Nintendo UK strikes again...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Who says crap like this? Nintendo of America? No. Nintendo Co. Ltd.? Nope. The insult comics at the Rennaisance Faire? Possibly, but they're rarely so all-encompasing. Only Nintendo UK can deliver:

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3996/casualgamewiixz9.jpg

Someone needs to slap their human resources department for continually hiring these people to work in PR.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

NoE is the Sony Japan of two or three years ago.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

only geeks and otaku care about this, sheesh you guys

Also, the image isn't loading for me. What is it?

mag scan. title reads:

"Nintendo spells it out to 'Solitary anti-social teens'"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The one that gets reposted on /v/ every day? lol

never seen it before. 4chan's too ****ing slow recently to bother

Posted by n64 man

[IMG]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3996/casualgamewiixz9.jpg[/IMG]

Quoting The X:
the image isn't loading for me. What is it?

Posted by Speedfreak

I facepalmed so hard they're stuck together.

Posted by #061402

Speedfreak,

But, what? They said emo kids use the Wii? Otherwise I didn't get it.
tl;dr

Posted by Degeneration

Basically, they're defending their "real games are for losers, loser games are for real people" standpoint. They're also blatantly stating that Nintendo really is ditching its over-loyal, Mario costume wearing, Excite Truck hyping (:confused:) fanbase in favor of moms, the elderly, and people who generally wouldn't know a Gamecube from a VCR. Let's see how many of them line up for the next Nintendo console's launch day.

*double-take*

Face Training?? awww hell

Quoted post: Let's see how many of them line up for the next Nintendo console's launch day.

People still line up for a shipment of Wiis.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: People still line up for a shipment of Wiis.

Yes, and how's that going to affect sales of Nintendo's next generation system? It's one thing to sell Super Nintendos to a bunch of kids who are totally in tune with gaming and how much of a leap forward 16-bit is over the NES, but it's quite another to sell an HD Wii to a bunch of know-nothings who just spent $250 on the first Wii. Why should they pay more money for better graphics when all they want to play is Wii Sports and Wii Fit? Nintendo's going to do fine, I'm sure, but they're going to find that the audience that they're courting now isn't going to follow them into a new generation in any significant numbers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They'll sell next-generation consoles to the masses in the same way they got people to buy DS Lites.

they'll call it wii 2 and get the media on their side again. that's how

Posted by Sr. Arrogant Bastard

F Nintendo, i will not support them again

Posted by Speedfreak

This isn't Nintendo saying this, it's Nintendo Europe. A company so fucking useless at pushing Nintendo's goods that it might as well be Sony.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'd like to thank Nintendo of Europe for awarding me with the "solitary anti-social teen" label. I'd also like to thank my publicist and my agent, without whom none of this could be possible. Miriam, Pat, Duane, Maurice, and Stephanie, my managers, without whom I wouldn't be making the money today. Samantha, for always being there for me, and spending wonderful time with me. I'd like to thank all my friends and family, and most of all, thank G[COLOR=white]o[/COLOR]d for this award. Thank you all. Bless you.

...That is how they expect their fans to react, isn't it?

*edit* Oh, my bad, we don't have friends. We're anti-social, we have nobody to thank but ourselves. /wrist

Calm down, skippy. It's obviously only European gamers who are anti-social emo whiners.

Posted by Yash

This article is like a year old. The traditional games they mention in particular are Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Phantom Hourglass.

I blame the publication for the tone of the article. Nintendo is trying to get rid of the stereotype of social shut-in gamers, not "spell it out" to them.