VGC Brawl Tournament: Round-Robin Tourneyfag Counterpick "Quickie" what?

Posted by Iris

[CENTER].:Round-Robin Tourneyfag Counterpick "Quickie":.

Registrations are now closed. The tournament begins Saturday August 2nd.

Prizes

Yeah right. Not unless some one puts one up.

Rules

[LEFT]1. All Characters are allowed.
2. All items are off.
3. 4 stocks, no time limit.
4. All matches are best of 3.
5. Stages can only be used once per set of matches.
6. Legal stages are: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Frigate Orpheon, Bridge of Eldin, Mario Circuit, Distant Planet, Castle Siege, Pirate Ship, and Pictochat.
7. We won't be going by rounds. However, failure to meet 2 scheduled appointments for a specific match will result in no points awarded to either players for that fight. However, if one player meets the 2 appointments and the other does not, the person who showed up will be awarded the point.
8. Counterpicks for characters are being enforced this tournament. This means the winner of the first match of a set can not change characters during the next match. If the set goes into a third match, both players are free to choose any character.

[CENTER]The way round-robin works, everyone will fight everyone. This means there will be 7 sets of matches for each entrant. Post all results, as you get a point for each win. I will keep the results in the first post. To get accurate and definitive rankings, ties will result in miniature round-robin tournaments with the same rules. The tournament has no real time frame, however, I will deal with any delays so we can finish this in a timely fashion.

Because the fights and schedules are self explanatory, no bracket will be made.

Schedule

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/vwsoio.png[/IMG]
[/CENTER]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Posted by Arcadios

Sounds Interesting.
I'm in.

Posted by O.T.L

I'm in

I was thinking of doing something similar to this except it would work similar to a soccer season, and the matches would be timed. a winner gets 3 points , and a tie would get each person 1 points, but this is cool.

Posted by Iris

I hope the big set of rules and round-robin tournament style doesn't intimidate anyone. Hopefully most entrants will get in a lot of matches consecutively. Anyways, since oswaldo and Aioros made a point system, the results of this tournament will influence the rankings. I'm thinking, since this is going to be a definitive tournament, but is also kind of small, 1st place will get 2 points, 2nd place 1.5 points, 3rd place 1 point, and 4th place .5 points. Maybe in future tournaments we can ues that point system for creating brackets, or just for reference.

Posted by O.T.L

kewwwl :)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I'm in.

This looks very interesting.[/COLOR]

Posted by David M. Awesome

I'd like to participate.

Posted by Arcadios

So all matches in this tourney will be free for alls?

Posted by Ant

ANT JOIN YES

Posted by Ant

so who plays who win...?

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Arcadios: So all matches in this tourney will be free for alls?

there 1v1's after you fight one person you brawl the next person on the list...

there should be a list and an order to tell who your brawling next, but we dont have enough people yet so that list is on hold.

Posted by Corrupt

Sign me up.

...yeah, that's right, I went there

Oh *** yes Corrupt is playing

Posted by Iris

It's all 1v1. There's no particular order to it, though I can make one if it's easier to work off of. Just make sure it's scheduled and that you record the results.

Posted by Ant

Well, to keep the results even we'd have to all have the same amount of matches right? So a schedule is kinda needed.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Ant: Well, to keep the results even we'd have to all have the same amount of matches right? So a schedule is kinda needed.

I loved your avatar... Now I ****ing love it!

and I guess a schedule/line up would be helpful.

Posted by Iris

Okay, I'll make a chart so you know who to fight in which order.

Posted by S

I'm in.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting oswaldothelegend: I'm in

I was thinking of doing something similar to this except it would work similar to a soccer season, and the matches would be timed. a winner gets 3 points , and a tie would get each person 1 points, but this is cool.

and then the guys with the most points go to the play-offs.

Lets begin.

Posted by S

I'll be on and ready all tomorrow morning. Hit me up if you're ready.

Posted by Alastor

Hey, Iris. You might want to take "Quickie" out of the title. We all know what happened the last time we had a "Quickie" tournament! ;)

Posted by Arcadios

I'll be on all night.
So just IM me.

Posted by Iris

Schedule created. The order of each person's matches are down the column. I'll keep the picture up to date as often as possible, marking wins and losses.

Changed the "ties result in miniature single-elimination tournaments" to round-robin ones. That way, if 3 or more people tie, we can rank them individually. Debating whether or not I should limit the stages more. What say you, entrants?

Posted by Corrupt

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Linko_16

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Posted by O.T.L

Im up :)

anyone wanna go?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I'll get on in a little bit. So do we have to fight everyone in that specific order?[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

We don't have to go in order do we?

I was thinking of brawling most of you tonight.

Posted by Alastor

Shouldn't matter what order you go in. It'll be the same outcome regardless.

Posted by Arcadios

I'm done for the morning.
Maybe later tonight after work.

Posted by Iris

Order doesn't really matter, only there to appease Ant.

Hehe, Linko, round-robin doesn't require 2^x players. I can put you in if you'd like and everyone doesn't mind the extra match.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

nah, it's too late for him. Too late...

Posted by Corrupt

Welp, I'm on now if any of you want to go at it. I added Aioros and Oswaldo as well, so I'm ready whenever.

Posted by O.T.L

I'll brawl you now.

Posted by Corrupt

All right, but pardon my wifi issues, as they've been occurring far more frequently as of late!

Posted by Corrupt

Sorry I didn't establish this in time, but were those our actual matches, Oswaldo? Or were those just warm-ups? :X

Posted by O.T.L

warm ups. I'll start the real rules now

Posted by Corrupt

All right, I lagged out hardcore in that last one too. ****.

Posted by Corrupt

...and of course I just HAVE to suicide on those last two stocks. *** **** it :(

Posted by O.T.L

Gawd those matches were close, I got lucky. I honestly think you would have won the that last match, you have an AWESOME yoshi!

Posted by Ant

Oh, I guess the order doesn't matter. I was just a little confused on the whole thing is all. BUT I GET IT NOW!

Posted by Corrupt

Thanks, man. Your Diddy actually reminds me of a really good Diddy player here in SoCal. You're quite handy with the bananas, and it was good practice for me because I was working on how to use the bananas to my advantage. Good games dude, and you did get lucky because of those two suicides, but still, you played very well. I just really like this tournament because it isn't like if you lose 1 round, it's game over. The journey continues!

edit: to Oswaldo, get out of the way Ant :mad2:

Posted by O.T.L

I lol'd that last match when after I killed you I was running around in circles but you like totally knew where I was going and you ran in circles with me then killed me :) then in the next life the same thing happened and we did the same but I moved back.

what does that edit mean? The to oswaldo. move out of the way Ant?

Quoted post: what does that edit mean? The to oswaldo. move out of the way Ant?

ant ninja'd corrupt's post and rupt is giving ant ****

IDIOT

Posted by Ant

well, I had my matches with Corrupt and ****, probably the closest matches I've had in a tourney.

