Monumental cocks

Posted by Klarth

Sorry, I can't take you seriously as a metalhead when you have a Dethklok avatar.

Posted by Roger Smith

Why would you take anything seriously here anyway?

Posted by CookieSlayer666

Well unfortunately for you, I care not whether you like my tastes in music or not. Dethklok is the most original thing to come out in a while, metal has become dull. Everyone is trying to make it all too technical... too much showing off with how fast you can play. Not really my thing, there's no heart behind it. I prefer my music to be well thought out rather than blasting through as many tempo changes and riffs as possible.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]Dethklok is the most original thing to come out in a while, metal has become dull. Everyone is trying to make it all too technical... too much showing off with how fast you can play. Not really my thing, there's no heart behind it. I prefer my music to be well thought out rather than blasting through as many tempo changes and riffs as possible.
[quote]Dethklok
[quote]original
[quote]technical
[quote]no heart behind it
[quote]well thought out rather than blasting through as many tempo changes and riffs as possible
[quote]Dethklok
[quote][not] dull
[quote]well thought out
[quote]heart behind it
[B]OH *** MY BLOOD PRESSURE I AM SPURTING ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD HELP

MY VEINS, MY POOR VEINS[/b]

Er... what? What is the point your trying to make? Is it even valid? I don't care what you think, I don't need you to validate what I say or what I think. So what's your problem?

Posted by Klarth

My problem is that you can't mix and match objective aspects of something with your own viewpoint. You can't decry a lack of originality in the scene while simultaneously enjoying a failure spoof band which cackhandedly embodies exactly that. It's not allowed. There is nothing well thought out about them. You're free to have your own opinions when you get your premises right. Enjoy your crap all you want, but keep the flawed basis under wraps. End of.

Posted by mis0

Quoting CookieSlayer666: Er... what? What is the point your trying to make? Is it even valid? I don't care what you think, I don't need you to validate what I say or what I think. So what's your problem?

When it comes to music, a lot of the people who frequent VGC are overtly pretentious twats.

Posted by Klarth

I'm attacking his logic, not his taste.

Posted by Iris

[quote=mis0;867833]When it comes to music, a lot of the people who frequent VGC are overtly pretentious twats.
Or any other subjective matter.

Posted by mis0

Quoting netman: I'm attacking his logic, not his taste.

Right, because there is so much logic in arguing about musical tastes and preferences to begin with.

Posted by Klarth

That isn't the focus of the argument at all.

[quote=netman]Enjoy your crap all you want, but keep the flawed basis under wraps.

Gahurr hurr, durr, murr murr, hurr hurr MURR DURR DURR, gahurr hurr hurr, HURR HURR durr durr DURR.

Posted by mis0

I understand that, but I still think it's stupid anyway! :cookie:

Quoting mis0: When it comes to music, a lot of the people who frequent VGC are overtly pretentious twats.

I've noticed... And yes, it is well thought out. But the point your missing is that it's supposed to be commercial, and you have to remember that it was bought from a tv program. That's the whole point of it! It's taking a crack at the music industry and metal bands. I've heard all the Blacker Than Thou crap, and I've used it also. Such a shame that people like you give the rest of us metal heads a bad name. I didn't even mention them as one of my favourite bands! Your just jumping to conclusions that aren't yours to make.
But seeing as we're jumping to conclusions, I'd take a guess that your the sort of metal person who listens to Dimmu, because they're 'cool', you love overprocessed stuff and wear leather pants, everything's black, and you wish you could be just like Dani Filth, or Shagrath... Just because they're so dark and brutal. Did I hit it right on the head? Let me give you some info. None of the people from Dimmu are dark and mysterious. They're just a bunch of nerds who wanna write music.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]the point your missing
Almost stopped reading here.

[quote]But seeing as we're jumping to conclusions, I'd take a guess that your the sort of metal person who listens to Dimmu, because they're 'cool'
Ye heavens! I have standards. Aside from Vortex (whose work in Arcturus is his sole redemption), everything about DB is utter tripe. The novelty of their latest release wore off after a single spin, and with the tenuous exception of their just-about-tolerable oooold stuff, their whole back catalogue is overprocessed mallgoth.
[quote]Dani Filth
I have even less to say in favour of Cradle of Filth, except that "Nymphetamine" is a decent song, if only for the fact that Liv Kristine guests pretty prominently on it. Otherwise, more manufactured Hot Topic garbage.

A bit like Metalocalypse, really.

[quote]Such a shame that people like you give the rest of us metal heads a bad name.
No; you clueless dipshits are ruining it for the best of us.

So what is the point of this argument? My musical tastes also travel away from metal, it's not the only thing I listen to, and I commend you for disliking Cradle Of Filth... They are a terrible band and it's a shame they're grouped with the rest of metal. As for Dimmu, I've been very disappointed by their more recent releases, same stuff over and over. They need to come up with a more original album. Regardless, I would much rather listen to The Haunted's old stuff.
And as for Metalocalypse, that's the whole point. It's poking fun at the metal industry. Once you get past that, it's the best thing on tv. And the reason it's funny is because it's all true.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]My musical tastes also travel away from metal, it's not the only thing I listen to
Me neither. Not by a long shot. Congrats on rolling out the distancing-yourself-from-the-subject-matter-to-make-yourself-look-clever card, though.

