ITT ask me anything

Posted by Klarth

This is an open mic press conference

I will endeavour to answer your queries with utmost honesty

Posted by Ant

what's your only regret?

Posted by Klarth

That isn't a valid question. I have many.

Foremost would probably be not running away from school when I was a kid. **** ate my adolescence.

Posted by Lord of Spam

how open are we being? is it cool to ask lifestyle questions, ifyouknowwhatimean

Posted by Klarth

did they teach you to read in the navy or did you just have gratuitous sex in the bilges

anything

Posted by Ant

figured the whole Bonitis thing would be the main thing you regret.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah I picked up on that right after I answered.

It's okay though because I got my eighties on while I still could.

Posted by Shade

Carrying this over.

Why do you hate any and all weeaboos so much?

Posted by Klarth

Because almost all of them are overly vocal about their enthusiasm for some of the worst aspects of what is otherwise quite a cool culture.

Posted by Linko_16

How is babby formed?

Posted by Omni

How's the Jarboe and Broadrick album?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Linko_16: How is babby formed?

They need to do way instain mother who kill thier babbys because these babby cant frigth back.

Quoting Omni: How's the Jarboe and Broadrick album?

Great. I've heard criticisms all over the place but I'm really feeling it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

where is netman

like, the real one

Posted by Klarth

The answer depends on which of us you're talking about.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the netman c2003.

Posted by Klarth

Still bumming it up in Canada. I got him to play MGS and watch Lost. I'm a monument to culture-by-proxy.

Posted by Omni

Quoting netman: Great. I've heard criticisms all over the place but I'm really feeling it.

The song they worked on for Jesu is horrible. It doesn't sound like that, does it?

Posted by Klarth

I don't know. Which song is that?

Posted by Omni

"Storm Comin' On" is the one, and you'd know if you heard it, since Jarboe does vocals. She did this annoying talk-singing thing that sounded terrible. Her usual vocal style is really good.

Oh, and to anyone wondering about why this is relevant, Klarth's user title is the name of one of the songs.

Posted by Slade

I like you. Are you ever coming to the Washington/Oregon area? Home of Wolves in the Throne Room and... national forests.

Posted by junior senior

do your parents still love you or are you still homeless?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: "Storm Comin' On" is the one, and you'd know if you heard it, since Jarboe does vocals. She did this annoying talk-singing thing that sounded terrible. Her usual vocal style is really good.

I don't think anything else they make can be much worse than that.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Slade: I like you. Are you ever coming to the Washington/Oregon area? Home of Wolves in the Throne Room and... national forests.

Oregon is one of the states I've always wanted to visit. Awesome scenery plus Portland seeming like one of the coolest cities in the US... My next Earth-skipping odyssey will probably be under my own steam, so the USA is a must.

Quoting junior senior: do your parents still love you or are you still homeless?

Not sure, don't care. Mum's busy holidaying 24/7 and I'm sorting my own stuff out. Probably going to wind up with a magazine internship or something similar this autumn. Also moving into a studio flat in my brother's town, so the next year should be a fun one. Until that happens I'm still a drifter, albeit at the moment a happy one.

Quoted post: My next Earth-skipping odyssey will probably be under my own steam, so the USA is a must.

Gonna stop by good ol' Toronto? Can't go to the US without going over the border at least once!

Posted by Klarth

Of course. I'll be damned if I ever wind up on a continent that makes it difficult for me to get my booze on.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Slade: I like you. Are you ever coming to the Washington/Oregon area? Home of Wolves in the Throne Room and... national forests.

What he said, except replace "Washington/Oregon" with "San Diego" and the other things with "the chance of experiencing one of the few truly original communities left in the entire county of San Diego, and maybe meet myself and Fredmiral Ferrarithrax while you're at it."

Actually, replace "I like you" with "I love you"

Posted by Klarth

**** yeah. I haven't spent a single second in Cali since around the end of 2003, and I'd love to get down there again. A friend of mine is taking a film course or something similar in LA for a year, and he's offered me his sofa whenever I please, so I figure I'll make a long-ish trip out of all that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Does the magazine internship mean you're not going to college?

Posted by Klarth

Applying this autumn. Want to do English.

A-level results arrive soonish, and I'm not feeling too happy about the two subjects that don't involve me talking out my arse and passing it off as literary criticism. Who knows? Might wind up at a sixth form affair. Sounds like a good outcome to me; it'll mean getting to grips with my lifestyle issues and have a good time regardless.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting netman: Of course. I'll be damned if I ever wind up on a continent that makes it difficult for me to get my booze on.

Just go to an Arab corner store.

Posted by Klarth

The situation couldn't be more polarised over here. Places run by Pakistanis and other minorities are usually far more stringent about IDing people.