Round 1: Ant(TL) vs Corrupt(Wolf) on Smashville
From the get go Corrupt was pretty much handing my *** to me. Then on the 3rd stock I managed to get things even to where I was at 15% on my last to his fresh last stock. So I thought I might have a chance to come back and win this one. No sir! Basically anytime he got me on the edge I'd have a lot of trouble getting back to the stage. And with one quick down+a I was done for. Round goes to Corrupt

Round 2: Ant(MK) vs Corrupt(Wolf) on FD
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. this match had me ****ing PUMPED the whole way through. I was always just about 30% ahead on him to where I'd kill him and I'd get some tornado on him and he'd kill me soon after. Then last stock we both got up to 100% and we were tiptoeing around each other. He'd blast me with his blaster and I was so out of it or something that I was just sitting there and taking it. Waiting for him to come in so I could do a quick down+a and kill him. And when he finally came in, he did a move, I sidedashed, did a move, he sidedashed, and then I guess I wasn't quick enough and he got me with the down+a once again and I flew across the other side of the stage.
P.S. This match was ****ing 7 minutes and 42 seconds long. :$

so yeah, ****ing intense. curupt winz. ****ing hell.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting oswaldothelegend: I lol'd that last match when after I killed you I was running around in circles but you like totally knew where I was going and you ran in circles with me then killed me :) then in the next life the same thing happened and we did the same but I moved back.

Yeah man, predicting your opponent's moves is Brawl's bread and butter. I was kinda surprised I managed to land that up smash against you, really. We'll have some 1v1s later on, definitely.

Zyzex Remix: yeah sure. just let me tell the world of vgc that I'm a failure
Zyzex Remix: lol

haha ur a failure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good games though, buddy. You came especially close with the 'Knight in that last match, and it was pretty much down to whoever blinked first. I was honestly surprised that you didn't bust out the Lucas at some point, though. Either way, fantastic matches, and good luck to you in your future rounds!

Posted by O.T.L

me against Corrupt.

Smashville me ( diddy ) and Corrupt ( King DeDeDe )

It was very easy for me to combo DDD's big ***, but Corrupt is very tricky and skillful he was keeping things pretty even, but yeah I won.

round 2 Delfino me ( diddy ) vs Corrupt ( Yoshi )

dam he's the best yoshi I have seen, he started off handing my *** to me and I was having trouble keeping up He was getting a bunch of damage on me before I managed to get some hits on him. I managed to get him to 100 or so before he killed me, but Corrupt was leaving me in the dust, by the end he had 2 lives left with some damage on him.

Corrupt wins.

round 3 Final Destination Me ( diddy ) vs Corrupt ( Yoshi )

Man Corrupt is good! The entire match was extremely even, we would both get to insane amounts of damage before either one of us died. The first stock I killed his yoshi but right away Corrupt came and sent me Blasting off again. and once again in the next stock I had killed him and then got his next life to about 25% or so before he killed me, and then some unthinkable **** happened he suicided!? I dont remember exactly what happened but he died, and shortly after reviving he fell off the stage and got caught in that FD cave that doesnt let you recover. so yeah even matches but the suicides gave me the win.
winner me.

Posted by Arcadios

Wow, Rupty is suddenly on Brawl Roids.
I'll fight anyone who wants to have our round after I'm out of work. (9:30PM)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I can get online now, anybody wanna get their matches going?[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

Lets do it Aioros

Posted by Iris

Might get my match out of the way with Corrupt. I'll do it with you two as well, I suppose.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Ok, I'm already there.[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Okay, so I guess I can have my matches with Aioros before I have mine with Iris? After Aioros and Oswaldo are done, that is. But I guess it's more likely that Iris and I will go first, and then if you're still on, Paul (I should just call you that), we can have our matches. I won't be going anywhere for a while, and plus, there'll be plenty of friendlies that follow considering Chris is making his way over here!

Solrok said he'd be on all morning, though I have yet to see him at all. :(

Posted by O.T.L

I lost to Aioros. Good games dood!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Me and Oswaldo:

Round 1: Final Destination - Aioros (Snake) Oswaldo (Link)

This first match went prety smooth. We were pretty even the whole time, until i was able to get some F Smashes on him and turned the game in my favor.

Aioros wins.

Round : Smashville - Aioros (Snake) Oswaldo (Link)

Before we got to play this second match there were a **** load of laggy matches, but once the problem was fixed we finally had our match. On this round, Oswaldo was kicking my *** pretty good from the get go, and i even suicided one time. But then i turned it around close to the end and eventually took a big lead.

Aioros wins.

Sorry about the lag problems, but once it was fixed the matches were pretty intense![/COLOR]

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Corrupt, i guess we can have our matches next.[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Okay Paul, two practice matches, and then we'll get on with the real stuff. Sound good?

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna have them against Iris first. Mind waiting a bit? Iris, same thing applies.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Ok, dont forget it's 4 stock.[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Okay, I have a room open. I'm ready whenever you are.

Oh yeah, and Iris managed to win two very intense matches. She's posting the recap, I think.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]K, you still wanna do 2 practice rounds?[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Wow, those matches were awesome. Even the practice matches were intense. Great fights, Corrupt

Round 1: Battlefield - Iris (Zelda) vs. Corrupt (Yoshi)

Though the first stock was neck and neck, once I managed to get in the first kill, things began to go my way. Two of Corrupt's stocks were lost to early sweetspots, so he didn't get much chance to fight back and shift into survival mode on those stocks. Despite his fierce Yoshi, my early lead sealed my victory during this battle. Iris wins.

Round 2: Smashville - Iris (Zelda) vs. Corrupt (Wolf)

Having not often played Corrupt's Wolf, I was tense and wasn't sure what to expect. Pleasantly to my surprise, his Wolf is legitimate and respectable, making the match far more engrossing. Though we managed to stay neck and neck, I was usually the first to lose a life and took minor damage upon evening the stocks, giving Wolf a small lead. The end of the match was an off-stage battle with me at a moderate % and Wolf at a killable %, and a poorly timed Farore's Wind and good edgeguarding on Corrupt's part gave him a victory. Corrupt wins.

Round 3: Yoshi's Island - Iris (Zelda) vs. Corrupt (Wolf)

Though we were mostly neck and neck the first stocks, a lightning kick to Wolf at only around 80% gave me a small lead to come back. Though Corrupt kept the pressure up and pretty much took the lead away, I managed to get the win with the most anti-climactic finish ever; a botched Wolf recovery. Iris wins.

I wish normal matches could be that fun and intense. I credit my victory to the lack of BLASTER BLASTER BLASTER FSMASH BLASTER!

Posted by Iris

I'm ready to fight as well. Aioros, oswaldo, I should be available all today, and I hope we can finish the matches as soon as possible. I'll be wanting 2 practice rounds beforehand though.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Wooo, I win! 2 - 0

GGs Corrupt, you mind doing the summary?[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Paul, you really might want to consider using moves OTHER than your forward tilt, upsmash, and forward smash, for ****'s sake. Paul won both matches, I'll let him post a recap if he wants.

Edit: Nah Paul, go ahead and do one yourself if you want.

Posted by O.T.L

I'll brawl you now Iris

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Aioros vs Corrupt recap:

Round 1 i win.

Round 2 i win.

I also won the 2 practice matches, there you go.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Okay, I'll get on, Oswaldo. 2 practices please.

Posted by O.T.L

ok

Posted by O.T.L

I lost to Iris. Good games dood :)

Posted by Iris

"dood?"

