Watchmen trailer

Posted by Stalolin

**** YEAH THERE'S A TRAILER OUT

[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/high.html[/URL]

by the guy who did 300, so let's hope he doesn't **** this up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Dr. Manhattan looks pretty solid, though he had a weird sympathetic look on his face whenever he was on screen. And Rorschach has his ever changing mask and that looks really good. Overall, I'm pretty impressed.

And you bring up 300 like he didn't do a good job with it. He did that comic great justice, and whatever faults there were were likely found in the comic itself too.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The trailer didn't really do a good job of distinguishing Watchmen. If I hadn't read it, and then saw this trailer, I'd probably be like 'jeez, ANOTHER comic book movie? pass'.

Yeah, that's true actually. In fact, it's even worse because the costumes (compared to what people have seen in other movies) are pretty terrible. Should've given a bit of backstory.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

im thinking of reading the graphic novel, is it any good?????

Yes. Easily one of the best.

Posted by Red

I nearly shat my pants with excitement when seeing this trailer.

I'm pretty stoked, and was impressed with Dr. Manhattan's whole transformation scene.

Posted by Freedreich

Overall a nice trailer. Scenes match up with the novel nicely and so far looks good.

Although I really worry about the actors. I hope they don't **** it up and turn it into another ruined superhero film. This book is far too good to waste on a ****ty hollywood fanflic. Also, I hope Snyder has improved his game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I read a pretty big *** preview of the film today. The Silk Spectre's rape, the Comedian murdering a pregnant woman in Vietnam and all the significant mutilations Rorschach carried out are filmed, which is a relief. I can still see this film becoming a ****ty cash-in, though - Tales of the Black Freighter and some of the other in-universe literature is going to be released on its own DVD that will be released at the same time as the movie, and DC Direct are already promoting their Rorschach masks.

Posted by Freedreich

Yeah I read about that too. Snyder apparently is going frame-by-frame with the comic which is good. I think he did a good job with 300. Especially with what he was working with, as Vamp already mentioned.

The only beef I have with the trailer is that Nite Owl's costume is kinda ehhhh.

Also MCR is recording the ending credits song. While this has no impact on the movie itself, it's still annoying.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Freedreich;870801]The only beef I have with the trailer is that Nite Owl's costume is kinda ehhhh.The comics version would have looked ridiculous. This one isn't much better, but there's only so much they can do with the concept of 'Owl guy'. I'm actually interested to see the design for his snow costume, though. That was pretty much just a giant owl costume in the original.

Posted by Freedreich

The snow costume was really cool.

Ozymandias looks nothing like the comic, which is also kind of disappointing.

I realize that they may have looked sort of ridiculous but...I really kind of like Nite Owl's original costume. I just feel the new one could be better and not have the 90's batman and robin design.

At leash Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan are the same.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Speaking of Ozymandias, the preview talked about his actor, who wanted the script to be changed so that Ozy's parents were Nazis, and Ozy himself had Nazi tendencies. ****ing hell. The actor portraying the Comedian also believes the Vietnam scene is important because 'it is the history of his scar, that's important'.

i hope snyder understands the material better than the actors do

Posted by Freedreich

Yeah, honestly. Although I also heard that he is even willing to include the boat story. But yeah the Vietnam scene was in the trailer so we know they threw that in there.

Apparently overall the film is supposed to be fairly long, which is a good sign.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

As I mentioned above, Tales of the Black Freighter is going to be released on a tie-in DVD at the same time as Watchmen.

Posted by Freedreich

Yeah I saw that, definitely watching that. I was merely commenting on Snyder's dedication to keeping the story faithful. Apparently he really wants to leave a good impression on Alan Moore, though that's not likely.

I honestly can't see him messing this up. So far his work has only been as strong as the source material has let it. Of course, that's only two films, but hey, so far so good.

though, I thought the dead remake was better than the original :o

Posted by Freedreich

Only problem is Watchmen is a longer book than 300 and not all of it is going to fit on film unless they do an amazing job and make it really long.

Oh yeah, so it got canceled. No more Watchmen.

Posted by Klarth

What a load of cocks.

