Any good psp games??

Posted by gamecorner

Im going to buy a psp for sure, but its going to have so many lauch titles but i can only buy one. Do you know any good LAUNCH titles for the psp?

Posted by Bebop

Theres this game called 'Mercury' that looks itneresting andw ell programmed. I'm not sure if it's a luanch titles but the gameplay resembles that or 'Marble Madness' and 'Super monkey Ball'. So if you like that sort of thing i'd check it out.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

untold legends looks cool

Posted by Big Boss

Metal Gear Ac!d, but I don't know if it'll actually be a launch title. If there's one game that might make me like a strategy/card-based game, it's got to be an MGS one.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

death jr. looks pretty awesome.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wipeout looks kinda neat...that's about it, really, the Japanese launch games suck more ass than the DS ones :-/

Posted by evancooleo

You can see alot of pics of games and videos at [url]www.ign.com[/url] and when i last looked at metal gear AC!D,big boss was right, it looks like a card based game but im looking forward to Need For Speed Under Ground Rivals

Posted by Bebop

Quoting evancooleo: You can see alot of pics of games and videos at [url]www.ign.com[/url] and when i last looked at metal gear AC!D,big boss was right, it looks like a card based game but im looking forward to Need For Speed Under Ground Rivals

You've just learnt this now?
Konami also made the Yu-Gi-Oh games so I'm assuming AC!D will play in similar fashion. What are the Yu-Gi-Oh games like?

Posted by evancooleo

I think that the worst psp game might have competition with ds's best game.

Posted by Pit

Quoting evancooleo: I think that the worst psp game might have competition with ds's best game.

God I love ignorant people.

Anyways, it all depends on your taste. For the mainstream gamers I would suggest THUG 2 Remix and any of the EA titles, and of course, Gran Turismo 4.

If you're the person who likes to think, pick up Lumines (not much thinking, but it is a puzzle game), Metal Gear AC!D, and Mercury.

For myself, my tastes are scattered everywhere when it comes to gaming. I've never played a Gran Turismo game but everyone tells me how good they are, so I *may* pick up the title, of course after playing it myself. I no longer rely on reviews to purchase a game, I rely on them to 'try' out the game. I'll be picking up the THUG 2 seeing as how I loved the last entries in the series and haven't picked up this one. Darkstalkers cause Im a big fighting game fan, but so far after street fighter 3: final fight, the series have gone down. This is another game I'd have to look into before buying due to that square button malfunction. Lumines and Mercury, cause I get bored on train rides so I usually keep myself busy with the puzzlers. Wipeout cause I was a fan of the N64 one, but still not as great as F-Zero, which of course, it tries to imitate and improve by adding the weapon systems, but in terms of speed and just insane maps, F-Zero has this game on lock down.

Posted by TendoAddict

I hear that Capcom is realeasing a DarkStalkers game. ( DarkStalkers is basically a goth/monster version of streat fighter but it was still pretty good)

So I can only guess that it will take good use of the Psp's wireless game play. SO if you like fighters then you should check that one out.

Posted by Night Owl

Im really looking foward to the football and basketball games for it

Posted by Nizmo

Some of the ports look fairly pleasant. They still may play with the same style as the original versions, but I'll probably be able to squeeze enough entertainment out of them to keep me going for a while. Gran Turismo 4 & Need For Speed Underground Rivals are just about the only PSP games I'm interested in. Although, if Metal Gear Ac!d turns out to be a cross-seller, I may aswell buy that too.

Posted by Night Owl

Need for speed underground rivals looks pretty cool and from what I have seen has pretty good graphics also.

Posted by Captain Falcon

Quoting evancooleo: I think that the worst psp game might have competition with ds's best game.

Dude, ds will have good games too. Even though i think psp is going to be a lot better, i still like the ds. Plus, the ds will bring great games like animal crossing, metroid hunters, and tons more. It also has great games out rite now like super mario and wario ware touched. But, back on the topic. I think untold legends and dynasty warriors are goin to be pretty cool.

Posted by Night Owl

thats true

Posted by Black_Wolf

As much as I like Nintendo and their products, the DS is a poor system. As much as the Dual Screen is something different, its not something very useful. Take the new Castlevania for the DS. I was reading in Play Magazine about it and one of the features was "the top screen will be used to display stats and the map". Thats the only thing I've heard the other screen being used for in the majority of games for the DS.

The PSP however, will be the best handheld system by far. The graphics are amazing, so much better than the DS. Graphics aren't a big deal to me, but the overall difference in the two systems graphics is overwhelming. Coded Arms for the PSP has great looking screens right now, especially when compared to Super Mario 64 for the DS or whatever the hell its called. Play Magazine also had an article and preview of upcoming PSP games and some look great. Untold legends should be awesome, b/c adventure RPGS rock, especially when on the road. Their is also a revamp of the psone game MediEvil. The Darkstalkers game should rock too.

