Hairspray

Posted by Fate

I've seen this movie, literally, like twenty times in the past month and I totally love it. I think it's become my favorite movie. Anybody else watch this?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE... NEGRO DAY

*off*

Posted by Fate

It's a musical set in the 60s about segregation and looking inside yourself, what did you expect?!

Posted by Xero

It's not my type of movie. Pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;865459][COLOR=skyblue]It's a musical set in the 60s about segregation and looking inside yourself, what did you expect?![/COLOR]Oh, no, you misunderstood me. I have no problem with negros or whatever. It's just that song that killed it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

idk, I really liked it. But I've always been super gay for musicals. But this one, man, it had some good numbers. A lot better than I really expected it to be considering I never actually liked the play itself, nor the original movie. So I'm not sure why I liked it this time around.

Posted by Fate

Because this one was really good!

"The Nicest Kids In Town" song is probably the "negro day" reference. It's funny because Cyclops says, "Nice white kids who like to lead the way, and once a month we have our Negro Day!"

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I particularly like the song "black boys are delicious". . . oh wait, wrong musical.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

You talking about the new version or the original? Can't beleive the guy who wrote and directed the original film made a guy eat poop straight out of a dogs butt in another.

Posted by Fate

Newer version is superior.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Indeed. Newer one is far, far better. Surprisingly so.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]This is nothing compared to Grease or Chicago.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

And all of them pale in comparison to The Music Man.
[youtube=LI_Oe-jtgdI]LI_Oe-jtgdI[/youtube]

Posted by maian

Eh, never saw it. I'm a huge fan of musicals, but most of my friends who saw it who are UBAR THEATRE MUSICAL KIDS like me hated it, so I kind of lost my drive to see it. >_>

Posted by Fate

Your friends are faggy teenagers. You should watch it and then form your own opinion! Third highest grossing musical, behind Grease and Chicago. Really, it's good. I'll post a really good song to get you going.

[youtube=s0lHKjkpkYU]s0lHKjkpkYU[/youtube]

Posted by maian

k sounds like sarcasm now

Posted by Fate

I'm not being sarcastic, I really like that song. :/

Posted by Sapphire Rose

... so do I. I'm starting to want to see this. Haven't seen a GOOD musical in a while.

Also, why can't black people still be like this?

Posted by maian

Ok. It just sounded sarcastic. :cool: I actually didn't watch the video because I barely ever take the time to watch vids for some reason, but I might check it out!

Posted by Fate

Quoting Grenade Grasshopper: ... so do I. I'm starting to want to see this. Haven't seen a GOOD musical in a while.

It be GOOD. :)