Good for Mr. Itagaki!

Posted by Big Boss

[quote]http://kotaku.com/5028137/secret-tecmo-tapes-reveal-number-of-the-beast-insulting-tecmo-president

On January 22nd of this year, Ninja Gaiden II producer Yoshifuru Okamoto taped a conversation with president Yasuda. Why was the producer of Ninja Gaiden II recording conversations with the president of Tecmo? According to Okamoto's affidavit, Yasuda had continually harassed him, calling him an "idiot", stating he was "no good" and saying that Okamoto "had no class." Okamoto claims that he asked for a meeting with Yasuda so that he could understand why he was so negative towards him. During this meeting, Okamoto secretly recorded their conversation. (Note: Okamoto has since left the company and had been contemplating doing so for some time.)

And during this meeting, current president Yasuda admits that the special bonus incentive had in fact been submitted and approved by the board of directors before he became president and while he was still section director. Yasuda says that the special incentive scheme had been discussed and a ringi (a type of Japanese corporate approval form) had been signed by the board of directors. This is in direct conflict with Yasuda's court claim that this "special incentives" proposal was made single-handedly by the former president and not approved by the Tecmo board. Therefore, it is invalid. The recording helps support Itagaki's claim that this special incentive bonus was approved by Tecmo's former president and the board of directors, and that the current president knows this.

Things are looking good for the Ninja Gaiden creator.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hopefully they'll use the money they win to fill the craters in Itagaki's skin and begin development of Ninja Gaiden 3: Blood on the Titties.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

...However, since a Ringi is a triangular rubber coin approximately 37 miles across its longest edge, no one has ever collected enough Ringis to equal one Pu. Galactic banks refuse to accept Ringis on the grounds that they don't want to be fiddling small change.

God rest your soul, Douglas Adams. And yes, I know it was Ningi.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Has any progress been made on the case of Itagaki Vs. Tecmo? (that needs to be a game by the way). And why hasn't anyone commented on this?:

"In the DoA4 contract Itagaki submitted, it clearly states that he is entitled to 6.66 percent of the earned profits from the project."

I'm rooting for Mr. Itagaki. Not only is he the coolest game developer/rock star ever, he can also grope all the women he wants and get away with it. I once saw an action figure of him online and there were 2 things about it that struck me as cool. First of all, you could not remove his sunglasses, and he came with a champagne bottle as an accessory. I say give him the number of the beast profits he's clearly entitled to.[/COLOR]

Posted by Slade

Quoted post: 6.66 percent

Oh my ***... someone like him should be payed just to live.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It'll probably take a couple of years. Especially since this is Japan, lawsuits like this typically don't happen over there.