THE DARK KNIGHT

Posted by maian

Oh

oh gawd

That was fecking amazing. WOW. Heath Ledger was so incredible. The writing? Flawless. The cinematography? Beautiful. I thought I would be impressed, but wow.

Honestly? I thought it was great up until about halfway through. But man, that last half, or at least the last third REALLY took it above the bar.

I don't know how they could ever make a sequel, though. =/

Spoilers: [spoiler]Heath Ledger is dead, so they can't do too much more with the Joker, despite him having a very good chance of getting away from what we saw. Two Face died (although I guess it wouldn't be hard to say he didn't), and Rachel's dead. ;_;[/spoiler]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;865396]Spoilers: Heath Ledger is dead
AWW MAN YOU RUINED THE MOVIE FOR ME

Anyway, Dark Knight doesn't come until next week here, so I'm totally jealous.

Posted by Fate

Spoilers: Two-Face didn't die, dummy. "Harvey Dent" did.

I honestly wonder what they will do now with the third movie. With actually seeing Ledger's performance I'm even more sad it can't be carried over.

Posted by Shade

Spoilers: I dunno, pretty sure they designed that fall to kill him.

My main thought as leaving the theater besides "oh ****ing wow" was how sad I was they couldn't do another movie with the Joker. Heath was AMAZING.

Best scene was definitely Joker's intro, followed very closely by the hospital. Aweeesome.

Posted by Fate

Spoilers: He survives.

Posted by Xero

It's out in theatres today. I'll try to go see it next week ('czuse my job is keeping me quite busy this week-end). Until then, the more I'll hear/read good comments about it, the more excited I'll be about seeing it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I am going to see this movie today.... CAN'T WAIT!

Posted by O.T.L

**** it me too! hopefully :( I was going to watch it last night but it was sold out on all 16 screens.

all you see is
THE DARK ****ING NIGHT- SOLD OUT
THE DARK ****ING NIGHT-SOLD OUT
ect.....

I'm rooting for the Joker to kill batman!

Posted by S

I'll start with a trick. I'm going to make this pencil disappear!

Posted by Shin-Ra

****ing brilliant movie. I anticipated that it was going to be good, but I was really amazed at how well this turned out. I'm going to have to watch it a few times to really catch everything, because it's one of those movies you can really analyze the shit out of, which made me miss a bit of the dialogue. What has really amazed me though is that some people just didn't get a lot of the symbolism and allusions to life, morality and modern society. I mean, when people laugh at the Joker saying (spoiler: )[spoiler] "you complete me", clap when the Joker gets arrested - thinking it's over, and actually say in the theater "oh man, I'd blow up those convicts"... it really, really makes me wonder how in the hell they didn't get what people like Joker and Harvey/Two Face are supposed to represent.[/spoiler]

Anyway, the simple fact that they could make the audience laugh right along with the Joker while truly horrible shit was happening took some really great writing and acting. There were some things I just didn't care for, but it was mostly minor things or maybe stuff I can understand better on another go around. What I did like though, I really liked.

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Shade

[quote]What has really amazed me though is that some people just didn't get a lot of the symbolism and allusions to life, morality and modern society.

Probably because they just wanted to enjoy the movie at face value and not worry about all the deep stuff. Even though they did make some of it pretty obvious; I remember them, on more than one occasion, just outright saying what Dent symbolized.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Two-Face and Joker are two of the most obvious parallels to Batman's own character.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not even bother going to see this movie this weekend. Opening nights are horrendous around here. Tons of screaming kids with cellphone lights flashing every two seconds. I figure I'll go on cheap tuesday around noon.

Posted by Crazy K

I saw it today, wasn't crowded at all, which was good. The movie was ****ing awesome. My favorite part was the hospital bit.

Posted by Red

was overall impressed. movie was really incredible and Heath Ledger was amazing.

my only complaints would be
-NEEDS MOAR LEDGER
-Needs LESS of Batman's over-used CQC
-spoiler: [spoiler]I think Two face deserved more screen time, I wanted to see him survive more than a day, I was actually hoping he'd be the villlain in another movie[/spoiler]

Posted by maian

So Fate, [spoiler]how do you know Two Face lives? Granted, I'd love to see him live, because I can't even imagine how they would pull off a sequel without it.[/spoiler]

Posted by Colonel

1) This movie was awesome.
2) Red is stupid
3) This movie was so awesome I decided to do this to myself for the day:

[center][URL=http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1557rz3.jpg][IMG]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2921/img1557rz3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I figured some people might get a kick outta that.

Posted by Noir

Excellent movie, though not the type that you walk out of the theatre feeling all...excited, I guess you could say. In fact, after the movie was over, all I wanted to do was to crawl in a corner and find solace in something chocolate and fattening. It really affected me. Something about Ledger's performance...wow.
Also the fact that we won't ever get to see him in that awesomeness that is the Joker again. Ever. :(
R.I.P, Heath. And good job.
Excellent job.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Colonel;865749]

[CENTER][URL="http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1557rz3.jpg"][IMG]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2921/img1557rz3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

I figured some people might get a kick outta that.
maybe we would if you hadnt developed your photograph on a postage stamp

Posted by Slade

I feel obligated to post because I saw it today. Went to a 1 pm showing with my brother and some of his airforce buddiez. Lines were terrible, but I got to cut 3/4 of them due to awesome planning. And I got to see it at IMAX. Totally wasn't expecting them to use the full screen, but they did quite a few times.

More than I loved the writing, blah blah blah, I want to go see it again.

Posted by WillisGreeny

When the movie ended, I actually started to cry. Ledger, you jerk. You can't just be that fukken awesome and die. :(

holy ****. Best villain performance I've ever seen.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Iron Koala: When the movie ended, I actually started to cry. Ledger, you jerk. You can't just be that fukken awesome and die. :(

holy ****. Best villain performance I've ever seen.

Saw it just now, when it ended thats all I could think about... :/

....................:(

Posted by Fate

Quoting maian: So Fate, [spoiler]how do you know Two Face lives? Granted, I'd love to see him live, because I can't even imagine how they would pull off a sequel without it.[/spoiler]

They wouldn't introduce his other side so late in the movie if they weren't saving him for the next. His "death" wasn't epic enough to give him justice. Not to mention it's an ongoing thing where the bigger villains of Batman tend to survive.

Posted by Shade

They had a funeral for him for christ's sake

Posted by Fate

They had a press hearing for the "death" of Harvey Dent, not Two Face.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, looking at screens right now. Why the hell did they give Two-Face the tacky two-tone suit? Way to keep with the realism.

Posted by Fate

They say it's a quirk of his split personality. It's also supposed to stress that there are two sides of him, though it's not explicitly said.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;865960][COLOR=skyblue]supposed to stress that there are two sides of him, though it's not explicitly said.[/COLOR]
I think the half-burnt face and coin convey that well enough. Explicitly said? It's pretty obvious, in every incarnation of his character.

Posted by Fate

He's also obsessed with duality.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*slow clap*

Posted by maian

I saw it again yesterday, and just noticed the two tone suit. Except, from what it looked like, the "bad" half was really just pretty dirty with spotty stains and crap, so that was at least believable.

And yeah, Fate, you have a point. I think they could make a really excellent sequel with him in it.

Posted by O.T.L

"I just want my phone call."

[spoiler]Heath is TOO BADASS[/spoiler]

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

excellent movie. [spoiler]I, personally, don't think Two-Face will be coming back. It's kind of hard to have a funeral for him and him not be dead. I mean, it would REALLY be unbelievable (even more unbelievable than Batman falling 12 stories with his girlfriend, landing on a car, and not suffering a scratch) if Commissioner Gordon had the cops show up to the scene, do SOMETHING with Harvey Dent's body, and not mention later that he's actually alive. Sure, the funeral could be a farce, but why would they keep Harvey alive, or fail to mention at some point that he was still alive? [/spoiler]

My props:
The disappearing pencil trick was hilariously awesome.
Heath Ledger was excellent. For some reason, Jack Nicholson is still my favorite Joker, but Ledger did a great job, nonetheless.
Aaron Eckhart did a phenomenal job as Harvey Dent, and I have a feeling his stellar performance will not get the recognition that it deserves.
The cinematography was amazing. The lighting gave it a great, creepy feeling and I found the plot to be twisting and thoroughly enjoyable. I loved it.
Cons: The aforementioned 12 story fall was bull****-stupid. Additionally it bothered me when [spoiler]the Joker caught Batman's . . . gauntlet-blades in the face and we never saw them when he was hanging upside down later. Also the Joker gets the crap beat out of him throughout the movie, but we never see bruising/missing teeth.[/spoiler]
Christian Bale's "Batman voice" grinds my nerves.

Posted by Noir

^^ Yes, it does! I kept wanting him to clear his throat or something....

