Wii is now No1 in US

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah so I guess it's the worldwide leader now.

[URL]http://kotaku.com/5026475/npd-wii-surpasses-xbox-360-as-new-console-leader-in-us[/URL]

I think Penny Arcade described this situation best:

[quote]This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That didn't take long.

Posted by Speedfreak

THE FIRST ONE TO TEN MILLION UNITS WILL BE THE VICTOR.

IT'S NOT FAIR TO COMPARE THE TWO. NOT FAIR ON THEM, I MEAN.

WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN THE CORE GAMER.

gg, industry.

Quoted post: WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN THE CORE GAMER.

Pikmin 3! WOOO

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what the hell are you hardcore gamers crying about you got animal crossing

Posted by Drewboy64

yay, nintendo is number one and now they don't care about E3 anymore. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;865144]Pikmin 3! WOOO

Wanna bet it'll be pretty much like Pikmin 2 and won't really need the Wii Remote?

Posted by mis0

Not surprising. I used to work in the electronics department at my old job, and lots of people wanted to buy a Wii, which we had trouble keeping on the shelves. Never even sold one PS3 in the few months I was there.

Posted by Speedfreak

At least it's only the second worst next-gen console. Not counting ports that are better on 360, anyway.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Nintendo's done a fine job of bringing games like Metroid Prime 3, Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Zelda Twilight Princess to the Wii in record time. If they want to take a break for awhile and deliver a ton of waggle content, that's okay with me. They've always returned to their core franchises, and they always will. We'll still see at least 2 Zelda games for the Wii, if not 3, before its lifespan is up, and that pleases me. Also:

Deadly Creatures
Sam & Max Volume One
Brothers in Arms Double Time
Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!
FaceBreaker K.O. Party
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Wario Land: Shake it!
de Blob
Samba de Amigo
Dokapon Kingdom
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Castlevania Judgement
Call of Duty: World at War
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Line Rider 2: Unbound
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Tomb Raider Underworld
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Sonic Unleashed
Little King's Story
Drawn to Life
Rygar: The Battle of Argus
Lego Batman
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
MadWorld
The Conduit
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 3: The Sleeping Princess in Karakuri Mansion
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Swords of Legendia
Red Steel 2
Kirby
Pikmin

Posted by Speedfreak

Crystal Bearers does look pretty awesome. There's a lot of indy stuff coming to Wii, moreso than other platforms, should be grateful for that I suppose.

Quoted post: Wanna bet it'll be pretty much like Pikmin 2 and won't really need the Wii Remote?

Undoubtedly. I was never frustrated with the controls of the other Pikmin's, but lord knows Pikmin 3 will be centred around waggle anyways, for better or worse.

Anywho, looking at those game on the list... ugh. Half those those we don't even know anything about and the others look like the type of games most hardcore players wouldn't give a second glance at or are a really dumbed down version of the next-gen games. I mean, spiderman, force unleased, red steel, tombraider, call of duty, brothers in arms... on the wii? No thanks.

Posted by Slade

A handful of games in that list made me cringe because the DS versions were awful. But about an equal amount at least have my interest.... Hard to say without more info.

Posted by Speedfreak

Pretty much a toss-up between risky indy projects and big budget rehashes this gen, with the original HD titles matched by whatever Nintendo does.

Well, there is PC. Scratch that, Valve.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Blizzard too. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are lookin' good.

Posted by Ant

that list you posted prince was just one big "meh" as far as I was concerned. but yay, they're number one now! TAKE THAT MICROSOFT! PUT THOSE FAGGOTS IN THEIR PLACE.

Hello? "Bikini Zombie Slayers." How anyone could say "meh" to that, I don't know.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Most game journalists did.

... when the game was released originally. Five years ago.

Onechanbara? A ridiculously awesome premise doesn't make up for a game that seems to be complete **** otherwise.

Yeah. I know. I just like saying those three words together like that. It's like they never should have been invented seperately.