Overall, the DS will be outclassed by the PSP. I think that most people on this sight are just defending the DS b/c they love Nintendo and hate to see the company make terrible decisions, like the DS. I know that I don't like to see them screw up all the time either, but their lack of attention to the 64, GC and now the mediocrity of the DS, things don't look good.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

You really have to look at it from your gaming perspective, though, Black Wolf. Do you play lots of games on the road, or have a desire to? Or will you just be sitting at home playing the psp anyway? If you're just going to be sitting at home, why buy the same games you've already got on a system that can play them on a nice big TV? The DS offers new experiences through the touch screen and second display. Even the port of N64 classic Super Mario 64 has a good supply of new content. The psp offers mostly straight ports on a battery-based time limit.

That said, I've always been fond of Marble Madness-style puzzle/action games, so I do want to try Mercury. I loved Mojo! on the X-box, which is similar, it seems.

Posted by Shade

Good PSP games? I've always loved the Wipeout games, so that's bound to be fun in my book. And of course, Ridge Racer's is supposed to be superb. There's also this 2D fighter, whose name escapes me.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Prince Shondronai: That said, I've always been fond of Marble Madness-style puzzle/action games, so I do want to try Mercury. I loved Mojo! on the X-box, which is similar, it seems.

I too enjpyed games such as Marble Madness and that one that I can't remember the name of, but have Monkies in Balls. Anyway, Mercury looks interesting for me so maybe if those types of games are your beef you should try a bite of Mercury?

[quote=Black Wolf]As much as I like Nintendo and their products, the DS is a poor system. As much as the Dual Screen is something different, its not something very useful. Take the new Castlevania for the DS. I was reading in Play Magazine about it and one of the features was "the top screen will be used to display stats and the map". Thats the only thing I've heard the other screen being used for in the majority of games for the DS.

The 2nd screen isnt very useful? So I suppoise having the map displayed in Castlevania isnt veyr useful? When I play those games and others similar like Metroid I all ways puase for the map frequently. This will be very useful IMO.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Quoting Bebop: The 2nd screen isnt very useful? So I suppoise having the map displayed in Castlevania isnt veyr useful? When I play those games and others similar like Metroid I all ways puase for the map frequently. This will be very useful IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I used the hell out of the map on Symphony of the Night, and the Metroid Games, but still, I'm just saying, implamenting a whole 'nother screen just for that? I had no problem hitting a button to see a map screen. My only point is that the DS seems to using its only feature as a map screen, and thats about it.

And the PSP has alot more games coming out that aren't ports. I'd say that only a couple are actually ports, like Darkstalkers, MediEvil (which actually has some new modes and is actually expanded upon), the racing games Dub and Ridge Racer I think. I don't know many more, but the PSP has more original games than the DS does.

Posted by Pit

Actually, a lot of these PSP games are straight up ports, with minor tweaks. Tony Hawk Underground 2 Remix, NBA Street, NFL Street, Need for Speed Underground Rivals, MVP Baseball, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, FIFA Soccer, Spider-Man 2... so far, the DS has had only one port, Mario 64 DS. I seriously don't see any other game that has been rehashed for the DS system.

Don't get me wrong, both systems do have their ups and downs, but you saying the DS is a poor system, well, then again, that's you. Some games haven't used the DS's functions, and yeah, a map and stats may seem like poor uses, but the game won't be coming out for months. You don't know what changes will be made to the game... I myself think the map, stats, etc, is a good idea. Leaves you to play the game more rather than pausing every second that you're lost. Also, when youthink about it, the DS is kinda like an ideal RPG system.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Black_Wolf: Don't get me wrong, I used the hell out of the map on Symphony of the Night, and the Metroid Games, but still, I'm just saying, implamenting a whole 'nother screen just for that? I had no problem hitting a button to see a map screen. My only point is that the DS seems to using its only feature as a map screen, and thats about it.

Nintendo R&D1 Engineer 1: A touch screen would be a great input method, it's simple to use and has great potential.

Nintendo R&D1 Engineer 2: You're right...but when you use a stylus on it half your hand covers the screen. It wouldn't work for a lot of games.

Nintendo R&D1 Engineer 1: How about a 2nd non-touch screen to view all the action on? You'd touch the touch screen and look at the secondary screen. You could also put any secondary information on there, or a different perspective.

Try to use a bit of lateral thinking, just because most 3rd parties lack the imagination to use the touch screen for anything but a map it doesn't mean that's why it was put there in the first place. Hell, look at Super Mario 64 DS, it's the primary control feature. There's plenty of games coming up that use the 2nd screen for somethingother than a map, try to open your eyes a little bit more.