Posted by Crazy K

I might go see it again, it's just that good of a movie.

Posted by Red

Quoting Colonel: 2) Red is stupid

please elaborate, you ******* :)

Posted by Shade

Seeing it again tonight. WOOOOOO can't wait

Posted by Fate

Quoting The X: Okay, looking at screens right now. Why the hell did they give Two-Face the tacky two-tone suit? Way to keep with the realism.

Quoting Fate: He's also obsessed with duality.

So, yeah. :cool:

Posted by WillisGreeny

[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x74/chicbn872/Movie%20Stills/two-face-tdk.jpg[/IMG]

I find it funny how quickly we all dismissed this photo when it was first released, only to see that it was completely true.

Posted by Red

Quoting The X: Okay, looking at screens right now. Why the hell did they give Two-Face the tacky two-tone suit? Way to keep with the realism.

I was actually kind of wanting to see his half black, half white suit but instead they made half of his white suit just burned and ****ty looking.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;866004]excellent movie. [spoiler][COLOR=gray]I, personally, don't think Two-Face will be coming back. It's kind of hard to have a funeral for him and him not be dead. I mean, it would REALLY be unbelievable (even more unbelievable than Batman falling 12 stories with his girlfriend, landing on a car, and not suffering a scratch) if Commissioner Gordon had the cops show up to the scene, do SOMETHING with Harvey Dent's body, and not mention later that he's actually alive. Sure, the funeral could be a farce, but why would they keep Harvey alive, or fail to mention at some point that he was still alive? [/COLOR][/spoiler]

Yeah..[spoiler] just accept it as "to Gotham City, Harvey Dent IS dead". I mean, it makes perfect sense to fake a funeral for a well known public hero, especially after the man suffered a mentally crippling dilemma- turning him blood thirsty with a duality complex.. Throughout the Batman universe, I've always noticed Two-Face as being majorily 'Face, and not much Dent. Only Batman would often speak to 'Face as if he were still Harvey Dent, the public only knew him as Two-Face.

So, makes sense..[/spoiler]

[quote]The disappearing pencil trick was hilariously awesome.

Christian Bale's "Batman voice" grinds my nerves.
Pencil trick hands down best magic trick ever..

Bale's Batman voice is very awkward, but, as I discussed with my girlfriend..I see it as 'Bruce Wayne' disguising himself even further from the outside public- when under cape and cowl..

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Red: please elaborate, you ******* :)

You stated that the film needed MOAR LEDGER, however I agree that he was amazing in it, and the best actor to ever play a Batman villian, I don't see the need for more since we saw alot of him throughout the whole film. Did you want te movie to be a slide show of Joker photographs? He made an apperance in every scene.

Also, touching upon the issue about Two-Face's suit, I always remembered it being half black and half purple-ish. In fact I have an action figure with it from when I was growing up.

Posted by Red

Quoting Colonel: You stated that the film needed MOAR LEDGER, however I agree that he was amazing in it, and the best actor to ever play a Batman villian, I don't see the need for more since we saw alot of him throughout the whole film. Did you want te movie to be a slide show of Joker photographs? He made an apperance in every scene.

Also, touching upon the issue about Two-Face's suit, I always remembered it being half black and half purple-ish. In fact I have an action figure with it from when I was growing up.

the "MOAR LEDGER" was kind of a joke, I was expressing how much I loved his performance.

and yes you're right about Two-Face, now that I think about it. I kind of wanted to see that weird purple suit.

but then again I also remember having an old McDic's toy of Two-Face in a half black half white car, and his suit being black and white...I think.

Posted by urahara4434

I honestly wonder what they will do now with the third movie. With actually seeing Ledger's performance I'm even more sad it can't be carried over.

at first, his death didn't phase me. but after seeing dark knight, im really sad that he's dead. that movie was freaking amazing. ive seen it once in a regular theatre, and once in imax. It was awesome in imax!

Posted by Tyler Durden

I just recollected on a few scenes..

and noticed a (possible) poke at the older films. Bruce asking Lucius Fox to work on the cowl, because he couldn't turn his head, neck felt stiff. Personally, I see that as a poke at the Keaton era in the Bat-verse. Whenever old Bats (Keaton) would engage in a fight, he'd act and turn his head about, along with his body as though his spine were replaced with a solid shaft of rebar.

As for Ledger's motivation-
[quote]- Though many have been related, a definitive backstory has never been established for the Joker in the comics, and his real name has never been confirmed. He has been portrayed as lying so often about his former life that he himself is confused as to what actually happened. As he says in The Killing Joke: "Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!" In Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth written by Grant Morrison, it is said that the Joker may not be insane, but has some sort of "super-sanity" in which he creates himself each day to cope with the chaotic flow of modern urban life.

- In a New York Times article, Ledger stated that his Joker is a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.”

- Director Christopher Nolan has said that this portrayal will be inspired by the character's first two appearances in the comics, as well as The Killing Joke, an Alan Moore-penned graphic novel that has been called "the definitive Joker story", which notably garnered praise from Tim Burton, director of the first Batman movie. According to Nolan, there will not be an origin story for the character in the movie, because he "just is the Joker". It will rather be, according to the prologue in the film, the "Rise of the Joker".

- Nolan says that the Joker's design was based on Sex Pistols frontman Johnny Rotten.

- Unlike other incarnations, where his appearance is a result of chemical bleaching, the Joker's facial scarring is more in the style of a Glasgow smile and accentuates it through white and red make-up. During the course of the film it worsens, resembling an infection. Unlike the comics, instead of using a poisonous gas to leave his victims he murdered a permanent smile, he uses his knives to carve them on their face and "savor all the little emotions" before their death. Throughout the film, the Joker also seems to take personal offense to being referred to as a "freak."

- Early reviews have indicated that Ledger's performance as the Joker is intensely frightening; some have gone so far as to declare it the definitive film depiction of the character. The buzz around the performance has also called for Ledger (who died of an accidental prescription drug overdose in January 2008) to receive a posthumous Academy Award nomination.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker%27s_appearances_in_other_media"]Resources-[/URL]

Posted by Ant

Finally saw it tonight and I think I liked it as much as I would. Reallly good movie, but I wasn't all "ZOMG BEST MOVIE EVER LOL". I was pleased with the amount of Joker in the movie, as I was worried that there wouldn't be enough. And his performance, like stated by everyone so far, was really a sight to behold. I had my doubts at first, that he wouldn't be "crazy" enough. However, by the end of the film and all the various acts he commits; you get a definitive feeling of "wow this guy sure is fukked up!".

All in all, great movie. A little slow in parts for what kind of movie it is, but stays at a nice, steady, fast pace for most of the piece. 9/10

Posted by misogenie

The scifi movie The Matrix had complex computer visual effects of camera flying through and around actors in slow motion. Those camera tricks instead of being stationary would be great during conversations between holy Knight and demonic Joker. The haunting vampirish music soundtrack can "switch the lights off" mentally, bringing up your feelings of fear, once you wear headphones connected to your player during a sunny day.
[IMG]http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=58320[/IMG]:cool: :eek:

Posted by maian

Well, according to [url=http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0265713/]this[/url], Eckhart has agreed to reprise his role for a new Batman film.

WHOO

Posted by Crazy K

Well that's good news. I've been looking around the web and people have been saying the only sensible villain to be featured in the next one would be The Riddler.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Bane, Catwoman, Hush, and Ventriloquist would probably work well. The Penguin, while kinda ridiculous, could probably be Nolanised too.

Posted by Speedfreak

Totally not gonna see this movie, not feeling it at all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

****ING REHASH, BATMAN NEVER INNOVATES

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Just saw it, Joker rocked, movie cool, 9/10, etc.
[spoiler] Heath was a ****ing GOOOOOODDDDDDD.[/spoiler]
[quote]Bane, Catwoman, Hush, and Ventriloquist would probably work well. The Penguin, while kinda ridiculous, could probably be Nolanised too.
Tack on Deadshot, Deathstroke, Firefly and MAAAAYYYYBE the Mad Hatter (instead of mind control cards, maybe just old fasioned brainwashing or something based on his personality). Would love to see them in a Batman movie.

Posted by Fate

It has to be Riddler or Penguin. Riddler because he's Riddler and Penguin because he's an arms dealer for the mob. It just fits in the whole story.

Posted by maian

Riddler is a pretty realistic one, I think. The way he does his work would really fit in with the Nolan movies.

I heard from a usually reliable cousin of mine that somewhere, Nolan stated that they would like Philip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin, which would be pretty awesome. I've gotta check the source on that one, tohugh.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;867019]
I heard from a usually reliable cousin of mine that somewhere,hahaha what the ****

Posted by maian

He just spews out a bunch of random facts that are true 95% of the time. :cookie:

Regardless, I'm not accepting that as truth. When I'm not feeling lazy I'll actually look into that, but even if it's not true, it's not a bad idea lol

Posted by Klarth

Saw a preview screening today! It was advancetastic. Got a free lenticular poster for my troubles and everything (but what with it being a ****ing preview they didn't show us the Watchmen trailer, grahgfhjgdf).