Posted by Philsdad

Ah weird, guess it just depends on where you go. The one store in my neighborhood, "Rite Side Mart" was owned by this Lebanese guy who never ID'd for booze or cigarettes. One time a friend of mine went into there to buy smokes and the guy wouldn't let him for some reason so all he had to say was "I know you sell beer and cigarettes to minors all the time here and if you don't sell these to me now, I'll turn you into the police" so the guy sold it to him every time after that.

Posted by junior senior

is moppet still alive?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting junior senior: is moppet still alive?

Yes. Which is bizarre and pleasantly surprising. Poor girl's thin as hell these days, but still spends her time dashing about like a mad thing. She's my brother's office cat now. Hobbies include teasing her with a very powerful laser.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Philsdad: all he had to say was "I know you sell beer and cigarettes to minors all the time here and if you don't sell these to me now, I'll turn you into the police" so the guy sold it to him every time after that.

This tactic also works at any Rite Aid, CVS, Wallgreens, etc

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting netman: did they teach you to read in the navy or did you just have gratuitous sex in the bilges

anything

a lot of people say **** they dont meant :*

so are you the dude or the woman? last picture i recall seeing of you had a rather manly appearance, so it would seem funny to see that as the "catcher" so to speak.

edit: should your travels lead you to south carolina (and dear ***, dont let them) let me know. i will high five you so hard your face will explode.

Posted by Klarth

I have no idea what you just asked. 'Catcher'? What. So confused.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Lord of Spam;866095]so are you the dude or the woman? last picture i recall seeing of you had a rather manly appearance, so it would seem funny to see that as the "catcher" so to speak.This is a different netman.

Gee, I remember the post where netman 1 was talking about how he woke up every morning praying his homosexuality had been reversed. That was a looooong time ago.

Posted by Klarth

That was Altinure.

He even banged some chick for a while hoping it would straighten him out. Poor bastard.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh ****, my bad. I always mix them up because of the AIM smileys.

Posted by S

"Catcher" is the male in the relationship that receives, whereas the "Pitcher" is the one who delivers.

I really didn't want to know that in the first place, but now I get to share my misery with others.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

holy crap, blast from the past.

deserted island. Five things you can take with you scenario. Go.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: holy crap, blast from the past.

deserted island. Five things you can take with you scenario. Go.

Okay, so I'm going to assume this is one of those "no communication with the outside world" islands, and that there's already a good supply of fresh water and food, so:

- Lots of coffee
- A fridge containing enough Jack and coke to last me my stay
- Some good bud seeds (assuming that my hypothetical island situation gives me a hypothetically good climate for hypothetical cultivation of hypothetical dope)
- That Hannah Montana chick
- The collected works of Shakespeare, to act out with her when the sex gets boring

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting netman: - That Hannah Montana chick
- The collected works of Shakespeare, to act out with her when the sex gets boring

Hannah Montana? Act? Now I know this is a fantasy situation.

Posted by Klarth

I couldn't remember the actress' name. Miley Cyrus apparently.

Posted by Ant

you can talk about how much you love G[COLOR="Lime"]o[/COLOR]d with each other!

so when are you leaving again?

Posted by Klarth

I'll bugger off for another few months once my blood pressure skyrockets as a result of posting here again.

Posted by Shade

Quoting netman:

How low are your standards?

Posted by Shade

Quoting netman:

Why are your fantasy standards so low?

Posted by Klarth

Why are you so redundant?

Posted by mis0

Quoting netman: I'll bugger off for another few months once my blood pressure skyrockets as a result of posting here again.

Why does posting at vgc fill you with RAAAAAAAAGE?

Posted by Shade

Quoting netman: Why are you so redundant?

Comp glitch, I'm guessing. Why are you sidestepping the question?

Posted by Stalolin

do you plan to use your talents and abilities to help better our world in some aspect?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting mis0: Why does posting at vgc fill you with RAAAAAAAAGE?

Because most of what amused me about this place is either A) gone, or B) stuff that I haven't so much as tittered at for years. Perhaps it's the bitterness that stirs within me whenever I bear witness to the manchildren running the site these days! Perhaps it's just that I'm an extremely opinionated person. Either way, I have a thing against people who don't take initiative and so consistently show spectacular displays of idiocy despite being sat in front of the most comprehensive bank of knowledge in human history.

Quoting Shade: Comp glitch, I'm guessing. Why are you sidestepping the question?

I don't answer shitty questions. My apologies. Seriously, do you expect me to conjure up a response which explains the circumstances through which my subjective standards were led to be so disparate from your own? Didn't think so. Choke on a cock.

Quoting Stalolin: do you plan to use your talents and abilities to help better our world in some aspect?

If I actually had any talents worth mentioning, I'd still keep them to myself.

Posted by Shade

Quoting netman: did they teach you to read in the navy or did you just have gratuitous sex in the bilges

anything

Oh how things change in a couple days.