Anyways, it's a shame the second match go frozen, I had an 80% lead. Also, how come you always have to host? I had a room open for a while but you never entered and always made your own right when I shut it down.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting oswaldothelegend: I lost to Iris. Good games dood :)

[COLOR="Yellow"]What?!. Not about calling Iris a dude, but about losing. . . dood.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Want to get our matches out of the way, Aioros?

Posted by O.T.L

idk it took me a while to log on, and when I did you didnt have a room up at the time so I opened one. Yeah someone called the house that second match, really sexy spike you did. On that last match I think I might have been able to have jumped on the outside platform thing but I mistimed my jump, i thought it was going to start to go down a bit by the time I did my upA.

lol no final destination matches lol

edit- Iris is good dood!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Ok Iris, practice rounds or no?[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

2 practices.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Corrupt: Paul, you really might want to consider using moves OTHER than your forward tilt, upsmash, and forward smash, for ****'s sake.

****ing seconding like the fist of the north star

This seems a lot less complicated than other tournaments. Definitely gotta do some more of these.

Hope my connection at my new home isn't as awful as I'm anticipating. My cousin uses the ISP I'll be stuck with, and he's got a constant red connection in Brawl. I wouldn't even bother playing anymore.

We'll see, though. Their home network is pretty fail to begin with.

Posted by Iris

You know how I said I've wanted to fight you? yeah, I take that back. You play like a faggot and only use 3 moves.

No offense.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yes!

Non taken.

2 - 0 me.[/COLOR]

Posted by maian

alright iris I'm ready to have our match

Posted by Iris

no never

Posted by maian

:(

On a more serious note, I had no idea there was a new tournament. This is one I totally would've joined. ;_; I really like the "Round Robin" idea.

This may seem unreasonable, but perhaps in the future, can tournament threads begin with "_______________: VGC Brawl Tournament"?

Obviously it wouldn't make sense to do so just because of me, but I think it would be more convienent for everyone. Namely because, if there are people like me who seldom visit the Smash board anymore save for tournaments, it allows us to see the thread on the main page, which lets us know there's indeed a new one.

Posted by Alastor

I think abbreviating it would work just as well.

Either "VBT:" or "VGCBT:".

Posted by Arcadios

k, I'm one if anyone wants to fight .
IM me.

Posted by maian

Quoting Alastor: I think abbreviating it would work just as well.

Either "VBT:" or "VGCBT:".

this

Posted by O.T.L

lol no one can beat Aioros XD. I think I could have beat you dude, but I'm using the chameleon controler and I noticed that it sometimes makes me attack in the wrong direction and stuff like that, I'll ask a homey to let me borrow a Gcube control so I can hopefully stop losing. :\

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Iris: You know how I said I've wanted to fight you? yeah, I take that back. You play like a faggot and only use 3 moves.

No offense.

Yeah me and Aioros go at it pretty hardcore (when I have a good control) we constantly exchange wins. cuz were cool like that :cool:

Posted by Arcadios

People no one wants to fight: Oswaldo, Aioros.

Nothing new.

Quoting oswaldothelegend: Yeah me and Aioros go at it pretty hardcore (when I have a good control) we constantly exchange wins. cuz were cool like that :cool:

Well the main reason people play Brawl is to have fun.
For you it seems having "fun" is just another word for I MUST WIN BOOMARROBOMBDOWNBREPAEATX8.

Posted by O.T.L

wanna brawl? I got my chameleon control so you might win....:/

Posted by Arcadios

Eh, fine.
For like 30 mins maybe.
No tourney matches though since I'm too tired to take anything serious.

Posted by O.T.L

I was talking about tourney matches...

but w/e gives me time to get a Gcube control before a tourney match

Posted by Arcadios

Fine, tourney matches then.
First one counts as practice.

Posted by Arcadios

ugh ****ty connection

Posted by O.T.L

those were tourney matches? I didn't get the memo.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Arcadios: Eh, fine.
For like 30 mins maybe.
No tourney matches though since I'm too tired to take anything serious.

let's do them later I'm tired as **** from work, I'm sure you are too.

Connection was ****ty too.

Posted by Arcadios

Lucas vs Link was.
Wolf vs Link got disconnected.

Quoting oswaldothelegend: let's do them later I'm tired as **** from work, I'm sure you are too.

Sure. You still get to keep that win.

Posted by O.T.L

awwwight-_- I'm goin to bed.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iris: Hehe, Linko, round-robin doesn't require 2^x players. I can put you in if you'd like and everyone doesn't mind the extra match.

If nobody minds, yeah, I'd really appreciate that.

Posted by Ant

fine by me. doesn't really matter how many people we have in this anyways.

Posted by O.T.L

no one minds, besides some people havent started their maches yet so your in good shape still.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Arcadios: Well the main reason people play Brawl is to have fun.
For you it seems having "fun" is just another word for I MUST WIN BOOMARROBOMBDOWNBREPAEATX8.

[COLOR="Yellow"]I don't get it. For me, going to local tournaments and playing competitively (winning or losing) is really fun. And i also have a lot of fun playing my girlfriend with random characters and items on.

Anyway, I'll be on for the rest of the day so i can get online pretty much anytime, unless i end up going out.[/COLOR]

Posted by S

I'm on and ready for anyone. Let me know!

Posted by O.T.L

let's brawl solrok. Any practice rounds?

Posted by S

None.

Posted by O.T.L

Let me join...

Posted by S

Join now! Door bell rang. Was stuck upstairs.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Next after Oswaldo.[/COLOR]

Posted by S

**** good fights Os. Os wins.

Posted by O.T.L

I beat Solrok. Good games dood!

Rnd1 me

Rnd2 solrok

Rnd3 me

Posted by O.T.L

Are we going to update that bracket thing soon? I want to see everyones wins and losses and stuff, i'm sure Aioros might leave this thing without even taking a loss unless ant or someone can beat him :)

I want to see the possibilities for 2nd place...:(

Posted by S

Aioros wins. Screw your chain grabs! >:O

I should've picked Falco on my second turn. We'll have a few matches again sometime.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Round 1: Aioros (Falco) vs Solrok (Ike)
I think i may have lost the first stock in this fight. But in the end i caught up and eventually took the lead. I win.

Round 2: Aioros (Falco) vs Solrok (Lucas)
This fight was pretty easy. Solrok didn't do as well as he did with Ike in the first round, and i dominated pretty much the entire fight. I ended up winning with i think 3 stocks left. I win.

It would've been cool if you'd picked Falco for a mirror match. Or you should have stayed with Ike. You almost got me with him. But good games.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Well, I've decided that I'm gonna drop out of this joint. I don't see the point in entering any tournaments when I can have the same intense/fun matches in friendlies. Besides, my Brawl endorphin stream has pretty much run dry at this point, and I really don't want to have to FORCE myself to play. I just don't think I'd really have any fun. I need to give it a rest and pick it back up in a week or so. No offense to any of you (save for Paul, you cheap little bitch), just have fun without me.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]lol[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

so...what now? the matches corrupt had are no longer valid? ****ing hell.

Posted by Corrupt

****, my impulse control when it comes to saying things on my mind is terrible. Disregard my above post, I'm not leaving.

