it up. They should have just left it to speculation.

Man, I don't know what my stats were in the PC version but this is a cakewalk. Taking on a billion Enclave and cages full of Deathclaws and I'm all "yall can't stop dis"

maybe I'm just smarter about what I picked this time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the best fight in the game happens at the capitol

enclave and their deathclaw army against a behemoth and a lot of super mutant masters. freakin. sweet.

Probably could **** 'em up already.

You know, I'm probably doing better because I'm not using vats against the tough dudes. Playing it like a CoD or something. Take a couple shots and duck behind a tree. Rinse and repeat. Never get touched.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i did the capitol fight at maybe level 15 or 16 and apart from a couple of stimpacks i didnt face much trouble. best part was using my fatman on their freaking IN. FLIGHT. VERTIBIRD. holy ****, what an explosion that was.

i think there's actually a second behemoth inside the capitol dome too. love behemoths. their lil lampost + hydrant hammer cracks me up

Behemoths are easy as ****. The first one in the story I understand was supposed to be easy but I ran into a second one and pretty much just had to keep backing up and shooting to kill it.

Fact: Yao Guai are the hardest enemies in the game. They take off, like, all my health in a couple swipes and I can't ****ing back up quick enough to kill them without getting hit. Everything else is a breeze.