Any way to fix microSD card? aka pirate gets pwned

Posted by Slade

Man, I've been having tons of awesome computer issues lately. BTW, I ended up dropping the Nintendo gay-fi usb adapter business, but don't feel like bumping that thread just to say so.

So what happened this time is I downloaded a malicious program and tried to run it on my microSD via my Nintendo DS and R4 combination. As far as I can tell, it bricked my microSD card. When I try to run the thing in my R4, the DS loads for a second and then I get two black screens. And the computer I used to put the program on my card no longer detects the card.

First thing I thought of was to try running a program that detects usb devices and then formatting the card. Problem is, I'm using a mac ibook g4 running osx at the moment, and I can't find any programs that do that and run on OSX.

Does anyone have any good ideas or know if bricked microSD cards can never be recovered?

Posted by Ant

Solutions:

1. Buy a new one. They're cheap you cheap bastard.
2. lol mac
3. I think you're ****ed.

I hope you found this post as useful as I did funny! Not very.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

In Windows you can format any storage device by right clicking and selecting option.

Don't you keep backups anyway?

Posted by Slade

The problem is when I plug the card into this computer that previously recognized it, it doesn't appear on the desktop or anywhere else. As in, the computer thinks I stuck a piece of plastic in the usb slot just for fun.

And I usually only back up my saves if I'm not going to use them for awhile. :( I'll probably be more careful next time. Funnily enough, just a few days ago my slot-2 device corrupted all of my GBA saves. So now I'm back to square one!

I've learned an important lesson today, guys. It's good to be greedy, but not too greedy. also, roms will never be exactly 128.0 mb in size. however, programs that **** your **** up will