Posted by Alastor

It's going to be funny when all interest in tournaments is lost all thanks to a certain someone.

Posted by Iris

Good...

*secures victories* Maybe future ones will be more fun. :(

Posted by Ant

Had my matches with Solrok.

Round 1: Ant(Lucas) vs Solrok(Ike) on Smashville
I had a pretty good idea he was going to be Ike, so I figured Lucas would be an excellent counter against him. Since Ike is slow and Lucas has good projectiles and strong smashes to match that of Ike. Turns out I was right. Won with 3 stock, though on the solrok's second he accidentally messed up a recovery.

Round 2: Ant(Lucas) vs Solrok(Falco) on Halberd
I also figured he'd go with Falco if I beat him with Lucas! WHICH HE DID :D However, I knew that'd be a bad match up in my case. Still, it was a very close match the whole way through. He got me with a spike on my third stock while I was doing my up+b recovery as lucas which I found fairly impressive. Still, managed to predict a roll and get an Up+A which finished the match.

gg's buddy. You've gotten better recently.

Posted by Iris

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/21bsjdl.png[/IMG]

Black lines mark losses, green circles mark wins.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I'm sorry for even saying anything about that, guys, as it was totally unecessary. Let's get some more matches up in this bitch!

Speaking of which, Solrok and I had our rounds.

Round #1: Corrupt (Wolf) vs. Solrok (Ike) on Smashville

I knew he'd be picking Ike, and considered Wolf to be a good counter (which he is to almost anyone, haha). I'm admittedly not very good at remembering a lot of details about the matches I play, but I do know that I had a pretty good lead, and though he did manage to get me down to my last stock towards the end, one downsmash was all it took. I feel so ****ing dirty for using that sometimes. :( A winner is me.

Round #2: Corrupt (Wolf) vs. Solrok (Ike) on Battlefield

Same matchup, different stage. It started off by me getting a solid lead over him, but after a bit he started showing signs of storming back in a fiery rage, until he started a suicide chain that cost him the match. It's too bad, because you probably would've given me a run for my money. Ike's priority and hitboxes are a beast. Good games, definitely; I've noticed that your Ike has improved significantly! Keep it up, man.

Posted by Ant

Had my matches with Aioros

Round 1: Ant(Pika) vs Aioros(Falco) on Halberd
This match was neck and neck the whole way through. I believe on his second stock he might have thought he had a jump left when he didn't and fell to his death at a pretty early percent. Regardless, we were both in the 100%s on the last stock. But after peppering him up all the way to 160% or so I finally got in a killing up+a(I think) and killed him.

Round 2: Ant(Pika) vs Aioros(Snake) on FD
Once again this match was neck and neck the whole way through, that is till the last stock. Did a ****ing stupid roll right into a f+smash at about 40% and killed me. I was ****SSSSED.

Round 3: Ant(Pika) vs Aioros(Snake) on Battlefield
It started out close, but I think he was getting used to my Pika by this point and he gained a one stock lead on me. However, I managed to pelt him a lot with electricity on the 3rd stock due to lag and had things fairly close on the last stock(I think). But, he managed to get a good groove on that last stock and tilt+a'd me flying away.

Match goes to Aioros. gg's. I don't really care if you were "cheap" during these, since I was just as if not more so during our matches. :cool:

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Ant: I don't really care if you were "cheap" during these, since I was just as if not more so during our matches. :cool:

[COLOR="Yellow"]Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. There were thunder bolts all over the place and the only way to stand a chance was to get close and hit hard. My hat goes off to you Ant, definitely the closest matches i've had yet. GGs.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Iris: [IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/21bsjdl.png[/IMG]

Black lines mark losses, green circles mark wins.

Hey, I didn't complete our matches.
We just played one match is all.

Posted by Linko_16

Lol, Iris made me indigo.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread for the rest of the night, so if anyone wants to have their match with me, speak up. I'll be free for some rounds after dinner, which sounds like it's going to be any minute now. You can also find me on AIM.

Posted by O.T.L

I'm free the rest of the night soooo, challenge meh.

Posted by Ant

Alright oswaldo, wanna have those matches?

Posted by Iris

[quote=Arcadios;870498]Hey, I didn't complete our matches.
We just played one match is all.
Oh, my bad. Thought you meant you did.

Posted by O.T.L

My connection is bieng gay, let's try later.

Posted by Linko_16

Corrupt beat me. I'll post a recap in a bit, but I had to move my Wii to a new spot in the house and I think it might've greatly increased the lag on my end. I'm about to test it out with Iris.

Posted by Corrupt

Too bad you couldn't have done that before our matches, because the lag was pretty intense. :/ Good games once again, my friend.

Posted by Linko_16

Round 1: Jigglypuff vs. Jigglypuff, Pokemon Stadium
Corrupt and I agreed beforehand that we'd have one Jiggly brawl just for fun. It was complete neck-and-neck the whole way; if anyone gained the lead, they did not stay there for long. In the end, we were both very close to death, and Corrupt got the drop on me.

Game goes to Corrupt.

Round 2: Link vs. Jigglypuff, Final Destination
I knew Link would be my best bet against Jigglypuff - anyone with a sword is a huge problem for her - but Corrupt put up a huge fight. For our first two lives we were again neck-and-neck, but I slowly gained a lead over the final two and defeated him in the end.

Game goes to Linko.

Round 3: Pokemon Trainer vs. Wolf
Pokemon Trainer was a terrible idea vs. Wolf. No one of them (except maybe Charizard, with whom I did okay) could stand up to Wolf's combined speed and range, and thanks to his power, it did not last long.

Game, Set and Match goes to Corrupt.

I gotta be honest, dude, I was hoping you would be one of my victories, but you proved me wrong hard. Way to go.

Round 1: Toon Link vs. Shiek, Battlefield
Although I was frustrated that Corrupt went with the over-balanced Wolf to "stay alive," I could hardly blame him seeing as I decided to use the over-balanced Toon Link, a character I normally ignore, to stand up against one of my most difficult opponents on VGC, Iris and her Zelda. However, having just used Link in the practice round, I made a grave error when, very early in the match, I used the downthrust while off the ledge, forgetting it was red hot (read: plummets you down). I did quite terribly during my next life as well, thinking the whole match was a disaster. However, I seemed to turn the tide a bit during my last two lives, fighting furiously to catch up to her, though in the end it still wasn't enough.

Game goes to Iris.

Round 2: Toon Link vs. Shiek, Pirate Ship
I chose Pirate Ship this time to try and throw Iris off her groove, and it was working quite well. I enjoyed a very subtle lead, and lucked out even further when it was her who suicided - she began charging her needles on the very edge of the hull of the ship when she slipped off and fell too far before she could stop charging. She almost caught up to me just like I almost caught up to her last round, but when we both got caught on the catapult, it sent her all the way off-screen to her death.

Game goes to Linko.

Round 3: Toon Link vs. Zelda, Final Destination
This time she switched from Shiek to Zelda, and at a stage where Iris's Zelda = rape. :( I had been trying to avoid it, but she got her pick this time. Not much to say, I lost the lead early and never recovered. Maybe I should've gone to R.O.B. like I considered doing... but if I had done that and lost, I would've kicked myself for not staying Toon Link.