Great film. Batman was in it! Sad that they didn't leave any sequel hints this time. Sad we won't be seeing Heath Ledger's abso-****ing-lutely beautiful portrayal of the Joker again.

Here's to Man-Bat in the third flick.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;866998]****ING REHASH, BATMAN NEVER INNOVATES

It is like the 70th movie of something I don't give a crap about!

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Speedfreak;867219]It is like the 70th movie of something I don't give a crap about!

I've said something similar about your posts.
hehe, I'm just kidding... :horse:

Posted by O.T.L

I'm gonna watch this movie again later, and the Riddler would be cool. He would remind me of the Joker in a way that he will always be a step ahead of Batman and the police like the Joker, Joker is a ****ing G!

Posted by misogenie

Imax puts you in the invisible seat of the helicopter and you stare pure scenes of Dark Knight taking flight like an acrobatic animal kite. If cinema wants to stay popular then Dark Knight has started the new journey in future 2plus hour movies on Imax. The Joker is humourous and humanless and finds explosions of fire and smoke like a beautiful lovemaking experience. Dark Knight is calm and can take the pain of human death - and the blame of being a criminal.
:cool: :eek:

Posted by Klarth

Like an acrobatic animal kite!

Posted by Bebop

I saw it in IMAX which apparanlty is a longer version of the film. What scenes from the normal release aren't present in the IMAX one?

Awesome film. Although I'm still confused about the ending. Did he die or not? I was talking with my friends about this afterwards and the group was split down the middle about it.

Posted by Fate

He's not dead.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]split down the middle about it.
ohohohoho

Also, yeah, Eckhart [url=http://movies.hollyscoop.com/the-dark-knight/aaron-eckhart-agrees-to-another-batman_824.aspx]could be in Nolan's third Batman[/url] - we'll be seeing more Dent.

Posted by Fate

No casket, no emphasis on the death, Nolan's desire to be more on par with the comics, the coin landing face up at the end, the "live long enough to be the villian" line by Gordon, Dent not being Two-Face until near the end of the movie, etc.-- they all say he didn't die.

I'm fuzzy on the details, but I believe that Two-Face in the comics had a similar falling out.

Posted by maian

I agree with Fate, here. It would make sense that he's dead, sure, but there's too many things that just makes it seem more logical that he's alive. And I'm sure the creators didn't want to pull a Spider Man 3, where we got fecking 15 minutes of Venom and then he died.

Not to mention Eckhart was indeed confirmed to be in the third. :cookie:

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Fate;868110] [COLOR=skyblue]I'm fuzzy on the details, but I believe that Two-Face in the comics had a similar falling out.[/COLOR]

I'm a little fuzzy aswell, but it's easy to become fuzzy on the details when DC comics rewrite their characters so **** much. I do believe there was one version of Harvey where he escaped the hospital through the sewers, returning to the surface weeks later as Two-Face. Another series had him helping the Joker get out of Jail, while another had him doing Batman's job while Bruce took a break from fighting crime. It's cool to see Nolan's take, since it really does incorporate a lot of different Harveys, not just one. However, as for escaping death right after the Two-Face birth? I think that's a new one, but VERY plausable. My money is on him being alive for the 3rd.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Bebop: I saw it in IMAX which apparanlty is a longer version of the film. What scenes from the normal release aren't present in the IMAX one?

From what I can tell, the IMAX scenes were all made into widescreen for the non-IMAX version and nothing was lost. I can't find anything that directly addresses it, but this article seems to say that's how it worked.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/14/how-the-dark-knight-went-imax/

I didn't even know about this, but I'm so glad I saw it at IMAX. The IMAX scenes were just so much clearer and more detailed. Especially the birds-eye-view transition shots. I was totally blown away by those.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: No casket, no emphasis on the death, Nolan's desire to be more on par with the comics, the coin landing face up at the end, the "live long enough to be the villian" line by Gordon, Dent not being Two-Face until near the end of the movie, etc.-- they all say he didn't die.

I'm fuzzy on the details, but I believe that Two-Face in the comics had a similar falling out.

The coin facing up was for Gordons kid.

Also if he did die that would mean Batman broke his one rule. And if he did that he sure didnt seem to mind now, what with kicking up a fuss about it the entire duration of the movie!

Also Exkhart isnt confirmed to be in the third Maian.

Only Bale, Cane and Oldman have been contracted for three movies.

On the one hand I'd like Two Face to be dead so in the third they don't have to use him or another villain who's received screne time. Hush for villain?

Posted by Fate

Hush isn't big enough to be a villain everyone wants to see. It should be Penguin since it fits in all the mythos. Arms dealing, etc. Penguin could get his hands on some nuclear ****. There are other cool villains, most definitely, but it's supposed to be for a broad audience and the most popular works best.

Posted by Klarth

Penguin would work fine what with the whole mob dealings thing.

Quoted post: Bane, Catwoman, Hush, and Ventriloquist would probably work well. The Penguin, while kinda ridiculous, could probably be Nolanised too.

That's ****ing stupid. The only one I don't have a problem with is Bane because I wanna see some backs get broke, but even he's pushing it. Definitely don't want to see Catwoman and Ventriloquist is far too silly in my opinion (even if he's had some fairly serious depictions in the past.) Hush is unimportant, but would be a pretty awesome flashback cameo at the most. As for Penguin and the Riddler, dear *** please no. Those two characters have been ruined for me after so many ****ty depictions.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Jim Carey was a good Riddler! His costume was pretty awful but he suited the role pretty well.

No. A far more dark riddler could work, but I really don't want to see him in another movie.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[youtube=CnHO0LdJ4Ck]CnHO0LdJ4Ck[/youtube]

OH COME ON

also, notice this video has the awful awful TLJ two-face in it

Ugh, no.

"The Batman" Riddler was actually pretty decent now that I think of it, they surprisingly didn't ruin him to bad but I'm just too adverse to the character now.

CLAYFACE CONFIRMED

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Batman, as in the latest animated series? I should really watch that, apparently it got really good around season 5.

idk, it's super hit and miss from what I've seen. Some of the episodes I saw I really quite enjoyed because it had that Batman the Animated Series feel, but others are just laughably bad with terrible art design on the characters. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2181/joker59cl.jpg[/IMG]

sup

I like the character itself though. Same with the voice actor.

Posted by Fate

Bane would be a good choice but he isn't "smart" enough for this trilogy. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

No one told me this movie was a comedy, probably gonna see it now.

Posted by Klarth

A good few of the Joker scenes are laugh-out-loud funny.

I have never found an exploding hospital so hilarious in my life.

Posted by Fate

Or a disappearing pencil trick. :cool:

Posted by Shade

Or a phone call.

Definitely laughed more than I expected. Seeing the Joker in a '50s nurse-outfit was a scene I won't soon forget.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well that's everything funny, don't need to see it now.

No, you certainly don't. Run along now.

Posted by Slade

I had to hold back a giggle when the camera went straight from Batman slipping off the edge to him and Dent lying next to each other on the ground. I don't know if it was the timing or just the way people look silly lying down, but yeah.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fate: Or a disappearing pencil trick. :cool:

Oh man! I loved that trick. Made me laugh.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: but it's supposed to be for a broad audience and the most popular works best.

Ra'a Al Ghul anyone? Everyone know who Scarecrow is right? The broad audience don't care who the bad guy is as long as theres some action. I mean seriously how many audience members outside the fans knew who Venom was?

Penquin is a weak character. There's nothing to him at all. He's just a guy. Plus what would be the point of bringing a mobster villain into the series when the it's moved from thr mafia to supervillains? Hush at least as some ties with Wayne.

Posted by Shade

You kidding me? Everyone knows who Venom is. Just like how everyone knows who the Joker is. Regardless of how much they know about the series.

Posted by Bebop

You'd be suprised how many boyfriends I overheard explaining who "the bad spiderman thing" was to their girlfriends on the way out. Remember I said "how many audience members outside the fans". Seriously you guys need to stop giving the average cinema goer so much credit.

Quoted post: Ra'a Al Ghul anyone? Everyone know who Scarecrow is right? The broad audience don't care who the bad guy is as long as theres some action. I mean seriously how many audience members outside the fans knew who Venom was?

Can't agree with the Venom bit but the rest is right. Ra's al Ghul, though fairly important in the comics, is completely unknown to even casual batman fans from what I've seen. It's not most popular works best, but what character makes the most sense.

Posted by Bebop

Not even Nolan knew who Ra's Al Ghul was until Goyer told him. Just goes to show.

