DS Light Lite? DS Liter? DS Skinny?

Posted by maian

[url=http://ds.ign.com/articles/889/889216p1.html]Link[/url]

Rumors circulating from "trusted insiders" indicate that there's a strong chance that yet another DS redesign is on the way. Granted, it's not true, but news from "trusted insiders" on massive media sites such as IGN DURING E3 have a pretty strong chance of being true.

The redesign would be smaller, naturally, and ship without a GBA slot. There's chances that they may ship with an accelerometer, but who knows on that front.

EITHER WAY, WE'LL FIND OUT TOMORROW LOL

My opinion? It'd be cool...I guess. Eh. Probably most definitely not worth buying if you own a Lite or a functioning Fat. Interesting news, nonetheless.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So DS Micro? I'll pass.

Posted by maian

Yeah, Game Boy Micro was kind of stupid and retarded in my opinion. :cool:

Then again though, Nintendo didn't really market that as the new Game Boy Advance, but rather as an alternate buy. I could see this new DS being another SP or Lite in terms of marketing.

Posted by Arcadios

Any thinner and it won't support GBA.

Quoted post: and ship without a GBA slot.

Posted by Arcadios

never bother reading maians post

[spoiler]jk bby :-*[/spoiler]

Posted by Speedfreak

Stupid to ship it with no backwards compatibility with some DS games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Lite is pretty much perfect, so I'm fine staying with it.

... Plus mine is one of those sweet gold Zelda DSs.

Posted by Arcadios

Hey, me too. :3

They're going to announce a sweet gold Zelda DS Micro today.

Posted by Drewboy64

didn't they say the supposed DS slim/liter/micro/whatever wouldn't have a GBA port? Guitar hero kind of smashes that rumor away then, doesn't it?

Posted by Red

how many times do they have to do this? I personally though the Normal DS was fine, the DS lite even better.

just like GBA, original was good, SP even better (well not exactly but it did have that lit screen) and then micro just blew chunks.

Posted by maian

Forget it, Nintendo's conference was a bust, it's probably not worth it hoping for any kind of surprise at all from them as of now. :cookie:

Posted by WillisGreeny

While walking through Bestbuy, I found myself just staring at the Nintendo DS lite, thinking "this is just too fukken big". Finally, I'll be able to buy a DS that can fit in my pixi cup holder. THAT's WHAT THE KIDs WANT!

Posted by Shade

Quoting Red:
just like GBA, original was good, SP even better (well not exactly

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS

/john mcenroe

Posted by Red

what I meant is that personally I prefer the wider GBA, it felt more comfortable.

plus my GBA was given to me for xmas, and it came with a power pack, and a "glow Guard" which is basically an SP right there. never had to use batteries or worry about light.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Basically, an original GBA with a backlight would have been the perfect handheld.

GBA > DS Lite > GBP > GBC > GBA SP > DS > GBAM > PSP > GB

Agreed. Though I'd place the PSP before the SP.

Posted by Speedfreak

I DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT.

Posted by Slade

The SP and the PSP both gave me hand cramps, and the buttons sucked on both systems. But the PSP's didn't make that annoying clicking sound every time I hit them, so it's slightly better.

Haven't gotten my mitts on a PSP slim yet, though.

Can't imagine sitting down for hours with a system any smaller in width than a DS Lite.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Slade;864712] Can't imagine sitting down for hours with a system any smaller in width than a DS Lite.

Nintendo disagrees. I bet they're already working on the DS nano.

Wait, wait, wait. I take back what I said about the PSP. The nub ruins it games completely. The look is nice though.

Posted by Red

you can buy nubs that look like a smaller analog stick, they're much more comfy.

the nub that comes with the PSP can be taken out just by getting your nails underneath it and pulling it out.

It's the fact that there's only one nub that's the problem. Doesn't work for many games, like Metal Gear and other shooters.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The X: GBA SP > DS Lite > everything else

fix'd.

idk, I just prefer the clamshell to an open screen.

So horribly wrong...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SP was hella awkward to hold.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It was just awkward to look at. Is this a gameboy, or a make-up kit?

Posted by Shade

You guys are on crack. SP was awesome.

If you have little baby hands maybe.

Posted by Shade

I did inherit my dad's small hands, yeah. They're not freakishly baby, though.

Freaky baby hands

Posted by WillisGreeny

Carnies.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Freaky baby hands

Possibly the best post ever posted.

Posted by Slade

Holding the SP made me self-conscious about my fingers. "were they always this long and skinny?!" gettin all tangled and sweaty

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Slade: Holding the SP made me self-conscious about my fingers. "were they always this long and skinny?!" gettin all tangled and sweaty