Game, Set and Match goes to Iris.

WELL, I'm certainly not off to a good start. What happened to the SURVIVAL MODE that I carried with me on to victory in the first tournament? Hopefully I'll do better in future matches.

Posted by Iris

With such a fantastic Toon Link, I can see you easily coming back and gaining more victories. Best of luck in your future matches.

Posted by O.T.L

-__- anyone here that wants to do our matches?

Posted by Arcadios

No rage for me today.
It's actually a good night so far and don't need anything annoying to stop it.

Posted by O.T.L

agreed -__- tommorow is good, I'm sweepy -__-

Posted by Arcadios

Eh, guess now is okay.

Posted by O.T.L

ok

Posted by Arcadios

So I win.

First match ago we had he won.
This time Lucas vs Link on Battlefield and I won.
We had another match Wolf vs Link and it disconnected.
Last match Lucas vs Link. Last life on each. I had 34% and he had 138% and then it disconnects.

I ****ing call win since this **** is too much to bear.
2 Disconnects and it goes down the tunnel.

Posted by O.T.L

yeah i lost, that disconnect counts as my loss, safe to say I would have lost anyway. Good games dood! I liked that battlefield match that one was fun.

edit- and I'm sure the disconnect was my fault, because I couldnt get on the internet at all after the match.

Posted by Arcadios

Fix it. I had that same problem on the first tourney but it was just do to bad and far wireless connection. Yours isn't so bad since it stayed solid for most of the match until the end when everything gets slow and then dies.

Posted by O.T.L

When someone calls the house It slows down and dies. I unplugged the phone when it was lagging we had the first match lucas vs link, then it disconnnected. and idk what happened at the end there.

I thought you were gonna bust the space animals and emo kirby on me, especially wolf, his upA too unreliable?

edit- enjoy thy victory for it may be thou's last. ( I think I ****ed that up. )

Posted by Arcadios

I'm not nearly as good with Metaknight as I am with Lucas and Wolf's recovery is tricky.
You use dial-up? =/

Posted by O.T.L

Nope DSL. Its just that the Internet is connected from a phone line.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Arcadios: You use dial-up? =/

If he used dial-up he wouldn't even be able to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. :o

With his permission, I'll be at Linko's on Thursday this week, and maybe Friday if I can, just so that everyone knows. I'd like to try to get in as many official matches as possible in those days so that I won't have to worry about it again.

Posted by Iris

I beat Ant. I don't really feel like recapping, but I'm pretty proud of that third match. :p

Posted by Arcadios

I beat Corrupt.

First Match: Lucas (Arc) vs Wolf (Rupty) on Battlefield
This one was pretty one sided. I was always one life behind Corrupt and it was just a matter of time before I slipped and lost.
Victor: Corrupt

Second Match: Luigi (Arc) vs Wolf (Rupty) on Halberd
Another close match that had me shaking. One life each, cannon ball came and Rupty went to the right and accidentally suicided.
Victor: Arcadios

Third Match: Luigi (Arc) vs Yoshi (Rupty) on Final Destination
This match was one of the closest I've ever had. Rupty had a percentage lead every time until I caught him off guard on the ledge and he fell. When it was one life each 0% I was scared as ****. I managed to dodge his smashes and hit him right after he was done with one of my own. I don't know how I could've done it but maybe all Luigis have a built in SURVIVAL MODE.
Victor: Arcadios

Fantastic and Fabulous Matches, Sir.

Posted by Corrupt

You as well, sah. Admittedly I do kind of regret using Yoshi in the last match instead of Dedede, but it was still close. You're pretty much the only person I know that plays Luigi, so you were definitely able to catch me off guard a fair amount. :cool: Good games.

[quote=Corrupt;870891]You as well, sah. Admittedly I do kind of regret using Yoshi in the last match instead of Dedede, but it was still close. You're pretty much the only person I know that plays Luigi, so you were definitely able to catch me off guard a fair amount. :cool: Good games.

[quote=Corrupt;870891]Admittedly I do kind of regret using Yoshi in the last match instead of Dedede, but it was still close.

[quote=Corrupt;870891]Yoshi instead of Dedede

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/davidmawesome/outsource/AwesomeGordo.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

Posted by Arcadios

Fought Iris and lost.
We were both Wolf and Zelda the whole time.
Won first match at Battlefield.
Lost Second at Isle Delfino.
Lost Third Final Destination.

Not much to say since they were all pretty neck to neck.
Good games, Iris. You eere probably expecting Lucas or Luigi. :x

So two wins and a lose in one day.
I'm kinda Brawl'd out for the serious part. :(

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I had a hunch you'd be Lucas or Luigi, hadn't expected Wolf for all 3. Anyways, first and last were very neck and neck.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: With his permission, I'll be at Linko's on Thursday this week

As if you ever have permission, faggot.

[quote=Linko_16;870913][COLOR=indigo]As if you ever have permission, faggot.[/COLOR]

So I'm at Linko's house right now if anyone wants to get a match in. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting David M. Awesome: So I'm at Linko's house right now if anyone wants to get a match in. :cool:

GET OUT.

Oh, hey, we can have our match totally lag-free, huh? How silly.

[quote=Linko_16;870917][COLOR=indigo]GET OUT.

Oh, hey, we can have our match totally lag-free, huh? How silly.
[/COLOR]

I was under the impression that you weren't in this tournament.

Posted by Linko_16

I think your face is going to be under the impression of my fist.

gonna be up his bum is more like it

DOHOHOHOHO

[quote=Linko_16;870945][COLOR=indigo]I think your face is going to be under the impression of my fist.[/COLOR]

Tell your mum I said, "Happy Birthday."

Posted by S

I'll be on at 5:30 PM PST and able to play for about an hour.

Posted by Arcadios

Won against Solrok.

Posted by Iris

Same. Good games. I'd advise you to watch out for lightning kicks, I got a lot of early kills because you didn't block them. It's to your advantage, they're laggy if they sweetspot a shield.

Posted by Ant

kay, I won against arc. good matches all around. not much else to say.

Posted by Arcadios

Lost to Ant.
How about an update on that list?

Two loses and three wins.
Eh, not so bad.

Posted by Iris

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/307ydrm.png[/IMG]

Linko and David have a lot of catching up to do.

Posted by Arcadios

Aioros, let's have our match.

Posted by O.T.L

;)

Im on all night so challenge meh

edit- 4got I had tickets to see Pineapple express, so laterz...

Posted by Linko_16

Sorry for being fags and being completely absent from the tournament thusfar, but David and I are going to try to get in as many fights as possible today. I'll keep a close eye on this thread and stay on AIM if you want to hit me up.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]My DSL router is being gay and doesn't work. But i am still able to get online using my neighbor's wireless connection (lol), which isn't completely reliable but it seems to work well enough. So anyone who i haven't played yet, let me know. I'll be on for the rest of the day.[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

Seeing as you're the man to beat in this tournament, I want to have a bit longer to practice against other players and get fully warmed up before taking you on, if that's okay.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]No problem. That's actually good since I'm having some internet problems, i need a bit of time to get my router working again. The wireless connection is giving me terrible lag.