As much as I love Riddler I'd prefer him to be a secondary villain if he were to be in the third. The first film brought screen time to 2 newbies, 2nd brought us the most popular villains so it'd be nice if the third had half and half. Goyer is apparntly interested in Black Mask.

IGN did an article on various villains and how they'd fit within Nolan's universe and Black Mask was one of them. And honestly, it sounded pretty good. So him I could definitely, and would want to, see.

Posted by Bebop

Although he wouldnt do it Mr Freeze could work. Victor Fries works for the cryogenics part of Wayne Industries? Just use your imagination ;-*

As for Penquin Nolan has already said he's too far-fetched a character. So Devito is safe.

Thank goooooooooooood.

Posted by Bebop

Which is something I've never really understood. How can a mob boss with deformities be more fat-fetched than a millionaire playboy that fights crime dressed as a bat, included a guy who dresses as a clown?

Not entirely sure, since his basic biography is pretty "normal" I guess. But who gives a ****, I so don't want to see him in a Nolan film.

Posted by Zaith

So I've never bin a huge batman fan read a few comics, watched the animated series, saw all the movies, still didn't like him. Batman Begins comes out I sort of start to sway, Dark Night comes out and man this is one of the best movies I have ever seen, not only was it action-y but it was ****ing brilliant this movie has made me think so much after seeing it I loved the symbolism.

A few complaints are Dent dying and Heath not being able to do Joker because that was the Joker no one will ever be able to recreate that.

So in short this movie converted me I now like one block of DC characters but I'm still a marvel-ite.

Posted by maian

I never understood the large chunk of people that don't like Batman Begins but loved Dark Knight. :cookie:

Anyway, I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't think it's impossible to replace Heath. Heath did a freaking amazing job, that can't really be denied. Despite him being dead, Heath showed us his portrayal of the Joker. Now that everybody has seen it, it couldn't be TOO hard to recreate. The fact that Joker has heavy makeup obscuring his face makes it a lot easier to choose an actor with a similar bone structure as well.

I've heard they don't want to do anything more with the Joker, but I don't think it's impossible to recreate the job that Heath did.

Posted by O.T.L

yeah, but it just wont feel the same. :(

Posted by Zaith

Heath had it all the movements, the voice, he just felt like the joker, and the reason I liked this one alot more was the intellectual level it had instead of just batman going around beating people up.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Shade;868536]You kidding me? Everyone knows who Venom is. Just like how everyone knows who the Joker is. Regardless of how much they know about the series.

I have only the vaguest idea who Venom is. To me he's pretty much "the bad spiderman thing", as Bebop described.

Posted by S

You suck as a geek Speedy.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm really more of a nerd.

Saw the pencil scene, wasn't anywhere near as funny as it was described to me, the timing was totally off. Oh well, guess it wasn't supposed to be a really funny moment anyway.

Posted by O.T.L

It wasn't really funny, just very ****ing awsome!

Quoted post: A few complaints are Dent dying and Heath not being able to do Joker because that was the Joker no one will ever be able to recreate that.

Dent apparently isn't dead or something.

Quoted post:
I have only the vaguest idea who Venom is. To me he's pretty much "the bad spiderman thing", as Bebop described.

That's really all you need to know. I mean, that's why they put origin stories in a movie.

Posted by Ant

yeah red venom is pretty cool and all but i like orange megaman, i think he's called metroid

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, so I finally saw the movie. Super impressive. It's hard to believe a film weighing in at almost three hours can keep me this interested. My only problem with the film was that the Joker:Batman screentime ratio was waaaay jacked up. I can think of a ton of awesome **** the Joker did, but off the top of my head, all Bats did was the cool skydive and driving the Bat Pod. Disappointing.

The movie really highlighted why nobody gives two ****s about any Batman ongoings or the DCU in general these days. In the Dark Knight, the Joker was a serious threat. Genuinely scary. Two-Face likewise. I haven't read a fresh Batman story of this century that had any of the panic or fear that this movie generated in the viewer. I'd go so far as to say the last time Joker was even close to this intimidating was way back in the Killing Joke. 20 years ago. They really need to take Batman's universe and separate it from the worlds of other DC mainstays to recreate the feeling of this movie.

Super psyched to see the next movie, though. Batman as a true loner once again? Sweet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

actually the part where gordon turns on the lights and batman's like 'POW *****' was pretty awesome of him

Posted by Ant

It was quite the BONK

Quoted post: Okay, so I finally saw the movie. Super impressive. It's hard to believe a film weighing in at almost three hours can keep me this interested. My only problem with the film was that the Joker:Batman screentime ratio was waaaay jacked up. I can think of a ton of awesome **** the Joker did, but off the top of my head, all Bats did was the cool skydive and driving the Bat Pod. Disappointing.

The ratio was pretty balanced if I recall. It's just Heath's performance was so utterly dominating that he consistently outshined Bale, even though he also did a really great job.

Posted by O.T.L

when he dropped the italian from 2 storys was very cool.

I was annoyed at Gordons son at the end of the movie, he gave me this feeling that he would be the robin, so I kinda wanted him to die or for him to keep his mouth shut.

I know Bale wont do another Batman film if there is a robin but still, the kid annoyed me.

Posted by Zaith

Quoting Ant: yeah red venom is pretty cool and all but i like orange megaman, i think he's called metroid

I'm Pretty sure yo mean Carnage right...

Quoted post: I'm Pretty sure yo mean Carnage right...

whoosh

Quoted post: I was annoyed at Gordons son at the end of the movie, he gave me this feeling that he would be the robin, so I kinda wanted him to die or for him to keep his mouth shut.

You're thinking of Barbara Gordon, you know, Gordon's daughter that they showed. Who turns into Batgirl.

Batgirl confirmed.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
Batgirl confirmed.

lol

NA I wasnt thinking of the animated series or comics just the way the boy was talking and defending Batman made me feel like he would try to be robin.

the little boy would say, "but he didnt do anything wrong." idk made me feel like he was gonna grow up and try to help Batman.

Sure he was just saying that Batman is innocent but I'd rather him just stfu.

probably because, iir, batman was a pretty cool dude to him in Batman Begins.

Posted by O.T.L

omg, I'm shutting up now. :(

spoiler:[spoiler]I DIDNT WATCH BATMAN BEGINS! :([/spoiler]

I'm so watching it now though...

it's awesome if only for the scene where scarecrow gets dosed with his own drug.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Dent apparently isn't dead or something.

Really? How did you find out?

someone earlier in this thread mentioned something about an interview that essentially said that.

or something

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: someone earlier in this thread mentioned something about an interview that essentially said that.

or something

yeah its somewhere in this thread that a few people mentioned he isnt dead.

Just saw Batman Begins on youtube, pretty good, a few cheesy parts but I loved it.
Now some stuff makes sense about the Dark Knight for me.

why did they replace the Racheal girl?

scheduling conflicts or something. What a big mistake that was on her part.

Plus, Katie Holmes is ****ing annoying.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I wanted to see her blow up, personally.

Plus, Maggie Gyllenhaal even looks like she fits the role better. Way better actor to boot.

Posted by O.T.L

omg best siggy ever!

Yes Maggy did a great job making this movie more epic.

Gawd i loved the Dark Night, the movie gives me fantasys about bieng Bruce Wayne, this is the same feeling I got from watching Iron Man, and bieng Tony Stark, but the Dark Night was much deeper.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: it's awesome if only for the scene where scarecrow gets dosed with his own drug.

Also true in the Batman mythos, Scarecrow isn't dead and I'm not sure if it's indirectly hinting that his villains don't die by his hand.

Posted by Zaith

Quoting Fate: Also true in the Batman mythos, Scarecrow isn't dead and I'm not sure if it's indirectly hinting that his villains don't die by his hand.

That's his one rule that joker tries to get him to break.

Posted by G-Sides

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080729/121734282000.html

it has begun

Posted by O.T.L

Wow. He looks like that psycho guy that got shot in the leg at the parade.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zaith;869126]That's his one rule that joker tries to get him to break.HOLY **** I HAD NO IDEA

STOP THE PRESSES

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Zaith: That's his one rule that joker tries to get him to break.

Quoting The X: HOLY **** I HAD NO IDEA

STOP THE PRESSES

Just couldnt resist now could we? :)

Posted by Tyler Durden

Even worse off the rumor mill, Vamp..

Depp has been pitched to fill in the role of Riddler.

If that happens, I'll ****ing shoot myself in the face with a potato gun packed with bootleg PotC dvds..**** Johnny Depp.

I think he's a pretty good fit myself :o

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Depp's a chameleon, I mean look at the range of roles he's played. Riddler wouldn't be beyond him.

Posted by Crazy K

I demand a source of this now.

