SpongeBob SquarePants on MTV

Posted by Panic!

[COLOR=Indigo]Anyone have any idea why MTV has picked up SpongeBob? And while we're at it, can we change the name of MTV? It hasn't been Music Television for a very long time.[/COLOR]

Posted by NeXidala

It seems that SpongeBob has began to appeal to most of the kind of people that watch MTV nowadays, so I guess they considered it a good move in picking it up.

And I agree, MTV isn't Music Television anymore.

Because last time I checked, crappy reality shows have nothing really to do with music.

And it's such a shame that VH1 is following in MTV's footsteps.

Everytime I turn to either of those channels it's crappy reality show after crappy reality show.

*Sigh*

Posted by Panic!

[COLOR=Indigo]Yeah, VH1 is going downhill, but they still have some good shows on. I especially like their "I love..." shows, whether is be a decade, toys, etc.[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So I was watching some new episodes, and they're pretty bad. The humour has changed, and the voice actor for spongebob sounds pretty whiny now or something. So, good for MTV I guess?

Posted by NeXidala

Seems like most television shows overall are going downhill.

EDIT:
"I love..." shows....
Honestly they're milking the cow dry with the same people put into those shows over and over again.

It's ridiculous.

Posted by Crazy K

The thing is, MTV's parent company is Viacom, which is also Nickelodeons and VH1's parent company.

Posted by Last Fog

I remember Spongebob was on MTV years ago for a short time, late at night. I guess it's gotten so crappy now they needed to bring it back?

Posted by Crazy K

I remember one time, Liar Liar was on the Sci-Fi channel. Why? I don't know.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Because it's sci-fi. The little boy invented a birthday candle that brainwashes whomever he chooses. Not sure how you missed that.

Posted by Crazy K

lol, completely forgot about that part.

Posted by Last Fog

All I remember from that movie was the claw hand.

Posted by maian

I think Next is a very groundbreaking show that should set the standard for all future shows. Beauty at its finest.

Posted by Fate

Vh1 is superior to MTV because they don't ignore music. They talk about it and the people that make it. They don't have to play music videos all the time to be a channel that focuses on pop culture and the music industry. Making fun of MTV for not being about music anymore is lame and outdated, since everyone knows that for the past ten years or longer MTV hasn't been about just music.

Anyways, SpongeBob is just another show I won't watch on MTV. It's a time-filling show.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Fate: Vh1 is superior to MTV because they don't ignore music. They talk about it and the people that make it. They don't have to play music videos all the time to be a channel that focuses on pop culture and the music industry.

Now that you mention it, that is true.

Very often I see the "Artists you outta' know" thing and things of that nature.
And it seems like that actually helps a lot of the uprising artists out.

Posted by Fate

The "Best of" shows are awesome. It reminds me of songs that I haven't heard of in a long time so I can get them today.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Crazy K: The thing is, MTV's parent company is Viacom, which is also Nickelodeons and VH1's parent company.

you beat me to it

i can only think that, because it is still experiencing such good numbers in its run on nick, that perhaps viacom believes that it will 'bridge the generation gap,' or something of that nature. along those lines, it could be that because its original audience is outgrowing nick, but still watches the show. it was released in 1999 and was targeted at the older generation that was outgrowing rugrats, so you figure - that was almost 10 years ago. those kids are growing up and are moving on to the ****ty environment of MTV.

Posted by mowgli1211

Strange to hear that mtv is going to start..But this might be a new strategy of them as they cant give same shows again and again.They just wanna add a bit of new thing.

Posted by junior senior

OMG ITS SOOOOO STRANGE EVEN THO MTV OWNS NICKELODEON~!!!!!!!!

Posted by G-Sides

i can't believe people still watch television :|

Posted by coromoro

You're not serious are you? There's so many people that watch TV, and I'm sure you're aware of that. I think you're just trying to say, "Psh, I'm cool, and I don't watch television. You guys are losers for watching television. I'm going to add a disappointed face at the end of my post. :|"

Posted by Ant

I have a friend like that. Fun to egg him on about it too! Even though I don't normally watch TV either, I don't make a note of prancing about looking down upon those who do.

Posted by coromoro

Psh, silly TV-haters. It's pretty dumb how he acts surprised, "What? Really? People are still watching TV these days? WOW! I can't believe that!"

Posted by G-Sides

i mean, come on guys, still watching TV? you pathetic sheep. go back to your herd! baaah! baaah!

Posted by G-Sides

[size=11111][b]BAAAH[/B][/SIZE]

Posted by coromoro

The very reason that they're "sheep" means that there's lots of them, and they'll always be watching it. That's why acting surprised at people still watching TV is silly. :o

Posted by G-Sides

my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously 8-) i know millions still enjoy watching television, i haven't receeded that far into the darkness. i have a little brother who does nothing but watch iCarly and Drake & Josh all day and get to listen to the people around me discuss america's next top model for an hour and a half a day. it's all good ^_^ if TV is your thing then let 'er rip, me?, i've transcended to the next level (addicted to the internet).

Posted by coromoro

I knew you weren't serious, but I kinda became irritated by your post for some reason. Sorry. The internet is superior though. :cool2: I wonder what the next level is... :o

Posted by Fate

VJs...
Vuh
Vah
Vih
Video...?
Juh
Jok
Jockeys?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Spongebob can be pretty funny at times. I don't watch too much tv nowadays as I prefer watching dvds of tv series or movies. No commercials and I get watch what I actually want to watch rather than settling for whatever's on.

Quoting blown-away-by-love: MTV is an American cable television network based in New York City and launched on August 1, 1981. The original purpose of the channel was to play music videos guided by on-air hosts known as VJs

Quoting momsen123: i like spongebob Squarepants episodes but i Watch Spongebob Episodes on nick. Did u seen this show?

I'm simultaneously sick of bots and think they're hilarious. I'M SO TORN!

Posted by brock9233

I use to watch it on Cartoon network...Why the channels like MTV which are purely based on music add these kind of shows in their schedule. I think they have nothing left to show. They have only two things now one is reality shows or the shows based on songs..So Sad