EDIT: If you wanna have some friendly matches though, I'm up for that.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

lol reset your router

Posted by Ant

kay, had my matches with linko and david and won.

Posted by Iris

I beat David. He's probably angry because the last death was very lucky. :(

[quote=Iris;871683]I beat David. He's probably angry because the last death was very lucky. :(

At least it wasn't SMASH BALLS. :cool:

I just played Corrupt, and I won.

Posted by Arcadios

DETAILS ON THAT MATCH

Posted by Corrupt

I don't want to take away any credit from David, but I swear to ****ing *** that I experienced some of THE worst lag ever in a match, which baffles me seeing as he doesn't live all that far away. I seriously couldn't do shit, it felt like, especially in that last match. But David, good choice on countering with Falco, as that matchup is very bad for triple D, heheh. Good games nonetheless, and good luck to you in your future matchups.

[quote=Arcadios;871690]DETAILS ON THAT MATCH

Really?

[quote=Corrupt;871691]I don't want to take away any credit from David, but I swear to ****ing *** that I experienced some of THE worst lag ever in a match, which baffles me seeing as he doesn't live all that far away. I seriously couldn't do sh[COLOR=lime]it[/COLOR], it felt like, especially in that last match. But David, good choice on countering with Falco, as that matchup is very bad for triple D, heheh. Good games nonetheless, and good luck to you in your future matchups.

I didn't feel like the lag was all that bad, actually, compared with how bad we get it with some people. It was present, though, which is worse than it usually is with our connection.

Posted by Corrupt

I guess maybe it was worse on my end, because most of the time I felt like I was trying to slog my way through molasses.

And a quick recap because probably neither David or I feel like making a detailed one: First match, his DDD vs. my Wolf, very close match. Second round I two stock him in a DDD ditto, and he did the same to me with Falco in the final round.
boom bang ZAPPO! Ka-fwoosh.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]So let me get this straight. In order to win this tourny and beat Iris, i have to have a perfect record and not lose a single match? No pressure.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Well, if you lose one, I get a rematch. If you lose 2, I win.

Posted by Ant

rematch what? this doesn't seem like the kind of tourney where that would matter.

Posted by Iris

I said in the first post, ties are decided by miniature round robin tournaments. Between two people, it'd simply be a rematch. This way we get 9 different rankings.

Posted by Ant

I knew this tourney was rigged right from the beginning.

Posted by Iris

IT'S NOT RIGGED, YOU'RE RIGGED!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Ooooooh, I'm hoping for a tie to make things more interesting.

Also, Arcadios would have to win his next 3 matches, and i would have to lose my next 3 for him to surpass me.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Still don't get it so well but SURE THANG.

Posted by Iris

Well, the people who rank 1-4 will all receive points for the overall tournament ranking. Normally it'd just be the first 2, but this is a lot of matches and they kind of deserve a bit more recognition than 3 matches in a single-elimination tournament.

Posted by Arcadios

Won against Linko

Detailed coming soon!

Posted by Linko_16

I should really quit now. I have made a complete disgrace of myself so far.

Posted by Ant

Don't worry man we all know you like D[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]ckgirls.

I just beat Arcadios.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Linko_16: I should really quit now. I have made a complete disgrace of myself so far.

You and me both, buddy. Never thought I'd do this bad.

Posted by Arcadios

First Round: Lucas(Arc) vs Link(o) on Halberd
This match was kinda strange. It seems like we were going back and forth damage wise until I caught Linko off guard with one of my PK Thunders off the ledge which knocked him into the ship and recoiling him down. Just a matter of time before I knocked him out with a smash. I had three lives remaining at the end.

Winner: Arc

Second Round: Lucas(Arc) vs Bowser(Linko)on Pirate Ship
This match was in the bag. I would've expected PK Trainer which would've given me more trouble but with Bowser being a huge target it was easy as Lucas. When Linko had 1 life left he leaned against the front of the boat and got pushed off. Time of match was around 2 mins.

Winner: Arc

First Round: Wolf(Arc) vs Falco(David) on Castle Seige
Accidentally Forward+B and sucided no less then 5 seconds into the match. Did the same right after I respawned. Forfeited due to that alone.
To say the least, I rage'd.

Winner: David

Second Round: Wolf(Arc) vs Falco(David) on Mario Circuit
If I had known I could pick this stage from the beginning of the tournament I probably would've had an easier time winning. With no way to suicide off any platforms(lol) It was pretty easy to catch David off guard. Nothing much else to be said.

Winner:Arc

Last Round: Wolf(Arc) vs Metaknight(David) on Bridge of Eldin
This was an easy win on David. Most because he's really good with Metaknight and second Wolf dosen't fair against him very well at all. I tried but things never looked well in this match.

Winner: David

Report Card
Won against:
Oswaldo
Corrupt
Solrok
Linko

Lost to:
Iris
Ant
David

4-3, eh, could be better.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: Second Round: Lucas(Arc) vs Bowser(Linko)on Pirate Ship
This match was in the bag. I would've expected PK Trainer which would've given me more trouble but with Bowser being a huge target it was easy as Lucas. When Linko had 1 life left he leaned against the front of the boat and got pushed off. Time of match was around 2 mins.

I had some plans in mind for how Bowser would work against Lucas, then foolishly chose Pirate Ship, where the lack of ground space would ruin those plans. It was a completely bone-headed mistake, and I deserved to lose.

Posted by O.T.L

Ant, David, and Linko. Was up :cool:

Posted by Ant

little late buddy. I might be able to do it sometime tomorrow evening.

Posted by O.T.L

I didnt mean for you guys/you to look at this right now. Tomorrow is my day off so sometime then is good.

Posted by S

I'm forfeiting the rest of my matches. I'm also going to just be for casuals from now on. Lost it's fun.

Posted by Red

this is just lovely, I say to myself, "I don't think I'll participate in the next tourney."

turns out the next tourney is round-robin. my fav kind :(.

Posted by O.T.L

Good games Ant! very close!

I lost :(

Posted by Ant

holy **** those were ****ing close oswaldo.

Round 1: Ant(Peach) vs Oswaldo(Link) on Battlefield
I figured Peach would be a good counter against Link's projectiles. Turns out I was half right. I remember I managed to kill him at 55% or so on his 2nd stock with a turnip ledgeguard. But after that we were both at 150% plus, but he finally got the kill move on me after we pussyfooted around. Oswaldo wins :(

Round 2: Ant(Lucas) vs Oswaldo(Link) on Smashville
Good counter against Link with the PK Fire and Thunder. Got an early kill on his first stock. But he kept fighting his way through to where I was at 100% or so on my last stock when I killed him finally. Ant Wins

Round 3: Ant(Lucas) vs Oswaldo(Link) on Halberd
Very close all around, I'd say he actually had the lead on me most of the match. My 3rd stock I died by the freakin lazor. But came back with a well placed Up+A which I think surprised him. Then we both got into the 100%'s on the last stock to where I somehow got him with the first hit of a down+a and won.

Really had me going considering I was trying to stay calm. :$ gg's.

so yeah, 5-3 overall. and all the matches I lost were all very close. So not too bad.

Posted by Ant

so uh, who hasn't had their matches yet?