Posted by G-Sides

depp could do it. just combine his willy wonka, his fear&loathing character, and whatever the **** his character was from the secret window 8-)

Posted by maian

I heard that too. I honestly think it could be awesome, but last I heard, it was just a rumor. I've heard so many rumors about the casting of the next movie, and half of them cancel each other out. >_>

Posted by Skitzo Control

The way Ledger portrayed The Joker is so close to exactly how I always imagined him that it kind of scared me throughout the film. The way he changes his story on how he got his scars, the unnecessary and rather awkward way he moved (like moving his hair out of his face in the "party" scene), and other twitchy things about him just kind of spoke to me. It sounds strange, I know, but if I were the actor who got to portray The Joker, I probably would have done it exactly like Ledger, except with a little more maniacal laughing.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Riddler with Jack Sparrow? Are we being serious?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Depp is an excellent actor, can you really say that as soon as you see Depp, you see Sparrow? So, does that mean whenever you see Alfred in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, you see Thomas Fowler (arguably Michael Caine's greatest performance, ever)?

You can't be serious if you don't imagine Depp playing a creepy, mind-bending psychopath.

Posted by Fate

I don't see Sparrow in Depp. :/

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Skitzo Control;870488]Depp is an excellent actor, can you really say that as soon as you see Depp, you see Sparrow? So, does that mean whenever you see Alfred in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, you see Thomas Fowler (arguably Michael Caine's greatest performance, ever)?

You can't be serious if you don't imagine Depp playing a creepy, mind-bending psychopath.

Looks like someone didn't see Sweeney Todd, a great example of Depp being creepy while sounding like Sparrow. Now, I think Depp is an alright actor, and I don't blame him for why Sweeny and Sparrow's voices sounded the same. How many british accents can people perform well without sounding the same? So no, it won't be a problem if he turns out to be the Riddler.

Was just making a crack about Sweeny. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

PS I see Austin Power's dad.

Posted by maian

Ha, yeah, I don't see Sparrow in any of Depp's other role. He's a really diverse actor. Wouldn't be a problem to me.

Quoted post: The way Ledger portrayed The Joker is so close to exactly how I always imagined him that it kind of scared me throughout the film. The way he changes his story on how he got his scars, the unnecessary and rather awkward way he moved (like moving his hair out of his face in the "party" scene), and other twitchy things about him just kind of spoke to me. It sounds strange, I know, but if I were the actor who got to portray The Joker, I probably would have done it exactly like Ledger, except with a little more maniacal laughing.

It's the lip-licking dude. That made the character. Just little oddities like that really added to his character.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The voice was the one thing I loved the most. Even better than Hamill. Though the lip-licking was a really cool touch.

One thing I noticed was that he'd stare to the left every so often. Which is, of course, one of the classic signs of a compulsive liar.

that's where his cue cards were

Posted by Freedreich

New villains.

It's gotta be Riddler, Black Mask, or Hush.

Personally I would love to see Riddler and Hush. I think they would work well, considering in the comic they pretty much team up. Also it would be pretty cool if they figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne, just like they do in the comic. Would make the movie more intense. Also, Nolanized Riddler would be great. The concept is at least more believable than the Joker.

Anyone else would be stupid and unrealistic. Even Nolan himself said no penguin, no catwoman, poison ivy, etc.

Also no Robin, thank gooood.

Quoted post: The concept is at least more believable than the Joker.

I think you got it backwards.

Posted by Freedreich

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I think you got it backwards.

Not at all...

Think about it. The joker is a classic but his antics are not really that believable, all things considered. A criminal mastermind who creates puzzles, traps and riddles is a little more believable, though I guess it all is a matter of opinion. Maybe it's because the past performances were just so ****ty the Riddler as a villain has become tarnished.

Nolan's Joker is more believable, in my opinion.

Posted by Freedreich

Yeah considering he hasn't even made the Riddler yet.

ugh

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

To make an effective Riddler, all you really need to do is portray him as a hyper-intelligent cocky mother****er who can out-detective Batman. I still think the Penguin would be a good choice - I imagine the plot of the next movie will involve crimelords rebuilding their empire in the wake of Dent's death, and they're gonna need to blow up a lot of **** to do that.

Posted by Freedreich

Nolan already admitted he wouldn't do the Penguin. While it could work, I trust that Nolan is making the right move.

Basically all rumors point to the Riddler and/or Black Mask. I think Hush would be a great choice, in addition to the Riddler.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I could see him making a U-turn. With the current selection of villains, he's been backed into a tight spot. Plus, he knows next to nothing about Batman lore and is probably basing Penguin's character on DeVito or some ****. I mean, the guy didn't even know who the **** Ras Al Ghul was.

Posted by Freedreich

Well he better not base it on Devito's character.

Quoted post: Yeah considering he hasn't even made the Riddler yet.

ugh

I can only base it off of existing portrayals of the character. Who knows how Nolan's Riddler will turn out. So as is Joker is far more believable.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;870812]I can only base it off of existing portrayals of the character. Some cuban guy and Jack Nicholson were the only people to portray the Joker before Ledger. And they were both pretty ****ty.

Posted by Freedreich

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can only base it off of existing portrayals of the character. Who knows how Nolan's Riddler will turn out. So as is Joker is far more believable.

I'm talking about the character as a conception who is not based on previous performances, but rather the probability of such a villain existing in today's real world, excluding film.

comics

Quoted post: I'm talking about the character as a conception who is not based on previous performances, but rather the probability of such a villain existing in today's real world, excluding film.

idk, there's more insane psychopaths than riddling murderers.

Posted by Freedreich

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: idk, there's more insane psychopaths than riddling murderers.

Yeah I could make the same argument that there are a lot of criminal masterminds who involve themselves in intricate plans, leaving clues for the law, but not as many people who run around acting like clowns with a deck of cards and a glasgow smile.

not many people where question marks everywhere or all green too.

Posted by Freedreich

And Nolan is smart enough not to let that happen again.

hye, apparently we're talking about real life here. It's not a matter of how they dress up, but the basic character. There's more people out there like Joker's basic character than there are Riddler's.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Freedreich: but not as many people who run around acting like clowns with a deck of cards and a glasgow smile.

You talkin' the Joker in Dark Knight? He didn't act like a clown. And not every criminal is unfortunate enough to be given a glasgow smile. He was a pretty believable IRL super criminal, I'd say.

Posted by Freedreich

Quoting Shade: You talkin' the Joker in Dark Knight? He didn't act like a clown. And not every criminal is unfortunate enough to be given a glasgow smile. He was a pretty believable IRL super criminal, I'd say.

I'm talking about the joker in general, and villains as a concept, not based on comics or previous movies, but how they could possibly be perceived in real life.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Hopefully the Riddler just remains as such as he's always wanted to quest for, the ultimate enigma, and we never have to walk down that road within the Bat-verse..

Personally, I've always felt the Riddler was a weak character for plots and ploys. Always saw him as more of a henchman or sidekick device.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: hye, apparently we're talking about real life here. It's not a matter of how they dress up, but the basic character. There's more people out there like Joker's basic character than there are Riddler's.

After giving it some thought, Riddler would be a good choice if he took place before Joker. Riddler would require some detective work which would be slower-paced as a third movie.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The Riddler would seem (as a film villain) more impressive if Nolan left his entire alter-ego a mystery, such as was done with the Hush character. Make the man himself a puzzle, thee puzzle. Although, leaving him without a visible identity does come off as a copycat gimmick to the affect of the current Joker assembly (Moore's Joker). But, ultimately, the Riddler should remain an incredible riddle- himself..

Color me bothered..gave his role some thought this morning.

Posted by Nyx

I just saw this movie yesterday, and I loved it. I was kinda disappointed about how Joker didn't fall in to the vat of chemicals, but they got that he lies about his past all the time right. I'm glad of that. He told like... two different stories in the movie, and he was probably going to tell Batman a different one. It was a pretty awesome movie.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The second actually seemed to be a spin on the Killing Joke's tale, which was cool.

Posted by O.T.L

If two face and the riddler are both going to be in this we should think of how these characters are going to react to each other and stuff.

Posted by Freedreich

Quoting Tyler Durden: The Riddler would seem (as a film villain) more impressive if Nolan left his entire alter-ego a mystery, such as was done with the Hush character. Make the man himself a puzzle, thee puzzle. Although, leaving him without a visible identity does come off as a copycat gimmick to the affect of the current Joker assembly (Moore's Joker). But, ultimately, the Riddler should remain an incredible riddle- himself..

Color me bothered..gave his role some thought this morning.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Nyx;870983]I was kinda disappointed about how Joker didn't fall in to the vat of chemicals, but they got that he lies about his past all the time right. I'm glad of that. He told like... two different stories in the movie, and he was probably going to tell Batman a different one.

Take a note:
The Dark Knight was only supposed to introduce the Joker, not be presented as an origins picture.

