anybody have their wisdom teeth extracted?

Posted by junior senior

my gums have been hurting for about 6 months now, and today when i woke up my left tooth broke through to the gum. my dentist wants me to get them out (and i told him to **** off, lol) but my gums bleed very easily, and i really dont want to drink nothing but blood for a week. they're not coming through crooked or anything, and i have enough room in my mouth. has anybody gotten their wisdom teeth extracted? plz tell me how long it bled, recovery, etc...

Posted by Panic!

[COLOR=Indigo]Mine are starting to grow in, too. They're both about halfway through. I am not getting mine removed. They don't cause me that much of a problem. They hurt me for a few days then leave me alone for a few months. Not something I am concerned with, really. It'll get better as they start to come through more.[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Mine grew in completely sideways (creating an awesome gap in my gum) and after about a few years I got them removed. It's relatively painless because your mouth is completely frozen (which is an awesome feeling) and you can be put to sleep if you really want. After that it takes about two to three days to fully heal. Bleeding is minimal, pain is there but not bad and you'll be glad to have them removed.

Though I still have two wisdom teeth. They haven't broken through the gum (again, sideways) and they aren't painful so I said **** it and left them.

Posted by junior senior

are they on top? i can really care less about the ones on top, the right side is completely smooth but the left is going to break soon. there's space there so wuteva~*~*

the ones I have now? Yeah. I got more lower ones removed.

Posted by Ant

I need to get mine removed before they **** up my teeth. and it sucks when they hurt every couple months or so.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I got all 4 pulled 2 years ago, even though they weren't causing problems. There was a possability that my wisdom teeth would've grown in wrong, but the chances were 50/50. Slept through the whole procedure.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I got them all pulled 8 years ago. They knocked me out when they did it, so I didn't remember a thing, but my cheeks looked like squirrel cheeks for quite awhile and I had teabags and gauze pads in my mouth for two weeks, and frozen bags of peas on my cheeks. Not so fun.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I was on nitrous oxide when i had mine out, and they injected the areas they were gonna work on with some anesthetic. aaanyway, it didn't hurt, but I could feel the grinding and scraping against my gums as they tried to pry them out. PRETTY GROSS.

And there was blood. Plenty of it. The first morning afterward I was awoken to MASSIVE blood stains all over my sheets and a huge clumpy, slimy mass of coagulated blood in my mouth that I had to physically pull out.

I was like, triple-dosing myself on the vic and it still hurt like a muh fuh the first day. Then I went to a Magic the Gathering tournament the next morning and sneezed little jiggly pieces of gum and blood all over the table.

Such is life...

Posted by Ant

lol, magic.

Posted by junior senior

k i made my decision: keep them forever as a treasured memory of cats' gay story

Quoted post: Then I went to a Magic the Gathering tournament the next morning and sneezed little jiggly pieces of gum and blood all over the table.

Haha, wow. This is both disgusting and awesome.

Posted by ExoXile

Nope, my wisdom teeth are fine.

Although I'm gonna pull out one of my canines. :(

Posted by Xero

I got all 4 removed in one shot about 15 months ago. Still one of the most disgusting experience I went through so far. Seeing all the blood on the dentist's gloves and picturing all the blood I swallowed...ugh >_<

Posted by specopssv44

they pulled all 4 of mine in bootcamp. horrible experience. The only thing worse than boot camp, is bootcamp and wisdom teeth pulling combined into some sort of diabolical scheme to ruin my life... but they numb you up pretty good and youll be good to go in a month or so.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I had all four of mine removed at once. Couldn't talk or change facial expressions for days. Took over a week to recover. Good times. Have fun!

Posted by Tyler Durden

I had all four of mine yanked when I was going through Naval basic training. They opted me to only have the two upper wisdom teeth pulled, but I figured "kill four birds with one stone". No anesthesia was used during my operation. It was great.. all the drilling and crunching sounds. The crackling of teeth being broken into chunks for easy removal. I recovered much faster than most of my fellow shipmates too, within 2-3 days I was back to eating hard solids again. AND BACON!

Oh, it was awesome JS. I recommend all teenagers get teeth pulled.

[quote=cats;874848]The first morning afterward I was awoken to MASSIVE blood stains all over my sheets and a huge clumpy, slimy mass of coagulated blood in my mouth that I had to physically pull out.
It's even better when that big hunk of blood mass is jet black and tastes like straight iron/bacon/copper ***..

[quote=specopssv44;877085]they pulled all 4 of mine in bootcamp. horrible experience. The only thing worse than boot camp, is bootcamp and wisdom teeth pulling combined into some sort of diabolical scheme to ruin my life... but they numb you up pretty good and youll be good to go in a month or so.
Haha.. yeah, they usually gnab your teeth during the 2nd-3rd week of being in. The Vicodin they gave me for the supposed "pain I would experience" was worthless. So I saved it all up and took all 12 tabs on my last day of bedrest, and was all like "whoa mutha****a, **** yo' sailor hat *****! -woooooooo..".

Posted by Proto Man

I had all four pulled out at once. Had it done on a Friday, was up and about on Saturday (even walked to the library), went to school Monday.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Dumbass.. having teeth pulled has nothing to do with hindering the ability to walk. I was doing push-ups and laps around the barracks just after I had gotten back from getting them pulled. Pain killers weren't doing me a solid, so I exercised to get my mind off it.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Tyler Durden: Dumbass.. having teeth pulled has nothing to do with hindering the ability to walk. I was doing push-ups and laps around the barracks just after I had gotten back from getting them pulled. Pain killers weren't doing me a solid, so I exercised to get my mind off it.

Maybe not, but can hinder the ability to be able to do normal things. A lot of people I know were out and laid up a couple days after having wisdom teeth taken out. Anyways big props to you for being able to recover like that.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Proto Man;889081]big props to you for being able to recover like that.
Ditto.. even if it may be sarcasm.

Posted by Trigger

I have my two bottom wisdom teeth coming through slowly and they look fine, so I'm not making any plans to have them removed and they fortunately don't cause me any problems. I haven't felt anything in the top of my mouth yet and I don't see any symptoms of any wisdom teeth coming through there any time soon. Win/win for me. I hate dentists.