Posted by Arcadios

Me and Aiorios.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I still need to play Arc, Linko and David. Hopefully today.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

WELL GET ON IT! Yaaaaa!

Posted by O.T.L

Chill nukka...:cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Lost to Paul. It was very, very close though (EDIT - well, close as in it felt in the middle like it could've gone either way, but in the last match I lost by about one whole life :(). Nice going, man, you played the better match.

Oswaldo, I can play you today. I see no reason why I can't take Sol's place as the person who looks like he's going to lose every single fight!

*sob*

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]You did whoop my *** in the first round, i think you still had 2 or 3 stocks left when i lost all of mine. Good games man, i thought i was done for after that first game.[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

If your still on lets do it.

edit- ;_;

Posted by maian

wait this thing is still going on?

Posted by Linko_16

Mostly due to me and David being late and lazy (plus David can only play when he's over at my house), though there are a few other stragglers who have matches to finish.

Quoting oswaldothelegend: If your still on lets do it.

edit- ;_;

Sorry, you missed me. If you can be around sometime tomorrow, I can probably do it then.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Arcadios, lets do it, come on! I'm looking to get all my matches done already. I don't know when David will be at Linko's house though.

EDIT - Bracket update plz.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/s0y6me.png[/IMG]

Posted by Linko_16

David's tied up today, but he's coming over tomorrow. Sorry for being such pests.

I'll try and watch this thread, Oswaldo, and maybe we can get our matches in later. I really think it would be best if you got AIM just for when you're trying to meet someone for a tourney match.

Posted by O.T.L

I have to leave in an hour.

Posted by Linko_16

I can do it late night if you can.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Hey Linko, i think it's pretty funny that you and David share the same Wii but you guys still haven't played your matches. lol wut?!

Come on Arcadios! Come on!. . . Come on![/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Tomorrow night if your connection is fixed.

Posted by Ant

all battles better be finished by tomorrow.

OR ELSE

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]

Quoting Arcadios: Tomorrow night if your connection is fixed.

It's better, i had no problems playing Linko or Oswaldo. I had some minor issues with Iris but then again, no lag is never guaranteed. I'll be on tomorrow night, or earlier if you can make it. But yeah, all matches should be done by tomorrow.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

So what happens when we're done?

we all become reptiles

Posted by Corrupt

**** yes. So worth it.

It's like a dream come true.

Posted by Iris

Well, unless some one puts up prizes, we just have the top 4 entrants receive overall tournament points and a shiny rank to compare with everyone else.

Posted by Ant

OH BOY

I can do the rest of my matches today if everyone else is around.

Posted by O.T.L

let's do it

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Iris;872885]Well, unless some one puts up prizes, we just have the top 4 entrants receive overall tournament points and a shiny rank to compare with everyone else.

last round robin tourney I went, was round robin in the beginning due to it being 64 people, they made to sections, 32 on one side and 32 on the other. Each side broke into groups of 8 and round robin, the ones with the best results were put in a bracket, half the entrants were eliminated due to round robin. Since the tournament still had 32 people, 16 on one and 16 on the other, they made it double elimination, then the last one standing on one side fought the last one standing on the other, for 1st and 2nd, two 3rd places, and on and on.

I think with your final four, you can create a small 4 bracket single elimination, then until you have a winner. You'd have a first, second, two 3rd places (or after you find out who's first and second, you can have both 3rd places fight each other for 3rd and the loser gets 4th) and the rest is 8th place

I just noticed that sounded a little complicated.

[quote=oswaldothelegend;872991]let's do it

Right now?

Posted by O.T.L

If you can. I have to leave in an hour... :/

Ok. I'll get on in a minute. One practice round work for you?

Posted by O.T.L

Yes, let's do 2 practices, k?

Ok.

Lost to Oswaldo two to zero, after winning both of my practice matches no less. >:C

LEFT SMASH, NOT UP SMASH LUCAS YOU FAGGOT

Still need to Aioros and Linko.

Posted by O.T.L

Good games David, I had to pick up my little brother after the match so I left.

round 1 pokemon stadium 1 Link vs Falco

things were even I killed him first, then when he respawned we fought a little bit and a crazy and fortunate events happened , my boomerang was coming back to me and his falco did a phantom falco towards me, and the boomerang made him go farther than he was supposed to and he lost his second stock while he had no damage on it. So because of that I won the match, because at the end of the match I was at my last stock with 0% so if it wasnt for that it would have been even.
winner o.τ.ι

round 2 Final Destination Link vs Lucas

things were even the whole match, we were both at high percentages at the end of our last stock, it just so happened that I got the smash in first so I won.

winner o.τ.ι

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Linko_16: I can do it late night if you can.

I'm down.

call a time past 1a.m. cst and I'll be there.

Posted by Linko_16

Oswaldo apparently had to go before I could fight him. I'll watch this thread and hopefully he'll be back in time for us to have our match today.

EDIT - Oh, well, that explains that. How about... 2 AM your time, 12 AM my time? That should give you time to prepare if you're getting back around 1 AM.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: last round robin tourney I went, was round robin in the beginning due to it being 64 people, they made to sections, 32 on one side and 32 on the other. Each side broke into groups of 8 and round robin, the ones with the best results were put in a bracket, half the entrants were eliminated due to round robin. Since the tournament still had 32 people, 16 on one and 16 on the other, they made it double elimination, then the last one standing on one side fought the last one standing on the other, for 1st and 2nd, two 3rd places, and on and on.

I think with your final four, you can create a small 4 bracket single elimination, then until you have a winner. You'd have a first, second, two 3rd places (or after you find out who's first and second, you can have both 3rd places fight each other for 3rd and the loser gets 4th) and the rest is 8th place

I just noticed that sounded a little complicated.

thats what we should do....

Quoting Iris: [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/s0y6me.png[/IMG]

IF Arc loses to Aioros, and David only wins one more match, and If I beat Linko...

were looking at a 3 way tie for 4th place...O_o

edit- thats perfect! Its a date ;)

I beat Aioros, two to zero. Good game. ;)

First match: My Metaknight vs Link at Pictochat.
I had just fought Oswaldo, so this was a breeze compared to that. I picked this stage because I figured that I would be more used to it than he was. The match was nothing spectacular, it was pretty close. I continually knocked him into missiles and **** to get the win.

Second Match: My Metaknight vs Snake at Final Destination.
This was the match I had been planning for from the beginning, and why I picked Metaknight to play with. It was fairly even for the first two lives, but then my third life went straight to **** and Paul got a whole life lead on me. I managed to take down his third life, but by then I had 100+% on my fourth life. I knocked him off the stage on his last life, and as he was using his up+B to recover, I dove off of the stage and hit him away with my dair, knocking him too far away to recover with Snake's up+B, giving me the win.

I feel like a complete *** for that, but I've realized that if I want to do any good in these tournaments I'm going to have a be as much of a douche as the rest of ya. <3

Posted by Iris

Yessss. <3 David so ****ing much. First place is up for grabs now, hun.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]OH. SH[COLOR="Yellow"][COLOR="Yellow"]I[/COLOR][/COLOR]T.