It was tagged more towards the "rise of the Joker".

His whole origin, falling into a vat of chemicals, shooting Bat's parents, yadda yadda.. etc. Well, it's been done to death, Burton belted that plot out back in the late 80's. **** it, this is almost 20 years from then. New Joker is best of show.. Besides, it's hard to follow any DC character's exact storyline to a 't' with side-crap and bull**** such as "Earth Two", "Zero Hour", "52", and "ElseWorlds".. or even that "Infinite/Crisis on Infinite Earths" hubub...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Joker has no origin. They couldn't do one in the movie.

Quoted post: I was kinda disappointed about how Joker didn't fall in to the vat of chemicals,

Thank ***. Always thought that was a pretty lame origin. If only because there would be worse side-affects than ****ed up lips. You know, like death and stuff.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[youtube=w2yv8aT0UFc&hl]w2yv8aT0UFc&hl[/youtube]

My girlfriend found it, and then I thought she was having a seizure when we watched it..

Posted by O.T.L

LOL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wow, the costumes are pretty good. Shame the joke is pretty overdone.

Posted by Ant

I found it pretty funny! YAY

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Ant;871814]I found it pretty funny! YAY

Because it's true..

I mean, what was Bale's motivation for being Batman in this installment? A garbage disposal?!

The Joker reminds me of Adam Goldberg..

wow, I lol'd pretty ****ing hard. Well done.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;872453]wow, I lol'd pretty ****ing hard. Well done.
My girlfriend says yw, Vampy..

Posted by maian

Yeah, your "girlfriend" says "yw", "Vampy".

YEAH.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I always calll him Vampy, or V'.. we's just that close. And he likes it when I put it in his pooper..

tee hee

Posted by WillisGreeny

[IMG]http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4020/gayrunningxx9.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by O.T.L

So I hear that The Dark Night, might have a chance of beating the Titanic in sales and ****.

Titanic = 600 million

The Dark Night = around 400 million

thoughts?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, it's totally going to rake in another 200 million a month after it was released.

Posted by O.T.L

guess I have to watch it some MORE times...

I saw it 3 times, and I didnt sneak in to watch it, yay me!

Quoted post: Yeah, it's totally going to rake in another 200 million a month after it was released.

Titanic racked in large amounts of cash long after its release. Though that was more because it was constantly rereleased... but still.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Loved TDN. I knew I was really in for something good starting with the pencil trick, and Batman flipping the big rig over was one of my favorite special effects of all time. But one of my favorite things about it, aside from the incredible acting jobs by Ledger and Eckhart, were the realism of the whole affair, right down to the Joker and Two-face not using any "supervillain" weapons, but using real-life weapons - guns, bombs, knives and the like. It was part superhero movie, part psychological thriller, part crime drama, and part horror flick. It'll be a tough act to follow.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

What is this garbage floating around online... Cher as cat woman in The Dark Knight returns? They should just give Halle Berry a call if that rumor is true.

Johnny Depp as the riddler? yes please!! I just don't see how the riddler would fit in this "relastic batman universe" But I bet Nolan and Depp would be the two to pull it off.

Philip Seymour Hoffman as the penguin?? see above.

Brad Pitt- Captain America... opps wrong topic!! http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/575.asp

Posted by susain

I have watched the Dark knight Last week the story of the movie is good The partnership proves to be worthy, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed............this movie is my favorite one.

Posted by WillisGreeny

hey this just in susain liked the movie its his favorite.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Tyler Durden: [youtube=w2yv8aT0UFc&hl]w2yv8aT0UFc&hl[/youtube]

funny stuff XD

Posted by O.T.L

Over 500 million. :)

Posted by Aioros

[youtube=axvz1rcmQ8A&fmt=18]axvz1rcmQ8A&fmt=18[/youtube]
[COLOR="Yellow"]I know you all wanted to see it again. Oh yeah, spoilers if you still haven't seen the movie (what the hell is wrong with you anyway?).[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

0:46 = Epic "Hi", everytime I see someone type hi, thats what I think of, because its so EPIC

Posted by WillisGreeny

ENJOY IT WHILE ITS ON!

Posted by Slade

...Soulja Boy ruined it for me.

I don't know, the souljaboy made me laugh pretty hard.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY SOULJA BOY THING TO DO RIGHT GUYS

Posted by O.T.L

What are you guys talking about? Can I have a :link:?

Quoted post: What are you guys talking about?

Watch the video.

Posted by O.T.L

fuuuuck, its no longer available. :/

Posted by gorud

Batman is SOOO much more attractive than the Hoff.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The Hoff is a repeat alcoholic, from which "America's Got Talent" is in no way helping his condition. That, and he almost destroyed the image of Nick Fury had it not been for the simple fact of Nick Fury already sucking major balls.

So, when comparing Batman to some one, or some thing-
Please, try and keep "relative awesomeness" in mind.

Posted by Aioros

Quoted post: "The Dark Knight" is expected to get a limited re-release sometime early next year in time for awards season, which should boost its already impressive numbers.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Looks like Warner Bros really wants The Dark Knight to be ensure some Oscar nominations (as it should) and surpass Titanic as the highest grossing movie of all time, domestically. And it very well could, as it'd only need to make another 80 million. Remember, the reason Titanic got such impressive sales was multiple re-releases.

Then again, George Lucas Lucas is about to release that 3D version of Star Wars in theaters so both Titanic and The Dark Knight might get surpassed soon.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Then again, George Lucas Lucas is about to release that 3D version of Star Wars in theaters so both Titanic and The Dark Knight might get surpassed soon.

haha, no

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

star wars is dead, the prequels killed it

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The X;886018]star wars is dead, the prequels killed it
Some of the comic series and novela tend to be keeping it alive though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, but the original trilogy has been tarnished by all this mary sue ****

Posted by Tyler Durden

Word-

George Lucas is so the Joe Quesada of of films..***, just the mention of that fat spic bastards name gives me chills..

Posted by maian

I absolutely love the prequel movies to death.

But they're terrible movies. Terrible. Atrocious writing, horrible acting, overused special effects, bad pacing, just pretty bad overall for the most part. But I love Star Wars as a whole so much that I bring myself to love them in a cheesy way, because they're so bad but I love what they are LOL

In my opinion, the actual story of the prequels is totally fine, intriguing even. But the execution was sooo badly done.

But that's just my opinion.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Tyler Durden: Word-

George Lucas is so the Joe Quesada of of films..***, just the mention of that fat spic bastards name gives me chills..

What in the blue jesus **** are you talking about? Joe Quesada is great and your constant jabs at technically obscure comic references are not witty, they're retarded. Shut up.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]

Then again, George Lucas Lucas is about to release that 3D version of Star Wars in theaters so both Titanic and The Dark Knight might get surpassed soon.[/COLOR]

If this ****ty childish-looking 3D movie beats The Dark Knight, I'll lose faith in humanity.

Posted by maian

I think he's talking about the original Star Wars trilogy, being released in 3D or whatever. ;o Haven't heard about those in awhile.

Posted by Fate

He was talking about the Star Wars trilogy in 3D, but he threw in a retarded jab at a great Editor in Chief of Marvel, Joe Quesada, as if he was in any way comparable to what George Lucas does to his series. He is not.

Posted by susain

The Dark night is a good Movie....I like this movie........I have watched this movie Online.......I really Enjoyed this movie.........

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;886409][COLOR=skyblue]He was talking about the Star Wars trilogy in 3D, but he threw in a retarded jab at a great Editor in Chief of Marvel, Joe Quesada, as if he was in any way comparable to what George Lucas does to his series. He is not.[/COLOR]

Stop talking indirectly about me by mistake you silly cockwhore.
Joe Quesada is just as guilty for ****ing up an already successfully established series eventline as George Lucas is..

Why would I talk about Star Wars in 3-D? 3-D film adaptations suck balls.
Friday the 13th Part 3-D sucked.
MoonWalker 3-D sucked.
Spy Kids 3-D sucked.
3-D Superman Red/Blue sucked.
3-D in 3-D sucks..
Panic's 3-D breastcup size sucks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

'film adaptation of tyler durden comparable to aids turd'' - new york times, 2008

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The X;886626]'film adaptation of The X comparable to aids turd'' - new york times, 2008

Word?

Yo' pop that **** in the beta player then, B!