They just had to wait for filming to FINISH, didn't they. ****.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Freedreich: Only problem is Watchmen is a longer book than 300 and not all of it is going to fit on film unless they do an amazing job and make it really long.

They're making Tales of the Black Freighter a separate feature.

Quoted post: They just had to wait for filming to FINISH, didn't they. ****.

Apparently Fox contacted WB multiple times before production even began, but WB didn't pay any attention. So now Fox is trying to halt the release of the film. Can't blame Fox, really.

That guy, however, who sold WB the rights? **** him.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BUT GUYS WHAT MASK WILL WE WEAR TO OUR NEXT CHANOLOGY BEE RAID

Posted by susain

A nice trailer.there are some scenes related with one another and so far looks good. I really worry about the actors.!!!!!!!!! it up and turn it into another ruined superhero film.........

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh yeah, so it got canceled. No more Watchmen.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?

oh, the whole fox suit thing. it might get delayed, at most.

it got canceled. Why would Fox release it when they're planning to release their own?

Posted by Lord of Spam

someone hook me up with a link to a credible source bout this **** getting canceled :(

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: it got canceled. Why would Fox release it when they're planning to release their own?

it's not going to get canceled.

Posted by Klarth

it's going to go through an assload of legal hurdles, but it will not be canceled. A film being shelved this late in development is unprecedented. It'd be the media news of the decade if that was the case.

Quoted post: someone hook me up with a link to a credible source bout this **** getting canceled

Google.

And yeah, probably won't be canceled, but that's where I'm putting my money.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(film)[/URL]

Makes perfect sense to cancel a movie that's been limboing in developement hell since the mid-80's..

Hint: Stop cinematizing Alan Moore novels. His books are great, whereas films based/adapted from his novels=fail.

If Watchmen does so happen to grave the silver screen. I'll admit to being first in line, locally, beating my way through all the nerd hordes to see it!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting netman: it's going to go through an assload of legal hurdles, but it will not be canceled. A film being shelved this late in development is unprecedented. It'd be the media news of the decade if that was the case.

A film getting shelved once it's all done and dusted isn't uncommon.

If anything WB will just have to pay or give some rights to Fox. However this turns out Fox is getting a cut of the box office pie.

Posted by Klarth

So apparently they've changed the ending and there's no squid

whaaaaaaat

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=netman;902087]So apparently they've changed the ending and there's no squid

whaaaaaaat

if this is true then i'm not going to go see it

Posted by Klarth

snyder says that it's apparently a "more elegant solution", along the same lines as the squid ending but not as... disjointed

I remember the first time I read watchmen and after like ten issues of standard storytelling there was the huge ****ing squid spread and i was like "whoa"

it could be good

Posted by Bebop

Considering they weren't able to include T'ales of the Black Frieghter' as part of the film than it shouldnt come as a suprise that the squid isn't in it.

No comic+no articles on writer=writer not being in film.

Writer not in film? Than whats the point of getting the artists together to make the squid? There isn't.

There's a few clues of a Dr Manahatten H Bomb dropping which I think would be more appropiate. Well that's my gut feeling anyway.

Pretty glad their isn't a squid in it, or the Black Freighter. Neither makes a whole lot of sense in a movie. What are they going to do, have some black kid narrating the story? And I just don't see the squid business flying for the average audience member.

Posted by Klarth

Black Freighter is being released separately.

As a DVD bonus or it's own straight-to-dvd release? Because that would be a sweet bonus.

oh, here's the other, more recent trailer if anyone didn't see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLA0tg5yI0

Posted by Iris Jr

Myspace whores another exclusive with interview from Snyder and more scenes revealed.

I'd drop the URL, but VGEEE won't let me dump them in my posts..

Posted by Howie

So...which verson of the graphic novel is the latest and greatest?