Posted by Speedfreak

TF2 tonight?

Posted by Linko_16

I'm your favorite, right?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Shade: Oh how things change in a couple days.

Oh, alright, cocksucker. Seems I missed the part where it was reasonable to ask impossible shit, while, conversely, you missed the "I'll try" clause laid out in the first fucking post. Get a yeast infection.

Quoting Speedfreak: TF2 tonight?

Yes, cap'n. 2115 a good time?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Linko_16: I'm your favorite, right?

Sorry, I don't play favourites. I wouldn't mind being buried next to you, though.

Posted by Linko_16

Good enough for me.

Posted by Ant

do you like taffy?

Posted by Klarth

Is that like toffee? I love toffee.

Posted by Shade

It's not like toffee.

Posted by mis0

Quoting netman: Is that like toffee? I love toffee.

No, it's this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taffy_(candy)
The perfect snack while out on the beach.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Taffy > Toffee

Posted by Shade

So wrong

Posted by junior senior

new jersey taffy is the best

Posted by Ant

netman do you like PANCAKES OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOM?

Posted by Klarth

XD DOOM ^_______^ oh man youre so hilarious wacky and random ant xDDD

Posted by Ant

<----- is random >D

Posted by junior senior

<.<
..... >.>
<.<
SPORK!!! xD

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Is taffy supposed to be Starburst?

Posted by Slade

Starbursts suck.

They make regular candy called Laffy Taffy that's kind of lame besides the banana flavor. But the best kind is saltwater taffy. As far as I can tell it's a west coast thing.

There are hundreds of different flavors for different occasions, and they all look delicious.

Posted by Shade

Not just west coast

And starbursts are an awesome candy

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, but west coast taffy is the best taffy

Posted by Shade

I prefer the strawberry flavoured laffy taffy

Posted by junior senior

taffy originated in atlantic city

Posted by Corrupt

Absolutely seconding saltwater taffy's greatness. You can buy it in the bucketfuls down in Seaport Village for CHEAP, and it's ****ing delicious. They also produce some of the best kettle corn and cotton candy I've ever had, as well. Love that place.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Someone post me saltwater taffy. I'm so curious.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Slade]

[spoiler]jhakshfksd[/spoiler]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

LIKE IN THE MAIL

Posted by Slade

I laughed hard at that.

But yeah, some coast-dweller totally should. Wish I could postlol you some myself, but they don't have it in the desert or in canada. I miss it :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Whoever does it, I'll post something of equal value in return. Just really curious about what it's like, and I have no idea where I could get it.

That's a pretty awesome idea for a store though - somewhere that sells a bunch of exported American foodstuffs, drinks, video games and other **** you guys either get earlier or exclusively.

Posted by Klarth

[url=http://www.americansoda.co.uk/uk/American-Soda/Home/default.aspx]American Soda[/url] is nice. Bought a few crates of root beer from them in my time.

They have Laffy Taffy!

Posted by junior senior

buy it

Posted by Ant

they're advertising mountain dew for ****ing $24 dollars. what a rip.

and wtf they don't have root beer in the uk? madness

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no saltwater taffy and everything is ridiculously overpriced :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

I could probably hook you up next time I go for a mini-mart run.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Ant: they're advertising mountain dew for ****ing $24 dollars. what a rip.

and wtf they don't have root beer in the uk? madness

Of course not. We're incredibly insular. Plus, everyone I've allowed to try it has hated it. Cream soda only just made its way into the southeast a few years ago.

taffy is ****ing disgusting.

Posted by O.T.L

Why did you get banned?

[spoiler]I know you can't respond, but someone else could answer this.[/spoiler]

Posted by Linko_16

What, you missed it?

Posted by O.T.L

Guess so.?

Posted by Linko_16

He intentionally spammed every board as a way of leaving VGC, and it was a gesture that made Iris fed up and started pruning the whole forum, and before anyone really knew what the **** was going on, Jesse put the whole place on lock-down, but he didn't say anything so most of us thought the place was being hacked since no one thought Iris was intentionally deleting stuff, then he re-opened the boards completely empty with the intention of reloading a back-up, but he didn't tell us that so we were dazed and confused... a pretty funny experience in all. I miss Klarth and Iris, though.

Posted by O.T.L

I knew about Iris, didn't know Netman caused that though. :\

Posted by Slade

ALL THIS and you don't even know who you're talking about, jeez.

Posted by O.T.L

I thought Klarth left like a long time ago?

Posted by Slade

Left... stayed... it's all the same. Most people have come and gone and cummed again, especially the ones who come to mind first. But the latest Netman should be remembered as Klarth, and I guess now Netman is sticking with 21 Hoot Salute even though everyone calls him Netman. Internet names, man... it's like a pile of spaghetti.