Posted by Tyler Durden

I found this during a normal wiki raid, quite interesting-
[quote]Batman: DarKnight

In 1998, Lee Shapiro and Stephen Wise pitched the idea for a fifth Batman movie to Warner Bros. Vice President Tom Lassally. It was to be called Batman: DarKnight (not to be confused with [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_(film)"][COLOR=#810081]The Dark Knight[/COLOR][/URL]) and included the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarecrow_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]Scarecrow[/COLOR][/URL] and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Bat"][COLOR=#0000ff]Man-Bat[/COLOR][/URL] as the new villains, with the studio being most impressed with the characterization of Man-Bat.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-shap-10"][COLOR=#0000ff][11][/COLOR][/URL] Fear was to be the initial theme (much like the main one for [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Begins"][COLOR=#0000ff]Batman Begins[/COLOR][/URL]) and according to Shapiro, with Scarecrow being true to the source material. Within three months, Lee Shapiro and Stephen Wise sent their first draft to Warner Bros. Joel Schumacher was still signed to direct but dropped out only weeks after the first draft was completed.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-shap-10"][COLOR=#0000ff][11][/COLOR][/URL] The story went as:[INDENT]Bruce Wayne is in self-imposed seclusion from life, because he feels he has lost his greatest weapons in the fight against crime: his mystique and his enemies' fear. Dick Grayson attends Gotham University, trying to discover who he is apart from his guardian and unwilling to return as Robin without him. Meanwhile, Dr. Jonathan Crane uses his position as professor of psychology at Gotham University and as resident psychiatrist at [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Asylum"][COLOR=#0000ff]Arkham Asylum[/COLOR][/URL] to conduct his experiments in fear. During a vengeful confrontation with a colleague, Dr. Kirk Langstrom, Crane unknowingly initiates Kirk's transformation into the creature known as Man-Bat. The unsuspecting denizens of Gotham scream for Batman's head, believing the Man-Bat's nightly hunts to be the Dark Knight's bloodthirsty return to action. Bruce dons cape and cowl once more to clear his name and solve the mystery behind these attacks. Eventually, Dick ends up in Arkham Asylum under Crane's unsympathetic watch, and Kirk struggles with his "man vs. monster" syndrome as he longs to both reunite with his wife and get revenge on Crane.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-shap-10"][COLOR=#0000ff][11][/COLOR][/URL][/INDENT]The script for Batman: DarKnight sat at Warner Bros. and languished in [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell"][COLOR=#0000ff]development hell[/COLOR][/URL] up until late 2000. Shapiro stated that DarKnight was in the running the longest as the next Batman movie compared to the other Batman projects in development.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-shap-10"][COLOR=#0000ff][11][/COLOR][/URL]

And then, this-
[quote]Batman: Year One
Main article: [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Year_One#Film_adaptation"][COLOR=#0000ff]Batman: Year One#Film adaptation[/COLOR][/URL]
A film based on the graphic novel of the same name by [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Miller_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]Frank Miller[/COLOR][/URL] was to be directed by [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Aronofsky"][COLOR=#0000ff]Darren Aronofsky[/COLOR][/URL] and written by both Aronofsky and Miller. The project never received the greenlight by [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros."][COLOR=#0000ff]Warner Bros.[/COLOR][/URL] because they found it to be too violent. Ultimately the project was something of a precursor to [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nolan"][COLOR=#0000ff]Christopher Nolan[/COLOR][/URL]'s [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Begins"][COLOR=#0000ff]Batman Begins[/COLOR][/URL].[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-hughes-19"][COLOR=#0000ff][20][/COLOR][/URL]
After the death of his parents young Bruce Wayne remains lost on the street and is taken in by Big Al, owner of an auto repair shop with his son Little Al. We are then introduced to detective [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Gordon_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]James Gordon[/COLOR][/URL] as he struggles with the corruption he finds endemic among Gotham City police officers of all ranks.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-script-20"][COLOR=#0000ff][21][/COLOR][/URL]
Bruce's first act as a vigilante is to confront a dirty cop named Campbell, but Campbell ends up dead and Bruce narrowly escapes being blamed. Realizing that he needs to operate with more methodology, he evolves his costume concept, acquires a variety of makeshift gadgets and weapons, and re-configures a black Lincoln Continental into a makeshift "bat-mobile." As "The Bat-Man," Bruce Wayne wages war on criminals from street level to the highest echelons, working his way up to Police Commissioner Loeb and Mayor Noone, even as the executors of the Wayne estate search for their missing heir. In the end, Bruce accepts his dual destiny as heir to the Wayne fortune and the city's savior, and Gordon comes to accept that, while he may not agree with "the Bat-Man"'s methods, he can't argue with the results.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-script-20"][COLOR=#0000ff][21][/COLOR][/URL]
No casting ever took place, though [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Kilmer"][COLOR=#0000ff]Val Kilmer[/COLOR][/URL] (who had previously played Batman in [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Schumacher"][COLOR=#0000ff]Joel Schumacher[/COLOR][/URL]'s [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Forever"][COLOR=#0000ff]Batman Forever[/COLOR][/URL] from [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_in_film"][COLOR=#0000ff]1995[/COLOR][/URL]),[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-kilmer-21"][COLOR=#0000ff][22][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Affleck"][COLOR=#0000ff]Ben Affleck[/COLOR][/URL],[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-22"][COLOR=#0000ff][23][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keanu_Reeves"][COLOR=#0000ff]Keanu Reeves[/COLOR][/URL],[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-hughes-19"][COLOR=#0000ff][20][/COLOR][/URL] and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bale"][COLOR=#0000ff]Christian Bale[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-bale-23"][COLOR=#0000ff][24][/COLOR][/URL] all expressed interest for the role of Batman. Bale would end up being cast for the lead role in [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nolan"][COLOR=#0000ff]Christopher Nolan[/COLOR][/URL]'s [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Begins"][COLOR=#0000ff]Batman Begins[/COLOR][/URL].

And finaly, the future of Nolan's concept-

Quoted post: Though news on a possible sequel has been limited, according to a Wall Street Journal article from August 22, 2008, a third Batman film is one of the four main focuses of Warner Brothers over the next three years. The article is based on information from Warner Brothers Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-24"][COLOR=#0000ff][25][/COLOR][/URL]
Nolan is not committed to another sequel, explaining that he does not normally line up projects after completing a film. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Oldman"][COLOR=#0000ff]Gary Oldman[/COLOR][/URL] is confident Nolan will return,[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-25"][COLOR=#0000ff][26][/COLOR][/URL] and Bale said he would return if Nolan did.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-26"][COLOR=#0000ff][27][/COLOR][/URL] Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to hunt down Batman.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-27"][COLOR=#0000ff][28][/COLOR][/URL] He has also speculated that the villain of the upcoming film may be the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddler"][COLOR=#0000ff]Riddler[/COLOR][/URL].[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-28"][COLOR=#0000ff][29][/COLOR][/URL] Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, he is not including [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]Robin[/COLOR][/URL] in the franchise because Bale is still portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films". Nolan jokingly listed [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Muniz"][COLOR=#0000ff]Frankie Muniz[/COLOR][/URL] as a potential choice, if the studio forced him to cast.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-29"][COLOR=#0000ff][30][/COLOR][/URL] Bale joked "I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work" if Robin is introduced.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-30"][COLOR=#0000ff][31][/COLOR][/URL]
In addition, Nolan considered the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]Penguin[/COLOR][/URL] difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-31"][COLOR=#0000ff][32][/COLOR][/URL]. This would presumably also rule out [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Freeze"][COLOR=#0000ff]Mr. Freeze[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Croc"][COLOR=#0000ff]Killer Croc[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayface"][COLOR=#0000ff]Clayface[/COLOR][/URL], and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Bat"][COLOR=#0000ff]Man-Bat[/COLOR][/URL]. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Beckinsale"][COLOR=#0000ff]Kate Beckinsale[/COLOR][/URL] has expressed interest in playing [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catwoman"][COLOR=#0000ff]Catwoman[/COLOR][/URL].[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-32"][COLOR=#0000ff][33][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Newmar"][COLOR=#0000ff]Julie Newmar[/COLOR][/URL], who played Catwoman in the Batman series from 1966 to 1967, has suggested [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelina_Jolie"][COLOR=#0000ff]Angelina Jolie[/COLOR][/URL] for the role.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-33"][COLOR=#0000ff][34][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tennant"][COLOR=#0000ff]David Tennant[/COLOR][/URL] wishes to portray [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riddler"][COLOR=#0000ff]The Riddler[/COLOR][/URL].[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-34"][COLOR=#0000ff][35][/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-35"][COLOR=#0000ff][36][/COLOR][/URL] Prior to the release of The Dark Knight in 2008, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_S._Goyer"][COLOR=#0000ff]David S. Goyer[/COLOR][/URL] said in an interview that characters like the Penguin or Catwoman will be unlikely to appear in a future film, which may instead use villains that have not been portrayed on the big screen. However, he did not rule out any characters that have been featured in previous Batman films.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-36"][COLOR=#0000ff][37][/COLOR][/URL] On July 23, 2008, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Eckhart"][COLOR=#0000ff]Aaron Eckhart[/COLOR][/URL] said he would return for a sequel to [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_(film)"][COLOR=#810081]The Dark Knight[/COLOR][/URL] if asked,[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-37"][COLOR=#0000ff][38][/COLOR][/URL] although he later confirmed that he is not signed on for another Batman film and that his character is currently considered dead by Nolan.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-38"][COLOR=#0000ff][39][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Caine"][COLOR=#0000ff]Michael Caine[/COLOR][/URL] commented that a studio executive was interested in casting [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Depp"][COLOR=#0000ff]Johnny Depp[/COLOR][/URL] as the Riddler, and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Seymour_Hoffman"][COLOR=#0000ff]Philip Seymour Hoffman[/COLOR][/URL] as the Penguin.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-39"][COLOR=#0000ff][40][/COLOR][/URL] Hoffman later denied the rumor.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-40"][COLOR=#0000ff][41][/COLOR][/URL]
IGN listed [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]Bane[/COLOR][/URL] and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(comics)"][COLOR=#0000ff]Black Mask[/COLOR][/URL] on its list of the best Batman villains ever.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-41"][COLOR=#0000ff][42][/COLOR][/URL] Both are popular choices among fans, along with Hush and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Strange"][COLOR=#0000ff]Hugo Strange[/COLOR][/URL].[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-42"][COLOR=#0000ff][43][/COLOR][/URL]
It has been recently reported that Christopher Nolan is going to make a Batman 3/Dark Knight 2. Nobody knows why, but he's going to release the movie by [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s_in_film"][COLOR=#0000ff]2011[/COLOR][/URL]. Pre-production may start in late 2008 or early 2009.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#cite_note-43"][COLOR=#0000ff][44][/COLOR][/URL]