Posted by maian

So, I just started reading Watchmen. In two pages, I was enthralled. I haven't gotten very far in, but after watching the trailers and junk, I am very excited for this. IGN AU gave it a ten, and it just looks very well done. Whoo.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

typical maian

watch this space, in the next two days he'll have a rorschach avatar and be telling us all about how he's watchmen's biggest fan

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

'yeah. i'm watchmen's biggest fan. the articles? didnt read em. BUT ISNT NIGHT OWL'S DESIGN RAD? ^___^'

Posted by maian

whoa weird i didnt see those posts at all before i changed my theme

man you know me well

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

look at this guy. two ****ing pages in and this is his theme. ****

Posted by maian

i really am watchmen's biggest fan

royshasch is awesome badass

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

your skull is as thick as panic's waistline

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Someone told me the movies 2h 40min. If this is true I'm going to be upset.

Posted by maian

Why? I can't understand why so many people dislike long movies (unless you're implying that it should be longer). I'd so much rather have a good movie that's long, instead of a bad or sub-par movie that's not. I'm only about halfway through Watchmen, but I feel like only a movie that's fairly long would be able to do it justice.

Long movies rule if they're paced well. Like The Dark Knight. Similar length but if felt a hell of a lot shorter because of how nicely paced and exciting it was. It's just that there's so many long movies that really should've ended twenty minutes earlier and didn't.

Plus, this is supposed to be a panel-by-panel telling of Watchmen. Wouldn't really work if it was only an hour and forty minutes.

also, maian is ****ing hilarious. jesus christ

Posted by maian

this is serious

Posted by Red

It's been awhile since I've read the graphic novel so it'll be nice to see the movie and remember the story.

great book, I'm really excited for the movie.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I'm still going to think its a great movie, I'm just going to feel it go by. Seem to have all started when I got up five different times to leave near the end of Return of the King.

Posted by maian

So, I finished Watchmen in less than 24 hours. I can't believe how much it actually sucked me in. I've gone a few days without it, and wanted to read it so much that I just went ahead and bought my own copy.

SPOILERS AHEAD LOL

I'm REALLY excited for the movie. It's gotten a few bad reviews here and there, but for the most part, it's definitely gotten a good concensus. Something more interesting worth noting, however, is the director's cut version that's coming up. For those who don't know, certain parts of the movie had to get cut due to the length of the movie, an example being the death of Hollis Mason. Apparently, Zack Snyder is releasing a theatrical version with the cuts in it, which will extend the movie into the 190 minute range, roughly.

Also, entire Black Freighter/Newsstand/Double Bernies storyline never made it into the movie, and Snyder's making a DVD that contains the Black Freighter story as an animated feature, and is actually throwing in the newsstand sidestory too, with the Bernies. But, on top of all this director's cut business, Snyder plans to release an "Ultimate" version of Watchmen on DVD that contains the Director's Cut version, AND the entire Black Freighter thing mixed into the movie, effectively putting the entire graphic novel into one movie. Sure, the movie would be over three hours and forty minutes, but if it's awesome enough, I'm in.

And oh, source: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/958/958235p1.html

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wow thanks for filling us in on things that were discussed on the thread's first page

die in a fire

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

guys... guys. i read watchmen last night then googled some articles. let me fill y'all in.

Posted by maian

Except, not really. At all. :cookie:

You mentioned on the first page how Black Freighter is being released on a DVD. I was mentioning the fact that Snyder apparently plans to release a super DVD of Watchmen that not only has all the deleted scenes in it, but also the entire Black Freighter/Bernie storyline worked into it as it was in the novel. Like, into the movie. And not seperate.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

maian you dumbass faggot

Posted by maian

sure do love how we can have conversations on vgc these days

Posted by maian

so I'm going to the premiere in an hour

lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

maian you're a ****ing idiot

went to the midnight showing last night with three people who'd read it and one person who hadn't. overall verdict: pretty ownage

good:
- the opening titles. tied together all the pre-crimebusters history pretty nicely and looked really good
- the production values are insanely good. even archimedes somehow manages to look cool. sally jupiter has a freakin silk spectre figure on her table that you only see in frame for maybe 1 second, lots of nice lil details
- ostermann's transformation into dr manhattan. they even used the freakin GTAIV theme. sweet.
- rorschach and the comedian's actors were about as good in their roles as they could be.
- sally jupiter's rape was suitably brutal
- the new ending actually makes sense, gave the story more cohesion and made for a more believable motivation for international peace

