Prince of Persia movie

Posted by maian

http://movies.ign.com/articles/893/893812p1.html

starring: JAKE GYLLENHAAL

lol

So I guess this has actually been in production for awhile. I had no idea. :cool: Sounds interesting, to say in the least. A Disney movie, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Sounds a lot like POTC. But, it could be good! We'll see, though. A video game movie has yet to impress me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The game itself was extremely plot-thin, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with this one. Maybe they'll try and tie all three games into one movie?

Posted by Bebop

Or if they have any sense they won't base it on the latest games amirite?

It's not hard to imagine this film being a success. Take Pirates of the Caribbean, replace pirates with Arabs and sea with sand and you've pretty much got this film.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote]Or if they have any sense they won't base it on the latest games amirite?It's called Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. hurrrrr

Posted by maian

They said if there's any sequels, they're not going to base them off of Warrior Within or Two Thrones in any way. Also, they can be pretty creative with this game's plot, since SoT's was pretty basic, although they are sticking to the same general plot.

And yeah, I can see it being successful. Good? That's questionable, but successful? Yes. Heck, there's already some pretty well known actors on board. Jake Gyllenhaal, Alfred Molina (Doc Oc, for those who don't know), and uh, the new Bond girl, whoever that is.

I can really imagine them making this the next Pirates of the Caribbean, although that's not necessarily a good thing, judging the two latter sequels. But Bruckheimer and Disney could go far with a 6th century Persian setting. Old Persian/Middle Eastern culture is pretty cool, and we've barely seen any movies that go into that.

A GOOD VIDEO GAME MOVIE?

[img]http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/michael/blog/images/Nuke2.JPG[/img]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Well, it's a video game movie. So I can't see it being any good.

Posted by Noir

Meh. Jake Gylenhaal? (or however you spell the man's name)
I would personally choose someone a little more...exotic? All I can think of when I hear his name is "I wish I cud kwit yeeeww!"
I might not bother to see this one.
Ha, I say that now.

Posted by Shade

Gyllenhaal's a good enough actor. He could pull it off.

Not like the Prince looked terribly foreign. Just need someone with semi-darkish skin and a goatee.

Posted by Xero

Most game-based movies I've seen so far weren't really good, so I doubt I'll waste 11.95$ to go see this one when it comes out.

Posted by Shade

I might shell out the $5 for it. :cookie:

http://kotaku.com/5035762/first-pics-of-gyllenhaal-as-prince-of-persia

Not sure what to think now.

Posted by Tyler Durden

NEEDS MOAR BEARD AND LESS JAKE..

That's actually more beard than the Prince had.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Well, it still wouldn't hurt for Jake to darken it up a bit. From afar, it all looks like prepubescent assfuzz. And that hair(do), gawdawfullllll...

[IMG]http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/Nov03_freshprince_sandsofrhyme.jpg[/IMG]

Comin' up as a Nigga in tha cash game
Livin' in tha fast lane
I'm for real

Posted by maian

WHAT A HOT HUNK

Posted by Tyler Durden

Something strange about those pics.. JG with long hair kind of reminds me of Nick Cage with long hair, circa ConAir..odd coincidence here, both have also had roles surrounding bunnies.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He looks a little too bulky to be the Prince, but whatever.

Posted by Fate

ROCK MUSIC ALL RIGHT

Posted by Tyler Durden

So this ISN'T 'Donnie Darko II'?

It'd make sense, pitting Donnie against an hour glass universe with a rewind feature now, instead of having to follow through and reset everything by dying..

Posted by susain

This game is extremely good.I like this game..............

Posted by maian

lol k

Posted by WillisGreeny

And I had thought Disney already made Aladdin.

Seriously, WTF!

Two words... Mortal Kombat.

Christ Hollywood, stop ****ing **** up with stupid ****...stupids.
I'm going to bed.

Quoted post: Two words... Mortal Kombat.

Good movie.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Considering that Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a theme park ride that was sh[COLOR="Yellow"]i[/COLOR]t (i should know, i was on it twice.), they had to get extremely creative with the plot, details and characters, which in the end payed off as the movie ended up being great. I can see this movie going the same route and turning out to be good/succesful as well if they make the right choices. Or they could fu[COLOR="Yellow"]c[/COLOR]k it up.[/COLOR]

It should look nice at the very least.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Judging by how ****ty the Potc series got near the end, I'd say the first one was complete luck.

Posted by maian

The second two POTC movies sucked because they turned a fun, simple movie that was POTC1, and tried to turn it into CULT FAVORITE WITH DEEP STORYLINE AND COMPLEX CHARACTERS WITH INTERTWINING RELATIONSHIPS AND POTC LORE AND BACKSTORY TO CREATE AN EPIC SAGA

So basically, they sucked. :cookie:

Posted by addison

rocking music.Jake Gyllenhaal is not the best choice for this movie.I was a bit disappointed

Posted by omegga

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Considering that Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a theme park ride that was sh[COLOR="Yellow"]i[/COLOR]t (i should know, i was on it twice.), they had to get extremely creative with the plot, details and characters, which in the end payed off as the movie ended up being great. I can see this movie going the same route and turning out to be good/succesful as well if they make the right choices. Or they could fu[COLOR="Yellow"]c[/COLOR]k it up.[/COLOR]

*the ride is based on a book*

i'm gonna wait to see a trailer before i make up my mind

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Aioros;884060][COLOR=yellow]Or they could fu[COLOR=yellow]c[/COLOR]k it up.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=yellow]Or, they could just fuck it up.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]PotC was past it's welcome with the sequel, and Johnny Depp should be sodomized upon a lightining rod in a thunderstorm for continuing the role of Captain Jack Sparrow within his other oncoming roles. Talentless assclown..[/COLOR]

Posted by WillisGreeny

Captain Jack Sparrow as the Riddler.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Take that back or I will kill you, with Courtney Love's appendix!

can't blame the guy for taking a ****ton of money

Posted by Tyler Durden

"Taking a shit on money" is right.. or atleast that's how I perceived your statement at first, V'.

Posted by maian

that doesn't make sense

Posted by Tyler Durden

Makes perfect sense, Uwe Boll does it atleast twice daily. And once on set.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Kevin Costner as the Ridler.

Posted by maian

samuel l jackson

as everything

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm sick of these mother ****in video gamez in these motha ****in movies.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Was that a ******* Wahlberg broke through that door?

Posted by addison

it was a flop.
It received negative reviews. It ranked 1.5 of 5 stars.
India Box office said, "Its a big disappointment."

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=addison;901000]it was a flop.
It received negative reviews. It ranked 1.5 of 5 stars.
India Box office said, "Its a big disappointment."

Jesse, will you please tell your love child (w/Iris) to stop posting..
Also, I think it's time we were allowed to even derep banned users. I wanna rape a few reps into the ground!!

Posted by #061402

Jake gyllenhaal for Prince? **** that.