Posted by maian

Interesting read overall, but I'm glad none of them happened.

DarKnight would've just totally blew no matter what. Not only was it a continuation of the normal series, it was (originally) set to be directed by Schumacher. That would be terrible. Batman NEEDED a reboot. I think that, even with new writers and directors, trying to continue the current movies would just be a terrible mistake.

And Year One just sounds like a less cool version of Batman Begins. ;o And yes, I know that BB was largely inspired by Year One, but I find the premise of Begins to ultimately be a lot cooler, and more deep.

As far as Batman 3 goes, I still don't know if I can believe anything about it that's not completely confirmed. That being said, I'm going to ignore any information I hear about it until it's from somebody official, and not Wikipedia. HOWEVER, if that article does have any truth, I like where it's going.

Posted by addison

Apparently the movie is very entertaining.
GREAT acting.
GREAT action.
GREAT storyline.
All in all, fantastic movie! GO SEE IT! It's worth the money!

Posted by partick123

Batman New Series,The Dark Knight Is Exellent Actions Movie I saw this movie last sunday it's really Good movie to watch Try it......................!!!!!!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Knight New Series,The Dark Batman Is Actions Excellent Movie I saw this Sunday last movie it's really Good movie to watch it Try......................!!!!!!

"Yes please, take day off."

Posted by Crazy K

lol, I pre-ordered the 2 disc special edition about a week ago. **** yeah!

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's been a while since the last time I got excited for a movie to come out on DVD. Lately I've been guying 80's movies that have been going DVD.

88.8 miles per hour. haha...

Posted by Tyler Durden

Tell me Koa, just how does one "guy" a movie? Did you buy BttF in seperate installments, or the collection?

"Crazy drunk pedestrians!"

1.21 jigawatts of power!

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Tyler Durden;900308]Tell me Koa, just how does one "guy" a movie?

AH *******IT!

Bought the collection edition that just came out. It's just as sweet as ever.

"I am Darthvader, I come from the planet Volcan!"

Posted by Tyler Durden

Just came out? That wouldn't be the one that's in a huge 3-disc white dvd case with some silly blue graphic paper slip cover, would it?

I bought that **** 4 years ago.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I live in Iowa, So meh.

Posted by addison

Like that's believable.Apparently the movie is very entertaining and Ledger gave an Oscar-worthy performance.Get lost.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Iron Koala;900970]I live in Iowa, So meh.
I feel ya', state can't even produce good music. I mean.. bwhahaslipknothaha gtfo.

[quote=addison;900990]Like that's believable.Apparently the movie is very entertaining and Ledger gave an Oscar-worthy performance.Get lost.
Well then, it's good to see that bots have decent taste in cinema. Get lost.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Tyler Durden;901189]I feel ya', state can't even produce good music. I mean.. bwhahaslipknothaha gtfo.

The last great export of Iowa was John Wayne.

Slipknot is just one part of a long list of disapointments for us.
Others would be Ashton Kutcher and Elijah Woods. ****

Posted by devia243

This movie is just awesome

It is much better than the previous parts

The Joker acted very well.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Iron Koala;901354]The last great export of Iowa was John Wayne.

Slipknot is just one part of a long list of disapointments for us.
Others would be Ashton Kutcher and Elijah Woods. ****

Hey, hey.. HEEEEY.. Woods did a great job portraying a creepy, cannibalistic Iowanite (what do they call ppl frm Iowa?) in Sin City.

Posted by WillisGreeny

All Iowans act that way, so it's not acting.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Oh but it is. You just stated that:

Quoted post: "All Iowans act that way"

Posted by WillisGreeny

MY OWN ****ING WORDS

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKIN DER.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Fuuuuuuuckin der indeed!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Tyler Durden: Stop talking indirectly about me by mistake you silly cockwhore.
Joe Quesada is just as guilty for ****ing up an already successfully established series eventline as George Lucas is..

Why would I talk about Star Wars in 3-D? 3-D film adaptations suck balls.
Friday the 13th Part 3-D sucked.
MoonWalker 3-D sucked.
Spy Kids 3-D sucked.
3-D Superman Red/Blue sucked.
3-D in 3-D sucks..
Panic's 3-D breastcup size sucks.

They sucked because they were awful films anyway. It's not hard to imagine how awesome 3D Star Wars would be. Do you even know how 'A New Hope' opens up? The Death Star trench would be epic.

Posted by Tyler Durden

You do have a point.. being the only reason I may watch it, just to see the opening.

Posted by Bebop

Seeing as how anal retentive LucasArts is about every minor detail you can bet if anyone is going to talk a 3D film seriosuly it's these guys. Imagine the lasers zipping past your head and Darths light saber near missing you. Hell if their doing the whole trilogy in the bike race on Endor but be sweet. There are so many scenes that I can think straight off the top of my head that would work great.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Hopefully someone next to me in the theater, gets aced in the face by an X-Wing.

[quote=Iron Koala;901691]MY OWN ****ING WORDS

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKIN DER.
[IMG]http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jskong/orly.gif[/IMG]

What the **** is with this thread and bots?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Heath Ledger meant a lot to everyone, Vamp. EVERYONE, even bots.. apparently.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting worldofpeace: The dark knight is Very Good Movie I really Like The Movie.....
Specially The Role of joker Is really Good.........

I agree.... You wanna be best friends forever?

Posted by WillisGreeny

With actually seeing Ledger's performance wonder what they will do third movie. good Dark Night very

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I'm thinking Clayface will be in the either in the next movie or animated film since they introduced his character in Gotham Knight, but the two i'd LIKE to see are Black Mask or Bane.

Posted by O.T.L

I would like to see Manbat.

Posted by maian

Okay, has anybody else heard this business about the banking dude with a shotgun in the beginning being a potential Riddler? A friend was telling me today that in the end credits, the actor's character name in the credits is a Riddler alias. She also told me about what he says in his last line, something about how criminals today don't believe in anything, is a famous idea of the Riddler's or something. Not to mention Joker's line: "Whatever doesn't kill you just makes you stranger."

On one hand, my friend usually has reliable information, and it all makes sense, but on the other, I'm sure this would've made mass internet buzz long ago. I'm too lazy to check on it. Anyone heard about this?

Riddler has been a guess since the movie came out, namely for a couple reasons you listed. He would be more plausible than manbat or clayface.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Yeah, like, 4 months ago, same with Reese.

[URL]http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080805233518AAljeMN[/URL]

Posted by maian

I always thought the Riddler would make the most sense for the next movie, as he fits in well with the Nolan image, and is a good follow-up from Joker. I never did see any of those hints, though. Of course, I've also never been a Batman nut.

And, someone pointed out how his leg gets shot out, and that Riddler uses a cane. Heh.

It had more than enough joker.

anyways, iirc, the riddler's cane is just for show...

Posted by Tyler Durden

Riddler's cane was always an accessory, it served no real use to him for any physical disability. That whole theory of William Fitchner being the Riddler set-up towards the next Bat film is as absurd as dogdick..

I like a lot of Fitchner's characters, but he's no Riddler. He only portrays good *******s. And **** Johnny Depp, that idea can go **** itself out the window.

Posted by Dexter

What about The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?

Posted by Dexter

Needs more Scarecrow.