bad:
- zac snyder's hardon for slow-mo prevails. silk spectre drops 7ft from archimedes and lands on a roof. in slow mo. jesus christ.
- dr manhattan sounded way too freakin young and his voice had too much emotion in it
- the fight scenes weren't really in the vein of watchmen. dan and laurie fight maybe 30+ muggers in the alley, and rorschach's arrest looks like the freakin burly brawl from matrix reloaded.
- four sex scenes that all go on way too long and add nothing
- all the new 'comedy' scenes fall flat
- they left out the moloch fridge scene, which was pretty badass in the book
- they explain dr manhattan's omnipotence and existence in all planes at once as 'visions of the future'. ozymandias using a field of backwards moving particles (wtf?) to 'block the visions' was dumb as ****
- for some reason they decided to have dan standing naked without the goggles on, which p. much ruins what was significant about the scene
- they keep saying 'THE COMEDIAN IS YOUR DAD, LAURIE', which really shouldnt have to be explicitly stated

while i actually listed more bad points than good it's still a hecka good adaptation. the reviews made out that it was going to be rigid in its loyalty to the source, but i think they took a reasonably interesting angle on the whole thing

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[COLOR=Lime][FONT=Comic Sans MS]maian's review gais!!! ^________________^

WASNT IT SO BADASS WHEN NITE OWL AND THE SILK SPECTRE FOUGHT ALL THOSE BADGUYS IN THE PRISON??? IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL WHEN IT WENT ALL SLOWMO AND U SAW THE GUY'S ARM BREAK AND I REALLY LIKED THE PART WHERE THE COMEDIAN SHOT PEOPLE!! HAHAHA, THAT WILL MAKE FOR A GREAT AVATAR!

... do u think nite owl is supposed to be like batman??
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by maian

:cool:

Just saw it. For what it's worth, I really enjoyed it. A lot. However, I think I'll just follow up X's response with the pros and cons. SPOILERS AHEAD LOL

GOOD:
-For the scenes that were adapted, they truly felt exactly like the comic. It was very stylized, and definitely had a look that reflected that of the graphic novel.
-Like X mentioned, the opening sequence. Very awesome, and actually did a good job of giving a clear image of the evolution of the masked heros from the Minutemen to the Crimebusters, or Watchmen, or whatever you want to call them now.
-I felt like pretty much the entire cast was extremely well casted. Jackie Earle Hayley was amazing as Rorschach, and the Comedian/Silk Spectre did their job well. I also felt like they found the perfect actor to portray Dan Dreiburg.
-Excellent sound/special effects etc
-Paced well. I was surprised at how things such as Dr. Manhattan's giant life story didn't even hurt the pacing of the overall story, and how seamlessly it flowed back into the main flow of things.
-New ending actually worked. I would've loved the giant squid, but finding a decent way to throw it in without greatly extending the movie would've been tough. New ending works out the same way, and is certainly more relevant to the events already happening in the novel.

CONS:
-While the fighting was, idk, "cool" and pretty well done, I didn't feel like it fit at all. For a movie like The Matrix, it was perfect. But in a story depicting every day human beings with no powers being heroes, there was way too much punching people and having them fly 20 feet, etc.
-As X mentioned, the bloody overruse of slow-mo. There's so many times where it's just completely unnecessary, like when Laurie turns her head in the fire. Huh? This also ties in with the fight scenes. The slow-mo, combined with all of the heroes' superhuman punches and kicks, made it way too over-the-top for me.
-Certain sequences left out of the book. I can say that this was an extremely well done adaption, given the source material. That being said, it was probably [mostly] necessary to cut most of the things they did. But entire sidestories that made certain events more meaningful were left out. An example fresh in my mind is the psychiatrist/Rorschach situation. In the comic, it was a drawn out, interesting sequence that really showed Rorschach's state of mind, and the effects on others. In the movie, everything that Rorschach ever said to the psychiatrist was condensed into a scene that was five minutes long. It makes me interested to see how stories like that, and the newsstand as well, will be incorporated into the Director's Cut, when there's not really limitations.
-nixon's nose. lol
-Ozymandias. I didn't have any qualms with the actor, as the portrayal, in the end, worked out for me. But one of the strongest points of the book was that he wasn't really a villain, and in this movie, he was really...villainy. Not buff, sly, angular face, accent, etc. I think he works better in the book as this great guy who you would never really expect to be behind some scheme. at all.
-sex scenes. lol