[quote]And as for Metalocalypse, that's the whole point. It's poking fun at the metal industry. Once you get past that, it's the best thing on tv.
No, it's poking fun at its target audience - people all too painfully aware of the genre as an "industry" and apparently oblivious as to its merits as an art form. Like you.
[quote]And the reason it's funny is because it's all true.
I've always considered this line of reasoning an odd justification. Most of the stuff on the news is true, too, but national debt is far from giggle-worthy!

Posted by cool gamer dad

haha, well. Dethklok certainly isn't original. Just catchy death metal. Which isn't an inherently bad thing. Just not my style.

ANYWAY welcome. Stick around!!!

Posted by #061402

This is why we don't get many new members who actually stick around, guys.

Posted by Klarth

What's the opposite of an influx? That's what I do!

So once again, what's your point? Are you having your period or something? (no offense to the ladies)
Your obviously insecure with yourself if you feel the need to try and belittle people's taste in music. I'm sure you have Britney's latest album sitting at the top of your cd pile, but hey, that's your prerogative. Your entitled to your own opinion in taste, and maybe some people wont agree with it, but that is something your entitled to in your own little world. Maybe we can't all be as 'cool' as you, but I'm glad that I'm not as a big of a **** as you are. What more do I need to say? You've just proved yourself that your a complete dick to everyone who reads these forums. Let me be the first to say: Congratulations. Your a dick.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh boy.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting CookieSlayer666: So once again, what's your point? Are you having your period or something? (no offense to the ladies)
Your obviously insecure with yourself if you feel the need to try and belittle people's taste in music. I'm sure you have Britney's latest album sitting at the top of your cd pile, but hey, that's your prerogative. Your entitled to your own opinion in taste, and maybe some people wont agree with it, but that is something your entitled to in your own little world. Maybe we can't all be as 'cool' as you, but I'm glad that I'm not as a big of a **** as you are. What more do I need to say? You've just proved yourself that your a complete dick to everyone who reads these forums. Let me be the first to say: Congratulations. Your a dick.

oh dear.

i'm going to go introduce my forehead to some masonry now

repeatedly, at high speed

Posted by Shade

I don't really care for this new guy.

BUT WELCOME! xDDDDD

I don't really care for you.

Posted by Xero

Quoting #061402: This is why we don't get many new members who actually stick around, guys.

We know, but we don't care.

netman wasn't really trolling him, buddy :/ I thought the same thing he did for a second or two.

Posted by Linkman

Badgering someone on something that's strictly opinion based just to get a rise out of them is trolling. If I'm wrong, well then, it's music, get over it.

It wasn't badgering. It was a comment that turned into an argument. A fairly valid comment depending on how you look at it. Not helped by Cookie's rebuttal which begged a response.

There's a definite difference.

Posted by Iris

Either way, stop being dicks. New members ARE allowed to have different likes and dislikes than the rest of you.

Posted by Shade

Way to miss the point.

Quoted post: Either way, stop being dicks. New members ARE allowed to have different likes and dislikes than the rest of you.

Klarth never said he couldn't have an opinion or enjoy what he wants, he was just pointing out how he thought it was funny that a "serious metal fan" liked dethklok (though I like it too :o)

and I quote: "I'm attacking his logic, not his taste."

thus flying in the face of being a troll and whatever it is that you said

Posted by Iris

And attacking logic is a great way to greet new members, right?

Obviously not. But I'm not exactly sure what you expect out of this crowd. In fact, just attacking logic is fairly tame for us I'd wager.

Posted by Iris

Oh, I expected it. I'm just saying it's bad. :(

Kinda! But if they're not going to stick around for the harshness presented in their intro thread chances are they wouldn't stick around when they saw the rest of the forum... or the rest of the internet for that matter.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Iris: And attacking logic is a great way to greet new members, right?

No, but it's not because a member is new that we have to kiss his/her *** and not argue things out with him/her that we disagree with.

Posted by mis0

There's no requirement to be monumental assholes in their introduction post, either.

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I intend to avoid these so called 'trolls' you talk of. :D
And no, I don't expect people to kiss my *** because I'm new. I wouldn't expect it anywhere. I intend to earn the respect I deserve, rather than expecting it to come my way.
But yeah, great way to welcome someone new.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]I intend to earn the respect I deserve
You're not doing a good job of it.

For starters, how do you propose to go about earning something you think you already deserve?

Er what? Who said I think I already deserve respect? Can you not read English or do you struggle with the language?

Posted by Shade

Eh, you just worded it poorly. I take it you meant it so that whatever respect you get is what you deserve, yes?

Posted by Klarth

Hey I didn't know we had a flame board

[quote]Can you not read English or do you struggle with the language?
Juxtaposing two negatives = redundancy. The "not" is unnecessary; this, and further examples of your own inability...
[quote]What is the point your trying to make?
[quote]the point your missing
[quote]Your just jumping to conclusions
[quote]your the sort of metal person
[quote]Your obviously insecure
[quote]Your entitled to your own opinion
[quote]that is something your entitled to
[quote]your a complete dick
[quote]Your a dick.
...strip you of the right to use that argument.

Fetal alcohol syndrome is a tragedy, kids.

Posted by junior senior

cocks