Guild Wars 2

Posted by WillisGreeny

Looks like GW 2 is going to be more like a real MMORPG :eek:

[quote= Game Spy Website]One of the major new additions to [URL="http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/"][COLOR=#005500]Guild Wars 2[/COLOR][/URL] is persistent world areas. The original game was entirely instanced which, according to the ArenaNet team, did wonders for their ability to tell a story (there's a major event in the middle of the original game that completely alters the world forever). "What you lose in an entirely instanced game is a lot of social opportunities," Mike O'Brian said. "There's a lot to be said for running into the same people over and over again. If you run with a pick-up group and you never meet them again, it can make a completely instanced game a very lonely experience." While Guild Wars 2 will contain a lot of instanced mission content, it will also sport a lot of shared landscape and will also be divided up into different servers filled with smaller groups of people in the manner of traditional MMOs.

[URL="http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/784302p1.html"]source[/URL]
Summarized new features:
1. Story bubbles will replace traditional linear story events. Basically, alternate routes.
2. The old Lvl cap of 20 will be greatly increased, OR, there wont be a cap at all.
3. Common areas will be persistant, NOT JUST TOWNS!

Posted by icebreather1

sweet. level 20 is to fast to get =\

Posted by #061402

Sweeeeet. Although I haven't even "completed" the first game yet. Should do that...

Posted by WillisGreeny

When you say first game, are you including Factions, NightFall, and Eye of the North?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I haven't played much of the first, either. We should play together!!!

music is epic in GW1, I sure hope Jeremy Soule is doing it again.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I can't imagin why Jeremy wouldn't. I'm sure they're paying him pretty well right now.

If VGC starts playing GuildWars, I want in! I have quite a few role-playing characters, a lot of money, and a guild hall that's upgraded somewhat. I haven't played through any of the campaigns in a while...Not even sure if I know how to run half my builds anymore, but oh well.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Iron Koala: When you say first game, are you including Factions, NightFall, and Eye of the North?

Yup. Exo told me to buy it, I did, loved it, bought all of the expansions, Exo stopped playing.
Fuuuuuuuuck.

Although I did get pretty far in the first campaign. And then I just sort of played half-assedly through the expansions.

Posted by icebreather1

i only have prophecies and nightfall atm :(

Posted by WillisGreeny

Right now is a good time to buy the others. Buy one, get another half off.

I actually played through all the campaigns quite religiously, but only in Nighfall did I actually try to get masters on all the missions. Of all the expansions, I like Nightfall's missions the best, hence why I bothered.

So Numbers, let me know if you get back on sometime. I'm "Willis The Pure".

Same for you, AngelWing.

I forget what my login is, but I wasn't very far at all anyways. Where are they buy one get the other half off?

Posted by #061402

Quoting Iron Koala: Right now is a good time to buy the others. Buy one, get another half off.

I actually played through all the campaigns quite religiously, but only in Nighfall did I actually try to get masters on all the missions. Of all the expansions, I like Nightfall's missions the best, hence why I bothered.

So Numbers, let me know if you get back on sometime. I'm "Willis The Pure".

Same for you, AngelWing.

I kinda did get "back on" a while back, but then I sort of found other games and it kinda fell into oblivion. :( But I'll get back to you whenever I pick it up again!

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Angelwing;909625]I forget what my login is, but I wasn't very far at all anyways. Where are they buy one get the other half off?

Guild Wars online store. You should be able to access it through the login page.

Oh alright, maybe I'll check it out.

Posted by #061402

What classes did you guys play as?

Posted by WillisGreeny

All of them.

My PVE chars:

Mo/Ele 20

Para/War 20

Mes/Nec 14

A/Rit 20

Ele/rit 20

I was a ranger. I'd probably pick something different this time.

Posted by #061402

Wow, you played a lot more than me. But maybe you had friends to play with. Exo pretty much abandoned me because I got farther and farther ahead in the story while he was too occupied with Heather. So it got kind of boring and I only maxed a Warrior/Ranger.

Only picked ranger because of the taming ability. :cool:

Edit: Ninja'd

Haha me too. :cool:

Posted by WillisGreeny

I've switched my monk's sub class to Ranger to try out a pet, but having pets just wasn't very effective for a lot of areas.

Posted by #061402

Well I pretty much soloed all the time, so having that panther (from pre-... whatever it was called) coming with me into areas filled to the brim with... whatever those furry monsters were called... was awesome. :cool:

Posted by #061402

I hate this game. :( I never know which class to pick. Even harder to pick the secondary. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Posted by WillisGreeny

well, what do you want to do? Heal? Tank? Run? Damage?

You can't go wrong with a monk. Everyone wants a monk.

Posted by #061402

I prefer to be one of the damage dealing ones though. I tried a monk, but eh.. Maybe sometime later. I decided to make a Warrior for soloing with, but I'll have a Ranger to play with Exo/you guys. Make for a little diversity.

Now I'm trying to decide on either Elementalist or Mesmer. Mesmers because of Fragility, and Elementalists because they have some pretty neat protection skills.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I might start playing again, might be fun to see my old MM again.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'd go with ele so that you can farm later on if you need the money.

Posted by #061402

I went with a R/Me, although I think I'll be going pure Ranger. I added you, Willis, but it just occurred to me that we probably play on different servers.

Posted by Synth2012

I can't friggin' wait for Guild Wars 2. The first Guild Wars in all its various incarnations consumed my life for a good long time. I want that again!

I typically used an elementalist/monk and did fairly well.

Posted by WillisGreeny

When Guild Wars 2 comes out, we should make a VGC guild.

Posted by #061402

Yeah! And then we'll force Vamp and X and Slade and cats and everyone to get it, too. Then just cruise around and **** people off/wreck havoc/own the place.

Posted by WillisGreeny

if they make a 360 version (which is highly unlikely,) then there's hope.

Posted by #061402

Yeah I guess it was just wishful thinking. :(