In the end though, they did what they could. It's pretty hard to find the right words to describe how I feel about it. I feel like it's an amazing film and people should see it, but I also feel disappointed. But, there's no way one could truly fit everything that was in the graphic novel into a movie, while still maintaining its significance. So ultimately, it did what it could, and would probably be fscking awesome to someone who hasn't read it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;933269]Silk Spectre did their job well.both the silk spectre actresses were freakin robots, though moore wrote them as fairly two-dimension characters so it could be argued they were playing to their role
[quote]-Ozymandias. I didn't have any qualms with the actor, as the portrayal, in the end, worked out for me. But one of the strongest points of the book was that he wasn't really a villain, and in this movie, he was really...villainy. Not buff, sly, angular face, accent, etc. I think he works better in the book as this great guy who you would never really expect to be behind some scheme. at all.sadly he got the short end of the character development stick. all they needed really was the shot of him holding the burning map with the comedian in the background talking about nuclear war's inevitability to give him a human edge. unfortunately a lot of veidt's character exposition is handled in the newspaper articles, which would be difficult to fit to the movie

Posted by Slade

So the rape was good but the sex was bad?

perfect

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Understandable why Moore didn't want his name on it.

I'm going to go ahead a call the book and the movie two different things. It was a great movie but I didn't like the stuff they added or changed, like the ending, It was good but the original was far superior.

Posted by maian

I like to think of the movie as a taste of Watchmen. It's good stuff, and pretty much sums up the book, but for those who haven't read it, it's definitely just a taste of like, the uh, best samplings of the book. :cookie:

Either way, seeing it again will decide my final verdict on the film.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Slade;933315]So the rape was good but the sex was bad?

perfectthe rape wasn't dragged out for 5 minutes

[quote=Dr. Rockso;933325]I'm going to go ahead a call the book and the movie two different things. WHOA REALLY???

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, one thing i remember that bothered me about the movie - the fact that they changed it from janey's broken watch to jon's regular watch. made the watchmaker plot point irrelevant and kinda detracted from jon's thoughts about pre-ordained destiny when he's on his mars palace.

Posted by Red

the movie kind of confused me as I haven't ready the book in so long. but overall I thought it was good. a few minor complaints that have already been mentioned, but overall prety sick.

I went with alot of people who hadn't read the book and they were all confused and by the last 10 minutes were all like "please g0d let this end now!"

Posted by maian

I think, at least for me, Watchmen would either be a movie that's super awesome and incredible if I haven't read it, or really confusing and crappy. Not really an in-between. It's really hard to be non-objective when I've read the book though. Makes me want to hear more opinions from people who haven't read it.

And by the way, (spoilers lol) what did you guys think of Night Owl witnessing Rorschach's death? I didn't really like it at first, but then I kind of...did. I'm not sure what to think about him punching Ozy in the face four hundred times afterwards though.

Posted by maian

oh, and I here's the renowned opening sequence that has all them critics talking:

http://watchmencomicmovie.com/030709-watchmen-movie-opening-titles-video.php

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=maian;933394]And by the way, (spoilers lol) what did you guys think of Night Owl witnessing Rorschach's death? I didn't really like it at first, but then I kind of...did. I'm not sure what to think about him punching Ozy in the face four hundred times afterwards though.nite owl seeing rorschach's death gave him a little more closure i guess, but the NOOOOOOO spoiled it

having him beat up ozzy and ozzy just standing there taking it, all holier than thou and **** owned though

Posted by maian

I liked the NOOOOOO.