We were both down to our last stocks, only difference was that he was at 100% and i was 0%. So instead of playing it safe and staying on the ground i do the complete opposite and start going after him in the air.

I deserve to lose based on that, good games David.[/COLOR]

Just beat Linko two to one, too.

Round One: My Metaknight vs Pokemon Trainer at Battlefield.
It was close but I won.

Round Two: My Metaknight vs Link at Final Destination.
HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH OF THIS MATCH TODAY LOL.
He fell victim to his old third life curse, but then he got survival mode on his fourth, so it was pretty close at the end.

And now I'm done with this tournament. :D

Posted by Linko_16

I really ought to have been Toon Link to combat MK's speed.

Posted by Ant

Worked out well for me :)

Posted by Ant

so only arc vs aioros and linko vs oswaldo left.

and I like dark bulb's idea with the top 4 :)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I don't like it.[/COLOR] :p:

Posted by Linko_16

It'd be fun in the sense that we've known for a long time which few people were going to win this one, so doing a top-4 round robin would make it interesting.

EDIT - I've decided to forfeit my round against Oswaldo. Winning against just him certainly isn't going to do me any favors, and Corrupt, who would fall back one place if Oswaldo gains another win, has already said he doesn't care. So, that's it for me, I can now hang my head in shame in peaced.

Posted by Iris

Okay, that leaves a few places decided. Do you guys still want to settle the ties, only settle first, or not bother at all? The only possibly sets left would be Arc vs. Ant vs. David or Arc vs. Oswaldo, Ant vs. David, and me vs. Aioros.

Posted by Ant

what

Posted by Arcadios

Wonder where this guy is....

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Ant;873049]and I like dark bulb's idea with the top 4 :)

not really my idea (H) Someone else came up with the idea that to make small tournaments be worth while, have everyone fight each other, then make a small bracket towards the end

top 4 here, would be silly to let them all share the glory of first, so 2 separate brackets where the first section is 1 vs 2 and the second section is 3 vs 4. Winner of the sections fight for first, the loser of that match gets second, the losers of the 1st and second section fight once more for 3rd place, and the last one gets shafted with 4th

the only reason not to like this is the fear of 4th amirite aioros

Posted by Ant

someone would have to graph this for my stupid head to get it.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

vs-----> 2

vs-----> 4

vs (battle for 3rd place)

1st was 4
2nd was 2
3rd was 1

well that didn't clear it up

Posted by Arcadios

Aorios just beat me.

1st Match: Wolf (Me) vs Falco (Aorios) on Halberd
Match was close. Nothing really out of place to mention. We killed each other back and forth until the end. I mostly died due to Wolf's crappy recovery.
Winner: Aorios

2nd Match: Lucas(Me) vs Falco(Aorios) on Final Destination
This match was the crappiest for me. I was getting beat and when I thought I was making a comeback I got kicked in the head with a big "No" attached to it. Towards the end my bloody modem went out and had to reset it. Aorios was beating me and there was no way I'd be making any comebacks so I decided to forfeit.
Winner: Aorios.

4 Wins
4 Loses

Most. Average. EVAR.

pussy

Posted by Arcadios

Hey, vamp.

Come here a sec.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Good games man, just be careful with the side rolls and you're good to go.

I guess now Iris and i fight it out for first. Bring it.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Come here a sec.

c'mere a minute*

Haha, am I really the only one who beat Aioros? Gaaay.

Posted by O.T.L

am I too late?

edit- so now what are we doing?

edit- I think there should be a tourney thing now, its like soccer or any some sport seasons you win games to qualify into the tourney, we should do this... Only ones opposed to this are the ones that feel insecure about their game. [O_o]

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

dude, don't talk about your partner that way

Posted by Ant

lol. the man has a point!

Posted by Iris

Only matches to go through:

Iris vs. Aioros
Ant vs. David
Arc vs. Oswaldo

The last match is just a battle for fifth place, no tournament points are being rewarded however.

Posted by Ant

so wait, david and I would be playing for 3rd? and whomever of us lost would then fight the winner of the arc vs oswaldo match...right?! I THINK I GOT IT GUYS!

Posted by Iris

Nah. Loser of your match is given 4th place, regardless. I don't want to draw it out any more. Tiebreakers won't count towards overall wins, just the number rank.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: dude, don't talk about your partner that way

[COLOR="Yellow"]The only reason i don't like it is because it would drag this particular tourny far too long. We'd have to have tie breakers to figure out the top 4 and then another mini tourny for the top 4 to compete in. Nah, the rules Iris set up make more sense for this type of tourny, in my opinion.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

pusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssy

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"] We'd have to have tie breakers to figure out the top 4 and then another mini tourny for the top 4 to compete in. [/COLOR]

Not hard....

Posted by Alastor

David's this tournament's only winner in my book.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: David's this tournament's only winner in my book.

He did the impossible.

He saw the invisible.

Ro Ro.

Posted by Alastor

Precisely.

What's more is that he kicked logic out and won without Waddle Dees, Gordos or a blaster.

Hey Metaknight, let's do "that."

<3 you guys.

Posted by Corrupt

Posted by Ant

so uh, not sure if anyone cares about this thing anymore. but david and I had our matches and I won. all very close.

No. No one cares. Why would you even bring it up?

Posted by Ant

yeah, idk. david/linko's idea.

Posted by Arcadios

Don't really care.
Oswaldo can win match by default if he wants.

Posted by O.T.L

uh no, you can win by default. Who cares. :cool:

I'll get you next time, Ant. Next time.

Oh ****, this means I can finally change my avatar. =D

Posted by Ant

Yeah, your metaknight is pretty good/annoying :cool:

Same to you, buddy. :cool2:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Ant: yeah, idk. david/linko's idea.

David's idea. I'd forgotten/stopped caring until David brought it up when he came over today.

Posted by Ant

It's cool, I was in the mood for some SMASH anyways.

Posted by Iris

lol, I've been working too much and forgot about this. Okay, guess it's just me and Aioros. I can play today.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Allllllllllllllright. Best of 3 or best of 5?[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Eh. We can do 5 since it's for first place, if you want.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah that sounds good.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Okay, lemme finish eating and then we can do it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yaaaaaa![/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

I'll head on now. 2 practices please.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yes ma'am.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Ah. Aioros won, but it was incredibly close. Went into a fifth match with him at 70% and me just barely dying off the top from an upsmash.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Quick recap:

Round 1: Link (Aioros) vs Zelda (Iris)
Iris won.

Round 2: Snake (Aioros) vs Zelda (Iris)
I won

Round 3: Falco (Aioros) vs Zelda (Iris)
I won

Round 4: Link (Aioros) vs Zelda (Iris)
Iris won

Round 5: Snake (Aioros) vs Zelda (Iris) in Final Destination

This one i remember semi-well because it was the last match. The fight went pretty even the entire time but at one point i remember getting a lead with average damage on my second to last stock while Iris was on her last one. I felt pretty comfortable at this point but adrenaline seemingly kicked in and Iris pummeled me with combo after combo until we were both on our last stocks, with pretty much equal damage, neck and neck. I managed to land an up smash on her and it seemed like she was coming back down, but it was enough to send her past the kill line.

Good games, every single one of those fights came down to the wire.[/COLOR]