Reverend Wright vs. Pastor Parsley

Posted by Drewboy64

Wright: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8M-kD0QdRJk

Parsley: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WVVX9aTNKB4

You all probably have heard of Reverend Wright and Pastor Parsley.

Reverend Wright, although a little too radical in my opinion in that video, makes very good points. While I don't think the US is filled with racists, when he talks about how the government gives drugs (legalizes cigarettes but not marijuana, for example), and talks about the three strike law as being a ridiculous injustice, I have to agree. (Three strikes law = commit three of the same crime in a row and you get jail for life). *** **** America seems a little harsh, but then again, our government, although you might not realize, is pretty ****ed up. When he mentions terrorism against Palestinians, it's absolutely true. We support the Israeli government and give them guns. What do they do? Push back Palestinians, call curfews at any hour of the day, shoot at anyone who doesn't obey.

Pastor Parsley... Everything he says I disagree with. "Islam is an anti-Christ religion that intends, through violence, to conquer the world"? Only a fraction of a percent of Muslims are fundamentalists. Besides, there are PLENTY of fundamental Christians (ie. Pastor Parsley) who seem to want to do the same thing. "America was founded in part with the intent of seeing this false religion destroyed"? America was founded by radicals who fought Britain's government with the intent of creating a land of freedom, albeit limited due to the society's stage back then.

Then again, Obama has been with Reverend Wright for 20 years and attended his church faithfully. McCain has only had Pastor Parsley as an endorsement. But, did Reverend Wright always have such somewhat offensive speeches? Or was it just that time? McCain also actively sought Pastor Parsley's endorsement during his Republican primary battle with Huckabee. Parsley has always had speeches that were this offensive, so did McCain not do proper research?

Seriously though, what Wright said is no where NEAR as bad as what Parsley said.

Oh, and I LOVE that they needed a former CIA officer to say that Parsley is "a huge handicap to McCain."

kjhjk

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

thank you for that astounding political article about two men who should have nothing to do with the presidential race.

3 stike law is fine by me. Don't like it? Well I'd give you some advice, stolen from "Liar Liar". STOP BREAKING THE LAW, *******. I have no issue whatsoever with the habitual offender act. It usually pertains to serious felony offenses, and I believe it is a useful deterrent.

The Palestine-Israel situation is entirely above the intelligence level of this man to properly summarize in one tirade without a great amount of research and time spent there. Take opinions about Israel-Palestine with grains of salt, because very few know the whole truth of the matter. I don't take sides because of this. I will venture so far as to say that your summary of Israel's attitude and actions towards Palestine is very infantile and too general and downright trite to be taken seriously. I will also add that Palestine isn't playing nice either.

Racism is all over the place. I thought the South was the worst, but I experienced more racism in PA, NJ, and DE than the South. People are just more open about it in the South. Wisconsin has a bit of a racism problem too, but the problem here is that the metro areas are largely minority, and the metro areas have very high crime rates, commited by, you guessed it, minorities. Same for PA and DE. NJ is just a big ****hole.

The US government is somewhat ****ed up, but not moreso than any other government, I believe.

You shouldn't get too caught up into the campaigning process and "who supports who". It's all just a glorified MTV reality show with people playing favorites and blowing things way out of proportion. Who cares who supports Obama or McCain? Make your own *******ed decision; don't listen to those jerkoffs.