Most of the time it doesn't work in movies, because it's usuall retarded Darth Vader-esque NOOOO

But the NOOOOO in question actually seemed quite filled with emotion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it looks horribly comical and the drop to knees was cliche as hell

Posted by Red

I thoguht so at first too but the fact that he didn't drag out the word for too long and it wasn't a clear "NOOO" it was more of a grumbled angry noise, made it better imo.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Red;933412]I thoguht so at first too but the fact that he didn't drag out the word for too long and it wasn't a clear "NOOO" it was more of a grumbled angree noise, made it better imo.be quiet

Posted by Red

no u

Posted by maian

Quoting The X: it looks horribly comical and the drop to knees was cliche as hell

you look horribly comical

faggot

But really, I thought it actually worked. Compare his NOOOOO to Darth Vader's. ;|

But then, I also need to see it again for my final opinion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

just because it was better than darth vader's doesnt make it good

Posted by Dr. Rockso

One thing that annoyed me is the altered scene with Rorschach finding the little girl, which they changed only for the shock value, BUT including my favorite line from the book made up for that a little.

Posted by Ant

I liked it.

Posted by maian

I think I like it too. Well, I do. But I'm trying to decide if it's a film I'm going to love. It's funny, during the movie, I kept thinking, "I probably wouldn't be able to see this again." And now, a day later, it's all I want to do, and I'm going mad because I don't even have my copy of the GN because a friend is borrowing it (and not reading it).

Posted by misogenie

Wikipedia is handy when it comes to deciding if the movie is worth watching. If the movie is 2 hours or more, has many fight scenes, nice destruction scenes and horrible violence for inexperienced newcomers who have never seen victims butchered in a car accident then no comic fan should miss it since there is no other comic movie like Transformers 2 coming soon around June. :cool:

Posted by maian

I don't know if anybody else will find the humor in this, but it actually made me lol hard.

movie owned. no cons because I couldn't give a **** about the cons. Pretty much shut my mind down during the movie for that very purpose and just enjoyed it.

Posted by Ant

the sex scene I thought was rather ridiculous.

In the ship? Thought it was all right.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;935023]the sex scene I thought was rather ridiculous.p. sure that was their intention

Posted by simpleviolet

Wow! finally a prophecy movie with Satan's mark awesome... I will go see this movie, Satan will have power but in the end it's suffering. Especially for those who take his mark in their heads or hands. Thy kingdom of *** comes and the believers in Christ like me will reign for 1000 yrs in the new peaceful and joyous earth No More sin

Posted by Iris Jr

Quoting Ant: the sex scene I thought was rather ridiculous.

IMO there wasn't enough sex in the movie as there had been evident in the book..

And, why haven't the two yuppies whom posted before me not been banned?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=simpleviolet;941350]Wow! finally a prophecy movie with Satan's mark awesome... I will go see this movie, Satan will have power but in the end it's suffering. Especially for those who take his mark in their heads or hands. Thy kingdom of *** comes and the believers in Christ like me will reign for 1000 yrs in the new peaceful and joyous earth No More sin

i did not know we had a religious fundamentalist here that's cool post more bro *** bless

Posted by Shin-Ra

I really didn't care for the movie at all. The book on the other hand is something I hold in very high regard. Whether or not it's actually credible in a sense of literary criticisms is a totally different ballgame because it did have a lot of gratutitous material that could have been left out. Still, this book and Alan Moore's other works with Killing Joke and V for Vendetta hold a certain place with me.

My main problem with the movie was that it left out things I saw as important, changed things that I didn't like and was way too straight forward of an adaptation for the most part. I know I'm contradicting myself with that statement, but I think that the issues had more to with the medium that Watchmen (movie) was presented in and its limitations regarding its attempt to cater to a widespread audience which made them leave out things and fill in gaps with stuff I didn't like - all in what I believe was in interest of run time of the film. It's understandable, but Watchmen really just didn't transfer over very well. I'm hoping that there will be a dvd director's cut that'll take care of some of this which does change some movies completely; Donny Darko and Kingdom of Heaven for instance - or so I've heard as I haven't actually seen the director's cuts just heard from people the stark differences and how it brought the story together more.

Posted by D.Thuff

I was like......Hm? Cause 300 was like WOAH The trailer makes it seem like an amazing movie. But I wasnt so impressed with the movie. The storyline was interesting, but when it plays out all the way...its okay. But the movie isnt terrible I guess lol like I said I cant judge Watchmen entirely caues Ive never read the comics; everyone know when a movie is based off a book or comic the movies rarely lives up to its rep.

Rorschach was the most interesting to me.